DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 601.
#4452 8 years ago

Thanks Aurich, as someone interested in the theme but not currently a customer I can read this thread with interest without the frustration.

I think that the playfield is a nice piece that I am sure will look much different when covered with plastics and when they are in stock I will seriously consider this pin.

#4453 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Thanks Aurich, as someone interested in the theme but not currently a customer I can read this thread with interest without the frustration.
I think that the playfield is a nice piece that I am sure will look much different when covered with plastics and when they are in stock I will seriously consider this pin.

Thanks Joe! Love your avatar.

#4454 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Was she a cat hoarder?

She probably is now. I like my women with attitude and confidence. She had bad attitude, without the confidence. ( stage 5 clinger)

But enough about her.

Back to one of the coolest franchises ever...

#4456 8 years ago

Aurich, by any chance will we see reference to the power loader unit that Ripley mans in Alien Those plastics that connect to the lowerflippers might be good opportunity

#4457 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it turns into a headache I'm gonna just clam up and do the work without sharing, because I honestly don't need any more drama in my life. Up to you.

Well if that's the best response you have to my post, then by all means, please make me the pvt. Pyle eatin his jelly doughnut while everyone suffers...Clam up...Drain this thread.....And knock this F-ing Alien out the park instead of worrying about Kaneda's podcast!

#4458 8 years ago

pvt.pyle_(resized).jpgpvt.pyle_(resized).jpg

#4459 8 years ago

Just to be clear I'm not worried about a thing. Feeling good, don't care about haters, just saying, this is the process.

Quoted from PinBalt:

Aurich, by any chance will we see reference to the power loader unit that Ripley mans in Alien Those plastics that connect to the lowerflippers might be good opportunity

Which plastics do you mean specifically? The outlane guides? They're pretty thin for complicated shape art. And there's already something else planned for the slingshots.

#4460 8 years ago

How about the loader grabbing the ball and putting it in a captive ball lock? Too late in the game for that? Then the bitch line when they release the balls

#4461 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

How about the loader grabbing the ball and putting it in a captive ball lock? Too late in the game for that? Then the bitch line when they release the balls

Ya, definitely a deal breaker for me if we don't secure these assets...Make it happen Andrew!!

#4462 8 years ago

I am in!

#4463 8 years ago

I wish I had your "skin", Aurich....I couldnt do what you do.
Like it or not.....Aurich puts his best foot forward always, and genuinely cares about the hobby.

#4464 8 years ago

I have to say something here, I understand the desire for proper representation of the theme being displayed in the art and plastics but in the end its the sound, lighting and flow, rules and general gameplay that makes or breaks a pin so who cares if the loader isn't there, or Ripley is no where to be seen? I personally couldn't care less. Watching that future pin Aliens video gave me a slight indication of how amazing this theme is and what the possibilites are, once we are hearing those pulse rifles, Aliens screams with frantic music none of this art shit is going to matter much, by the way I love the PF art Aurich, I thank you for not making it a cluttered mess of actors and props from the films.

#4465 8 years ago

Aurich I was referring to the outlane guides back to the flippers. I couldn't think of the name. I saw a bit of the yellow/black art on the playfield ( scream again) and it made me think of the outlanes and the flippers as versions of those infamous yellow and black loader arms .... as if you are virtually reaching out to battle the Alien (Geiger version) on the playfield. Yellow and black would really pop of of the blue as well. Just ideas. You are doing an awesome job and can't wait to own this pin.

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

..Aurich puts his best foot forward always, and genuinely cares about the hobby.

It will come shining through in this project....of this, I am positive.......

We unknowingly, are going to have a chance to witness, be a part of something monumental for our hobby.

#4467 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Dude, we have a huge xenomorph grabbing the ball with its tongue already, is that not enough for you?

You know what I think of about a loader grabbing the ball? Jurassic Park: The Lost World. This is not a good memory!

