Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 560.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has anyone ever been booed off the stage? Seems like the song meter thing is way too easy to max out

My wife did on her first game. We got a good laugh about it. It’s set to the easiest setting by factory default (think its at 1 of 10 if memory serves - 10 being hardest).

#3802 3 years ago

ROCK ON with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an incredible game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (2) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with color vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! Kit also includes a Custom laser etched logo bar table pop cap complete with hand painted and detailed drum sticks, a can of the bands beer (random cans..) and a half mug already poured to get the concern started. This kit is setup for the LE and CE models with clearance for cymbals. An SE kit is also available so order accordingly. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Guns and F'n Roses! Available now! Thanks again for everyones support and interest.

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ROCK ON with our New Guns and Roses Custom 3D Rock Pop Bumper Drum Kit! For such an incredible game we needed every detail to be spot on in character for a rock band of this status. Complete kit includes (2) custom drum pops with new mount hardware. Each drum is hand assembled, painted, and detailed. Custom laser etched translucent Logo drum heads so the Explode with color vs the stock blacked out caps. Simply Awesome when they go off! Mahogany wood grain sides with steel polished pin assemblies! Kit also includes a Custom laser etched logo bar table pop cap complete with hand painted and detailed drum sticks, a can of the bands beer (random cans..) and a half mug already poured to get the concern started. This kit is setup for the LE and CE models with clearance for cymbals. An SE kit is also available so order accordingly. This drum kit looks awesome lighted or off with every detail covered. Guns and F'n Roses! Available now! Thanks again for everyones support and interest.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally bad ass. I need this.

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Has anyone ever been booed off the stage? Seems like the song meter thing is way too easy to max out

Yea. Just play Coma.

#3805 3 years ago

396 has landed. My first JJP. The game is absolutely beautiful. Since my wife is a huge G n R fan this game was a done deal when it was announced. The only pin I could buy where I wasn't going to get the "do you really need another pinball machine" speech. JJP really did a great job here.

20201213_073227 (resized).jpg20201213_073227 (resized).jpg
#3806 3 years ago

429 checking in. game is awesome. cant say enough about it.

62917121745__DA8D39FC-DE22-4A00-A7F2-0D860830B7D9 (resized).jpg62917121745__DA8D39FC-DE22-4A00-A7F2-0D860830B7D9 (resized).jpgIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0279 (resized).jpgIMG_0279 (resized).jpg
#3807 3 years ago

Wanted to provide a point of reference here with all the talk about using the boosters. I just stacked all 4 boosters together and hit a lot of jackpots. The starting song level was 141! Three balls locked.

24C802BB-D508-4B34-8C10-B42CA2DB0F3A (resized).jpeg24C802BB-D508-4B34-8C10-B42CA2DB0F3A (resized).jpeg

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"Frank here, got myself a new nice piece of kit" Simply stunning.

#3809 3 years ago

Sound Options For GNR LE
Pin Woofer?
Polk PW10?
Sony SACS9?

#3810 3 years ago

Mr Frank Ferrer on drums!!...finally has pops that look more ....like drums.
Nice work!

#3811 3 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Sound Options For GNR LE
Pin Woofer?
Polk PW10?
Sony SACS9?

I have the SACS9 hooked to it currently and love it. I also have a PSW10 I can swap in, but I feel the level adjustments are better on the Sony. With the Polk you go from no bass to too much quickly. Very small window to find the perfect adjustment. I’ve heard great things about the pinwoofer products, but for the bang for buck, the sub is probably going to be a better bet. Curious to try pinwoofer.

#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

"Frank here, got myself a new piece of kit"

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

"Frank here, got myself a new piece of kit"

lol, Thanks Frank we love you.

#3814 3 years ago

Is there any way to adjust the game to add more treble and bass to it, equalizer? There is way too much midrange...sounds terrible

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is there any way to adjust the game to add more treble and bass to it, equalizer? There is way too much midrange...sounds terrible

It didn’t sound good to me either. I really need to try and pry myself away from playing and hook up a sub

I made these adjustments and it sounded much better (to me).

A4BD8DB3-B79F-4B9C-8501-0286DF784E86 (resized).jpegA4BD8DB3-B79F-4B9C-8501-0286DF784E86 (resized).jpeg
#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Didn't hesitate on this one! Nice job guys, and thanks for the detail to match the pin!

