DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4489 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can't you have a generic looking character in there that looks a bit similar to someone we know.....

Angling to get your face in the new Aliens game, eh Ted?

2 months later
#5269 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that makes no sense. Maybe the physical pinball machine is not very relevant or material to them.
Digital pinball yes because it involves xbox, playstation, etc.

This seems like a very safe bet. You'd have to imagine that many, many more folks will see/play a Zen pinball table than will see/play a physical table of which only hundreds or at the most a few thousand will be made.

That said, it'd be great if Heighway could get in on this promotion. I'm also hoping that if Zen was able to run wild with the IP that it gives Heighway a bit of leverage to negotiate any final changes/additions Aurich would like to make to the art package.

1 week later
#5302 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It's not a common or not issue, there hasn't been paper currency smaller than the £5 note since the 80's and never smaller than €5. I don't know why the US still prints $1 bills, even Canada doesn't go smaller than a $5 anymore.

Because we Americans refuse to bow to pressure from "big nickle," of course.

1 week later
#5338 8 years ago

Wait, is this the Heighway Aliens thread or the virtual pinball thread?

#5345 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Have you got some heighway news you'd like to share?

No, I'm just here to get Rascal's take on the latest virtual tables from Zen, but I found the thread title misleading.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#5831 7 years ago

Kaneda has proven himself a 100% reliable source. So thrilling to see the Pinside community is finally investing his words with the weight they deserve.

[EDIT: in case not abundantly clear, this comment is sarcasm, I don't know why anyone would believe that Aurich called his boss]

#6079 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I come from a time when the anticipation of something was part of the excitement for it (read: before the internet)

Greetings, time traveler! I wish I could assure you that your level-headed, calmly expressed views will be embraced in the 2016 Alien pinball thread, but ...

#6088 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

FOX is not going to risk their super valuable franchise by playing fast and loose with licensing.
1000 pinball machines is a drop in the bucket money-wise compared to comics, video games, movies, and merch that appeals to the general population.

This. If you are Fox's IP department, this kind of project (complex, lots of IP integrated, and low $ return) is probably a real pain in the ass! The idea that Fox would bend over backward to facilitate a dinky pinball deal that will net them far less than they make on action figures (which probably require 1/50 the amount of interaction and review) is far-fetched. It certainly seems plausible to me that Fox told Heighway no more piecemeal approvals will be forthcoming.

#6260 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I agree.....i always think of lethal weapon 3's playfield....horrible with the actors faces

Agreed that a bunch of headshots don't make great playfield art. Of course on LW3, you've also got a Rothkranz art package to contend with ...

1 week later
#6433 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Who are the non-American actors? Aren't most American

John Hurt and Ian Holm leap to mind from Alien.

#6454 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

the atmosphere and tension created in the Alien Pinbal prototype video was beyond what you experience in the movies

Managing expectations, eh?

2 months later
#7230 7 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I didn't read the entire thread, do they have rights to all the audio clips from the movie? I'm hoping at the end of my last ball I hear "Game over man, Game over!"

They have the rights to the dialog, but it'll be re-recorded by Larry the Cable Guy.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's been announced precisely which audio and video clips will be in the game, or which Heighway has rights to use if it wants to. All clips and sound will have to be approved by Fox as part of the overall package. And depending on what type of contracts the Alien/Aliens actors signed with Fox back in the day, Heighway may also need separate approvals from the actors for likeness rights.

But it's safe to assume Heighway will do its best to get key phrases into the game, and since Bill Paxton had so many of those lines (game over, express elevator to hell, we just got our assess kicked, bug hunt, etc.) and probably isn't super-expensive to license these days, I imagine if they can get any rights to use video and sound at all, we'll be seeing a fair bit of him in the game!

#7272 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

"I buy my bras from the girl in Aliens.

If Lebowski preorders got a rug, maybe Aliens preorders can hope for a little something tucked into the coin box as well ...

#7367 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't know what it says onscreen in the movie but it should be "ensure."
But you know what they say...you ooze, you loose.