Tell you what: Let me tell you about this game, and then people are welcome to give their suggestions, I'm happy to listen to your ideas. Truly. I can overcome my ego to use good ideas, I'm always open to suggestions that make for a better end result.

I'm about to work on the plastics, and I already have some thoughts about them, but by all means, give suggestions.

Forums are for opinions and dialogue, why not make it positive?

But first, let's talk about this game.

--

The game will have toys for all the iconic Alien stuff. Eggs, facehuggers, a big f—king xeno with a bad ass magnetic tongue, the queen herself, and the chestburster will even be part of it with the controlled drop target. There's a physical ball lock for the hypersleep chamber. You can get the rotating beacons on top. For the LE and the upgraders we'll have fiber optic lights.

We're going to blow the up the playfield at least twice if you look at the wizard modes, and you know everything including all the RGB lighting is going to go nuts for that. Oh yeah, and the LCD screen embedded in the playfield.

Look at the modes and multiballs. I basically gave you the list of all the main modes in the game and no one is talking about them. Every single one is an iconic scene from the films. Even the cat is in there! Jones gets his own mode.

I've confirmed that there are 5 weapons to collect, each with their own animation, representing all the important guns of the game. Any guesses about what they'll do?

--

If there's a way I can use the power loader? Sure, absolutely, one of the best battles in cinema, no question. But it's not like it makes or breaks the game. Can anyone honestly look at the modes, everything I've just described, and then imagine it all with a bad ass sound package (trust me, the sound is going to be great) and thing "hmm, doesn't really sound like an Alien pin to me".

The future of this game still has things to be worked out. Changing some animations, adding some callouts, tweaking a bit of art, none of that is a big deal. This is stuff that gets figured out later in the game, when we have a game we can show people even. That's normal.

The heavy lifting is all the code, the final testing and development of mechanisms, doing animations, composing music and creating sound effects, etc.

All of that is happening already. You have to approach things in stages is all.

#4469 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

huge xenomorph grabbing the ball

Loader is like the cowbell: need more

PS Bashing the Dino ball grab!?!? sacrilege sir. Out of bounds.

#4470 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Loader is like the cowbell: need more
PS Bashing the Dino ball grab!?!? sacrilege sir. Out of bounds.

design_24_256_1_36_(resized).jpgdesign_24_256_1_36_(resized).jpg

#4471 8 years ago

ahh what a good cartoon that was..

#4472 8 years ago

No Robots? One loses his head and the other is cut in half by the alien queen. I don't see any reference to these iconic characters.

#4473 8 years ago

Im not sure I can think of anything on how the modes will work, other then "shoot the lights"

TWD, made the target bank strategic, and the modes are both repetitive shots and "all lit"

Anything that can be done in code for a mode, that branches the logic, can give multiple ways to "achieve"
Or go to town anywhere, with a strategic play, like TWD targets.

This keeps it from bing like the linear games, and so much can be done...Id leave that to you guys,

Regarding the plastics, the Light emitting plastics, like those that I think PBL put out for whoa nellie, as the one I just received, has them, are exceptional...They truly glow...How RGB works with a white version...I dont know.
My apologies for not having the right words or knowledge, but is it Lesa?
The use of these will really glow hot green like the Egg and stock art from movie, maybe blue, in a space mode, red in battle.
Add clear silicone rubbers to grab this color too.

If UV light can be used or needed in the correct way with code...Awesome!

But with RGB light, I think it would really excel having the plastics, or protectors channel the light, along with the rubbers...
An amazing look, when seen in person.....

Sorry, its late, I hope this makes sense...needed a bit more meds then normal, so I hope I am sharing correctly.

#4475 8 years ago

Is the Queen fight from Aliens not a mode? Surely this is one of the most obvious choices and would include the power loader in some shape or form.

Quoted from Aurich:

Just to be clear I'm not worried about a thing. Feeling good, don't care about haters, just saying, this is the process.

