IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #34 Feature matrix listing differences for each edition. Posted by Dallas_Pin (3 years ago)

Post #414 GNR Manual - link to JJP site Posted by knobstone (3 years ago)

Post #434 Full Song List Posted by Concretehardt (3 years ago)

Post #755 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Guitar Neck Lock Release tip Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #1017 TECH: LIGHTING. Troubleshooting spot light motion issues Posted by wdbthree (3 years ago)

Post #3837 How to use jukebox mode Posted by kermit24 (3 years ago)

Post #4098 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Flipper adjustment tips Posted by Eskaybee (3 years ago)

Post #5052 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Shooter rod power. Change barrel spring. Posted by WannaPinball (3 years ago)

Post #5235 Scorbit jjGnR integration FAQ Posted by jsa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

605 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 1 of 3.
#481 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

There's four. Four multiballs. Smaug, beast, arkenstones and adding a ball to a mode to help complete it. Those last about 2 seconds before that helper ball drains and you're back to one. Absolute child's play compared to gnr.

Feast Frenzy?

#601 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Soooooo, my distributor says my game should ship today, but call JJP for a tracking number since it's being drop shipped. I then call JJP, and they emailed me the bill of lading from the freight company, still no tracking number though. So I call the freight company and they poke around in their computer and tell me "hmmm looks like our truck showed up for a pickup, but the business has moved"! So, another call to JJP, only to find out my distributor gave the shipping company JJPs OLD ADDRESS!!!! Dammit!!! How many weeks is this gonna cost me?

FWP?

#633 3 years ago

Lol, yes FWP indeed, but dammit man. I just hope it doesnt somehow bump me into the " hopefully in a month" club.

I've been told by my distributor that my Avengers Premium 'should' be here sometime in December (day 1 order and 50% deposit). Have not been told any info on when my Gunners LE will ship at all. I'm assuming i won't see it for at least 6 weeks, but i think that's hopeful.

Didn't mean to piss on your Easter egg, but you see how it is for us savages from down under. I'm on the CE EOI list from day one, but don't know if any at all are coming here now.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I wish that I ordered a CE direct while I had the opportunity.
Was frustrating to see the direct order window open and not clicking buy now as I was being loyal and patient with our distro. Then to see the door close without hearing anything was a bummer.
Still waiting patiently to hear from our distro.
Feeling somewhat deflated here

You and me both brother. Just a list and no communication. How would you have organized the freight if you had ordered direct?

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Earlier in the week I sent my dad a link to the GNR reveal. We both agreed that it looked awesome and joked that we couldn't wait to play each other's - at the time I wasn't thinking about buying and I don't think he was either since he's still expecting another machine and so was I.
Fast forward a few days, I cancel my AIQ premium order and move that money to GNR LE. I had not told my dad yet, I was thinking of maybe surprising him when we went to pick it up from my distributor.
So I am talking to my dad last night on the phone. He was asking when my Avengers was going to be ready for pickup and I couldn't resist so I told him I am getting a GNR LE instead. He asked me if I had already paid for it and I was kind of like, "uhh, yeah. Why?" Turns out he had done the same! This will be the first time in the 20 plus pins between our two collections that we will have the same exact machine, which is breaking an unwritten rule - but it's a great machine to do it on.
Now more than ever, I actually really hope they implement online play so I can kick my dad's ass every day

I only have two mates that collect pinballs, both are operators and both of them are buying the LE same as me i found out yesterday.

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So long USB. Thanks for the info I really like this. IT would be cool if they gave you a notification on updates something subtle that you can choose yes or no at this time.

That's what my television does if i ever turn it on, so i'd assume a yes.

#836 3 years ago

It'll get there when it get's there. What good is all the speculation, rumours and complaining going to do?

#886 3 years ago

2 players 3 games I either hit it again for 2 games each or play one player game each and one flipper each for the third game (unless it's comp day).

#890 3 years ago

How the hell do you post gifs that work anyway?

#892 3 years ago

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif

tenor (3).giftenor (3).gif

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You have to select your image, then on the right change the drop down choice from medium to Original size (no re-scaling)[quoted image]

thanks.

#1150 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

We are all grown ass men and still want to see boobies.

Thre's a great set of boobies in Rob Zombie. Everyone loves boobies, from kids to old ladies and even dogs.

how-manyaagree-with-the-dog-puppylove-likes-boobs-4013303 (resized).pnghow-manyaagree-with-the-dog-puppylove-likes-boobs-4013303 (resized).png

#1344 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

As a representative from CANADA, I wish to remind everyone that we are not to be confused with Kaneda.
The USA is entirely to blame for that mess.

Well, you guys did take responsibility for Justin Bieber, so i spose that's fair enough.

#1352 3 years ago

Funny, i'm really looking forward to my Gunners pinball. But I'm really worried about the Avengers i ordered at the same time. So many production issues has me second guessing whether to cancel it or not.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I found myself just singing along like I was at a concert. Fun as shit. NO OTHER music pin has done that to me.

I tend to dance and jump up and down while playing Aerosmith, i have to say.

#1483 3 years ago

Sort of, but more like this....

df27 (resized).jpgdf27 (resized).jpg

#1485 3 years ago

Hence now anything new is to be called The Spectrum......

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

This. When are the LE's hitting the country? I was in on day one and haven't had any confirmation except the receipt for my down payment.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Any suggestions for the Aussie market for a reasonably priced sub? Those recommend here aren't available in a AUS.

I've bought them for under $100 at pawnshops second hand before for pins mate. No particular brand, just priced right.

#1986 3 years ago

Convinced me, ordering the full pinwoofer today.

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Ouch, shipping I'll wait until after I get the game and see if I can get a group order in.

Talk to Dan mate, he's really good about the whole thing.

The thing with an external sub for me (i have one that shares tween hobbit, deadpool and whatever game i set up with it now Tommy is gone, is that if, like me, you move games around the sub is in the way of the trolley. Also you have to climb in under it, unhook all those cables and move it when you move the game.

So yeah, exe solution, but contained. i just sold a shooter rod from my ASLE that pretty much covers the cost of the full pinwoofers kit, so i'm happy.

Group buy is a great idea, i know two other guys here in Coffs that have ordered the LE, so once again, talk to Dan and i bet he'd give you great pricing for a few of them and you could cover your costs (unless he has an arrangement with someone here).

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

So your running an external sub along with the pin woofer kit?

Just. No.

#2081 3 years ago

Spooky's Alice Cooper has different art on each side

#2117 3 years ago

I cancelled my Avengers, there are heaps worse issues on that thing than some playfield pooling or chipping that can be repaired. There's design issues with the subway and owners trying to redesign it so it works, there's QC issues where people are getting machines that you can't take the glass off, opto's plugged in backwards etc

Very much looking forward to the Gunners though.

#2276 3 years ago

Distributor in Australia said that his first container is supposed to be shipping early this month for all the aussies waiting on news.

I'm standing at the end of the driveway hopping up and down and holding my dick waiting for my new Air Hockey table that's coming today...i hope..

It'll be 6 weeks or more till is see gunners.

#2338 3 years ago

Bullshit, keep the skull pics coming. Morning chuckles are good.

#2378 3 years ago

My GnR box came from the States yesterday.

Unfortunately it was too small to contain a pinball machine, but still full of GnR love from Pinwoofer.

Thanks Dan, so fast.

gnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpg

#2408 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

You in on LE or CE?

LE, i wanted both but couldn't get the CE.

#2660 3 years ago

2 bucks/3 for $5 here and all we have is a lousy big banana. But i don't mind, cause the local operator is a good mate and it pay's him back for fixing my machines.

Big-Banana-550x360 (resized).jpgBig-Banana-550x360 (resized).jpg

#2664 3 years ago

It's what Paul told me too, but he told me it should be leaving 'early' this month, but that was a week ago. So looks like after xmas we'll see them.

#2666 3 years ago

Hang on and i'll goolge that for you.

#2667 3 years ago

Capture35 (resized).JPGCapture35 (resized).JPG

allow a week or more for customs clearance and then another week sorting games before shipping

#2669 3 years ago

No, if it was sarcasm i would've used the lmgtfy link. I honestly went and googled, took a screen shot to help you as you asked.

Is it that you are not used to people being nice to you?

#2672 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Always money in the banana stand.

The banana farmers have discovered there's even more money in blueberries round here unfortunately.

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

"Let me Google that for you" is usually the same kind of rudeness in the lines of "as per my last email".

But that's not what i typed, as per my last reply.

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Word of advice is to only get your JJP information direct from the official Australian distributor rather than someone purporting to be speaking on behalf of the official Australian distributor.
That way you never run the risk of being misled.

Who's misleading who?

Capture71 (resized).JPGCapture71 (resized).JPG

#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

It wasn't directed at you.

Aaah, i understand.

