Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 384 of 560.
#19151 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yeah...risky.
Ive got a friend that has mirrors in his but ive heard others are too tight.
Sux

Weird. I've got mirror blades in mine and my dad has them too on his and there seems to still be a little wiggle room. I don't even use side protectors when lifting the playfield. Maybe depends on which company you get them from? I got ours from cointaker for what it's worth.

#19152 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You need to remove the wireform and bend down the 2 middle fingers. It's sitting too high, as was mine. No issues since 2nd day now, 400 + plays. Set it on a flat surface to confirm , but pretty sure this is the cause.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Try loosening the stars that direct the ball and see if that's enough to not rob the ball of the momentum to get over that little hump.

Thanks guys! I ended up removing the wireform and basically straightened out the top (bent the tines up slightly) of it to reduce the bend. It works perfectly now with no ball trap.

#19153 2 years ago

I have seen these and like them. Have not bit the bullet yet tho.

See what I did there

#19154 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

My best Christmas

Awesome apron! Love that things are coming off the surface. Something like this belt buckle could add to the party? (I've got this one and love it):
ebay.com link: itm
I'll definitely start fiddling with guitar picks and other things on the apron

I was actually going to order one of these and see what I could do.

#19155 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I have seen these and like them. Have not bit the bullet yet tho.
See what I did there

I put on 3 and really like the look

#19156 2 years ago

I put in mirror bladed and it's tight but they fit. Shrug.

#19157 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I put in mirror bladed and it's tight but they fit. Shrug.

it_fit (resized).jpegit_fit (resized).jpeg
#19158 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Something like this belt buckle could add to the party? (I've got this one and love it):
ebay.com link: itm

Something like this

IMG20211123210526 (resized).jpgIMG20211123210526 (resized).jpg
#19159 2 years ago

DE1411AE-8EF5-4776-9951-CB09382F67D4 (resized).jpegDE1411AE-8EF5-4776-9951-CB09382F67D4 (resized).jpeg

Yup exactly. Here is same on a CE. I got some picks on order to scatter in the apron (great idea!)

#19160 2 years ago

Hello
Here is an interesting post on French FB
A cooling fan for the magnet Coil to prevent heating issues.
If you bypassed the thermal fuse it will protect the magnet coil from overheat and causing short or it will protect your original coil.
You can contact and order

https://www.facebook.com/100009660793373/posts/1703904953274848/?d=n

29479DAA-D80F-483C-9DF3-CD72C74A3AE5 (resized).jpeg29479DAA-D80F-483C-9DF3-CD72C74A3AE5 (resized).jpeg

#19161 2 years ago

So the last week I have been patch collecting and neglecting power chords, got up to 8 patches, I just love how that upper playfield can increase your scores in so many ways.

#19162 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

[quoted image]
Yup exactly. Here is same on a CE. I got some picks on order to scatter in the apron (great idea!)

If I had a CE I would go with the black one .
I used magnets for mine , I didn't want to do anything you couldn't reverse .

IMG_20220110_221923 (resized).jpgIMG_20220110_221923 (resized).jpg
#19163 2 years ago
84E4C700-DF91-48C0-8EE6-63FF7CED6E41 (resized).jpeg84E4C700-DF91-48C0-8EE6-63FF7CED6E41 (resized).jpeg
#19164 2 years ago

Didn't top my recent 205,447,239 high score, but just got a 183,274,861 score last night. Figured I'd share a small outline in case people are trying to get bigger points.

Started on ball 1 with "It's So Easy" because I didn't have much luck with boosters going in but had Gun, Fender, Vader and Duff patches so that's usually a good song to start with if you need to get a bit of points with little going into a song. Song level was around 90 I think. Hit applause jackpot of around 35,000,000. Encore was "Welcome to the Jungle" with a song level around 135 I think, where I cleared 75,000,000 on the applause jackpot.

I disabled album mode and continued working on patches and locking balls. Collected Fender and then Marshall to award extra ball. Collected that, was sitting around 3-4 balls left in the game. But, Slash solo happened so I lost a ball.

Next song was November Rain. Being as long as it is, and that I was down to 1 ball in play about 3 minutes in, I cashed out at around 10,000,000 because it was awarding an extra ball. So I'm around 118,000,000.

Went for more boosters, ball locks and patches. Lost another ball, was down to my final one.

Ended up getting the Rose patch to go with Gun to increase Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle scoring. I figured I'd go for Paradise City if I had a chance at one more song since I know that one usually nets a lot of points and I wanted to beat my high score. Didn't do as good as I should have but still ended up with the 183,274,861.

