Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 560.
#13351 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The installation instructions are very easy, and step-by-step with illustrations (see lowered res example from front page of instructions below). The kits are available on pinmonk.com and here in my pinside store, too.
pinmonk.com:
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit
pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05152-tibetan-breeze-jjp-guns-n-roses-3-flipper-cooling-kit
The v2 brackets look different from the ones in the product photos since they mount from the side now. I haven't had time to re-photograph them. They look like the illustrations in the instructions now.
[quoted image]

yes pinstadium lights was difficult for me..... but cooling kits install was very simple.. great product..

#13352 2 years ago

Airball shield testing is done. Had to do way more iterations than something this simple should require for various boring and ridiculous reasons, but here it is. Tested the fit of my final-candidate preproduction samples on 4 different GnR machines and we're golden. The clearance next to the metal on the left in this pic is tight, but there's some wiggle room built into the holes so you can slide it over before tightening the screw and nut to get about 0.5mm-1.0mm clearance.

Went with 3mm thick polycarbonate, so it's a fortress against airballs. I'm ordering them tomorrow and these will be available to order in in the pinmonk.com store starting Monday. I expect to start shipping them out late next week.
ball shield final (resized).jpgball shield final (resized).jpg

#13353 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Airball shield testing is done. Had to do way more iterations than something this simple should require for various boring and ridiculous reasons, but here it is. Tested the fit of my final-candidate preproduction samples on 4 different GnR machines and we're golden. The clearance next to the metal on the left in this pic is tight, but there's some wiggle room built into the holes so you can slide it over before tightening the screw and nut to get about 0.5mm-1.0mm clearance.
Went with 3mm thick polycarbonate, so it's a fortress against airballs. I'm ordering them tomorrow and these will be available to order in in the pinmonk.com store starting Monday. I expect to start shipping them out late next week.
[quoted image]

That looks great as always! Ordering soon!!!

#13354 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Burned by too many airballs that direction!
Will be ordering on day one!
Thanks!

#13355 2 years ago

has anybody upgraded to pinstadium lights on their SE model or any at that. If so, which pinstadium package? Did you notice a big difference? Worth the price? Thanks in advance

#13356 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

That looks great. Glad it's becoming available.

#13357 2 years ago

Also, would you guys recommend a shaker motor or is it good without one

#13358 2 years ago

Are you honestly saying you think this machine needs more fucking lights?

#13359 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Are you honestly saying you think this machine needs more fucking lights?

se version doesnt come nearly as good as the Le & Ce versions, so yes im saying the machines needs more fucking lights.

#13360 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

se version doesnt come nearly as good as the Le & Ce versions, so yes im saying the machines needs more fucking lights.

I forgot it has about 150 less LEDs

But to put that in perspective , standard GNR has 200+ RGBs , Ninja Turtles pro has 17 RGBs .

#13361 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Has anyone found a solid solution for keeping the ball from getting stuck in the pop bumpers? I've been trying to find the posts outlining this potential fix, but I can not track them down.

Hi,
do you mean the place below the bumper where the post is? There the ball got stuck with me more often.
A great solution is (once again) by agima2000.
A simple 3D print, which is plugged onto the post.
Here is the file from agima2000: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017
It looks like this.

Abweiser eingebaut (resized).jpgAbweiser eingebaut (resized).jpg
#13362 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But to put that in perspective , standard GNR has 200+ RGBs , Ninja Turtles pro has 17 RGBs .

I get what you’re saying. But i like lights

#13363 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

I get what you’re saying. But i like lights

I'm all for people doing what they like to their games , if you like them go for them .

#13364 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hi,
do you mean the place below the bumper where the post is? There the ball got stuck with me more often.
It looks like this.[quoted image]

I use this and it works great. Never had an issue with a ball getting stuck

#13365 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

has anybody upgraded to pinstadium lights on their SE model or any at that. If so, which pinstadium package? Did you notice a big difference? Worth the price? Thanks in advance

I got the concert editions on my LE. Very noticeable difference. The Xeno mounts were a pain to get set up perfectly but they've been fine ever since.

They're expensive, but you can always get regular PinStadiums (also expensive) or make your own if cost is the issue.

#13366 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If I were to get one made from a vendor online, what material should I request?