Which plastics do you mean specifically? The outlane guides? They're pretty thin for complicated shape art. And there's already something else planned for the slingshots.

Aurich, do you know if the Queen fight from Aliens is planned for a mode? Surely this is one of the most obvious choices and would include the power loader in some shape or form. Thanks.

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is the Queen fight from Aliens not a mode? Surely this is one of the most obvious choices and would include the power loader in some shape or form.

Aurich, do you know if the Queen fight from Aliens is planned for a mode? Surely this is one of the most obvious choices and would include the power loader in some shape or form. Thanks.

I would have thought this would be one of the wizard modes.

#4477 8 years ago
Quoted from mveightball:

I would have thought this would be one of the wizard modes.

You might be right but the titles of the wizard inserts don't seem to indicate this. The most obvious place for the Queen battle is 'meltdown', possibly this includes the fight with newt? It would have been nice to see the continued final battle on board the Sulaco where Bishop helps out.

#4478 8 years ago
Quoted from voodle:

No Robots? One loses his head and the other is cut in half by the alien queen. I don't see any reference to these iconic characters.

Sure hope so man! Old Lance may come a bit cheaper than big time avatar Ripley...He was in that gem of a screenplay called "Pumpkinhead" afterall...

#4479 8 years ago

Just caught up on this thread, been too busy lately to be here much, first impressions of the playfield artwork were not positive, especially the "cartoony" parts in the center. I much preferred the updated version that someone did a few pages back with those aspects removed, definitely thought it was addition by subtraction, and then saw the player perspective that someone else did, put that with the updated version and I think you have a winner!

#4480 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok, ok....I'm just playin' around here....

full-playfield_T2a_72_(resized).jpgfull-playfield_T1_72_(resized).jpg

If this is a joke it's really funny.
If not, it's kind of sad.

#4481 8 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

If this is a joke it's really funny.
If not, it's kind of sad.

Just goes to show we are in safe hands

#4482 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've confirmed that there are 5 weapons to collect, each with their own animation, representing all the important guns of the game. Any guesses about what they'll do?

Ok I'll make a guess here. I can think of 7 different weapons from the films. All they really had in Alien was that weak cattleprod & the flamethrower, so I'd guess that all the weapon references will come from Aliens.

Perhaps certain modes will require certain weapons (Tunnel Escape = Flamethrower, Bug Hunt Multiball, etc), so you may have to collect the weapon first before the mode will start? Or perhaps you may start a mode with a limited amount of ammo & have to knock down the drops to reload? If the mode is timed that might get pretty stressful, especially with the motion tracker sound getting faster.

1) M41A Pulse Rifle - No brainer here
M41A_PULSE_RIFLE_(resized).jpgM41A_PULSE_RIFLE_(resized).jpg

2) M56 Smart Gun - LET'S ROCK!!
M56_SMART_GUN_-_LET'S_ROCK!_(resized).jpgM56_SMART_GUN_-_LET'S_ROCK!_(resized).jpg

3) M240 Flame Thrower - For keeping Aliens at a distance & torching eggs/facehuggers
M240_FLAMETHROWER_(resized).jpgM240_FLAMETHROWER_(resized).jpg

4) Ithaca 37 Shotgun - For close encounters......EAT THIS!!
ITHACA_37_SHOTGUN_-_EAT_THIS!_(resized).jpgITHACA_37_SHOTGUN_-_EAT_THIS!_(resized).jpg

5) VP70 Handgun - Pretty weak weapon, not sure if they'll include this one or not
VP70_HANDGUN_(resized).jpgVP70_HANDGUN_(resized).jpg

6) Pump Action Grenade Launcher - Part of the Pulse Rifle, so technically not a standalone weapon
GRENAGE_LAUNCHER_(resized).jpgGRENAGE_LAUNCHER_(resized).jpg

7) UA571-C Remote Sentry - I think these have their own multiball mode so you probably won't have to collect it.
UA571-C_REMOTE_SENTRY_(resized).jpgUA571-C_REMOTE_SENTRY_(resized).jpg

#4483 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ok I'll make a guess here. I can think of 7 different weapons from the films. All they really had in Alien was that weak cattlepod & the flamethrower, so I'd guess that all the weapon references will come from Aliens.

