Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 560.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks nice. Stern Mirror Blades will fit these? I'm thinking black mirror only

I don't think JJP uses Stern cabinets. Isn't it WPC style?

#1002 3 years ago

Is there a written rule set yet? I.e what shots to hit in each mode or song?

#1003 3 years ago

Anyone have an idea when SEs will be shipping?

#1004 3 years ago

I can’t wait to see the SE in action. I don’t want to sacrifice any of my machines to get the LE. I just started getting into this hobby and can’t bring myself to selling anything yet.

#1005 3 years ago

Just a heads up. When lowering the playfield, the vuk by the plunger gets very close. If you don't push the playfield back and lower it, you will crack the rubber off of the end of the plunger. Or pull the plunger and lower it until it's past.

#1006 3 years ago

If someone is going for moving head topper, it might be worth to check out how the mini-moving heads ingame is controlled.
If it´s dmx, maybe you can parallel em with thoose, to have them synched.

#1007 3 years ago

Played a game on my lunch break

Best game yet. 14M song jackpot!

9E490C47-5301-46D1-B37F-06B9BAC49CAF (resized).jpeg9E490C47-5301-46D1-B37F-06B9BAC49CAF (resized).jpegCCB4C242-4EF2-46A5-B78A-EE8CEDC819F0 (resized).jpegCCB4C242-4EF2-46A5-B78A-EE8CEDC819F0 (resized).jpeg
#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

There's a GnR on reddit with mirror blades. They look great. I'd like to see printed mirror blades; https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/j85iys/gnr_le_248_tilt_pinball_bar/
Shrunken image from the source;[quoted image]

Those mirror blades look outstanding, would really love to see video game play of the concert light show with those puppies installed.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Played a game on my lunch break
Best game yet. 14M song jackpot!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!

36752729-D539-4EEE-95AA-992FA07A6C17 (resized).jpeg36752729-D539-4EEE-95AA-992FA07A6C17 (resized).jpeg
#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Awesome!
[quoted image]

Yes the Slash selfie is cool also.

#1011 3 years ago

I played this at the St. Paul tap for 3 hours yesterday. Got home and ordered one from Fargo Pinball.

#1013 3 years ago

They should of used the bottom right Axl. It resembles him more.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

They should of used the bottom right Axl. It resembles him more.

He's on the Backglass

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Looks nice. Stern Mirror Blades will fit these? I'm thinking black mirror only

I see Tilt Graphics has JJP Mirrors for $90.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jersey-jack-mirror-blades

Reading earlier posts; The playfield is a tight fit. I suspect playfield service shields should be in everyone's toolbox.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I see Tilt Graphics has JJP Mirrors for $90.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/jersey-jack-mirror-blades
Reading earlier posts; The playfield is a tight fit. I suspect playfield service shields should be in everyone's toolbox.

can't BW mirrors fit on JJP?

#1017 3 years ago

Great support from JJP today. For anyone who has a spotlight that isn't making full range of motion, here are the things we tried (mostly obvious, but: thought I'd pass along):
-Under Setting, Test, Device Test: put spotlight through paces and see what is not working (for mine, vertical axis on the left spotlight)
-Check the two 3-pin servo connectors/wires directly behind the spotlights. reseat to confirm good connection
-Check the connector on the Playfield Controller Board; reseat to confirm solid connection and that wires are intact (see attached pic)
-Swap the 3-pin servo connectors between the left/right and run Device Test again. Basically: confirm it's a mechanical issue vs. a signal/wiring issue.

In my case, move on the step #5: wait for a new Left Spotlight Assembly to replace the faulty specimen. I asked for the servo make/model to just try swapping it out in the interim; but: the engineers discourage DYI. They need to be calibrated as an assembly (which the warranty will cover).

In the meantime, going to keep playing the hell out of this game. saggy spotlight or not.

Servo Connector1 (resized).JPGServo Connector1 (resized).JPG
#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Great support from JJP today.

I have always had great experiences with JJP support. They are top notch!

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I can’t wait to see the SE in action. I don’t want to sacrifice any of my machines to get the LE. I just started getting into this hobby and can’t bring myself to selling anything yet.

Don’t do it. I’ve regretted it every time I’ve sold something to get something.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think JJP uses Stern cabinets. Isn't it WPC style?

This is my first JJP, can anyone confirm which style mirrors fit?

#1021 3 years ago

November Rain the song was never my GNR fav, but with this machine - man - it has a new life, decent challenge, almost like being part of some kind of movie.
Just incredible.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

This is my first JJP, can anyone confirm which style mirrors fit?

Cointaker sells JJP specific ones, so guessing there may be a slight difference.

#1023 3 years ago

Got an Email about 3:30pm today from ABF freight. My LE was picked up from JJP and is being drop shipped to my doorstep. Its on the way!!

#1024 3 years ago

I have a brand new set of mirror blades that I purchased for Wonka. Paid $90 but willing to sell for $75 for anyone local. PM if interested.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Great support from JJP today. For anyone who has a spotlight that isn't making full range of motion, here are the things we tried (mostly obvious, but: thought I'd pass along):
-Under Setting, Test, Device Test: put spotlight through paces and see what is not working (for mine, vertical axis on the left spotlight)
-Check the two 3-pin servo connectors/wires directly behind the spotlights. reseat to confirm good connection
-Check the connector on the Playfield Controller Board; reseat to confirm solid connection and that wires are intact (see attached pic)
-Swap the 3-pin servo connectors between the left/right and run Device Test again. Basically: confirm it's a mechanical issue vs. a signal/wiring issue.
In my case, move on the step #5: wait for a new Left Spotlight Assembly to replace the faulty specimen. I asked for the servo make/model to just try swapping it out in the interim; but: the engineers discourage DYI. They need to be calibrated as an assembly (which the warranty will cover).
In the meantime, going to keep playing the hell out of this game. saggy spotlight or not.
[quoted image]

Disappointing on a new game that you have spent 9,500.00 on? I hope I don’t have this issue

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Disappointing on a new game that you have spent 9,500.00 on? I hope I don’t have this issue

I agree but also the reality of pinball is that you need to be comfortable fixing minor issues and lifting the playfield every once in a while. It’s just part of owning a pinball machine. ALL of them will require tweaking and repair.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

More
Disappointing on a new game that you have spent 9,500.00 on?

