Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 560.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That’s great! Who confirmed?

It was asked by a viewer during the Buffalo stream. And the programmer (keefer?) said, as long as the device was capable of receiving BT audio, the pin should be able to broadcast to it, and the pin volume would also affect the speaker levels. If I heard everything correctly.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

that looks awesome. But my first thought was Man those pins are close together!! I never want my hand to touch someone elses playing the game next to me hehe. Im also a big guy and need room to get between games for cleaning and everything....

I like to get creative fitting 45 games into a space for 40 lol. Never had any hands touching so no worries.

Had a GREAT night on GnR hosting a mini gathering for the Chicago pinball area and ALL Loved GnR especially Eric who was kind enough to pop over to show us how to play this amazing game. Honestly once you understand the rules and How to use the MB's to your advantage the scores and Fun just build. We all learned a LOT from Eric's guidance on how to light this game up and had a Great (safe) time. GnR is a winner no matter what model you go for honestly. First game oddly I can say I actually enjoy watching someone else play while I wait my turn as there is SO much going on and every mode is a new rock themed light show. Great fun love it.

#403 3 years ago

2 Questions
1. Why so many (just kidding, I say bring them on!)

1. For real this time. Where is the magnet on the playfield and how is it used?
2. Aside from the logo are there guns in the artwork? I am stoked to see the art and the pin is focused on the band, instruments and music.

I'm in.

#404 3 years ago

Stupe Dupe

#405 3 years ago

Poop. I keep watching footage, and feeling so conflicted.

I wish this was a widebody. I wish there was a flipper higher up, to get more shots in the upper half of the game. I wish the upper playfield felt like it had more meaning.

So weird that this feels the exact opposite of Rick and Morty. Like I can visually interpret shots so immediately on that game, but this feels like a visual jumble and sensory overload. Which is amazing in some ways, but intensity feels like it's a tradeoff for having pausing elements, where drama occurs. This feels like bullets racing through the air, nonstop.

Definitely so vastly different than POTC in tone and pace, and I applaud Eric very much for that. Just wish I felt sucked into the shots more, as the exterior of the game is so, so spot on. Things feel more incidental, that intentional.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Bluetooth to external sound bar CONFIRMED!! There's your topper

CE topper bar I expect to be hardwired to sound board, in saying that there should be nothing stopping LE, SE, owners connecting a sound bar via BT . Also nothing stopping all model owners connecting a sub via BT. Or if you want to go wild connect you BT enabled home sound system and get the neighbours worked up

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

2 Questions
1. Why so many (just kidding, I say bring them on!)
1. For real this time. Where is the magnet on the playfield and how is it used?
2. Aside from the logo are there guns in the artwork? I am stoked to see the art and the pin is focused on the band, instruments and music.
I'm in.

Magnet is located above the center roll over lane top of Playfield. (Axel).

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Poop. I keep watching footage, and feeling so conflicted.
I wish this was a widebody. I wish there was a flipper higher up, to get more shots in the upper half of the game. I wish the upper playfield felt like it had more meaning.

? There is an upper flipper on the center right that directly feeds a loop to feed the upper Playfield. Works perfectly

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

? There is an upper flipper on the center right that directly feeds a loop to feed the upper Playfield. Works perfectly

Yeah, I see Kevin hitting that. Not sure if I did Tuesday. I think I played maybe just 3/4 games.

Any idea what the pitch is for this game? Did you lower the back legs all the way?

Oh, and side note. Really nice to see the mantis? style protector! Or is that a Cliffy style in the scoop?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh?

#411 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to successfully pair Apple AirPods Pro to this machine?

What is the trick? I know how to get into the Bluetooth menu and scan and make the AirPods discoverable.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Really nice to see the mantis? style protector! Or is that a Cliffy style in the scoop?

It’s like a hybrid of both.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#413 3 years ago

More than 40 pinball machines have been in my basement and this is then first one my kids have been impressed with. That says something. I guess?

