• 25,826 posts
  • 1,012 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,074 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191209_191235717 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191209_191243201 (resized).jpg
Flipperfinger Decals.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN7393 (resized).JPG
DSCN7394 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190607_221426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190607_220508 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190607_212735 (resized).jpg
DSC07953 (resized).JPG
DSC07966 (resized).JPG
DSCN7382 (resized).JPG
DSCN7381 (resized).JPG
DSCN7380 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN 35th Anniversary (resized).png
22276-1-alien-LE-pinball-overall (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25826 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 517.
#10451 2 years ago
Quoted from Berserk:

Ahhh yes... Spaceballs
RIP John Hurt

"Goodbye mah baby, goodbye mah honey..."

"Obit check please."

#10452 2 years ago

Sad to hear this!

RIP, indeed. One fine actor has left us

He was one of my favorites

#10453 2 years ago

This is where Andy interrupts you guys with a teaser video of some crazy mode yet to be seen. !!

#10454 2 years ago
Quoted from karl:

RIP, indeed. One fine actor has left us

RIP. Bummer.

There go the custom Harry Potter Call outs for Heighway's next title.

#10455 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

hys·te·ri·a
/həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of pinball people.

Courtesy of Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria_(Def_Leppard_album)
Hysteria is the fourth studio album by English hard rock band Def Leppard, released on 3 August 1987 through Mercury Records and reissued on 1 January 2000. It is Def Leppard's best-selling album to date, selling over 25 million copies worldwide, including 12 million in the US, and spawning seven hit singles. The album charted at #1 on both the Billboard 200 and the UK Albums Chart.[2][3]

Hysteria was produced by Robert John "Mutt" Lange. The title of the album was thought up by drummer Rick Allen, referring to his 1984 auto accident and the ensuing worldwide media coverage surrounding it. It is also the last album to feature guitarist Steve Clark before his death, although songs co-written by him would appear on the band's next album, Adrenalize.[4]

The album is the follow-up to the band's 1983 breakthrough Pyromania. Hysteria's creation took over three years and was plagued by delays, including the aftermath of the 31 December 1984 car accident that cost drummer Rick Allen his left arm. Subsequent to the album's release, Def Leppard published a book entitled Animal Instinct: The Def Leppard Story, written by Rolling Stone magazine Senior Editor David Fricke, on the three-year recording process of Hysteria and the tough times the band endured through the mid-1980s.

Hysteria has earned critical acclaim from a number of sources. In 1988 Q magazine readers voted it as the 98th Greatest Album of All Time, while in 2004, the album was ranked at #464 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.[5]

Lasting 62 and a half minutes, the album was, at the time, one of the longest albums ever issued on a single vinyl record.

220px-Def_Leppard_-_Hysteria_(vinyl_version) (resized).jpg

#10456 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

RIP. Bummer.
There go the custom Harry Potter Call outs for Heighway's next title.

He wasn't in the Back to the Future trilogy was he?

#10457 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He wasn't in the Back to the Future trilogy was he?

No certainly not. And we are not making a Back to the Future trilogy game, that's official.

#10458 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No certainly not. And we are not making a Back to the Future trilogy game, that's official.

Ah bummer would love to have seen a new BTTF never mind, but thanks for the confirmation though, knowing what is not next is almost as good as knowing what is next.

#10459 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Ah bummer would love to have seen a new BTTF never mind, but thanks for the confirmation though, knowing what is not next is almost as good as knowing what is next.

no such denial about Harry Potter

#10460 2 years ago

I would rather an original theme for Heighway after Alien. Licensing has made this one take long enough.

#10461 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I would rather an original theme for Heighway after Alien. Licensing has made this one take long enough.

That's not a bad call, unlicensed, licenced, unlicensed, licenced could be a good way of getting more games on the line and available to order plus offer up some cool licences with some unique unlicensed ideas.

#10462 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It should be released before the end of the week (Friday 3rd) and the first games should ship by then as well

Andrew, I've read comments in this thread about board problems that affected the two Alien Pinball games at the recent EAG International 2017 show (see below).

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

3 Full Throttles and 2 Aliens. Sadly both Aliens out of action all day. I did not go but know a few people that did. Andrew said board problems apparently.

Quoted from unigroove:

Correct. In the morning techs were trying to get the Alien games going in the HP booth. In the afternoon the games were taken from the showfloor. Not sure that's such a smart move as now there were only flyers, banners, promotional plastics and a sticker available.

Since then, I have also heard comments offline that appear to corroborate that there are problems with the boards.

Would you please elaborate on the current status of the boards, and if there are any problems with the boards, please clarify what is being done to address them?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

#10463 2 years ago

FullTH was original and it took a while to build the games and get them shipped. The pinside review process for Alien probably delayed it as much as Fox.