Special Order 937Special Order 937

It says "insure", but then again corporations of that size are notoriously risk averse, so maybe they meant it.

#7390 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Somewhere can we put a little nod to Spaceballs in there lol

That'd be awesome, but somehow I doubt Fox legal would be trilled ...

#7395 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Good point. Could be a good opportunity for an easter egg.

Hit the launch button during multiball and a Cease & Desist letter pops up on the display?

2 months later
#9380 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I watched the Dory movie with my kids last weekend. It was filled with Sigourney Weaver quotes. Really sad. She must seriously need the money.

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd that they worked "Stay away from her, you bitch" into a Disney movie, but I guess they have to appeal to all ages.

2 months later
#10504 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually it was the picture of the whiny crying kid that got me banned previously.

The dreaded "time for some new material" ban!

3 weeks later
#11232 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It's has landed. just don't know exactly where. Pittsburgh location.

Is there a woman doing a handstand behind that machine? Poor form trying to distract Player 1 in that fashion.

4 weeks later
#12184 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I've even heard rumors of a man who was so lazy he hacked a 100 disc CD changer to remotely change his XBOX360 games for him without leaving the couch.

If true, this would be completely awesome.

1 week later
#12530 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Heighway uses monitors for commercial use (not consumer monitors).

Quoted from jonesjb:

What's the difference?

The display only functions if you route the game. And I for one applaud Heighway for taking an aggressive stand against the HUO obsession that has gripped this hobby in recent years.

#12559 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

It was probably a reference to this:

My bad, I forgot that Whysnow prefers that anything posted in jest be plastered with "sarcasm" emojis to remove any potential comedic value.

1 week later
#12689 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is something else…and I'm waiting for a conversation to end and get permission to use it. Stay tuned…..

My money's on a pic of early-80s Ted posing with Sigourney in her hypersleep outfit. I'm sure he's just waiting for her people to OK it ...

#12868 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any true Aliens fan will get the play on words

Maybe she's a Knut.

1 week later
#12995 7 years ago

Have you seen the video already?

#13257 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Did Stern solve their playfield problems? I saw a lot of people swearing off from never buying a new Stern again or at least not buying one until all the cabinet and playfield problems got resolved.

People say a lot of things ... and then the next Stern game comes out and seems to sell just fine.

#13287 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

True, which is why I bought a 2016 OLED with both 3D and 4K HDR

Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's my dream TV. Maybe get it curved to match my 1982 model

YES, IT'S ANOTHER OFF-TOPIC 3D TV POST

Good thing you want it curved! LG's entry-level 55" flat-screen 2016 OLED doesn't do 3D. The entry-level curved one does:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDDTZMK

This TV (and the non-3D flat-screen version) are often available for $1499 shipped from reputable eBay sellers these days. If your credit card does price protection, you can shave an additional few hundred by price matching to one of the grey market importers. Hell of a deal for the best picture money can currently buy.

Of course you could also jump up to LG's "higher end" 2016 OLED's if you really want a flat-screen with 3D/4K/HDR, but then you're paying an extra $500-$1000 for improved speakers on the TV and a flashier bezel, neither of which seems worthwhile:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CDD4J58.

#13535 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My hair is turning brown again from grey.
Must be the stress from all the grief from some people.

Sounds more like a Benjamin Button situation. Congratulations, though I imagine reverse-puberty will be a bitch.

2 weeks later
#14182 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably because it was a terrible movie
An injustice to the brand

I don't know that you can call Covenant an "injustice" to a brand that suffered through Resurrection, AVP, AVP:R and Prometheus. That said, it wasn't any better than Prometheus, which was a significant disappointment. These days it feels like Ridley Scott's just tying in random concepts he picked up reading articles in Wired. As my friend remarked walking out of the theater, they've got their work cut out for them tying all of this nonsense together in the third/final prequel.

Hopefully the new Blade Runner will pan out better.