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

For a family/non-pinheads home party, can I (as the event leader) enter other people's names for my event? Or does everyone at the party have to have the app and enter themselves? I remember at Expo last year (in the hallway) that I think someone else could enter my name. Curious as that would be perfect for what I would primarily use it for.
Congrats on working with JJP on this. I know you guys were in talks with JJP last Expo about it and were hopeful.

Solved this by using the Iscore ap on a dedicated touch screen kiosk. Anyone can enter their own scores at any time. Machine resets won't matter etc.

Handy for the situation you are talking about and cheaper than retro fitting this system into my 20 games i'll bet.

pb85 (resized).jpgpb85 (resized).jpg

#2882 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah that is what I’m talking about. Why can’t it be set up to log in with your username and password. Then all the scores link to your account in the app.
I was hoping JJP would add leaderboards with WiFi. But I wanted it added in the game like that. Not adding a separate app to make more steps.
It could be done both ways. For public play, set the game up for public play where you have to claim your scores. When it’s your home game, link it to you automatically. You could enter your initials at the start of a game to auto link it and add scores.

The kiosk is just for general play, when i run comp or social comp i use matchplay.com, you can just enter it off a phone for each person. Good thing is you only need one person from a group of 4 to give you the placings for that game. I have a laptop and big screen set up in the game room and people can see what machine and what player order they are next from a glance. Runs pretty smoothly and costs like $20 a year. IFPA standings etc. Matchplay runs the whole comp for me.

matchplay.events/app

#2896 3 years ago

I read it clearly as a general policy that they do same day shipping and that they have over 400 games in stock. Not that they have stock of any one particular machine at all times. Didn't feel at all mislead.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

The reason why they haven't sent them out or why we have no timeline yet could be easily understood.... Playfield playfield playfields issues being resolved

notthisshitagain4 (resized).jpgnotthisshitagain4 (resized).jpg

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I was just informed that we won't see a container of GNR pins in Australia until after February
The wait continues......

That's not what he was saying two weeks ago. Fuck.

#3071 3 years ago

33 games total shipping to Australia on 6th December i heard.

In my limited experience LTG is right and the OS countries are packed and shipped so that people get games at the same time as you guys in the contingent assembly of united states of north America.

#3081 3 years ago

Yeah sorry, just the goss. I don't know anymore.

#3176 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Geez....now Pinside has the "Collection Police"

My momma talkin' to me tryin' to tell me how to live
But I don't listen to her 'cause my head is like a sieve

The world's comin' to an end, I don't even care
As long as I can have a limo and my orange hair
And it don't bother me if people think I'm funny
'Cause I'm a big rock star and I'm makin' lots of money

#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We like you guys in the USA have many beautiful locations. I believe locals call the place Woopi!

Correct.

https://www.facebook.com/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc-1079332152257683

Big local Sikh population have been here for a long time, so we get a Curry festival etc. Weather is ideal, i don't own an airconditioner or a heater.

#3188 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

So, how I am supposed to sleep tonight if the great, “when should a game go into your collection” issue remains unsolved?!?!

It all depends on whether you give a rat's arse what anyone else thinks.

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

JJP will be selling one too. They previewed it on Facebook and should be out soon along with shirts and other stuff. [quoted image]

I don't use them, but spotted it while looking for a new quilt cover set to replace my Deadpool sheets and thought someone else may like it.

gnr3 (resized).jpggnr3 (resized).jpg

#3257 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Simmer down Francis. It is a giant issue with everyone who has a game on order and we are all hoping the problem is fixed.

You aren't speaking for me so better drop the 'everyone' Mac.

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well aren’t we nasty. Ok, it’s a nonstop issue with some. Feel better?

Nasty? No.

You are better off speaking for yourself than speaking for others who haven't asked you to do so.

Howabout just 'I have an issue with it', and speak about your concerns?

#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok you can't say That without pictures! Lets see this Deadpool bed setup lol.

Bit of a DP fanboy. it was my first NIB (first pinball machine) last year. Gunners is my second new in box.

dp6 (resized).jpgdp6 (resized).jpg

dp3 (resized).jpgdp3 (resized).jpg

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Let's hope so.

There's no need for hope;

1 AUD to USD = 0.702919 US Dollars.

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Black was on the SE models earlier

Just maybe they listened to the negative people suggesting they were trying to hide something when 'clearly' they wern't?

#3313 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If she makes you sell one I’d buy the DP for my kid

Can't see it being DP, hard to pick from that lineup for most but Nedry couldn't leave my place quick enough.....ahhh ahhh ahhhhhh, ahhh ahhh ahhhh Shoot the left ramp ugh

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Of those 4 pins, yes. R&M is really close, what a cool game!

Rick and Morty is like JP2 for me. Good game to play and shoot, but the repetitive callouts do my head in and i wouldn't have them in the house.

Shoot the left ramp and get to the garage. Fuck

#3345 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s just too many owners for it not to win.
My personal opinion on game of the year (and I’ve played all 4):
GNR > R&M > Hotwheels > ....................AIQ.

Have you played Celts?

MakeThatAllFivePunkin

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Frank here...Frank here...Frank here.

Ahhhh shit, does it? Gunners does?

#3367 3 years ago

So many rules imposed on others........ Who cares for the rules on what other people think you should be allowed to say?

NotISaidTheWolfPunkin

#3580 3 years ago

sorted

#3592 3 years ago

sorted

#3639 3 years ago

Well i can save then.

snake2 (resized).jpgsnake2 (resized).jpg

#3645 3 years ago

brokenrecord (resized).jpgbrokenrecord (resized).jpg

C'mon we're not little girls here. We'll get the machines as soon as they make them.

#3648 3 years ago

Yeah, the waiting is hard. But it gets more frustrating if you get all worked up about it and pulls down the enjoyment of the anticipation.

You can loose half the thrill in frustration.

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, note to self. Do not piss off #punkin lol. Some serious art there.

Most of the top half of the sleeves were done over 40 years ago. The bottom halves were done just in the last couple of years when i realised i'd never have to work for anyone else again.

James, the new artist was asked to respect the historical stuff, and although he recoloured a couple of bits, and coloured the flame border that was only outline, he never put a needle into the other guys work without asking me first.

I'm finished with tattoo's now.

#3651 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. You are now hired as my personal therapist.

Should be a cakewalk. You seem remarkably well adjusted, if a little impulsive.

I'm not the one to correct you on the impulsive though as it's something i have to keep an eye on too.

#3667 3 years ago

I paid way more than that in $au. It's all perspective.

An example small car new in the US this year;

https://www.motortrend.com/news/top-10-cheapest-new-cars/

Looks like $us15-20k right?

Small new car in the land of the big pineallpe;

https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/blog/the-best-small-cars-under-20000-in-australia.html

$au13.5k-21k

Now the pinball machine?

Guns and Roses LE from Jack himself RRP = $9,500
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Collectors-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Jeez, you guys could buy two pinball machines for the price of a small car!

RRP for the LE in Australia? = $15,490

https://pinballsales.com.au/product/guns-n-roses-limited-edition/

could have bought a small car and had enough for a night out with the strippers instead of a pinball machine.

Perpective

perspective (resized).pngperspective (resized).png

#3668 3 years ago

Just to clarify, i'm not dissing my distributor, i do business in Australia too, and if you are being greedy you don't last. It just costs more for them on small scale being that far from the factory, lcl or fcl, taxes and duties etc.

#3696 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

That's it ... I've seen it all now.
My life is complete.

No way, they are showing pictures of framed cardboard boxes in the deadpool owners club atm. Once you have a framed box your life can be complete.

#3698 3 years ago

Yaaah! Enjoy mate. I'm making do with my new to me AFMleRm. Good substitute while i wait though.

#3721 3 years ago

So happy for all you guys getting games. makes my anticipation all the sweeter.

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I hate all 10 guys that have their games...I want mine now!!!

santasgrave (resized).jpgsantasgrave (resized).jpg

#3781 3 years ago

Well it'll be a while before i get my game, but at least i can dream heh?

gunner1 (resized).jpggunner1 (resized).jpg

#3818 3 years ago

pinwoofer.

#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You would think that you shouldn't have to spend another $300 plus bananas to be able to control it on a JJP.

It's a rock and roll pin, mines been sitting waiting for the game to get here for more than a month.

Better than spending $300 on a toy to stick on the playfield or a shooter rod housing.

Anyway, just offering a solution as the question was "Yea, I can't believe there isn't a way to adjust other than that. High, middle and bass adjustment should be a bare minimum...the off sound is driving me nutz!"

pb90 (resized).jpgpb90 (resized).jpg

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What you need Punkin is a $300 frame for a part of your NIB cardboard box [quoted image]

nah (resized).jpgnah (resized).jpg

#3874 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Genuinely considering either Zep or GnR.
Still think Zep will be the better shooter.
But, GnR LE vs Zep LE?
GnR LE is just head and shoulders better in every way.
I mean, it's not even close. Wow.