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It didn’t sound good to me either. I really need to try and pry myself away from playing and hook up a sub
I made these adjustments and it sounded much better (to me). [quoted image]

Yea, I can't believe there isn't a way to adjust other than that. High, middle and bass adjustment should be a bare minimum...the off sound is driving me nutz!

#3818 3 years ago

pinwoofer.

#3819 3 years ago

You would think that you shouldn't have to spend another $300 plus bananas to be able to control it on a JJP.

#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You would think that you shouldn't have to spend another $300 plus bananas to be able to control it on a JJP.

It's a rock and roll pin, mines been sitting waiting for the game to get here for more than a month.

Better than spending $300 on a toy to stick on the playfield or a shooter rod housing.

Anyway, just offering a solution as the question was "Yea, I can't believe there isn't a way to adjust other than that. High, middle and bass adjustment should be a bare minimum...the off sound is driving me nutz!"

pb90 (resized).jpgpb90 (resized).jpg

#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a rock and roll pin, mines been sitting waiting for the game to get here for more than a month.
Better than spending $300 on a toy to stick on the playfield or a shooter rod housing.
Anyway, just offering a solution as the question was "Yea, I can't believe there isn't a way to adjust other than that. High, middle and bass adjustment should be a bare minimum...the off sound is driving me nutz!"

I hear ya

#3822 3 years ago

I'd like to be able to adjust volume on the keyboard sounds.

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I made these adjustments and it sounded much better (to me). [quoted image]

Sub makes a massive difference.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

What you need Punkin is a $300 frame for a part of your NIB cardboard box

9218EB8C-ABAA-4446-8125-F0592BE64BFA (resized).jpeg9218EB8C-ABAA-4446-8125-F0592BE64BFA (resized).jpeg
#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from pingrrrl:

I'd like to be able to adjust volume on the keyboard sounds.

Look at my screenshot a few posts up. There’s a volume level setting for FX.

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What you need Punkin is a $300 frame for a part of your NIB cardboard box [quoted image]

nah (resized).jpgnah (resized).jpg

#3827 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sub makes a massive difference.

I have to agree with this. Absolutely Not a sound kind of guy but this is the first game I opted to add the Polk10 to and Sooo worth it. With the shaker and that sub cranked this game is on a different level. Still think the sound bar adds allot to the mix also for me anyway. Everyone in my house Knows when GnR is playing!! I Truly hope JJP lands more of these in the homes of buyers for the holidays. Haven't been this excited about a new pin in a long time and I am certain it is worth the wait for those on the list.

#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

"We're gettin' tha band back together"

#3829 3 years ago

Installed a Pinwoofer system in my LE over the weekend.

Debated buying an external sub (I have one connected to my other machines via a Pinnovators hookup) but I wanted to try Pinwoofer as I had heard good things about it.

The JJP version doesn't replace the backbox speakers (just the cabinet sub) and it's a bit cheaper than the Stern version as a result.

The install wasn't too hard and it makes a big difference in how loud you can get this machine going! (I needed some help at one point and Dan there was great)

Once you dial in your preferences, the amplification is still clean and clear but you can absolutely pound the bass with the replacement cabinet sub.

An external sub is an easy good add to this machine but the Pinwoofer adds more ability to customize the sound to your taste...

#3830 3 years ago

450 arrived this weekend, built in Dec a few days earlier. Not surprising a very beautiful game, extremely detailed, strategic game play. Absolutely amazing LE artwork, these tour posters are incredible, much more glossy in person, happy with it. I hooked up a Polk psw10 through pinsub ms posi taps and sounds amazing! Could leave it as is and wouldn’t need much of anything else. Gonna try one of those hologram toppers. Congrats to all receiving.

092616AA-E593-4328-BDCE-1E1E9F83C138 (resized).jpeg092616AA-E593-4328-BDCE-1E1E9F83C138 (resized).jpegE5FE2CD2-A499-4619-A164-CB2AE69C6870 (resized).jpegE5FE2CD2-A499-4619-A164-CB2AE69C6870 (resized).jpeg
#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

450 arrived this weekend, built in Dec a few days earlier. Not surprising a very beautiful game, extremely detailed, strategic game play. Absolutely amazing LE artwork, these tour posters are incredible, much more glossy in person, happy with it. I hooked up a Polk psw10 through pinsub ms posi taps and sounds amazing! Could leave it as is and wouldn’t need much of anything else. Gonna try one of those hologram toppers. Congrats to all receiving.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing pic besides the Wonka, congrats man! Mine needs time to arrive home, meanwhile it is great to watch pics of new Pinball machines being delivered. Cheers!