#14184 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope not, Prometheus was great and I enjoyed all of the Aliens films, Ok the first was best but all of them were enjoyable.

Regardless of how much you loved the various Aliens sequels/prequels, why wouldn't you want the new Blade Runner to be even better?

#14211 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Check out 'It Follows' for a good, atmospheric horror fim.

Just watched it! Thanks for the recommendation - solid, minimalist horror at its best.

#14224 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I do think it's funny though, you say the sky is falling at heighway, but for DP you are a constant defender. Not sure the connection, but definitely a little backwards taking everything at face value.

No comment on the pertinence of rubberducks' Paypal account analysis, but my first thought was "wow, Heighway has lost one of their biggest boosters." And then I remembered that it's DP he's relentlessly positive on. Doesn't mean he's wrong here, of course, but a funny contrast.

#14843 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I am not in direct knowledge of anything. These are my opinions, not facts. Takes as you will.

I know squat about this so you may be 100% correct, things certainly don't look good from the outside and lots of rumors (both scary and hopeful) have been going around. But why in the world would you state your opinions as if they were indisputable facts? Does it make you feel important to imply you have inside knowledge, or are you just being reckless?

These are troubling times for Heighway and its customers and I would think some caution is in order. You'll feel like a real ass if you end up steering people wrong, and/or muddy the waters so much with your unsupported statements that people don't heed future warnings that have some basis in fact.

#14961 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Yes, but Kaneda was right 24 hours a day.

Laughable.

Quoted from SadSack:

Look at Whysnow for example. He could not be more wrong for the last 5 years and still, his wild speculation is more respected than the opinion-turned-facts from the one whom shall not be named.

I don't know, man, Whysnow routinely collects double-digit thumbs downs when he gets going. Say what you will about him but to my knowledge he never made duplicate accounts to get around a temp ban.

#14963 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

But still I don't see any examples of where he was wrong. He may have been wildly unpopular, but he's been right more than most on this board.

How about when he signed on as Jpop's PR guy? You're trying to retcon him into some kind of pinball Nostradamus and the facts just don't fit. He wasn't a villain either, of course, just an attention starved guy acting out on the internet, happens all the time. If he hadn't repeatedly made multiple accounts he'd still be here today.

#14968 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Strawman. I'm saying that if you take an unpopular position on this board, guys will feel free to do a big pile-on. If you go out and defend yourself, you get a ban. As soon as your banned, these pile-onners will feel so emboldened by your absence, they blather on like the neighborhood kid who kicks a dog through the kennel wall. I'm not making him out to be Nostradamus. But I understand wanting to do a fake account after the comments you were banned for turn out to be 100% accurate and the guys that get you banned continue their assault while you are forbidden for posting. It's just pussy behavior. Such is the "socials".

Sorry, I when you slipped into yet another woe-is-me snowflake rant. I like you better when you're railing against the Dutch monarchy.

I'm not sure I see the "strawman" in raising an eyebrow at your claim that "Kaneda was right 24 hours a day." But my allergy to nonsense like that is probably just another indication of thin skin. I'll be sure to discuss it with my doctor.

1 week later
#15150 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'd have to go through about 10,000 photos. I have boxes of them from the "good ol' days" when we took film to Photomat and got prints back.

Time to break out the scanner! With that many, might be worth sending them out to be professionally scanned.

#15178 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

can someone, for the love of god, tell me the benefits of preordering/prepaying... i have yet to work it out.

Quoted from gtxjoe:

You get your game earlier than if you wait for them to be in stock

And if you get in early enough, you get to beta test the machine, so there's that!

Seriously though, with a game like TBL, I think there's a fear of missing out if a limited run sells out (which it did for TBL, of course, though it's hard to remember that now).

#15183 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The company gets a multiyear, interest free loan from you. That's the benefit.
(Pre-orderers get zero benefits and zero game)

Not entirely true, of course, as you know a number of pre-order situations have worked out in the end (usually after several years of frustration). But the hit/miss ratio is still quite alarming.

#15262 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm a filthy casual. Got it.