I unvisited the thread, all the machines are ugly, LE less so, but jesus. The pro hasn't got the only cool mech on there. meh.

Was interested if not excited.

#3876 3 years ago

Yeah i don't really get all that 'my favourite band' thing. I didn't like Guns and Roses as a kid and still don't much.
At 15 i listened to Led Zep, Deep purple, Pink Floyd especially, David Bowie, Joe Walsh etc.

I still listen to a few of those bands rarely, mostly a song at a time rather than albums, but my favourite bands when i was 20, 30, 40 and 50 have all changed.
ATM i'm listening to hip hop more than anything, just never understood those who listen to the same music all their lives.
'Hit's from the 80's and 90's radio? Fuck no! We loved that music when we were kids because it was new as much as because it was cool.

I listen to new music if i listen to radio, in Australia it's JJJ, govt young people radio (yaah! No ad's). My favourite style of music and the bands that i listen to change as i mature, surely that's the way it should be as we are not the same person as we were (hopefully) at twenty, so why would we like the same things? (love me some spotify, keeps me up to date on what's happening in music)

So while i loved Led Zeplin as a kid, i would not buy a pin based on that.

Didn't like Aerosmith as a kid, have an LE. Didn't like GnR as a kid, have an LE coming, didn't like ACDC as a kid or an adult, don't like the game. Etc Etc

Theme is secondary to art and gameplay by a very long margin for me.

Gunners has the art, the innovation, the mechs and the coolest ramps in the pinball world. That's why i can't wait to get it even though i don't give a rat's about the music.

#3882 3 years ago

My mates would ash their joints in the eye holes for sure.

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

To Bad The Nose was not the Plunger

You think it would be better if it was sticking two inches higher than the lock bar do you? Or do you mean rescale the whole thing so it's two inches smaller all round?

You'll have to make one and show us what you mean.

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what? Lol. I thought you had a GnR bedding set! Lol. I would call that a super fan. (Or a not married fan)
.lol

The Gnr bedding is a tribute to the pinball machine, not the stupid band. I'm a pinball superfan.

#3916 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Hmm! Not sure how that image got included?!

ahhhh, troll post. Lifes short, go and watch the sunset.

#3935 3 years ago

My BA still has the original rubbers on it too.

Is the top playfield similar to BKsor? That one is a cracker. Full loops, cannon lock or target.

#3939 3 years ago

There's a thread for that if you are interested in that kind of thing.

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

So a few minor things...
1. The rollover on the GNR inlane seems to be really high or perhaps a bit bent, balls sometimes get caught on it (like the photo attached).
I hit the flippers a few times and the ball slides down the inlane but it obviously ruins some of the flow... any ideas on how to adjust?

[quoted image]

I'm the last bloke to give maintenance advice, but it looks to me as if the wire for the inlane is pushed up against the left side.
May just be camera angle, but may be a clue too.

#4051 3 years ago

I read all that and just thought, hit the blinky lights. Sounds more complex than i delve.

HitAndHopePunkin

#4106 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I ordered a CE from day one with no CE’s being built yet. Over 2 months later. Not ONE!

download (22) (resized).jpgdownload (22) (resized).jpg

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m out of patience. I’m going to buy a Wonka LE until it comes in.

Have to say I'm absolutely having a ball with my new attack From Mars remake. Seems to be making me a slightly better player too, by showing me different ways to score. Got the 5 way combo this morning for the first time.

JustSayingPunkin

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Thanks;
Wish the box was 56 inches max, I am glad I asked

Buying a frame and joining the cardboard box collectors club?

#4222 3 years ago

Yes, merry xmas, one and all. Christmas morning here, but it's just a another day without kids in the house, maybe a little lonelier.

Having my usual lunch here though, for all the others i know that don't have family round, so good times today too.

Bought myself another pinball T shirt for a prezzie. Definitely someone in my head when they designed that.

pb94 (resized).jpgpb94 (resized).jpg

And a couple for some mates.

pb95 (resized).jpgpb95 (resized).jpg

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

That's awesome. Where did you buy it?

https://www.spreadshirt.com.au/shop/clothing/t-shirts/pinball

Swinks has got some good ones too as has redbubble.

#4281 3 years ago

A mate of mine once said that women were like dogshit.

When his wife asked what he meant he said the older they get, the easier they are to pick up.

#4317 3 years ago

I'll be putting one of these on, made by a local bloke and heavy stainless, solid feeling and beautiful.

Not to mention in the covid aware environment, easy to clean and disinfect, unlike the dirty molded heads and stuff.

pb97 (resized).jpgpb97 (resized).jpg

#4322 3 years ago

Just took the dirty molded head off my ASle and replaced it with the stainless ball. Someone thankfully broke the dirty molded head on my TWD on the weekend, so stainless ball going on there too. I still have a couple spare stainless balls for new projects too, great product from Dave, at a great price.

#4373 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My only criticism of the design is that the SE model is missing too much without the upper playfield. On SE you shoot left a turnaround ramp instead of the upper playfield on LE. Why do I think that omission is important. The upper playfield is your center for ball handling (think ball fondlers) and decision making. Prior to starting a song, a trip to the top can 1) put (1-6) balls into a physical ball lock and start album mode 2) hit lights target and start a multiball 3) qualify 2 band members 4) spell amp and start a multiball 5) spell GNR and collect patch and 6) spell GNR with short drain. In addition to being able to do these six things, I can pick which one I want to do, an accomplish that one specifically. It puts the player in control. There are additional uses of it during song modes too. I don’t know how the software chooses which of these items to award simultaneously for the SE, but the path to choosing one’s own destiny is taken away with the disappearance of that big, beautiful, upper playfield.
For location play, the SE can be all right, as most people don’t know where to begin. But an LE on location is appreciated by average+ players too. Both seem to be viable products.

Loved your post before this and upvoted it, well thought out and well explained. Looking forward to seeing mine soon i hope.
The comments above don't seem valid when you could have negated all your points by just spending more money and buying the next model up, which most of the people in this thread seem to have done.

#4393 3 years ago

images11 (resized).jpgimages11 (resized).jpg

#4412 3 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

A lot of people in these GNR and LZ threads, are saying most of you have not even played GNR or LZ yet you bash it. Well I have put in hours on a GNR and had a blast. GNR is a very fun, enjoyable, exciting in your face top game. I am what you JJP fans call a stern fanboy. But I still like other games from OTHER BRANDS too. I don't understand the hate for GNR or LZ, especially if you have not put hours on it and have given it a fair chance.

Take it somewhere else mate. This is an owners thread for gun's and roses, not a comparo thread. No-one here is bashing any machines we are just talking about the new gun's and roses machines we are either getting or have. There are no JJP fan's here or Stern fanboy's as you call them, just people talking about gun's and roses machines.

Pretty pathetic attempt at a troll.

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I really dont think they are trolling, but I understand why you may have taken it that way.
Fanboys are toxic in any event.

Not as sure as you, come into an owners thread and accuse the participants of bashing one machine which we like enough to lay thousands on, or another which no-one here is even talking about, let alone bashing?

Certainly walks like a duck.

#4546 3 years ago

Aussies know of anyone doing a kit in Australia?

#4560 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Try these mate, I think the Haus may do them soon hopefully
The 2 best supplies down under
https://pinballhaus.com/
https://www.rtbb.com.au/
Speaking of parts, no one has mentioned balls ?
Guessing JJP balls are great from the factory ?
My first JJP so I don't know

Thanks, i'll get onto Babak, he's just shipped me 50 ninjas and 50 carbon balls. Didn't think to ask him if he does titans. I use Nino all the time too.

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Damn...all these different issues out of the box is making me nervous about getting mine.
Seems like most people opening these pins have issues right away or within the first few games.

Should have seen the Avengers thread. I ordered Avengers just before Gunners and was pleased to have them both coming. I got so nervous about all the issues with avengers that i cancelled my order. Their QC was incredibly lax, people were getting machines with many issues. Some of them were design issues where the balls would be stuck constantly in the subway etc. Haven't kept up with that thread since, but the amount of issues out of the box here are miniscule compared.

#4626 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Pins are very complex. There is no perfect pinball except my Addams Gold. Other than that, you will have to work on your pins right out of the box. Machines are not putting these together. Will some have more issues than others, you bet. I’m hoping mine is very minimal.

QC is an organizational structure, it's not related to pinball, but to management practices. Some companies give this a higher priority than others.

Releasing a product with design faults is a different problem. I cancelled my order because of both these issues.

I know there are likely to be some issues with my JJP when it gets here. i also know that it was more likely there were going to be more serious issues with the avengers. that is all.
I'm not a fan of any particular company except Williams/Bally as you can see from my collection. Prob's have more Sterns than anything if you count companies still in existence.

If i wanted design faults I'd buy another Spooky, at least there's a payoff in quirk.

#4638 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I don't think SEs are sold out....are they?

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long.
Smart money may say that they'll open the order process back up for them once they are closer to putting them back on the line.