#414 3 years ago

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the GNR Manual is now available for download. Might as well read before my game arrives.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Oct2020.pdf

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone been able to successfully pair Apple AirPods Pro to this machine?
What is the trick? I know how to get into the Bluetooth menu and scan and make the AirPods discoverable.

Keith Johnson mentioned the Apple BT last night,I think he said they were aware of and working on game recognizing Apple

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I like to get creative fitting 45 games into a space for 40 lol. Never had any hands touching so no worries.
Had a GREAT night on GnR hosting a mini gathering for the Chicago pinball area and ALL Loved GnR especially Eric who was kind enough to pop over to show us how to play this amazing game. Honestly once you understand the rules and How to use the MB's to your advantage the scores and Fun just build. We all learned a LOT from Eric's guidance on how to light this game up and had a Great (safe) time. GnR is a winner no matter what model you go for honestly. First game oddly I can say I actually enjoy watching someone else play while I wait my turn as there is SO much going on and every mode is a new rock themed light show. Great fun love it.

Thanks!!

Can you let me know if this appears to be a super long playing game like Lotr?

I don’t love multiball all the time but I have a larger collection might be ok for one game to have.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the GNR Manual is now available for download. Might as well read before my game arrives.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Oct2020.pdf

Interested in seeing that the drum sticks have a mylar coating. Was wondering how they would hold up over time.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Interested in seeing that the drum sticks have a mylar coating. Was wondering how they would hold up over time.

I heard on the stream last night that they were clear coated. I’d expect that provided I treat them just like my playfield, and there are no problems with the clear they should be fine.

#419 3 years ago

The sticks are solid sugar maple. Should hold up but if they get dinged I would expect that it would be very noticable.

#420 3 years ago

In with a CE.

If the code hasn't been tweaked, I'll definitely set the ball save time to like 5 seconds if I can, and remove the add a ball at the scoop feature.

I'm not a big fan of flailing around with 4-6 balls...the other balls block your shots too often. It might be better to have the guitar release one ball at a time 30 seconds apart or something and if a ball drains it's gone.

#421 3 years ago

All this heavy multiball use talk has me a little concerned with flipper coil heat. I notice the flipper strength on hobbit goes down after a long game.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

The Standard Edition has bamboo chopsticks for Chinese Democracy.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

In with a CE.
If the code hasn't been tweaked, I'll definitely set the ball save time to like 5 seconds if I can, and remove the add a ball at the scoop feature.
I'm not a big fan of flailing around with 4-6 balls...the other balls block your shots too often. It might be better to have the guitar release one ball at a time 30 seconds apart or something and if a ball drains it's gone.

Just so everyone knows from the factory the initial ball save from the plunge is like 2 seconds.

I don't know what the multiball one is though.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Just so everyone knows from the factory the initial ball save from the plunge is like 2 seconds.

From what I’ve gathered from game-play vids; you build up ball save from awards and rewards.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Someone showed a screen shot last night that showed a ball save of around 50 seconds in the song modes I think

#426 3 years ago

That's all fair, I was only speaking to the initial ball save. When we were on location we couldn't get into the menu to see what the other ones were set to.

I will say it did seem a little long when in a mode or multiball, they ball save was on for quite a while.

#427 3 years ago

Lounge commented on it above. Nailed it. I heard them say hitting additional shots on band members before starting songs builds ball save time and bonuses I believe.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

From what I’ve gathered from game-play vids; you build up ball save from awards and rewards.

This is correct. Fantastic idea, a first in pinball? I do think it may be a little too generous, but maybe something that can be tweaked in settings?

That said, I think we need to learn more about the game before we start harping on all the multiballs. Trust me, I was one of the early ones to flag this, but i've been doing my research and here's what i've gathered:

1. Ball saver timer for song modes and ball locks are all awarded through single ball play.

2. This game looks brutal! From the streams and vids i've seen, people have had a tough time for the most part, staying alive in single ball play. And rightfully so, the shots are close to the flippers and that makes for a fast action game style.