Quoted from pingod:

Plus you are Canadian

Don't rub salt in his wounds, eh?

#15296 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

You could change your avatar picture, it is kind of creepy.

Quoted from Davidus56:

Will do. I'll start looking for one.

Look no further ...

Serious_Collector (resized).jpgSerious_Collector (resized).jpg

#15353 6 years ago

He's actually with the Shallow State. And if you're looking for the Alex Jones Conspiracy Hour thread, it's two doors down.

1 week later
#15421 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

What # LE are you? I am paid in full and had my money held hostage and am in first 10 of their LE orders from day 1, I am going to be pissed if they are selling new ones before I get a refund or my damn game. Sorry no disrespect meant to you but I'm really hoping you are wrong.

Just speculation here, but I wonder if they might proceed like JJP did with WOZ and ship "newer" orders (Cointaker) first to get capital to continue making games, and then move on to the paid in full orders (which in fairness should ship first, but which will net them less/nothing in cash now)?

1 month later
#15917 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's not locked per se, but there's a lot more than you might expect to adding a weapon: each weapon has unique callouts and appropriate video clips from the movies, the weapon icons are all sized for having 5 weapons in their Dashboard region, etc.
The game rules are unlikely to change at this point, except perhaps for trivial tweaks like adjusting point values to improve scoring balance. There's always "just one more cool thing" that can be added, but at some point you gotta draw the line and say we're done, write the ideas in a notebook for future games. (This isn't unique to pinball, pretty much any software designer deals with feature creep...)

I'd also imagine that adding entire new features at this point could easily unbalance the game (which would then require further revisions and tweaks to correct).

1 week later
#16116 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You can't spend the energy? What kind of bullshit statements are these. Go pound sand Mr. Know it All.

Take it easy, his hands are very tired ...

1 week later
#16354 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, nothing wrong with it at all, not what I intended. What I meant was if it's like pulling teeth getting a refund, I imagine switching purchasers would be more difficult!

Most of us are assuming the failure to grant all refunds indicates a lack of cash (or a hope that refund requests will be withdrawn once machines are actually shipping), rather than incompetent customer service. If that assumption is correct, Heighway would presumably rather transfer an existing pre-order to a new customer rather than honor a refund request by sending out cash it either doesn't have, or wants to put toward ordering parts and making games.

2 weeks later
#16597 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

People have dismissed it due to highest drama but once that's corrected (seems soon now)

Don't jinx it! Wait until this beleaguered first shipment of 21 games finally happens and people have a chance to play them and confirm no major issues to pop the champagne corks.

1 month later
#17696 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who's the Benjamin Franklin geezer in front??

Bernie Sanders, obviously. Not shocking that he'd turn up in Sweden, but I had no idea he was into pinball. Hopefully he got a game in after Ron Howard's brother was done playing.

#17748 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

New Heighway then asked me to ship our current game to a member of their US software team. They wanted this done in advance of us receiving the new, produciton grade, unit. I let them know that I was unable to ship the current game out till we recieved the replacement. I explained this was a route game and sending it off meant I would have an empty slot to fill and that would not work to have an empty slot for such and expensive game. I can ship same day as soon as we have the replacement. After I let them know I could not ship out the "pre-produciton #2" until a replacement had arrived, then communication fell off.

Smart move hanging onto the machine you've got for now. Sounds like New Heighway was not up-front with you about their shipping schedule, who knows if/when you'd have received another game if you let that one go. Pretty disturbing stuff.

#18100 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ok. Well. While you’re playing as Ripley, I’m playing as Hudson.

Spoiler alert ... Hudson doesn’t make it. He was also all hat and no cattle, as they allegedly say in Texas (RIP Bill Paxton).

If you want to pretend you’re a doomed space marine, why not go with Vasquez? At least she was a badass.