I also had the poster, the game logo, the t-shirt, Melissa's candy, and a few other patches I'm likely forgetting. Will try to take better notes or just do some video sometime.

#19165 2 years ago

***SOLD***

Going through some of my extra stash box and found another 3.5" mini Slash that I used on the back stage area to place him.

If anyone is interested in him just looking to get back what I had paid, 65.00 shipped in the US. If your interested please shoot me a PM.

See below photos of the actual item and my machine where I had placed him. The package which isn't all that great from shelf wear etc... as these were out some time ago and hard to find now.

I do accept PP as FF.

Thanks
IMG_3049 (resized).JPGIMG_3049 (resized).JPGIMG_3051 (resized).JPGIMG_3051 (resized).JPGadfc41bdfd012e48436471b4da1891e522ed7a5c (resized).jpgadfc41bdfd012e48436471b4da1891e522ed7a5c (resized).jpg

#19166 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Going through some of my extra stash box and found another 3.5" mini Slash that I used on the back stage area to place him.
If anyone is interested in him just looking to get back what I had paid, 65.00 shipped in the US. If your interested please shoot me a PM.
See below photos of the actual item and my machine where I had placed him. The package which isn't all that great from shelf wear etc... as these were out some time ago and hard to find now.
I do accept PP as FF.
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Doesnt he block the pf screen?

#19167 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Doesnt he block the pf screen?

Actually no not at all, If fact with the video on behind it's almost as if he is imitating Slash as he does in concerts when he jumps up in front of the screens.

#19168 2 years ago

Actually no not at all, If fact with the video on behind it's almost as if he is imitating Slash as he does in concerts when he jumps up in front of the screens.

This little guy is awesome! I've been a bit challenged to keep mine from falling over (trying different tapes), but it fits perfectly back there

#19169 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This little guy is awesome! I've been a bit challenged to keep mine from falling over (trying different tapes), but it fits perfectly back there

Clear mylar on the plastic then hot glue his feet to the mylar. You can even use a dab a crazy glue on his feet to the mylar just be sure the glue don't exceed past the mylar.

#19170 2 years ago

GNR is totally awesome. Out of all the music pins, it has to be the GOAT.. Hands down.. I do like Aerosmith and Metallica. Good pins for sure. But GNR is in another league..

#19171 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

You can try some museum putty

#19172 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Didn't top my recent 205,447,239 high score, but just got a 183,274,861 score last night. Figured I'd share a small outline in case people are trying to get bigger points.
Started on ball 1 with "It's So Easy" because I didn't have much luck with boosters going in but had Gun, Fender, Vader and Duff patches so that's usually a good song to start with if you need to get a bit of points with little going into a song. Song level was around 90 I think. Hit applause jackpot of around 35,000,000. Encore was "Welcome to the Jungle" with a song level around 135 I think, where I cleared 75,000,000 on the applause jackpot.
I disabled album mode and continued working on patches and locking balls. Collected Fender and then Marshall to award extra ball. Collected that, was sitting around 3-4 balls left in the game. But, Slash solo happened so I lost a ball.
Next song was November Rain. Being as long as it is, and that I was down to 1 ball in play about 3 minutes in, I cashed out at around 10,000,000 because it was awarding an extra ball. So I'm around 118,000,000.
Went for more boosters, ball locks and patches. Lost another ball, was down to my final one.
Ended up getting the Rose patch to go with Gun to increase Paradise City and Welcome to the Jungle scoring. I figured I'd go for Paradise City if I had a chance at one more song since I know that one usually nets a lot of points and I wanted to beat my high score. Didn't do as good as I should have but still ended up with the 183,274,861.
I also had the poster, the game logo, the t-shirt, Melissa's candy, and a few other patches I'm likely forgetting. Will try to take better notes or just do some video sometime.

Sorry, I don't see it in the rulesheet wiki, but how do you disable album modes? Its a shame to do it, since they are coded well and bring variety to the game, but with them being so low scoring its not worth playing...

#19173 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

You can try some museum putty

I don't like museum putty in pins. The ambient heat that builds up can make them into a creeping blob that can move and drip over edges, and then cleanup becomes a sticky mess. Use 3M extreme tape and be done with it.

#19174 2 years ago

Or leave the dolls in the dolls house and play pinball.

#19175 2 years ago

Thanks to all those posting about gameplay strategy and how they got huge points. Thanks to SKB for the song shot run down. All great info and appreciate the time to list it out for us. Nice to have the “GNR Cliff Notes”. Keep it coming!