It’s part of pin ownership. All companies have issues; it’s how they deal with the issues that set them apart

#1028 3 years ago

My LE arrived in Richmond today delivery coming tomorrow by 5pm. Woohoo!

#1029 3 years ago

Anyone know how to troubleshoot or adjust the new proximity sensors?

New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins if play and the lock locations on the upper playfield are not all registering. First one works but not second.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone know how to troubleshoot or adjust the new proximity sensors?
New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins if play and the lock locations on the upper playfield are not all registering. First one works but not second.

Reboot the game. Make sure you are on 1.05 (can download over WiFi) Put into switch test. Place a pinball over each sensor to verify they are working. Reboot the game. I believe the sensors auto calibrate upon each boot up.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I agree but also the reality of pinball is that you need to be comfortable fixing minor issues and lifting the playfield every once in a while. It’s just part of owning a pinball machine. ALL of them will require tweaking and repair.

Hey that shit is a lot better then chipping and pooling JP2 playfields

#1032 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

New LE here had the spinning disc sink after about 10mins

Is adjustable under the playfield. Loosen big nut, screw it higher or lower. Retighten it.

LTG : (

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Cointaker sells JJP specific ones, so guessing there may be a slight difference.

Can't get the Cointaker ones shipped to Australia (unless I want to pay through the nose) so I need an alternative

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Got an Email about 3:30pm today from ABF freight. My LE was picked up from JJP and is being drop shipped to my doorstep. Its on the way!!

Who was your distributor? Or did you go through Jjp?

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is adjustable under the playfield. Loosen big nut, screw it higher or lower. Retighten it.
LTG : (

I've seen and now read about this spinning disc issue, where it falls in, a number of times.

As a soon to be new owner, what should I do or check for to ensure this doesn't happen before I play it?

#1036 3 years ago

So I got a photo memory from the Oct 2017 Pinball Expo with Steve Epstein and saw that I had the 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo GNR shirt on. That was when I ordered my JJPOTC from Flip-n-Out / Larry Kitchen too. My brother and I came up with the design of that shirt while literally at the GnR Not In this Lifetime Tour concert in Cincinnati 2016. Turns out that concert poster is on the LE cabinet too! Needless to say, with Virtual Expo going on, and Steve telling me through this pic "You NEED to order this game too", I placed the order for a GNR LE with Flip-n-Out / ZMeny !

Looking forward to joining the club!

20171012_213222 (1) (resized).jpg20171012_213222 (1) (resized).jpggnr (resized).pnggnr (resized).png
#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen and now read about this spinning disc issue, where it falls in, a number of times.
As a soon to be new owner, what should I do or check for to ensure this doesn't happen before I play it?

At the risk of stating the obvious... check the height, raise or lower it as needed via the nut underneath, and tighten it up.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's not a big deal if it happens, very easy to put back together. It's one metal post with two gold centering spacers. I would use some blue loctite on the threaded part of the post that goes into the disc to keep it from loosening easily.

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Who was your distributor? Or did you go through Jjp?

Automated services. Was going to be picked up last Friday, but there was a mixup. Paid in full, day one though.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Congrats! What time did you place your order from JJP? I was at 12:38 PM PST.

#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

Congrats! What time did you place your order from JJP? I was at 12:38 PM PST.

Lol, thanks, but I ordered through a distributor, see above

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

At the risk of stating the obvious... check the height, raise or lower it as needed via the nut underneath, and tighten it up.

Thanks and makes sense but why are folks having this issue? Is the force of the ball knocking something loose below the table?

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

It’s part of pin ownership. All companies have issues; it’s how they deal with the issues that set them apart

I do agree but it’s a large chunk of change. Normally if you were to buy a car people would be there to help you fix it correct? Also would not have to fix it yourself correct?

#1044 3 years ago

Also I might add I’m very comfortable with pin ownership I have a MMRLE and a Wizard of Oz all of which have given me a few issues and have been resolved but on a brand new pin really? Where is the QC?

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks and makes sense but why are folks having this issue? Is the force of the ball knocking something loose below the table?

Some might be shipped loose, and it may shake loose in play, sure - as others mentioned, hit it with a spot of loctite once you've got it set.

#1046 3 years ago

Tell me one thing that you buy for $10,000 that you have to fix? Oh yeah a 2003 BMW?

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The post is threaded and the record has a screw connect on the bottom. When it spins it can loosen the record and if it gets too loose gravity takes over and drops the post to the bottom of the cabinet. The record itself won't fall through the cabinet, but it will be loose and at angle which will trap the ball on it.

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shouldn't be a problem. Some of the first games there is a screw/washer below the playfield holding the spinning disc down. On some of the first games it came loose. Fixed in production.

Easy to check. Look at the parts diagram in the manual. You can download it from the website.

LTG : )

#1049 3 years ago

Servos in pinball suck.

#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Where is the QC?

Ask Gary Stern. He hired a Head of QA and yet they still have a ton of issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.