3 weeks later
#18622 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if bally/williams couldnt continue as a going concern in the pinball biz selling several thousand copies of multiple titles per year

Is that what happened? I thought the story was that B/W was still turning at least some profit on pinball until the end, but read the writing on the wall on the prospects of arcades in the 2000s and saw better returns to be made making gambling machines, so shifted their attentions in that direction.

Not questioning the rest of your argument (I agree that the whole "endless succession of bailouts" thing is a fantasy and ignores the potential for bankruptcy, among other realities), but B/W's experience in the late 1990s may not be the best point for comparison for a boutique pin manufacturer 20 years later.

#18642 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

my statement didnt say they were unprofitable. it said they 'couldnt continue as a going concern in the pinball biz'; which you are confirming.

I’m not sure I can confirm anything since I wasn’t following pinball when B/W bowed out. But I guess your use of “could not” is confusing to me. If my understanding is right they actually could have carried on as a “going concern” (ie as a viable business not facing imminent failure), but found another, more profitable and stable product to make with their existing production facilities and staff, and so switched over to that.

Doesn’t really matter, just wasn’t clear what lesson Heighway would draw from B/W’s history. Other than make the upper right flipper more like Judge Dredd next time, maybe?

2 months later
#19845 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here's a question... Hypothetical. Let's say that Heighway closes shop in the next 3-6 months, and the only Alien pins that exist are the ones currently in the wild (plus 20 or so more). 1-2 years from now, what will and Alien be worth? Just a few $K since support and parts will be difficult to come by, or will the price sure since this is a great game, and oh so very rare?
Thoughts?

Sadly, Lebowski provides almost a perfect answer to your question. Prices are much higher than retail because the theme is killer, the game works and is actually fun to play (i.e. it’s not Magic Girl), and supply is extremely limited. Lack of support won’t be much of a break on prices under those circumstances.

So if you’re hoping to scoop one up on the cheap in a year or two if Heighway goes under, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

2 months later
#21032 6 years ago

I guess we'll see if UK bankruptcy court can move any more quickly than US bankruptcy court (how long has the Skit-B fiasco been sitting on the docket in Michigan?)

#21034 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

One less pinball manufacturer - yes. Last of prepay companies - no, I still see DP and deeproot holding onto payments.

Wait, deeproot was/is taking money already?!? Maybe I'm imagining things, but I thought their business model was going to be pay when it's ready to ship?

#21063 6 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

all i think we get it.... heighways out... people lost money..... its horrible. Unfortunately those people are beyond help at this point and its sad. But can we steer this forum back to helping keep the ones that are out there functioning / alive?

Dozens of people just discovered that they're never going to get the game they paid for and have been waiting months or years to receive. I'd expect that plus discussion of the apparent Heighway bankruptcy to dominate this thread for the foreseeable future (vs. technical discussion from the handful of folks that actually got a game). If you want to limit discussion to tech support for game owners, you're probably better off just starting a new, more focused, thread.

#21216 6 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

I disagree, but the reason would not be legal obligations, but to gain enough goodwill among potential customers to actually have a chance in hell of surviving as a company.

Right, but if they were going to do that what's the point of going through liquidation? It's nice to imagine a benevolent rich guy stepping in to cover all of Andrew's bad debts. But it seems pretty unlikely at this point.

#21231 6 years ago
Quoted from simon:

Because, there is not insignificant amounts of money that was put in by minority shareholders and likely various sums owed to other non essential creditors like i said earlier.
So if you could lose those and own 100% of the new company without minor shareholders having any claim, and without various other debts owed it immediately becomes a more feasible business proposition and you might be inclined to invest more money in it as the potential returns far greater. Rather than the current model of 'throwing good money after bad'.
Now i have literally no idea how someone could hypothetically have legally achieved all this, and i am less than happy about the idea of it, but viewed coldly as a business move i do completely get it in principal, hypothetically
There were definately some rather large porkies told along the way, and some very quiet / sneaky moves made behind a few relevant parties backs, that much is certain.