Also JJP does have a full spotlight service bulletin for replacement of links and servos which I found helpful when I replaced all 4 of mine with the upgraded EMAX version. I needed to wrap the “gear” with plumbers tape as it was just a hair smaller than the originals but seems to be working fine now.

#19176 2 years ago

Gunners,
I have a problem with the communication (error) to the CAB board. Turning it on/off like weeks ago does not help.
Is it the transparent box on the front left? LE Cabinet Controller Board on page 81 of the manual where a LED flashes, the correct place?
I have checked all cables there. There is also USB mini cable (probably data), where does that go? Where can I check the end (probably backbox) of the data cable?
Thanks

CAB Error (resized).JPGCAB Error (resized).JPG
#19177 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Here's where I put my slash dollie on the backstage platform but turned and off to the side.
I used two small pieces of alien tape the size of his Chuck's under each foot and it stays on perfect.

Alien tape is cool stuff. Removable.

ALIENTAPE Nano Double Sided Tape, Multipurpose Removable Adhesive Transparent Grip Mounting Tape Washable Strong Sticky Heavy Duty for Carpet Photo Frame Poster Décor As Seen On TV https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B083C5WXWV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_CGVSHE3FYC34BF6ZNHF3
Screenshot_20220110-160745_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220110-160745_Gallery (resized).jpg

#19178 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Gunners,
I have a problem with the communication (error) to the CAB board. Turning it on/off like weeks ago does not help.
Is it the transparent box on the front left? LE Cabinet Controller Board on page 81 of the manual where a LED flashes, the correct place?
I have checked all cables there. There is also USB mini cable (probably data), where does that go? Where can I check the end (probably backbox) of the data cable?
Thanks[quoted image]

Yeah, you want to open the backbox, pull out the monitor and check all the USB cables on the bottom side of the computer box. Reseat them. If the problem persists, try changing out the USB cable that goes to that comm board.

#19179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

So at this point you just carefully back up?

#19180 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, you want to open the backbox, pull out the monitor and check all the USB cables on the bottom side of the computer box. Reseat them. If the problem persists, try changing out the USB cable that goes to that comm board.

thanks my fiend

#19182 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sorry, I don't see it in the rulesheet wiki, but how do you disable album modes? Its a shame to do it, since they are coded well and bring variety to the game, but with them being so low scoring its not worth playing...

Long press of the lockbar button

#19183 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't like museum putty in pins. The ambient heat that builds up can make them into a creeping blob that can move and drip over edges, and then cleanup becomes a sticky mess. Use 3M extreme tape and be done with it.

That’s good to know thanks

#19184 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Here's where I put my slash dollie

"It's not a doll, it's an action figure!"

Clear mylar on the plastic then hot glue his feet to the mylar. You can even use a dab a crazy glue on his feet to the mylar just be sure the glue don't exceed past the mylar.

I like this Mylar/hotglue idea. The contact area is mighty small on toys like this. Great idea to expand that to the plastic size.

I'll give both ways a go, thanks guys

#19185 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

"It's not a doll, it's an action figure!"

I like this Mylar/hotglue idea. The contact area is mighty small on toys like this. Great idea to expand that to the plastic size.
I'll give both ways a go, thanks guys

Dollie was an ode to punkin (thx for the upvote BTW ) because he likes em

I hate to nag but Mylar and hot glue?? Really? That so old school, messy and not as easy to remove.... and way way more trouble than trimming tennis shoe size rectangles of that alien type double sided nano tape. You can redo slash 5 times if you want... No fuss.
You'll find lots of uses for it. Trust me!
Order it.
EZlifego Double Sided Tape Heavy Duty (9.85FT), Multipurpose Removable Mounting Tape Adhesive Grip,Reusable Strong Sticky Wall Tape Strips Transparent Tape Poster Carpet Tape for Paste Items,Household https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VNSXY31/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_0AMV32TBV1K97MQ931HK

Here's a closer up view. You can see the rectangle of tape that looks like clear jello under his right shoe... The left looks the same. Just cut to size and put it in the bottom of each shoe and stick him in place. Done.

Screenshot_20220110-183250_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220110-183250_Chrome (resized).jpg

#19186 2 years ago

Put the Cricut Maker 3 to work yesterday. Happy with the results.

IMG_1451 (resized).jpegIMG_1451 (resized).jpegIMG_1452 (resized).jpegIMG_1452 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpegIMG_1454 (resized).jpeg
#19187 2 years ago

Did you know Frank Ferrer uses Sabian, not Zildjian?