#10464 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Before he imploded, Phil from Dutch Pinball let slip that their second game was going to be BTTF. Not sure if that's still happening, though.

#10465 2 years ago

Why the hate? Hysteria is a great album to listen to while pinball'n.

#10466 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That's not a bad call, unlicensed, licenced, unlicensed, licenced could be a good way of getting more games on the line and available to order plus offer up some cool licences with some unique unlicensed ideas.

That's my thoughts, and it makes for a more unique lineup. It would be cool to see Heighway continue with more "adult" oriented games, and in an original title that could end up being pretty cool. That being said, I'm sure they already have what they're doing next in the works, so I'm just interested to see what it ends up being. Not as interested as I am in getting my Alien, though...

Quoted from Wickerman2:

FullTH was original and it took a while to build the games and get them shipped. The pinside review process for Alien probably delayed it as much as Fox.

That's true, but it was also their first game as a company. By game 3 I would hope they have warehouse, tooling, ordering, etc. mostly sorted out so that production can happen quicker after the design period. I agree, the "pinside process" probably did slow things down, but if that means we end up with a better game, then I'm all for it. On an original title I don't think there will be as much passion over little things, because Alien is a really special title for a lot of people.

#10467 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

hys·te·ri·a
/həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement, especially among a group of pinball people.

kind of insulting towards Ted, Rob & Rc...Why not recognize them as being concerned for the safety of pinside members?

Just imagine how many pinsiders I could quote & label from this thread underneath this definition...

de·ni·al
dəˈnīəl/
noun
: refusal to admit the truth or reality

the action of declaring something to be untrue.

the refusal of something requested or desired.

#10468 2 years ago

Not directed at those pinsiders at all. Just demonstrating how quickly things can begin to derail.

Ok, what am I denying?

#10469 2 years ago

.it's just frustrating to read stuff like the guy from October/Nov going through undue stress of documenting things for his credit card chargeback...Help me understand that instead of blowing it off as hysteria

#10470 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Help me understand that instead of blowing it off as hysteria

Let me be clear. People that need a refund are not what my comment was directed toward. It's the group think that gathers like a storm cloud that can exaggerate the issue.

I'm getting more eager for the Alien pin as we seem to be getting close. Andrew, despite his past enthusiastic timelines, has never before projected a ship date so close before. My take away from his most recent announcement, he knows he's very near!

#10471 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Will you be doing anymore duel movie licences? I see Alien as almost two pins in one because of the difference in tone and style between Alien and Aliens, one looks and sounds a certain way so depending which film you play I imagine the tone between the two films will change with your selection. So will you be doing any future titles in a duel/trilogy format? Reason I ask is it was a big selling factor for me for the above reasons.

#10472 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Let me be clear. People that need a refund are not what my comment was directed toward. It's the group think that gathers like a storm cloud that can exaggerate the issue.
I'm getting more eager for the Alien pin as we seem to be getting close. Andrew, despite his past enthusiastic timelines, has never before projected a ship date so close before. My take away from his most recent announcement, he knows he's very near!

We know, my point was simply that this "group think" should be viewed as concern for customers more than what you suggested.

I'm sure both of the camps in this thread (cheerleaders vs. Pissy pants) want Heighway to thrive, knock Stern off their high horse and all that fun stuff...

But again, please help me to understand Heighway's selective refund process, because I know of at least one actual factual customer who not only requested their refund after the "undue stress chargeback guy" but also had it back in 45 days or less!

Andrew can be so quick to respond to things in this thread and others...even nonsense questions from me have been answered with light speed while some poor dude is at home, 90 plus days in, faxing a bunch of BS emails to Visa with his fingers crossed!

#10473 2 years ago

But again, please help me to understand Heighway's selective refund process

they're a growing company that's a bit disorganized in that dept. Not great, but stuff happens and when stuff happens, pinside is there to blow it up!!

Doesn't seem like this is an epidemic.

Does that help you?

A Sky (resized).jpg

#10474 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Does that help you?

No offense, but not really wicker...

I think a real clear and transparent post from the man himself would...

Because so far in my book it takes quite a few more keystrokes & mouse clicks to create the average post from Heighway than it would to click the refund button a couple times for those deserving folks...

#10475 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Does that help you?

With what has happened in the past, I tend to err on the side of caution….

#10476 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

they're a growing company that's a bit disorganized in that dept. Not great, but stuff happens and when stuff happens, pinside is there to blow it up!!
Doesn't seem like this is an epidemic.
Does that help you?

I don't understand your posts indicating that there is an attitude of "the sky is falling" given the facts of what is happening with the slow and unprofessional response to people requesting refunds. People seem to be pretty even keeled about it to me. Surprisingly so, to be honest.

Your meme of the sky is falling is no more valid to those voicing concerns than this one would be in response to your posts defending Heighway:

head-in-sand (resized).jpg

#10477 2 years ago

We know, my point was simply that this "group think" should be viewed as concern for customers more than what you suggested.