Ah, didn't see your previous post. If they can scrape a bunch of debt off yet still send games to everyone that's paid for one, that will make everyone on Pinside happy (barring the investors such as yourself that are being "scraped off," of course). While I'm not rooting for you or other creditors to be treated unfairly, it would certainly be a lucky result for the buyers here if they somehow still end up getting games. Still seems like an improbable way for this to pan out.

#21244 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Where's whysnow?

Sounds like he sold his Alien (I think he got a replacement from Heighway a few months back?) so maybe he's less invested in the thread these days.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-alien-4#post-4363429

#21254 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yeah I recall some of them coming forward with cryptic information. Like you said, the signs have been there for a while.

I think that's one issue. People may be too scared to bring concrete details due to legal threats, but then more vague statements end up sounding like the kind of baseless speculation that we all love to engage in here. Or worse, people with legitimate inside info are mistaken for cranks pretending to know things that they do not, which are also seen on Pinside from time to time.

1 week later
#21738 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

post deleted

Did you have posts edited by the mods? I looked back and your post laying out a crash and burn scenario -- which seems on-point in light of what actually appears to have happened -- is still there:

Quoted from Msch:

Guys, get your money out of heighway right now. They are crashing as we speak. The investors are going to sell all the assets and fold the company. Been saying this for months.

(This was only your second post in the thread, so I'm not sure who you'd been saying it to for months). You also later clarified that this was your opinion and not based on direct knowledge, and didn't cite any sources that might have verified your statements. I'm sure you had your reasons for keeping everything anonymous, but that does make it harder for people to put stock in your words.

#21748 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Heighway 2.0 (the silent liquidation brothers).

This is excellent.

#21821 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Are we getting any deposits/money back soon?

Heighway is in bankruptcy proceedings, so should not be paying anything to anyone until a judge OKs it. But word on the street is there’s not much left in the coffers, so customers are unlikely to get much back out of the bankruptcy unless they get the court to go after Andrew or the Pinball Brothers entity that allegedly ended up with many of Heighway’s assets.

#21891 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like I will be needing to update the class picture at some point.

I'd guess that Whysnow was just bummed at how quickly the conversation in this thread moved on from him to more pertinent topics.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

#21976 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I suggest your attorney investigate pinside as well.

Bucking for internet lawyer of the week, are you?

#22067 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Run To the Hills, Number of the Beast (from Rock Band)

Precisely! Couldn't have named another Iron Maiden song before playing the pin. Seems like good pinball music, nothing against it, just not something I ever listened to.

1 week later
#22191 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think that you should remove your "that isn't on US soil" clause. for a reason why, just ask all of the people who lost money on predator 'cause last time I checked michigan has not become a sovereign state and is still part of the united states

JPop comes off like a moon unit, but I believe Illinois is still in the continental US as well.

4 weeks later
#22386 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-s-my-nib-alien-le-worth#post-4451538

Reading between the lines looks like $12k [EDIT: Derp, thread clearly said the prior sale was $13k and he sold at the same price] for a quick local sale.

Congrats @aurich, I’m sure it doesn’t begin to cover the time you put into the project, but glad you’ve got some cash in your pocket and can put this whole sorry mess behind you.

3 weeks later
#22569 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, all available info indicates that it is, for both se and le. My personal experience also indicates this is accurate, unless another batch of them is hidden away somewhere.

What personal experience did you have that relates to the number of Alien pins made? Do you mean someone from Heighway told you that?

8 months later
3 months later
#24779 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the kaneda podcast and TBL is def happening but I missed the part where pinball brothers made a deal with CGC. I think he was saying since TBL turned out to be true, alien would be as well.

Just to clarify, "TBL is def happening" just means that DP/ARA are finally selling off the ~40 previously produced TBLs that have been sitting in a warehouse for three years, not that there's anything in place to produce new TBLs. So the TBL situation has no clear connection to the Alien situation.

#24782 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep totally agree but ultimately TBL will be up for sale to the public which it is. I think Chris is now saying since TBL was true alien must be too.

As the proverb goes, "even an insufferable attention-seeking blowhard is (sort of) right twice a day."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.