It's an entitled society nowadays. I want it and i want it now, applies like it does to children with us rich people.

#4639 3 years ago

Good guess that JJP know it's going to be a while before they go back on the line and don't want people whining that they are waiting to long. Certainty show as sold on their website.
Smart money may say that they'll open the order process back up for them once they are closer to putting them back on the line.
It's an entitled society nowadays. I want it and i want it now, applies like it does to children with us rich people.

#4644 3 years ago

Definately not trying to make it Stern V JJP, i don't really believe all that crap. I just think the virus has made a big turnover in staff that contributes to the QC issues. the big one that made the difference in avengers was the design issue. Couldn't believe that wasn't discovered before games shipped, play testing machines in the factory before shipping should have revealed it, let alone development testing.

I may still get one down the track if all that shit is fixed.

But anyway, Gunners!

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is one on the WOZ too.
LTG : )

It's a joint dispenser. Blunts out the bottom and scoobies out the top.

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I put my external sub, and game on this outlet so I can control it together and also surge protect.[quoted image]

Oh god, so long as it's always yours no foul play.

Clear-Couch-Bags (resized).jpgClear-Couch-Bags (resized).jpg

MakesMeFeelLikeCryingThoughPunkin

#4660 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I still can't believe JJP doesn't have good balls ???
Does JJP really source from same rubbish tip as Stern ?

For a extra dollar per ball, probably less , I don't get it

\

I'll be good, 50 ninja's and 50 carbons. thanks babak, arrived today. Post guy handed me the little box and said 'heavy'. Yep, 100 pinballs.

I figured vacpac would stop the wild rust, it's rained every day here for 6 weeks or so.

Prizes for who gets the carbon V Ninga.

pb101 (resized).jpgpb101 (resized).jpg
#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Ninja right, I'll settle for a Blunt
Man I will catch up next time in Woopi for sure

Here ya go;

lunch6 (resized).jpglunch6 (resized).jpg

You are welcome here, there's even a bunk if you want to break your trip somewhere.

#4807 3 years ago

Could be under a plastic, could be stuck there with mastic.
Might be next to a sling, could be on top of the thing.
Maybe on top of a pop, where it probably won't stop.
Or next to a switch where it may cause a glitch?
I bet near a bat, can't be simpler than that.

How could we know, where it may go?
We do hope you find it though.

#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The cymbal isn’t exactly tiny! I hope you find it soon!

It's the bolt that can't be found, though he's looked around.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Haha, nice one punkin Some brilliant Dr. Seuss there, Love it.
Keep em comin

Dunno why that first post got me in a Seuss mindframe.

#4839 3 years ago

#4862 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The stage is set. It's Guns n Fricken Roses, go Big or go home! Available now.
The Mod Couple
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

mqdefault (resized).jpgmqdefault (resized).jpg

#4906 3 years ago

I think we should let the people who were lucky enough to get to spend the extra cash enjoy the benefits of having done so without devaluing their machines by copying them.

It's like people putting Porshe badges on their VW Golf.

If you have an LE or an SE be happy how beautiful it is and mod it however you like (not including action figures, plastic toys and gi joes).

#5044 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This game is sick. Holy shit. I love it.

So glad you got your game. I'd rather be waiting for mine than worrying about how long till you got yours.

#5082 3 years ago

For all the guys that were complaining that the export LE's left before you got your CE's, let it be known that the ship to the land of Aus is still on the water for at least 9 more days.

I'm happy for you that you got your CE's though.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

And that only 30 of us are getting an LE from that ship

yeppers, 30 for the whole country. I have two mate here in Coffs who are really disappointed, saying they can play mine doesn't seem to cheer them up.

Guessing it will be after the middle of the year they see theirs.

#5107 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

In your toybox with GI Joe, Stretch Armstrong, and Ken dolls?

Under the table where your doll's house is in your bedroom?

#5201 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is there a quick start in the options so you don't have to wait for all the computer code to disappear from the start up screen? Is the two loud speaker "bang" sounds common on start up? Thanks.

Someone made a mod board to eliminate this pop on start up in the Hobbit thread.
I could never figure out why it upset people so much, but if you want it gone, search the Hobbit thread for it.

#5293 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the Pop at the start up , let's you know the Pinball is alive

Can't really call it a pop if you are comparing it to my Whirlwind. It sometimes makes a crack like a rifle on power up.

#5294 3 years ago

Got an arrival notice, machines should be hitting the land of oz this week.

Excited to say the least.

#5342 3 years ago

That's cool. Little O ring might be good too.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Did you go the LE punkin

Tried to get both, but was unsuccessful on the CE. Pretty disappointed too, nother Pirates right there.

#5358 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have to sell my Hobbit like you did , so I'm not too worried about the wait .
After playing it , it was spectacular and I knew , I had to get one .

Let me know if you end up wanting to let your Hobbit go. A local guy i know has fallen in love with my BA and was shopping for one. not sure if it's still on his radar or not.

Now that i think of him, i have to contact him anyway, his Celts was due about now and i want to play it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5363 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Is it true that something like 88% of the continent is basically unpopulated?

No, the whole place is populated, just very sparsely in places. Some people have to fly a light plane to go into town or visit their neighbours. Think Alaska without the white stuff.

Quoted from Yelobird:

WAYYyy off topic but my daughter and I watched a documentary on Australia last night and dam you guys are lucky. What a beautiful country. On our must visit bucket list.

You are very welcome here too, look up Woolgoolga on you tube. Only 3,000 souls here, but halfway point tween Sydney and Brisbane. 25 machines here and a granny flat to stop off for a few nights.

https://www.facebook.com/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc-1079332152257683/

#5455 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I added a PinWoofer to my LE a few days ago. What a difference it makes! I had debated between adding this or just an external sub and am very happy with choice. It definitely adds to the concert experience. I have to give a shout out to Dan at PinWoofer for customer service. I ran into a couple of issues and he had offered to walk me through it over the phone. I ended up figuring it out on my own but he still called me a couple of days later to see how it was going and to make sure I was up and running. Now back to playing...

Got the full system sitting here waiting for my LE in a couple of weeks. Dan was great, upgraded me to expedited shipping and has been checking in to see if i have done the install once a month or so.

Seems to me that he is genuinely interested in his customers and that he really wants them to have good service and great product.

Puts me to shame in my own business (i have great product but could do with service improvement).

#5481 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Why not just get a freestanding Polk sub (found easily on CL for $50)? What am I missing.

Pretty much the whole conversation.

#5483 3 years ago

You've probs read the post by Dan then where he explained about the sound fields and how he tuned the system to complement them etc. There's a post a couple up where he also talks about your soundbar (lucky bastard), but if you just search pinwoofer you'll get the jist.

Blunt is my nature, it's not you.

#5487 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah...I'm just connecting an external sub and rockin' out while playing pinball.

I got ya baby;

sub4 (resized).jpgsub4 (resized).jpg

That one runs Deadpool and Hobbit really well (although Hobbit doesn't need it in my opinion).

Gunners deserves a little better in my opinion. Plus the fact that i have twenty machines down the back that are turned on for occasions and rotate them with the 4 up the front that are on and played every day. Self contained is good in that respect.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hey when you guys play with headphones, how loud is the pin with no sound?

If it's like Hobbit, it's still fucking loud with the mechanical noise. I always wonder when i hear people say they are wearing phones cause people are sleeping or studying.

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Hobbit is a uniquely noisy machine. Everyone that hears it for the first time asks if it is broken.

I'm not talking bout the drops.

Flippers is flippers like pop's are pop's and lips is lips.

#5498 3 years ago

Hello Australia.

giphy (4).gifgiphy (4).gif

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I opted to buy it with my kit. I went with red and gives it a nice finished look inside the cabinet.

Same, although i am yet to get my machine to place it in.

#5553 3 years ago

I don't understand. The price is the price.

Don't want it, don't buy it.

But don't whinge about it.

#5555 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The sad thing is that the industry should be going towards lower prices (relative) not higher. Jacking up the prices for GNR is an admission that JJP doesn’t have a long term growth plan and that they see the current increase in pinball popularity as fleeting.
My prediction: they will terribly over estimate the demand for toy story and price it outrageously high, it won’t sell and they will be back to where they started.

Business consultant much?

Putting up the price probably reflects the difference in cost between the cost of production when they announced the machine to the cost of this hateful covid world.

Do you really think their business model is to screw their customers?

Tell you what, link me to your business and i'l link you to mine.

#5557 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think they have no idea what they are doing and or don’t care about their customers at all... As evidenced by the total lack of communication in the past regarding issues like boning customers who had CE deposits that weren’t honored or playfield issues or taking deposits on games without even acknowledging a time frame to deliver the product.

Seem to have a bit of an idea. Ran a cracker of a business through the bit of a hiccup. I sent em some funds.

Once again, post your business credentials.