Since you seem to have taken exception with my prior post I'll refer you to the first sentence which summarizes it nicely: "Andrew really should take care of anyone wanting a refund on their $1500 deposit, after all life happens."

Honorable as your "concern for cutomers" is, did you notice Andrew responded he's going to address both the outstanding deposit refunds he's aware of? Right here, on this public forum. He's late, and I'm not making excuses for him. But I'll give the guy a nod because he's not hiding.

Hopefully that may ease your "frustration." A real clear and transparent post from him on the matter seems to be just what was needed.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We apologise for any delays in refunds. There are a couple oustanding and they will be all sorted this coming week

#10478 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't understand your posts indicating that there is an attitude of "the sky is falling" given the facts of what is happening with the slow and unprofessional response to people requesting refunds.

how many people? I said it's not great, but not an epidemic and from what's been posted here it seems it's not out of malice but disorganization. People are harping on it because there's nothing else to talk about...if it's truly only 2 or 3 people that have had slow response refunds, like I said that's a bummer but the sky isn't falling.

There is a vacuum right now and it's being filled by hand wringing.

#10479 2 years ago

Could be worse, they haven't told all of you to put on your big boy pants!

#10480 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

how many people?

Not that it's really important but one of those people listed changed their mind and is staying in. Alien lust.

#10481 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

how many people? I said it's not great, but not an epidemic and from what's been posted here it seems it's not out of malice but disorganization. People are harping on it because there's nothing else to talk about...if it's truly only 2 or 3 people that have had slow response refunds, like I said that's a bummer but the sky isn't falling.
There is a vacuum right now and it's being filled by hand wringing.

Based on your response, it appears that you missed my point.

You keep saying things like it isn't an "epidemic." You go as far as posting a meme of "the sky is falling." My point is that nobody said there is an "epidemic" or that the sky is falling. But there is reason for concern, which even you seem to understand.

And I'm not sure why you are repeating this idea that it is "only 2 or 3 people that have had slow response refunds" when I previously posted that it was more than that:

Quoted from bane:

Requested refund (original deposit almost 1 year ago) over 1 month ago. Couldn't stomach delays and top secret video status any longer. Supposed to have been processed already; email confirmation that cancellation received, yet refund not processed. Emailed Heighway Pinball about this. No response yet.

Quoted from thewool:

Hi Andrew,
Please can you pm or email me regarding my refund?
Sent you a few mails on this, also tried to call the factory but the number is u/s.
Cheers, Kris

Quoted from kidchrisso:

Your not the only one having issues on getting a refund....it's ridiculous.

Quoted from underlord:

Well Andrew, despite the fact that I've been waiting for my refund since October, I still think the pin looks great and have recommended a friend talk to you about a potential purchase. He's got more expendable income than me right now.
Now...about that refund...

Quoted from Woidhauser:

I am also waiting for my refund since October last year.
First I love this project. Due to private reasons I had to cancel my order in September last year as Aimee from Heighway wrote me that there are only view weeks left to make the next payment. I was told sorry about the cancellation but I will get the refund till end October. But nothing, after several emails with no answer I got one from Jay, Heighway, that according refunds I should contact Andrew, but I never got an reply......

Quoted from Strohz:

Making pinballs is hard…but getting refunds is harder?!?
I've been on the pre-order list for over two years, but I’m moving soon so asked for a refund as it was clear after Expo it wouldn’t be shipping in time. Since November, I have had 17 email exchanges and a couple PM’s with Heighway asking for my refund to be processed but it has not materialized. Our exchanges are always polite, they respond quickly, and Morgan always apologizes to say they are working on it. However, there is always a delay such as personnel turnover, being focused on producing the games, holiday leave, EAG show preparations, or Andrew just hasn’t gotten to it.
Given the lack of action, I have been forced to file a chargeback with my credit card company. In fact I submitted 25 pages of supporting documents and emails about missed production deadlines and licensing delays over the past two years. If you haven't re-read this thread in quite a while, it really is eye-opening to go back to the beginning.
It’s a shame something I was so excited about has been soured by this refund experience, but I felt compelled to share it as it appears others have experienced similar frustrations.

#10482 2 years ago

I'm sincere when I say that I hope Alien is a roaring success and is the making of Heighway Pinball. I'd like one myself one day

But it takes about 60 seconds to log into an online bank account and make a payment. Andy can find the time to respond to criticism in this thread very quickly but not to pay back deposits because of massively missed deadlines? Something doesn't add up?

#10483 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't understand your posts indicating that there is an attitude of "the sky is falling" given the facts of what is happening with the slow and unprofessional response to people requesting refunds. People seem to be pretty even keeled about it to me. Surprisingly so, to be honest.
Your meme of the sky is falling is no more valid to those voicing concerns than this one would be in response to your posts defending Heighway:

And there it is! Rob's (head in the sand) pic! Now this thread is getting red hot!