#19188 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GNR is totally awesome. Out of all the music pins, it has to be the GOAT.. Hands down.. I do like Aerosmith and Metallica. Good pins for sure. But GNR is in another league..

I can agree it's the most Gorgeous-Of-All-Time, but not my Greatest-Of-All-Time. Played a lot of Metallica and ACDC today...after all these years, still find the rules and scoring more player friendly than GNR. Hoping GNR will grow on me (or that the rules/scoring evolve, but at the moment, it's hard to imagine it having the staying power of my other music pins. And yes, I've watched the tutorials and read the rules. Still not clicking with me. Different strokes, maybe...still giving it another couple months.

#19189 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

That’s good to know thanks

Firsthand experience. Let me suffer so you don't have to.

#19190 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you know Frank Ferrer uses Sabian, not Zildjian?

But I like the Zildjian logo better. LMAO.

#19191 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I can agree it's the most Gorgeous-Of-All-Time, but not my Greatest-Of-All-Time. Played a lot of Metallica and ACDC today...after all these years, still find the rules and scoring more player friendly than GNR. Hoping GNR will grow on me (or that the rules/scoring evolve, but at the moment, it's hard to imagine it having the staying power of my other music pins. And yes, I've watched the tutorials and read the rules. Still not clicking with me. Different strokes, maybe...still giving it another couple months.

Not sure what is "player friendly" ?
I would assume you mean "easier"
I know GnR isn't being "mean" to you unless in the metaphorical sense it's kicking your ass. If that's the case then I get it...need no further explanation.

#19192 2 years ago

So gold isn’t my favorite color, and the fact that North Carolina has a lottery isn’t the most exciting aspect of the state (but really, what is?), and there are way cooler show posters than this one, but I got my late Christmas gift today. It’s the show poster from the Raleigh show we attended (where GNR played 3 hours 25 minutes), framed beautifully, with our tickets inset at the bottom. Thanks, woman! Nice little game room decor. She says you can actually scratch off the scratch off parts but I’m not gonna!
5A1D23E1-7B16-4D73-8221-25DDC7C3E239 (resized).jpeg5A1D23E1-7B16-4D73-8221-25DDC7C3E239 (resized).jpegC3934692-FBCD-4A52-87D1-8922322D8786 (resized).jpegC3934692-FBCD-4A52-87D1-8922322D8786 (resized).jpeg

#19193 2 years ago

BBQ?

#19194 2 years ago

Abso friggin’ lutely. Could have worked in some pig skulls right?

#19195 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

So gold isn’t my favorite color, and the fact that North Carolina has a lottery isn’t the most exciting aspect of the state (but really, what is?), and there are way cooler show posters than this one, but I got my late Christmas gift today. It’s the show poster from the Raleigh show we attended (where GNR played 3 hours 25 minutes), framed beautifully, with our tickets inset at the bottom. Thanks, woman! Nice little game room decor. She says you can actually scratch off the scratch off parts but I’m not gonna!
[quoted image][quoted image]

please scratch that ticket Deejay …

Of course looks very nice indeed, but what about if you have a couple of Millions up there … my good friend

#19196 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Now THAT'S love !

#19197 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Abso friggin’ lutely. Could have worked in some pig skulls right?

Who says you can't learn nuthin' watching cooking shows?

#19198 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I don't like museum putty in pins. The ambient heat that builds up can make them into a creeping blob that can move and drip over edges, and then cleanup becomes a sticky mess. Use 3M extreme tape and be done with it.

These dual lock ones are my 2021 best essential accessory of the year. For just about anything including (but not limited to pop bumper hack, add on’s, shooter lane sdtm, topper add on’s you name it. Easily removable, easy to reposition object, and strong. Damn strong
0C022BE5-772D-4423-9AE4-17E60421E8A6 (resized).jpeg0C022BE5-772D-4423-9AE4-17E60421E8A6 (resized).jpeg

#19199 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

please scratch that ticket Deejay …
Of course looks very nice indeed, but what about if you have a couple of Millions up there … my good friend

Thank goodness it’s under glass… there’s a pinball metaphor there somewhere, BFF

#19200 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:Thank you
That would make sense... The magnet used to grab the ball inches away and really lock into it... Now it's very lazy and a light lock and release...If that coil is warming up steadily, it would make sense that there is some coil fading going on..
Pinmonk fans to the rescue!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/100009660793373/posts/1703904953274848/?d=n
2A210825-5F6B-47E6-B5D9-B02B910FB140 (resized).jpeg2A210825-5F6B-47E6-B5D9-B02B910FB140 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 384 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/384 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.