TrollTrollTrollPunkin

#5559 3 years ago

Funny. Have a look at my collection.

I'm a Williams/Bally fanboi.

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

try removing the rubber ring from the post that is right there. you could also try adjusting the sensitivity of that pop bumper so it reacts quicker.

So try the two things he said he already tried?

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody can tell you, not even your distributor.
Past that, don’t expect any LE deliveries until late March early April.

Expecting my LE this week or next week.

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yes. Overseas. Your game was built before the CE switch. It’s been in transit for like three weeks?
This guy is in the US and doesn’t have a game in route.

Been in transit for 2 months.
I understand that LE's are not on the line atm, it's just the sweeping statements saying don't expect any LE deliveries before March or April. I have an LE being delivered before then. As do a stack of others here in Australia, and others in New Zealand and Europe.

You guys from North America forget there's another bit of the world here and there.

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

I'll add a new game as soon as I know that it has shipped, as that is the date we use for the new listing. (The production start dates are considered proprietary and are not shared by the "major" manufacturers.) In almost all instances, I have the listing all built out and prepped and ready to add, just waiting on the date as proof of shipment. Most often, it is the manufacturer who tells me what month/year that shipping began for each model. It rests on me to stay on top of asking them, as they do not notify me. In instances where that does not timely happen, usually a user will email us to ask why is the game not shown. By that time it usually means the game had shipped so I'll go looking for evidence that it has. Could be as easy as asking the manufacturer. If not, and if the person who contacts us is an owner of the new game, I'll typically ask as proof a picture showing the game set up in the residence (as opposed to an undated picture found anywhere online of a carton sitting on an unmarked dock). At least that way I can get the year as a date, and may later successfully determine the month that shipping began. (Useless hint: if you see games on the IPDB from, say, the last ten years that show only a year and no month, that likely happened because communication between me and the manufacturer for those games was not optimum. No judgement implied here.) In the last several years, the major manufacturers have been quite responsive in helping me build quality listings. It certainly helps that their own websites feature more information than they used to, years ago.
In the interests of fair disclosure, I will tell you that last month I finally added three games made in 2018 because the not-major manufacturer was not responsive to my repeated requests. And I finally forgot all about them, focused instead on productive work.
Hope this helps, if you return here to read it.

Thanks for the background. Really interesting and you are building the best resource out there.

#5859 3 years ago

Looking forward to it in the next week or so. I've finally stopped full time tampering with my AFMrm since i got Fathom and Hankin Shark sitting next to it up the front. Playing the shit out of them.

We'll see what happens when gunners enters the front four. I expect it will get a flogging.

Looking forward to the next CGC remake, Stern is just not keeping up for me. I know a lot of people buy everything they pop out, but nothing lately has done it for me from them.

I'd buy an Elvira on reputation alone, but the fact that i can't find one tell's me i'm on the right track wanting one. Wasn't paying the $32k i was offered a CE for.

#5862 3 years ago

Just got a text, mine's being delivered tonight.

18908538.gif18908538.gif

#5863 3 years ago

troll1 (resized).jpgtroll1 (resized).jpg

#5871 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why would you want to trade your pirates for an average game , not a great shooter , with a useless upper Playfield , just OK code and annoying sounds
[quoted image]

Fucking gold. You can't get away with nothing on the interwebs.

Wish i could upvote X 1000

Quoted from screaminr:

Have you got your game yet punkin .
Edit - what am I thinking , you're busy playing shit out of it .

It's sitting in the shed here (11pm) after being dropped off by Bill a couple hours ago, I'm waiting for my mate Matt to come tomorrow afternoon. He put a deposit in same day as me (before me he reckons) and didn't get his game in this go, so I'd love to share the unboxing with him.

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpg

Sides' it's comp day tomorrow and practicing would be cheating.

edit; and no way am i reading the big red instructions. promise.

We'llDealWithItThenPunkin

#5906 3 years ago

I cheated and opened the instructions before my mates got here.

gnr4 (resized).jpggnr4 (resized).jpg

Can't wait to unbox this thing.

#5911 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Man, you are going to be in on a GREAT Sunday session !
Enjoy

Thanks, thinking about trying to talk the others into matchpaly on this machine only for Sunday Silverball this week. Don't think they'll go for it though.

Comp days are always fun, but this one's gunna be special. Might even get the good drugs out for this one

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I feel horrible for Michelle, her childhood was straight shit

Who's Michelle?

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Her daddy worked in porno, since mommy wasnt around. She used to love her heroin, but now shes underground

Sounds tough. But it's a hard knock life for us.
Empty belly life
Rotten smelly life
Full of sorrow life
No tomorrow life

africa1 (resized).jpgafrica1 (resized).jpg

#5944 3 years ago

Having problems with my bottom right flipper out of the box. It stopped firing and i adjusted the switch and it worked fine. Then it stopped firing again and i readjusted the switch. Now it drops when the ball hits it.

I'm not much good at the maintenance side so if it's an easy solution you can laugh at me.

Also my LE came with a scratch on the siderail from the hinge rubbing against it. I'll fire an email off to my distributor this morning, but a shame to see the ugly scar.

gnr5 (resized).jpggnr5 (resized).jpg

#5951 3 years ago

What would cause my issue of flipper dropping when it's hit, is that a faulty coil winding on the eos bit or is it just another go at getting the switch adjusted better? can't play it and it's killing me.

#5954 3 years ago

I feel for you mate. Buying a new game and then there is something wrong with it straight out of the box, makes my heart sink.
Every manufacturer has their issues. I am sure you will get looked after. Please let us know how you go.

All good, i expect these things to have an issue after travelling half way round the world. Just would like to know how to fix it.

#5963 3 years ago

Fucked if i know. It works for 1 ball after adjusting then fucks up a different way each time. This time it started only going up halfway every now and then and then started working only every second or third push of the button.

Switch test allows me to operate the switch, but nothing shows on the screen as working or not, just shows the wire colours.

sw2 (resized).jpgsw2 (resized).jpg

sw3 (resized).jpgsw3 (resized).jpg

gnr4 (resized).jpggnr4 (resized).jpg

#5967 3 years ago

Thanks PinMonk worked for two games in a row now, so hopefully that's got it, at least i know now it IS the switch and not something else.

#5969 3 years ago

Paul from pinballsales.com.au just rang and told me he'd sort a new rail for me. Also asked after my flipper issue.

Good service right there.

#5976 3 years ago

Good luck with it all. The best help you get will come from Pinside. Some of the people on here are amazing. I am sure everyting will be fine.

Thanks, as i said earlier @viremonk talked me through the switch adjustment and then my distributor rang me and told me he'd get a new rail for me. I'm back playing (poorly).

#5985 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, as i said earlier @viremonk talked me through the switch adjustment and then my distributor rang me and told me he'd get a new rail for me. I'm back playing (poorly).

Aaaand, it's shit itself again. Got 15 or 20 games out of it this time.

Does anyone know what switches will work in it? Like a Williams switch or something that will control the three right flippers and fit properly?

I'd like to replace the shitty switches that keep bending and going out of whack with some decent ones. I need a part number or something so i can order them here in Australia is all.

#5988 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you try loosening and moving the switch assembly down just a little? Your button post is hitting below the crappy weld, which makes the leaf want to bend back. If you can get the post to hit more on the same area as the well, on the other side, it shouldn't bend backwards anymore.
You could also try screwing a wide pan-head screw on the end of the button post to give it more surface area where it connects the flipper switch. That may work, too.

No mate, i'll have another look at it and pull it all to bits today. My eyes are not very good, plus i know little about these things.

#5990 3 years ago

The other side is different, it only has two bits. this side has 4 or 5 bits. But the gaps and stuff look the same to me each time i adjust it. i can't tell the difference.

I really would like to replace them with better switches that don't bend and have a proper contact pad though. I don't want to be pulling the playfield up 5 times a day.

#5993 3 years ago

So i'm just adjusting the blade wrong and that's making it bend again after a few games? Maybe i'm just the only one to have a switch that has a dodgy blade.

Just because the problem doesn't seem to be common doesn't mean it's not a problem if i can't play my game.

#6000 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

You're not the only one. I'm having the same issue - mine looks like one of the welded "pads" where the the switches make contact has broken off or was not welded properly. My (temporary) solution was to loosen the 2 screws that hold the switch stack and push the blades in opposing directions (they no longer line up with each other L vs R) this allowed the remaining portion of that bad weld to make much better contact with the "good" side. It's working now and I've opened a service ticket with JJP. Mine is on the left side vs yours on the right so I'm dealing with a single stack switch vs a double but issue looks similar. Frustrating I know but it will get sorted - the JJP guys are very customer focused and will take care of you.
[quoted image]

I haven't talked to my distributor or JJP about it yet as i'd rather replace them with decent switches. I only need to know which ones to order that will fit. I mean this is the major moving part, an extra 50 cents won't break them.

might have to start pulling some of my other machines to bits to find out for myself what will substitute.