Got him banned on Pinside in the past... true story!

Yes, I was patient with Andrew about his slow paced refund activity. I see no cause for concern about the board issues, electronics being a fickle mistress; but why did they pull the pins from the show?

#10484 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And there it is! Rob's (head in the sand) pic! Now this thread is getting red hot!
Got him banned on Pinside in the past... true story!

Actually it was the picture of the whiny crying kid that got me banned previously.

#10485 2 years ago

Heighway is serious about making machines, but I guess they do not want to ship bad machines. That would instantly destroy their business. It is a company that has shipped machines that just work, without playfield issues or something similar. Somebody earlier mentioned that he expects Heighway to have set up a line, inventory, workers etcetera to be able to speed up production. Any idea what that costs ?

I am happy that there are people like Andrew willing to undertake such an endeavour to provide us with a choice in the market. Machine prices have gone stellar and Heighway aims to deliver a good product for a decent price. I cannot say that about Stern. They just combine price increases with cost cuts. Even JJP does this in a way. No topper for The Hobbit and Dialed In is more expensive even when it has got no license fees and is not a wide body.

My personal opinion is that Heighway has the potential to be a good contender in this market, but they cannot do it without our trust. Even the biggest banks in the world cannot survive if every of their customers is clearing out their accounts, think about that. Every business needs paying customers. They pay for all the stuff that is needed to sustain a business that has costs for housing, inventory, overhead, etc.

#10486 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You keep saying things like it isn't an "epidemic." You go as far as posting a meme of "the sky is falling." My point is that nobody said there is an "epidemic" or that the sky is falling.

Great point.

It was in response to an extended back and forth and meant as lighthearted hyperbole...that apparently flew over your head. I apologize for not taking pinball overly serious and misrepresenting the amount of angst about 2 or 3 refunds(yes, 2 or 3). I won't use the word epidemic any more so you don't have to respond yet again and claim I am using the word epidemic.

Epidemic.

Cheers!

#10487 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

but why did they pull the pins from the show?

to fix the issues and put them out the following day where reports are they held up and played beautifully.

#10488 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was in response to an extended back and forth and meant as lighthearted hyperbole...that apparently flew over your head.

Fair enough, and I admit that it probably did fly over my head and shouldn't have based on your prior posts. It's all good.

#10489 2 years ago

So people are bailing out of their spot in line? I might be interested in taking one

#10490 2 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

So people are bailing out of their spot in line?

epidemic

#10491 2 years ago

more like hysteria, but it's all good.

IMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#10492 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to fix the issues and put them out the following day where reports are they held up and played beautifully.

Fair enough. Not my idea of a grand intro, but end result is all that matters.

#10493 2 years ago

Just so that people are aware: work from my end has been slow on Alien for the last couple of weeks since my brother died; I had to shoot off at very short notice back to Northern Ireland for a funeral service and to address some family matters. I fly back tomorrow, normal service should be resumed later in the week.

Not something I'd normally raise here, but significant given the current gearing up of the game and the spanner this put in the works.

#10494 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Just so that people are aware: work from my end has been slow on Alien for the last couple of weeks since my brother died; I had to shoot off at very short notice back to Northern Ireland for a funeral service and to address some family matters. I fly back tomorrow, normal service should be resumed later in the week.
Not something I'd normally raise here, but significant given the current gearing up of the game and the spanner this put in the works.

Very sorry to hear about your brother. Puts all this other stuff into perspective (meaningless). Thoughts and prayers your way.

#10495 2 years ago

That's so rough. Hopefully you are able to take the time you need before going back to work. I know first hand how hard it is to get your head back into "normal" life after dealing with something like that.

#10496 2 years ago

My condolences to you and your family. Keep on keepin' on brotha

#10497 2 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Making pinballs is hard…but getting refunds is harder?!?

For others following the refund issue, I just wanted to update my post that I finally heard back from Andrew and he apologized for taking his eye off the ball with regards to the refunds, and promised he would be sorting it with myself and others affected over the next week. As he reiterated, they've been a little preoccupied with getting parts ordered, issues resolved, games built and attending trade shows, but I believe he now sees how the perception of a company taking care of its customers can be equally important. Thanks everyone for the support and hopefully this will be the last post needed on refund issues.

#10498 2 years ago

More eggs done and on there way to Heighway

IMG_3892 (resized).JPG

#10499 2 years ago

Looks like about 100 machines worth of eggs there! That's what we like to see

#10500 2 years ago

On the other side of space pinball, in the Jetsons thread, things went so well i thought i'd bump this thread to see if we could get an uplifting update on Alien!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 25826 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 517.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside