Happy weekend Gunners! You want balance? We’ve had it all along. Huge shout out and thanks to MikeS for working together with this.
You want big album mode scores, we got it. You want minimized multiballs, we got it! GNR settings are mostly set to extra easy, So let the settings tuning begin! - feel free to provide feedback or input as not all of this is 100% accurate.
• album mode scoring - change adjustment “time needed to qualify album”: default is 180 secs. Change to 30 secs.
What’s this do? This will substantially increase your album mode score level. I just played a live and let die encore followed by a partial November rain and cashed out. My desert demolition mode level was 71 and I didn’t have all 4 album patches (just the UYI1)
• booster multiball difficulty: increase lights, crowd, and pyro difficulty +1.
What’s this do? Reduces the amount of multiballs, especially the sporadic rando ones. This will increase difficulty of the game, especially pyro and crowd multiball.
• max ball song saver: default is 60. Recommend lowering to 30.
• Applause time: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 30.
What’s this do? This makes up for substantially reducing the max ball saver. This will light applause jackpot sooner cutting down ball times and giving better chances of hitting it to move on.
• GNR mystery spellout: default is 8. Recommend changing to 10 to reduce random mystery songs.
• super lockout timer: default is 15. Recommend increasing to 20-25
What’s this do? Increases the timer of how long balls stay locked in the powerchord before releasing. This will allow for more planting of balls reducing the amount of multiball chaos in front of flippers. Tip: new locked balls or hitting the Duff scoop will reset the timer.
• Individual songs difficulty: there’s a difficulty setting for each song, well most - night train shows up twice (bug?) and one or two aren’t there. These are default to 1, extra easy, out of about 8 (hardest).
Recommendation: i found the sweet spot to be between 2-4 - with most at 2. I’ve played with all sorts of settings and I did increase the higher scoring songs (estranged mainly) to 7 or 8.
What’s this do? It effects multiple aspects. One; it increases the # of shots to light the green scoop and move to the next wave. As such, this decreases your shot values because you’ll be leveling up the song slower so you’re final song jackpot will be lower. At difficulty 2-3 it won’t affect it too much. It’s at the higher 4+ difficulty that it really affects the jackpot values.
Additionally, this will reduce multiball chaos as you won’t be adding balls as often. I’ve tried the difficulty near max and found that it significantly slows the game down too much and found just a small bump in difficulty gave a good balance of scoring and challenge while keeping it fun.