Thanks, i'll pull it to bits again shortly and see if i can find a way to dodgy it up.

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hey mate, sorry to hear of the frustration,
They appear to be BW type leafs that RTTB would carry. I am heading your way tomorrow for a leisurely 5hr drive, once im settled I'll look you up and be happy to help out as I have a tech background.
Sorry I have no parts with me though they are at my place up north still. Can pick up anything along the way if you like ?
Cheers

No worries mate, i have plenty of Bally/Williams games i can pull a couple out of till i get spares.

Look forward to seeing you. Pretty sure i gave you my number, text will get me answering.

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is the part number in the manual ?
I don't know if this helps but this is what I found on my Hobbit .
[quoted image]

Sorry, no i don't want to replace it with one the same.

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know why everyone went back to leaf style flipper switches instead of the later B/W style opto sensor flipper switches. Seems like 5 steps back.

Do you have a cunning plan for me?

cp1 (resized).jpgcp1 (resized).jpg

#6031 3 years ago

I'd be happy with switches that have proper contact pads instead of 'crappy spot welds'.

#6041 3 years ago

Picture of my favourite new pinball machine.

afm1 (resized).jpgafm1 (resized).jpg

ReallyLikeGunnersTooPunkin

#6042 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, they look different, but they will fit?

Starting to think the button may have something to do with it too.

My hard slap playing style seems to affect it, when i go for a slap (so to speak for the aussies) it seems to make that one the half cocked or fail to flip one. single press works most all the time now, but didn't before.
Still enough to ruin the experience in multiball etc. I'll keep playing with it for the time being.

#6046 3 years ago

My LE is very much the fastest of the 25 games i own. So much so that at the moment at least, it's too much pinball for a man of my low skill level. Struggling to get over 3m.

#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Happy to hear people getting theyre games .Does anyone have any info where they’re at w builds I’m confused hearing a SE n LE being delivered I though they were doing all 500 CEs then moving to LEs.

Look at the locations of the posters. the LE's are in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Really? Your AFM should be much faster I think

Not even close. AFM was designed in 1995. Pinballs have got faster since then.

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The original Attack From Mars is WAY faster than any JJP game and it’s not even close. How on earth is that even debatable? JJP games are fun and “loaded” and all that, but “fast”, they are not.

My Hobbit is not fast, but my GnR the ball comes round the loop faster than i can react to it quite often. Also off the targets at the bottom of the left ramp.

Apologies if you don't agree with my views, but it comes at me faster than i can deal with at the moment.

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Those left ramp targets are brutal no doubt! Straight to the outlanes often! And yes, the time to react to those hits is basically nil.
AFM (original WPC) just has those slingshots that literally throw the ball back and forth, and alien targets that give big airballs, screaming fast orbits, etc.
JJP slings and flippers are way softer in comparison. Sluggish even.

Ok, mines a remake. It's just the ball comes at me so fast that i'm not used to it on the gunners. I'll get a little better, maybe.

#6081 3 years ago

Trying to update code on my machine but can't seem to get the download started

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

clicking on US or EU mirror does not much.

Also the instructions only talk about the usb update, can't find instructions for the wifi updat process?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The wifi update process is accessed via the game menu under Utilities I believe.
FWIW I connected an ethernet cable to my GnR bypassing wifi altogether and my game completed updating in less than 15minutes. AMAZING!!!
YMMV based on your internet throughput speed.

Set it all up then get 'connection failed'. Can't download the update, can't access the wifi option.

#6088 3 years ago

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.

Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?

I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.

Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i got the update onto a stick, but can't find a usb port to put it in. I have checked the support page in JJP's website all it say's is insert your stick.
Are you suppossed to have a tech background just to be able to play a fucking pinball machine? Why can't they make proper instructions with a picture of where to 'insert it'?
I have looked in the backbox where most of the usb slots are in most of my machines. i have also lifted the playfield for about the 30th time on my brand new machine, but can't see a slot there or on the door.
Hoping someone here can do JJP's job for them and show me where the usb port is?

All good, i found it in tiny small print on pg 64 of the manual that i had to download. There is an extension cable behind the coin box for anyone else as bad at pinball tech as i am.

#6093 3 years ago

It just goes straight to 'failed to update'. Used the same stick i use to update other machines, clean wiped and installed.

Why is everything so hard? And why release shit that doesn't work and use us as guinea pigs?

I'm stuck, can't update via wifi and can't update via usb.

#6096 3 years ago

Are you able to get the machine to connect to the internet successfully? Forget the update for a second.

Can't even get it to boot up now. I am so dissapointed in this machine. Wait 6 months to get it and all i do is work on it to get it to play. Now it won't even start, and the flippers are still broken.

This is all the pos shows.

gnr7 (resized).jpggnr7 (resized).jpg

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I’m pretty sure you can download the full disk image off the Jersey Jack website.
Grab a beer, reset, and image that bitch.

I don't even know what that means. I left school at 14, and that was half a century and tens of thousands of beers ago.

I seem to be making it worse by turning it off and on again.

gnr8 (resized).jpggnr8 (resized).jpg

#6102 3 years ago

I believe i did all that LLoyd.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It sounds like the dude needs to back away have a beer or two and tried again later!

How will that fix it?

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you downloaded it from the USA mirror, please try the EU mirror. Maybe you got a bad download.
Try a different USB stick if you can. The game might not like the one you used.

Is this the correct screen being displayed Lloyd for the update to be working?

gnr9 (resized).jpggnr9 (resized).jpg

#6108 3 years ago

OK, thanks, i''ll just wait then.

I have some new B/W switches and buttons coming for the flippers, so hopefully by next week i can get this playing.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I do know that from Scorbit's POV we've seen almost all updates go smoothly. Regardless, we've heard that in the next release they've introduced more fixes around the wifi download. For now, keep your coin door open during a wifi update and that is supposed to help.

Thanks, i can't get the machine to connect to the wifi.

And thanks to JJP who have been nursing me through email as well as here.

#6116 3 years ago

Thanks mate, i can't see any difference between what i have and what you show, but the flippers just don't work every now and then and it makes the machine pretty much unplayable. I have ordered some B/W switches and some lighted buttons to replace the dodgy red ones, so will see where that gets me when they come.

Sick of pulling the glass off all day as the right one bends again and stops working altogether.

#6117 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What version are you on and what are you trying to update to? If it's a delta update, you do it from the system menu.

I don't know, whatever the machine shipped with when they put it on the boat last December. Updating to the latest one, i believe it's a full update not a 'delta' whatever that means.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Thanks mate, much appreciated

I got some stuff for Deadpool from Comet, including lighted buttons and that's what they did Paul (buttons are for me in this instance for those following), tapped into a bulb on the coin door with a little led that had a double adaptor. jumper plug on there. Let me know if you need pics of the coin door on Gunners.

dp15 (resized).jpgdp15 (resized).jpg

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe these pictures will help you adjust the leaf blades in your game ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Another question Lloyd (or anyone else) if i may, is it the outside leaf or the one next to the button that operates the bottom flipper? Just so i know which one to concentrate on.

#6146 3 years ago

Thanks guys.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish you luck I'm sure you'll get it fixed. Then when your done, I want to hear more about these Pallets of beer??? I have heard of people getting cases of beer or even a keg but Never in my life have I met anyone that buys beer by the Pallet!! lol

beer3 (resized).jpgbeer3 (resized).jpg

I save $2 a box ($200) and i only have to go to the bottle shop every 3 months. That's all. I used to brew my own and had a six keg system in my lounge room, so used to having a lot of beer around.
My hobby for years was distilling, my ex drank bourbon like i drank beer, so i had 100's of litres of rum, bourbon, scotch and vodka etc too, but i turned my hobby into my business, ditched the cook and stopped distilling.

www.stilldragon.com.au have a look.

Old pics;

beercubes1 (resized).jpgbeercubes1 (resized).jpg

bar4 (resized).jpgbar4 (resized).jpg

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You live the life very impressed!! What an impressive website of products. Really appreciate the share. Thanks and good luck!!

It's not for everyone mate.

As a high functioning alcoholic (like a high functioning drug addict) a person has to give up a lot of things to concentrate dwindling resources on other things.

Not financially so much as you can brew for next to nothing, but memory, family, friends, sex life, health and time on this planet are all on the negotiating block. It's not so romantic as it looks from outside.

Take food from my mouth
Take my sex
Take my friends take my lovers
Here take this
You'll never know what you do to me
Maybe I'm wrong
Let's take this journey together
Please come please come along

Apologies for the derail, it's a bad habit.

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How many beers do you drink a day?

Average out at just under a 24 pack a day. Only mid strength though.

#6165 3 years ago

Gotta die of something.

I'd rather die from having too much fun than die from being too healthy. Got a text from my neighbour at 3.02am this morning telling me for the sake of friendship to turn the music down
It's all Ando's fault i tell you.