3. After learning more about the rules and 'table', the multiballs don't bother me. However, the add a ball feature still has me concerned and hopefully there's adjustments for it. Add a balls appear to be easy to get and has no limit with the default settings. (I'll see if i can find out more about the add a balls and whether there's a setting to limit it).

4. The multiball rules look stellar, mainly the power chord jackpot > locking balls during multiball and then collecting it. Kevin and Joe said this is a very satisfying rule of the game; this is not available in the SE FYI.

5. The light show is over the top, it was hard to tell in the streams on whether there was any point or logic to multiball. Kevin pointed out many times that the display in the back (like hobbit) explains the objectives. Once i started seeing that display, the inserts and lights started making much more sense. But still hard to tell on a stream.

6. Album modes are qualified after 3 minutes of playing a song(s) in a particular album (keefer said the time can be adjusted in settings - awesome). Then you play the album mode - single ball mode - good luck on this table completing it! I think there's 4 albums total in this game? So that's theorettically approx 12 mins of play + album modes. so approx 15-20 mins to get to the final wizard mode? If so, this is perfect. My personal opinion is that any game that can be completed in <25 minutes is perfect for me as long as it has more to offer next time i push start. And well, most JJP games do.

7. We haven't even discussed patches...

Enjoy boys, JJP crew is hard at work. Game looks awesome.

#429 3 years ago

Slash being so engaged and involved may be one of the best aspects of the many best aspects of this game. Really makes me feel joyful!

https://twitter.com/DeanRichards/status/1313600409890676737?s=19

Screenshot_20201008-115155_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201008-115155_Twitter (resized).jpg
#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is correct. Fantastic idea, a first in pinball? I do think it may be a little too generous, but maybe something that can be tweaked in settings?
That said, I think we need to learn more about the game before we start harping on all the multiballs. Trust me, I was one of the early ones to flag this, but i've been doing my research and here's what i've gathered:
1. Ball saver timer for song modes and ball locks are all awarded through single ball play.
2. This game looks brutal! From the streams and vids i've seen, people have had a tough time for the most part, staying alive in single ball play. And rightfully so, the shots are close to the flippers and that makes for a fast action game style.
3. After learning more about the rules and 'table', the multiballs don't bother me. However, the add a ball feature still has me concerned and hopefully there's adjustments for it. Add a balls appear to be easy to get and has no limit with the default settings. (I'll see if i can find out more about the add a balls and whether there's a setting to limit it).
4. The multiball rules look stellar, mainly the power chord jackpot > locking balls during multiball and then collecting it. Kevin and Joe said this is a very satisfying rule of the game; this is not available in the SE FYI.
5. The light show is over the top, it was hard to tell in the streams on whether there was any point or logic to multiball. Kevin pointed out many times that the display in the back (like hobbit) explains the objectives. Once i started seeing that display, the inserts and lights started making much more sense. But still hard to tell on a stream.
6. Album modes are qualified after 3 minutes of playing a song(s) in a particular album (keefer said the time can be adjusted in settings - awesome). Then you play the album mode - single ball mode - good luck on this table completing it! I think there's 4 albums total in this game? So that's theorettically approx 12 mins of play + album modes. so approx 15-20 mins to get to the final wizard mode? If so, this is perfect. My personal opinion is that any game that can be completed in <25 minutes is perfect for me as long as it has more to offer next time i push start. And well, most JJP games do.
7. We haven't even discussed patches...
Enjoy boys, JJP crew is hard at work. Game looks awesome.

Per the manual:

https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/5688ad6d-7aa4-4419-9932-738030f58363

Screenshot 2020-10-08 115239.pngScreenshot 2020-10-08 115239.png
#431 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Slash being so engaged and involved may be one of the best aspects of the many best aspects of this game. Really makes me feel joyful!
https://twitter.com/DeanRichards/status/1313600409890676737?s=19
[quoted image]

I may want that mask he is wearing more than the CE.....

#433 3 years ago

Does anyone have a full song list? If you do please post it so we can make it a key post.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Does anyone have a full song list? If you do please post it so we can make it a key post.