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Should be a nice contrast of games?
Let us know how they compare later of course.

#3833 3 years ago

Anyone know if there’s a penalty for draining during a song while ball saver is active? Like deduct .25 pt from song level or .25 secs off the ball saver?

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know if there’s a penalty for draining during a song while ball saver is active? Like deduct .25 pt from song level or .25 secs off the ball saver?

I would not know.

#3835 3 years ago

We're really hoping someone is able to mod programmable cab lighting for the LE's. Hoping someone will look into that and maybe even the topper lighting too as soon as the CE's come out.

#3836 3 years ago

Has the jukebox mode been activated? If so, how do you use it?

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

Has the jukebox mode been activated? If so, how do you use it?

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. You can enable it in settings. Hold center button to turn it on and off. Can be music only, music + video, or music + video + light show. Ordered by album or random.

Oh nice. I’ll have to enable the video, didn’t know that was an option.

Btw I couldn’t get it to work when I had the center button set to start a game.

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thank you!

#3840 3 years ago

I keep getting an error report for switch #47 (left ramp made). It seems that the diverter on the left ramp that blocks the ball from the upper play field which sends it back down the catwalk ramp is always down. Does anyone else have this problem?

#3841 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Sorry if I’m missing something. Your kit adds an amp and a crossover (and a new sub), and that sends more mids and lows to the backbox. But how does that solve for the reflection issue with the mid-range speakers that you cite? Seems JJP could have just adjusted the crossover points? I’m interested in your solution, just trying to make sense of the logic and why this would negate the need (or desire) to add a soundbar. Thanks.

No worries Jack8765 - you clearly read and understood our JJP blog post. (https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/)

There are filters (including crossovers) in different parts of our system. However, it makes more sense to me to talk about what we did in terms of the audio spectrum so I attached a Bode Plot showing level versus frequency. What you see in the plot is the spectrum as we modify it, prior to feeding it into the PinWoofer pre-amp. What you might commonly think of in terms of a crossover point between the cabinet and backbox is somewhere between box A and box B, internally, because our cabinet and backbox amplifier stages are separate with individual level controls. Here are the design goals we used for JJP:

(Green Line - pre-amplifier input reference)
Goals:
Box A - increase bass to the cabinet and backbox stages,
Box B - increase mid-range to the backbox stage,
Box C - attenuate treble to the backbox stage.

So to answer your question, yes, we send more mids and high bass to the backbox. We also trail off the treble and while you might think box C is dramatic, it's not. There is an abundance of high end. So much so that guys usually report back with middle adjust of the treble control if not less. This is owing to the forward facing tweeters that are at ear level. When you add amplification and dynamic range it is necessary to attenuate the treble a bit in this case, but the result is a brilliant high-end.

While we do not claim to have solved the topology problem (the reflection of the mid-range drivers), this was our attempt to address / mitigate the issue as much as possible. We found the "tinny" effect to result from the C box (i.e. tweeters stronger than the mid speakers) so we biased the expander board to ring up the frequencies below that band, and attenuate the frequencies within it. We think it helped.

Sound Bars. The CE Sound Bar has an integrated mounting solution but adding one later is going to be a pain to secure and you'll have the wiring. Your results will also depend on the sound bar you select. If you do, be careful not to select a mono bar since you'll end up mashing stereo from the stock backbox with mono. Other concerns if its a 3-channel bar. A good stereo sound bar is not cheap and many units have small speakers (2" - 3") which don't really improve the mids and high-bass. When we tried it the sound field quality was not dramatically improved. Some sound bars have larger speakers but they scale up in cost, weight and size rapidly.

Adding external components are work to get right and may end up costing more than simply adding the PinWoofer system. It's debatable that you'll get a equivalent or better result and it certainly won't be integrated.

Best wishes regardless of what you choose to do; we're here to provide a stellar option that drops in quickly and delivers great results.

Here is the GnR system we recommend:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

Thanks for your time!

JJP NA Response A B (resized).jpgJJP NA Response A B (resized).jpgKontrols (resized).JPGKontrols (resized).JPG

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

No worries jack8765 - you clearly read and understood our JJP blog post. (https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/)
There are filters (including crossovers) in different parts of our system. However, it makes more sense to me to talk about what we did in terms of the audio spectrum so I attached a Bode Plot showing level versus frequency. What you see in the plot is the spectrum as we modify it, prior to feeding it into the PinWoofer pre-amp. What you might commonly think of in terms of a crossover point between the cabinet and backbox is somewhere between box A and box B, internally, because our cabinet and backbox amplifier stages are separate with individual level controls. Here are the design goals we used for JJP:
(Green Line - pre-amplifier input reference)
Goals:
Box A - increase bass to the cabinet and backbox stages,
Box B - increase mid-range to the backbox stage,
Box C - attenuate treble to the backbox stage.
So to answer your question, yes, we send more mids and high bass to the backbox. We also trail off the treble and while you might think box C is dramatic, it's not. There is an abundance of high end. So much so that guys usually report back with middle adjust of the treble control if not less. This is owing to the forward facing tweeters that are at ear level. When you add amplification and dynamic range it is necessary to attenuate the treble a bit in this case, but the result is a brilliant high-end.
While we do not claim to have solved the topology problem (the reflection of the mid-range drivers), this was our attempt to address / mitigate the issue as much as possible. We found the "tinny" effect to result from the C box (i.e. tweeters stronger than the mid speakers) so we biased the expander board to ring up the frequencies below that band, and attenuate the frequencies within it. We think it helped.
Sound Bars. The CE Sound Bar has an integrated mounting solution but adding one later is going to be a pain to secure and you'll have the wiring. Your results will also depend on the sound bar you select. If you do, be careful not to select a mono bar since you'll end up mashing stereo from the stock backbox with mono. Other concerns if its a 3-channel bar. A good stereo sound bar is not cheap and many units have small speakers (2" - 3") which don't really improve the mids and high-bass. When we tried it the sound field quality was not dramatically improved. Some sound bars have larger speakers but they scale up in cost, weight and size rapidly.
Adding external components are work to get right and may end up costing more than simply adding the PinWoofer system. It's debatable that you'll get a equivalent or better result and it certainly won't be integrated.
Best wishes regardless of what you choose to do; we're here to provide and stellar option that drops in quickly and delivers great results.
Thanks for your time!

Appreciate the response very much. Thank you.

#3843 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Should be a nice contrast of games?
Let us know how they compare later of course.

Yes.. to compare the two so far? Wonka and GNR, they feel like polar opposites regarding theme and gameplay but both fun in their own right. In contrast, one may notice right away that GNR has a ‘brown’ spring on the plunger.. light as a feather thin brown for the skill shot, haven’t seen that before? Maybe TZ?

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from lpgnr:

I keep getting an error report for switch #47 (left ramp made). It seems that the diverter on the left ramp that blocks the ball from the upper play field which sends it back down the catwalk ramp is always down. Does anyone else have this problem?

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

#3845 3 years ago

I bought one of these pinwoofer kits for my JP, it was pretty much a holy shit reaction.

These people know what they are doing.

I have one here for my GNR, now I gotta get a GNR.

Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks for your time!

#3846 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Check to make sure the diverter assembly didn't fall apart. Mine started to and there is a service bulletin about this. Some machines did not have lock nuts installed.

Ok, I’ll have to look into that. Thanks.

#3847 3 years ago

Load my LE for two days. Sometimes during a game the plunge will auto plunge. Has anyone else seen this?

#3848 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Load my LE for two days. Sometimes during a game the plunge will auto plunge. Has anyone else seen this?

Nope. Only time is when the plunge hits a skill shot switch and somehow falls back into the shooter lane.

#3849 3 years ago

Yeah, this is occurring at a ball start. Sometimes it’s so quick after the previous ball ends. I guess the next time it happens I will try and see if the skill shot was somehow qualified causing the machine to think it should auto plunge. Thanks for the response.

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Yeah, this is occurring at a ball start. Sometimes it’s so quick after the previous ball ends. I guess the next time it happens I will try and see if the skill shot was somehow qualified causing the machine to think it should auto plunge. Thanks for the response.

Shouldn’t be happening. I’d power cycle to recalibrate the switches.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.