Pinwoofer going in shortly, stand by for todays meltdown.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That sounds like a lot, but if you say it's one beer an hour, doesn't sound so bad.

Or only 3 an hour for 8 hours a day, sounds like a sensible diet.

Cured my diabetes anyway!

#6174 3 years ago

We'll die in silence.

No sound on my pinwoofer install.

Back to tracing my steps. oh well.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Maaattttee...............
Thank you for your incredible hospitality, such a amazing collection, Wow !
Sorry I could not keep my hands off your JJP LE Gunners, Amazing !
This Game IS NEXT LEVEL ! Holy Shit, Blow mE away ! Fuck ! Wow, \m/ \m/ Fuck................. Wow again !!!!!!
Thank you for the being so cool from an unknown visitor, such a Champion, Cheers,
Ando[quoted image][quoted image]

You are welcome anytime mate. Gotta text from the neighbours at 3.02am telling me to turn the fucking music off. Dunno if you were still there then though.

Got to pull my pinsound out this morning before comp and get the sound back working, the amplifier won't power up. Dan's been fantastic and spent his whole Friday night troubleshooting with me instead of being with his family which i appreciate.

He said he'll get it sorted and i know he will, so back to the stock sound while i wait for replacements. May order a kit for my Deadpool as well. it deserves some love.

#6216 3 years ago

My magnet up the top has stopped working too. Lasted less than a week. Don't they play test these machines before release?

That's why i cancelled my Avengers, releasing a title and the fucking subway doesn't work.

Now JJP (who i trust more than Stern) are releasing a game with a simple fault. Guess i'll get onto my distributor.

Again.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

A lot cheaper at , pinball spare parts Australia . [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks mate, Shane at Austral Amusements is sending me some.

And i can get a spare set and cover postage for the price it would have been for one set at Mr Pinball. No wonder he drives a Ferrari

Capture61 (resized).JPGCapture61 (resized).JPG

Capture62 (resized).JPGCapture62 (resized).JPG

#6275 3 years ago

If you follow the Houdini thread you can also see how much work Josh has put into the coding, release after release to improve ball tracking too.
Improve the mech and address the ball tracking too would be the rock and roll solution.

#6276 3 years ago

Love these shooter rods, i'll have to buy another batch as i only have one left now and got a Theatre of Magic last night that needs it.

So much better in the hand than a plastic knob.

gnr6 (resized).jpggnr6 (resized).jpg

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That is cool have you got everthing working ok now?

Flipper is not fucking up the last day or so, i have switches and new buttons coming though.

The lock bar button on mine is really dodgy and rickety and was like that when i got it. Should have ordered three lighted buttons, but may look for something cool. It works ok, but feels like it's going to break.

So usual teething stuff.

I have to wait for the new amp from pinwoofer and can't get the new sub working, but we'll work all that out.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have one of these waiting for my machine to arrive....whenever that may be

I got em in stacks of machines, love em. Sold the stupid, grubby Jackie rod from my AerosmithLE for stupid money (think colour dmd) and put one of those in. It's clean, feels better in the hand than a dirty plastic head and won't bruise my hip when i walk past it.

WinnerWinnerPunkin

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You asked for info I supplied a link with part numbers etc, nobody else did, I don't care where you buy it from.
Don't expect assistance in the future

Sure Wayne. I'll skip that Hot wheels i was looking at too.

#6297 3 years ago

Yes, rubbers. The ones on the slings lasted a couple of days. They are smaller than the ones i got as replacements.

#6305 3 years ago

Sorry mate, no. I ordered a kit from Babak at Pinball Haus and it didn't come with a size list. Rubbers are in the machine, i can take one out and measure if someone else can't answer for you. Pretty sure i saw the sizes earlier in the thread somewhere too if you are a good searcher.

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Thats fine, if you are going to rub pricing in my face when all i am doing is trying to help, you have never bought anything in the past so I wouldn't expect anything different,
And its a HSV VF GTS a 2019 Mustang a Aston Martin and a New C8 Corvette Not a Ferrari I own
PS 15 others have ordered the same parts for their game regardless of price

I do appreciate the help Wayne. I had already ordered them when you gave me the part number because someone got in before you is all. But i appreciate you doing it. And i would not have mentioned the price difference except it was in reply to someone else. Although i think you should be aware that your pricing is more than double your competitions, that's just good business practice. My Ferrari comment was a tongue in cheek jab, not a rub in your face. I apologise if you've taken offence at either my jest or my confusion about what model cars you own. I'm not a car guy.

I have bought lots of things in the past, just happens that they haven't been things from you although i almost got my Attack From Mars from you. And like i said, i was considering Hot Wheels and had a passing interest in Oktoberfest before that.

#6340 3 years ago

I used the USA one, they will just have different d/l speeds, the content is the same i assume.

#6348 3 years ago

What is the dirrerence?
Thanks in advance!

They are hosted on different servers. One or the other may be closer to you or faster depending where you are.

#6389 3 years ago

kit (resized).jpgkit (resized).jpg

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

thanks, how about the cable to the board?

If you explain what you mean i'll see if i can help.

#6394 3 years ago

Yes, to plug at the top, white, yellow, black and red wires.

kit1 (resized).jpgkit1 (resized).jpg

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean it’s pretty clear when the scoop turns a blinding blue

Not if you are like me and only have attention for the 3" space around the flippers during multiballs.

Not everyone is a good pinball player mate.

#6450 3 years ago

At least now i know to lift my gaze and look for it. I might get past 2 million.

#6504 3 years ago

Reckon it'd only be a financial decision, can't see anyone saying they found a better machine to play.

#6522 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I searched for this answer but didn't find it anywhere:
-- Are there going to be changes to the rules in a future update?
-- Or a way to decrease multiballs in the settings?
Something like this?

Perhaps email JJP and ask them? I don't think that anyone on pinside (besides the designer) speaks for JJP.

#6523 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

SE’s going out in the states rn with serials in the 200’s. SE’s might be the real LE/CE’s depending on what the finally tally is

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#6526 3 years ago

I have twenty five machines here, some for 2 years now.
GnR has been here less than a month and it holds the glass off record already.

Well done JJP.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Any buyers with buyers remorse or is this game the goat/bees knees/super fun as everyone seems to be experiencing?
Any of you dislike GNR before the purchase but now find yourself a fan? (My wife is not a fan... but I understand this pin can have a positive affect on people...)

I actively dislike all the soft metal bands or whatever label this genre has, GnR being a particular dislike.

I don't need the themes to resonate with me though as i enjoy pinball for it's own sake. Have a TWD and think zombies, the TV show and people's fascination with the concept are stupid.

Love my Aerosmith, never listened to that band either.

The machine is a brilliant pinball machine, and if you like the reality of pinball better than the concept, you'll love the machine.

#6659 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Pic's or it didn't happen....

He can't.

He mistyped and forgot the word 'neighbours' before the word wife.

#6699 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am seriously contemplating purchasing this pin. For those that have had it long enough to figure out the rules, is it still hard to figure out what to shoot for? As it has been brought up many times, with all the lights it seems like it’s difficult to know what to aim at.
Is there more to this pin than just flailing around in multi ball? It’s hard to find good YouTube videos because of the music copyright garbage

Yes, we all just flail around, or as i like to call it, hit and hope.

The lights change colour and flash like other pinballs, but we tend to ignore that. Also the callouts, you know, hit the ramps etc. We ignore that too because we are just listening to the music.

It's not the right pinball for you if you like to aim at stuff.

#6704 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I respectfully disagree. At first, yes...spray and pray.
With time, it becomes more strategic - you find places to stash balls so you can make your shots.
Loading up the guitar neck is the best way, as you can also get a power chord.

Apologies, should have labelled it as sarcasm.

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to lower the shaker intensity? I feel like the shaker is so strong its going to losen some screws

You'd hate Alice Cooper then.

#6863 3 years ago

Guess i've wasted hundreds of dollars on a touch screen kiosk for my players then.

kiosk1 (resized).jpgkiosk1 (resized).jpg

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just wish they made a pinball I wanted.

Still making Deadpool's.

#6913 3 years ago

You must look for something different in a pinball machine than me. Was pretty happy when that was my only machine. Would still be happy if it was my only machine again, although i'd choose my old Hankin Orbit 1 given my druthers and a choice of only one.

#6916 3 years ago

What's the gunshot during song? Haven't had a chance to look up, but is it just mystery?

#6928 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m more old school. Bally/Williams and now JJP. I may get a American Pinball or Spooky to throw in the mix one day

There's no question you've owned enough machines to know what you like.

Have a look at my collection, 2 spookies, 2 JJP, 2 gottliebs, 3 sterns, 2 hankins, 1 x AP. The rest are all Bally/Williams (the best machines made) and i don't know how long one of the Gottliebs will be staying.

I don't think we are that far apart at all, cept for DP.

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah and I’m looking to own one so it’s the proper venue.
Lots of trolls over here so I should have known better.

Nah, we gotta good thing going on over here, trolls don't last long. Best not to fuck it up.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You'd think.. but that left ramp is dangerous. It's so close to the flippers that hitting the standup target directly to the right of the entrance results in a STDM drain a LOT.

That's funny. That's what i was trying to say earlier when i got my machine that it was too fast for me (it still is) and nicoy3k tried to tell me that the AFM next to it was faster to play.

But the reaction time from those targets 4" closer is better than my 50+ year old eyes and hands.

Funny bit was that he apologized for the comment and said he didn't understand what i meant till he got more used to the machine.

KidsEhPunkin

#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't have a digital meat level so where on the bubble should the pitch be for around 6.8°. I have a party starting in 2 hours and I want to make sure it's just right thank you guys very much

If you really want your meat to be level you can use a phone ap to do it. Better than relying on the bubble.

I use one called clinometer, be sure to take the cover off, then place it on the playfield in a few spots to get a bit of an average. It gives angle and tilt from side to side which is more important again.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plaincode.clinometer&hl=en

#7029 3 years ago

Wonder if i offer my LE up for sale if it will be the first one sold second hand?

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

It won't. There have been others before you who sold theirs.

The rules are too complicated for my tiny brain. It's a great machine but i can't see myself ever figuring all the patch shit out and the rest is just as complicated. Been playing the machines around it a lot more than GnR.

I like a simple ruleset with some variation in what you can go for, so as far as new machines go, think deadpool and AFM.

#7034 3 years ago

Most of my issue is that i am not a good enough player to look away from the flippers. On the simpler machines (AFM in the examples) i know the only thing i have to look up for is the top inlanes. i can do that, but not really during multi's.

The other shots are muscle memory (ramps and orbits) and queued by the callouts, with an occasional glance at the big orange lights just above the flippers for getting to annihilation. I never look at the backglass while playing and i've never once looked at the small screen on either my Hobbit or GnR.

Even the switching on the out/inlanes on walking Dead gets too complicated for me and i don't bother for the ball save.

I didn't even know there was a target under slash's hat till you told me.

Started destroying my brain at an early age and haven't slowed down a bit. But honestly thanks for the explanations, i'll learn something from it for sure, even if it's only where the multi balls are coming from.

#7037 3 years ago

I vote fire and redolent odour of fanboy/troll or whatever you call someone who doesn't agree with you.

That would be a stream i would watch.

#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Give it time. Not sure why you keep comparing it to AFM, you have 24 games in your collection, more than half of them are way more complicated than GNR. Like most games, it takes time to learn the shots, rules, and overall concept.

I guess because AFM is next to it. I also know all the major rules to it, i think.
I have a few games, but only 4 are up the front and on other than comp day (today YEAH!) or when i have a few people here.

More than half? Jeez. Hobbit is has a complex ruleset, but you can enjoy the game just hitting the shots without learning about getting modes alongside others etc.

Alice is a bit complex, but i don't play it much cause it's usually broken.

Houdini is a complicated rule set, but i know how to start most of the multi's and just enjoy hitting and hoping for the rest of it, dunno what else i have that's as complex as GnR.

Don't get me wrong, i am not complaining, just not sure the machine is suited to getting the most out of it my limited skill set.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you enjoy playing the game does it matter?

Well that's the thing, i'm not getting as much as i can out of it. It's only been here a month or so, but it fell out of favourite spot much quicker than most of the games i get. Because it's frustrating me i guess. Can't even break 4 mill.

I'm sure i'll get used to it eventually and she's a pretty bitch, no question.

#7046 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

You need to separate those 2 mate [quoted image]

Case in point, see where his attention is?

#7227 3 years ago

So to illustrate the point that nobody outside the factory knows, your 'safe to say' has pretty much doubled in an hour.

Quoted from PinMonk:

They're averaging just under 50 a week, and the CEs are still under 300 shipped, so probably safe to say the sum total made of SE, LE, CEs so far is less than 500.

Quoted from PinMonk:

So with the last CE posted of 280 5 days ago, that plus yours is 564, and that's without LEs. So maybe they are at around 900 total.

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just got my invoice for my LE. Yay. Should have within 2 weeks. Lets hope she comes in one piece.

Congrats, you'll love it!

Speculators said that they would produce all the CE's together. Said speculators say there are ~300 odd CE's made and they know JJP only produces 50 machines a week (somehow). If you follow that then 2 weeks would mean they only make ~400 CE's. Also means that they have found an instant shipping method or that if it takes a week to get delivered then only ~350 CE's made.

SpeculationNotMuchUsePunkin

#7245 3 years ago

How did you work that out?
Victor has been counting the games through serial number for months. I know who I am going to believe and it is not you!

I worked out what PinMonk said by reading his posts. You should try it. I quoted both posts in the post you quoted of mine, so you should manage.

As far as believing me, there's no need as i haven't said anything about the numbers as i'm not an exec at JJP so wouldn't a fucking clue. I have only quoted different claims here from other people and extrapolated them.

Stick up for your mate's claims by all means, but don't attribute any claims to me as i haven't made any.

And by the way, i think PinMonk seems like a great bloke and i have a great deal of respect for most of what he types.

#7257 3 years ago

Ha ha... you make me laugh. I did not mean any offence.
We have bets on when people are going to get their games in OZ. I think the next container to Australia will not leave until late April or early May. We are number 350's (I cannot remember exactly) in Australia for a LE so I think we are not going to get our game until the end of 2022. The only way I think we are getting it earlier is if people bail out.
The reason JJP do not want their manufacturing schedule public is because people will bail out of their orders if they realize how long they have to wait for their machine. Does not bother us how long it takes to get here.

I'm not in the least offended. I've got my LE. Send me a PM, you can come play it if i still have it when you get here.

I was only pointing out that i hadn't said anything about what JJP was doing so no-one has any need to believe me.

The post you quoted was one i made an observation about someone saying they were up on things and less than 500 made. An hour later the same person revised that figure by adding 100%.

Same with when the next container leaves, only JJP knows. I don't think they tell Paul or any of their other distributors bugger all.

Same again with you saying they won't release numbers or dates as if you are speaking from knowledge. You don't know why JJP (and for that matter every single other pinball manufacturer) does this, but you are saying 'The reason is". You don't know the reason, you are guessing. I have another theory about why and i think it relates to their competition. I'm not saying it as if i know though, i don't.

LaughAwayPunkin

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How would Wayne know when Mr Pinball isn't the JJP distributor? I did order on day 1 and agree with potentially 30 arriving at a time we are in for a long wait. I think I'll buy another machine to play for a while and then sell it to pay for this (probably for a profit too lol)

I believe i read somewhere Wayne saying they were mates and talked to each other everyday.

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Hi everyone. I've had my GNR LE now for about a month and today I achieved 35M + as a score. I'm running V1.14. My question is, what is the average score on this pin. is 35M low?, high. or average? I'm starting to understand the rules better, so I'm just curious.

You are ten times as good as me and 1/3rd as good as the couple of podcasts i've seen.

#7427 3 years ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

New to pinball purchasing. Curious what the normal timeframe for purchasing a new machine such as GNR from JJP would be from the factory/dealer? Is it usually within the first year of availability only? Or do they do additional builds? Thanks.

Depends on the title, the IP and the popularity. I've read sometimes the licensing agreement runs out.
Stern is rerunning Deadpool atm, 2 years or more since the release.

#7511 3 years ago

Must of missed nearly all those pics and i read every post in the thread.

#7527 3 years ago

May be leaving the club. I think mine is the 1st listed used in Australia, has a premium on it because i'm happy to keep it.

Such a beautiful machine but just to hard for me to the stage that it's not fun.

Hopefully i'll get one again one day (or get to keep mine).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gunsnrosespinball/permalink/350991079664497/

#7531 3 years ago

Haha CE As if.

It's an LE #264 .

Has a set of uninstalled black mirrors from KJS and a lighted button from him that doesn't work. Has lighted flipper buttons (and stock ones) and has a super duper kit from Dan at Pinwoofer that only has the harness in it atm.

$24.5Kau delivered by Bill east coast of Australia. 349 lightly used games. Top score is under 4M.

Email to [email protected] first email (besides the one i already have from LLoyds auctions ) ) get's it.

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You should put it on Gumtree to maximize your chances , but at 24.5 I think you'll be staying in the club , if not , you're laughing .
I had Bill / Trent pick up my Hobbit the other weekend , they do a great job .

Don't want to sell it that much. If i don't sell it now for that sort of 4k premium, i'll never sell it as i do like it and wouldn't sell at a loss or to break even. It'll just get moved down the back with the other machines before it's time. AFM has been up the front since i got it last December, longest yet.

I'll leave it up for sale for a day or two and then withdraw it and still be happy.

#7577 3 years ago

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpg

Cost all my tilt warnings, but it shook loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
605 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.