#13367 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hi,
It looks like this.[quoted image]

Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m new to the 3D printing world. How do you order this?

#13368 2 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

If I were to get one made from a vendor online, what material should I request?

100% infill? I had a buddy print it for me.

#13369 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Jjp should be putting these on , or something similar at the factory .
The two times I have played this , I got balls stuck there .
How was this not picked up during play testing .

#13370 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I have no idea about 3D printing, I got it as a gift. With the linked file, it should be easy to feed the 3D printer with it.

#13371 2 years ago

Wow, the rubbers JJP are using on GNR are shit. 2 snapped in under 60 plays.

#13372 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wonder if they get bad batches or something? You’re not the first person to stare this. Personally, I’m 9 mos and 1100 plays in and besides flippers, I’ve only had one snap - the one on the far left below the exit of the left loop guide, and that was just recently. *knocks on wood*

#13373 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I just used a small part of felt you normally put under your chair. Works perfect. Just cut it in half an stuck it to the lower part of the popbumper. Never had any ball stuck there anymore.

16286884025865755027595026969281 (resized).jpg16286884025865755027595026969281 (resized).jpg16286884913508305226377212398015 (resized).jpg16286884913508305226377212398015 (resized).jpg
#13374 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

exactly. My distributor changed all rubbers with Titan ones; much better, but generally this Tsunami Multiball Pin is hardcore for all kind of rubbers

#13375 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

exactly. My distributor changed all rubbers with Titan ones; much better, but generally this Tsunami Multiball Pin is hardcore for all kind of rubbers

Has anyone changed out the clears and put colors on for their rubber replacements?

Would like to see and get thought and ideas. I love the clear bc of the light show but I'm not sure colors would obscure it too much. I mean there are only 800 bagillion lights anyway. (Oh and the pinstadiums concert series on order).

But when the time comes do we stay clear or go with color?

#13376 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Has anyone changed out the clears and put colors on for their rubber replacements?
Would like to see and get thought and ideas. I love the clear bc of the light show but I'm not sure colors would obscure it too much. I mean there are only 800 bagillion lights anyway. (Oh and the pinstadiums concert series on order).
But when the time comes do we stay clear or go with color?

8CA22C26-E292-46CF-AA9D-580CDBBAD449 (resized).jpeg8CA22C26-E292-46CF-AA9D-580CDBBAD449 (resized).jpegC456BDA2-8B38-49D0-B8FB-B64D16F7F65D (resized).jpegC456BDA2-8B38-49D0-B8FB-B64D16F7F65D (resized).jpeg
#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Also a key difference in the SE is that the hot rails are white. So in addition to having more lights, with the Pinstadiums you would add more colored lights, I hope. That would be a bummer if they just mimic the white lights on the SE hot rails.

#13378 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Also a key difference in the SE is that the hot rails are white. So in addition to having more lights, with the Pinstadiums you would add more colored lights, I hope. That would be a bummer if they just mimic the white lights on the SE hot rails.

the concert series are integrated with the hot rails AND the GI. So on the SE it will only mimic white from the hot rails, but will use the GI for color and the UV Glow is incorporated as well.

On the LE/CE it will be like having the hotrails facing down. Plus the GI. Plus the UV.

I ordered a set from the new run for my SE and can't wait to see them.(september ship date) Dude from Pinstadium has been awesome and is all over the discussion thread and will pm you as well. Very helpful and full of information.

#13379 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image]

very nice! Thank you! I see you also went with the red plastic protectors. Do you notice a difference in the lighting with the red plastic?

Red was my first choice to change to. Hoping to see a few with black. maybe yellow. green? hahaha

#13380 2 years ago

So I played a few games and damn I suck as this machine!! I go back to my C37 to get back some confidence! This is a tough game for those like me that only play occasionally!

#13381 2 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

So I played a few games and damn I suck as this machine!! I go back to my C37 to get back some confidence! This is a tough game for those like me that only play occasionally!

Also tough for us that play it frequently! The slings need to be avoided like the plague.

#13382 2 years ago

Not my idea, but just documenting how I added this drum set to my machine.