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Sweet Child O' Mine
4. Welcome to the Jungle
5. My Michelle
6. Out ta Get Me
7. Paradise City
8. Night Train
9. Rocket Queen
10. Coma
11. Double Talkin' Jive
12. November Rain
13. Live and Let Die
14. Don't Cry
15. You Could Be Mine
16. Civil War
17. Estranged
18. Better
19. Chinese Democracy
20. This I Love
21. Patience

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It's a key post in one of the 4,999 other GNR2 threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/18#post-5888471

#436 3 years ago

I can confirm through play that default ball save is super short upon plunge.

#437 3 years ago

I’m in for a CE. Although with all the conspiracies out there, I assume the moment my final payment clears, JJP will have a hitman kill me.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

1. It's So Easy
2. Mr. Brownstone
3. Sweet Child O' Mine
4. Welcome to the Jungle
5. My Michelle
6. Out ta Get Me
7. Paradise City
8. Night Train
9. Rocket Queen
10. Coma
11. Double Talkin' Jive
12. November Rain
13. Live and Let Die
14. Don't Cry
15. You Could Be Mine
16. Civil War
17. Estranged
18. Better
19. Chinese Democracy
20. This I Love
21. Patience

Thank you both.

#439 3 years ago

This Bluetooth speaker would be fantastic up top on the LE, they look fantastic too. forget about the $60 soundbars, they sound like dog shit.

CD0843D6-1039-48A7-A3A6-0F0B059C483E (resized).jpegCD0843D6-1039-48A7-A3A6-0F0B059C483E (resized).jpeg

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This Bluetooth speaker would fantastic up top on the LE, they look fantastic too. forget about the $60 soundbars, they sound like dog shit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes !! That is what i put on mine, thanks !

#441 3 years ago

Keith was saying there was a very slight 250ms delay with the BT signal, be interested to see how a BT soundbar sounds with the factory speakers, if the delay is small enough to not notice sound isn't synced out of all sources. Guess you could disable the cab volume and put larger soundbar up there. Going to figure all this out when the BT update for POTC drops.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This Bluetooth speaker would be fantastic up top on the LE, they look fantastic too. forget about the $60 soundbars, they sound like dog shit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sweet! Nice find and share. Will be looking for that one. Like the extra sound but the Look is much better with this option. To be honest after playing the LE for 10 hours yesterday this game really Doesn't need much more sound or improvement. The speaker setup JJP used on this game is amazing.

#443 3 years ago

OT: I always liked this Sweet Child O' Mine scene from the movie Step Brothers...

#444 3 years ago

Pretty please JJP. As we only have 7 days to register this game for warranty, PLEASE add GnR to the game list so we can actually register the game.....

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have a Marshall BT speaker. They sound incredible.

My concern would be on the stream last night they said the Bluetooth lag was something like 1/4 seconds. That could be an issue if using an external speaker.

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I guess I’ll test that.

#446 3 years ago

Is the sound bar on the CE bluetooth?

I was originally concerned about the delay so this just confirms that. I will tell you that even without a sub, the one I played the music was loud enough. I'm thinking more about headphones wireless than adding a sound bar. For sure what this needs is a paw bass. That will be day 1

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I have a Marshall BT speaker. They sound incredible.
My concern would be on the stream last night they said the Bluetooth lag was something like 1/4 seconds. That could be an issue if using an external speaker.
Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, so I guess I’ll test that.

There's probably going to be a mod for sure for external outs if the lag is too much on BT

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Link? Danke.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty please JJP. As we only have 7 days to register this game for warranty, PLEASE add GnR to the game list so we can actually register the game.....

Haha! I bet you're covered. Chris from Kingpin has your back! Or front.

Did you buy via him again? Haven't seen him post in a bit.

#449 3 years ago

I’m in with CE #187. Looking forward to playing this game. It simply looks amazing! Congrats to all of those who have already gotten their LE!

#450 3 years ago

Excuse my ignorance, first time ordering from a manufacturer. I ordered an LE. How do I know when it will ship? When I check order status I just get pending fulfillment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.