Product links:
Red Drum Set Music Instrument Miniature Replica on Stand, Size 5 x 5 x 4 in. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BI1JOU6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_9CZJAHXHN1A73KF26CVA

Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16") Exact, Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. VEX Robot, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Craft. Plexiglas Glass Replacement https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MQTDF4R/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_30PPWBS2F00PTYP3FV56

Multipurpose Double Sided Mounting Tape - Washable Traceless Clear Adhesive Tape - Household & Industrial Gel Tape(9.85FT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TX8RPNZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_2DXB0PVQSVPE7ME4E4EQ

Here's the product as it comes:
PXL_20210811_004934271 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_004934271 (resized).jpg

The bottom can be easily removed to expose nuts.
PXL_20210811_005026940 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_005026940 (resized).jpg

Take them all out with a 5/32" socket to remove all of the drum parts topside.

Cut plexiglass to size to fit into the recess. You'll be drilling holes through it using the wood base as a template.
PXL_20210811_010851610 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_010851610 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_011546726 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_011546726 (resized).jpg

Start attaching parts, referencing original photo for placement.

PXL_20210811_012248488 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_012248488 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_013612856 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_013612856 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210811_013616972 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_013616972 (resized).jpg

Place on pop bumpers using double stacked alien tape to avoid screw thread interference with the pop bumper plastics.

PXL_20210811_164540676 (resized).jpgPXL_20210811_164540676 (resized).jpg

I oriented the set towards the player, but you could orient it other ways based on your preference.

#13383 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Not my idea, but just documenting how I added this drum set to my machine.
Product links:
Red Drum Set Music Instrument Miniature Replica on Stand, Size 5 x 5 x 4 in. amazon.com link »
Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16") Exact, Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. VEX Robot, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Craft. Plexiglas Glass Replacement amazon.com link »
Multipurpose Double Sided Mounting Tape - Washable Traceless Clear Adhesive Tape - Household & Industrial Gel Tape(9.85FT) amazon.com link »
Here's the product as it comes:
[quoted image]
The bottom can be easily removed to expose nuts.
[quoted image]
Take them all out with a 5/32" socket to remove all of the drum parts topside.
Cut plexiglass to size to fit into the recess. You'll be drilling holes through it using the wood base as a template.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Start attaching parts, referencing original photo for placement.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Place on pop bumpers using double stacked alien tape to avoid screw thread interference with the pop bumper plastics.
[quoted image]
I oriented the set towards the player, but you could orient it other ways based on your preference.

Awesome, thanks for the documentation! Using the wood base as a template is really smart, definitely stealing that idea. Curious, along with the tape, couldn't you use the screws from the pop bumpers themselves to help secure the "stage" to the bumpers? I understand why the tape would be important but as others have said already I'd be worried that it wouldn't hold when you're raising the playfield. Also, any concerns about ball clearance or air balls knocking this thing around?!

#13384 2 years ago

Clashes with the existing drum set IMO...large cymbals and small ones side by side, etc. To each his own.

Also good luck seeing the AXL lanes through that!

#13385 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Awesome, thanks for the documentation! Using the wood base as a template is really smart, definitely stealing that idea. Curious, along with the tape, couldn't you use the screws from the pop bumpers themselves to help secure the "stage" to the bumpers? I understand why the tape would be important but as others have said already I'd be worried that it wouldn't hold when you're raising the playfield. Also, any concerns about ball clearance or air balls knocking this thing around?!

Yeah you can definitely drill an extra hole or two to reuse the screws from the pop bumpers to secure it that way as well. I'm just very slightly lazy. I use this mounting tape for all sorts of mods and haven't ever had a problem with things falling off when lifting or moving the playfield.

#13386 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Clashes with the existing drum set IMO...large cymbals and small ones side by side, etc. To each his own.

Yeah I definitely noticed that too. There's other things that clash within the machine as well but I try not to think about them too hard. For example, the skeleton of Axl does not match the weight of him in the music videos

#13387 2 years ago

HELP! I just got my GNRLE and very excited. I got everything hooked up and looks AWESOME. Well I turn it on and there is no playfield lights. I only get the LED strips on the side. Looked at the connections under the playfield and the the main board was loose but all the connections are good. Look in head and everything looks right. Any advice please?? I went into test and it does not show that they are not on. It's like everything is working.

#13388 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

HELP! I just got my GNRLE and very excited. I got everything hooked up and looks AWESOME. Well I turn it on and there is no playfield lights. I only get the LED strips on the side. Looked at the connections under the playfield and the the main board was loose but all the connections are good. Look in head and everything looks right. Any advice please?? I went into test and it does not show that they are not on. It's like everything is working.

There's a board with a bunch of ethernet wires coming out - it has a USB cable plugged into it, did it come out? If not that end, check the computer side (backbox, behind the magnetic pull-out monitor) and make sure all the USB cables are well seated there.

#13389 2 years ago

YEAH!!! Got it. Had to reattach all the ethernet cables.
Thanks so much guys!!
Tom

#13390 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There's a board with a bunch of ethernet wires coming out - it has a USB cable plugged into it, did it come out? If not that end, check the computer side (backbox, behind the magnetic pull-out monitor) and make sure all the USB cables are well seated there.

I have no idea why JJP and Spooky, etc don't use USB clips to lock the connector into the jack so it can't wiggle out. This is a very common problem. Same thing with the power plug for the pins.

#13391 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was so bummed when you left and am so happy you’re back. ZaphX for president.

My game arrives tomorrow and appreciation I already owe him, PinMonk, FooFlighter, and a few other heavyweights shall be un-re-payable

#13392 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

My game arrives tomorrow and appreciation I already owe him, PinMonk, FooFlighter, and a few other heavyweights shall be un-re-payable

Aww shucks but really for me it's trial learning from everyone here, extreme OCD, Type A, and fail until I succeed. This site has been awesome with so many people willing to help and I'm really thankful for it. Not sure if I could be in this hobby without everyone here for reference, help and feedback.

#13393 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

fully agree. This was my first game i bought sight unseen NIB and it really helps when trouble arrises and folks help out. Then there are some small things like airballs draining and ball hangs i like to figure out how to fix myself and sharing back into the community when something works.

#13394 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Aww shucks but really for me it's trial learning from everyone here, extreme OCD, Type A, and fail until I succeed. This site has been awesome with so many people willing to help and I'm really thankful for it. Not sure if I could be in this hobby without everyone here for reference, help and feedback.

Holy heck he read what I said! Brush with fame checked off the bucket list

#13395 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

People helping people is the good part of Pinside. You're going to have an amazing experience, it's a great game!

#13396 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Sounds familiar although my game did power up properly when I tried it however, when I finally looked at the underside, the board that zaph talks about only had one of four screws in it. The others were rattling around in the cab. I can see one screw loose or missing but three. Oh well. Securely attached and now in good shape. Another funny…. I contacted JJP as the wiring harness to the left spotlight ran over the top of the vertical area in far back. Wires were abraided. JJP sent me a new harness for the spotlight but it was wired backwards. The wires exited the same side as the led??! Oh well desoldered then and resoldered on the back side and all is well. Grateful I can do little stuff but I leave the big stuff fir the pros!!

#13397 2 years ago

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

#13398 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

Huh?

#13399 2 years ago

Ok.... About 2 weeks in owning this game in my basement. Pretty steady play but not on location style and we take care of our games.

I'm fairly concerned about the ability of this thing to hold up over time.

I've already addressed the spinning record once and a week later have to do it again. Ball stalled on it tonight again. So needs readjusted. Again.

It started auto launching again. After checking all connections and recalibrating. It was good for a few days.... Lastnight it was after about an hour or so. Tonight it was after a game or so.

I've had the pleasure of having an iron maiden premuum next to it for the last 5 days. This machine is SOLID. Every part of it is SOLID. It feels like a brick house compared to g'n'r. Every part of it is solid.

How do we feel about the actual build quality of gnr in this community? I'm not talking playfield stuff (different discussion). I mean how it FEELS.... How is it going to hold up....

A little disconcerting having to open it up and adjust stuff every week....

#13400 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

A little disconcerting having to open it up and adjust stuff every week....

It does settle down over time, but all my NIB JJPs needed some tweaking for the first few weeks. I give Stern a lot of credit here, their machines are robust and stable pretty much OOTB.

For me fixing things is part of the hobby so it doesn't bother me. But it does get better as you get it dialed in.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
7,800 (OBO)
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/268 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.