Got them all. Grenade launcher doesn't count, since it's not separate, and sentry guns have their own multiball, so not collectable, so that's 5.

Handgun isn't a strong weapon, but the scenes it's included in is too good to not make it count.

As for any power loader questions, it's too early to say what role it will play. It's useless without a driver.

#4484 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Got them all.

Sweet! What do I win?

I'm still curious how the guns will relate to the modes though. I think it makes sense to reload them, via hitting the drops or perhaps that "recharge" target?

#4485 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ok I'll make a guess here. I can think of 7 different weapons from the films. All they really had in Alien was that weak cattlepod & the flamethrower, so I'd guess that all the weapon references will come from Aliens.
Perhaps certain modes will require certain weapons (Tunnel Escape = Flamethrower, Bug Hunt Multiball, etc), so you may have to collect the weapon first before the mode will start? Or perhaps you may start a mode with a limited amount of ammo & have to knock down the drops to reload? If the mode is timed that might get pretty stressful, especially with the motion tracker sound getting faster.
1) M41A Pulse Rifle - No brainer here
M41A_PULSE_RIFLE_(resized).jpg
2) M56 Smart Gun - LET'S ROCK!!
M56_SMART_GUN_-_LET'S_ROCK!_(resized).jpg
3) M240 Flame Thrower - For keeping Aliens at a distance & torching eggs/facehuggers
M240_FLAMETHROWER_(resized).jpg
4) Ithaca 37 Shotgun - For close encounters......EAT THIS!!
ITHACA_37_SHOTGUN_-_EAT_THIS!_(resized).jpg
5) VP70 Handgun - Pretty weak weapon, not sure if they'll include this one or not
VP70_HANDGUN_(resized).jpg
6) Pump Action Grenade Launcher - Part of the Pulse Rifle, so technically not a standalone weapon
GRENAGE_LAUNCHER_(resized).jpg
7) UA571-C Remote Sentry - I think these have their own multiball mode so you probably won't have to collect it.
UA571-C_REMOTE_SENTRY_(resized).jpg

So were talking about modes for the guns in every one of your pictures here, what about the folks holding these weapons?

Is it more about me as the player using these weapons against the Aliens?

So for instance, when I'm in Smart gun mode, do I yell out, "Let's Rock!"

#4486 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is a cool idea!

#4487 8 years ago

I would expect the more powerful weapons to kill the aliens faster, even more so if they were the right weapon for the right mode. If so there would be incentive to collect the correct weapon before or during a specific mode.

I always liked the arcade games that had "power ups" to collect.

#4488 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As for any power loader questions, it's too early to say what role it will play. It's useless without a driver.

Can't you have a generic looking character in there that looks a bit similar to someone we know.....

#4489 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can't you have a generic looking character in there that looks a bit similar to someone we know.....

Angling to get your face in the new Aliens game, eh Ted?

#4490 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Angling to get your face in the new Aliens game, eh Ted?

Ted Ripley does have a nice ring to it.

#4491 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I can't, no. I already tried something like that.

Depending on how the negotiations go I will keep the power loader in mind though.

#4492 8 years ago
Quoted from Kylo_Ren:

Anyone else hear Alien will use 8 balls instead of 4? Can anyone at Heighway confirm? Heard it from a reliable source.

Guess who?

#4493 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude....All of that is happening already. You have to approach things in stages is all.

Man, you are so patient and understanding. You give the forums all the details, and complaining ad nauseum ensues....you don't and complaining ad nauseum ensues. Seriously, kudos to you, Aurich. Won't deny, I would not have the kind of patience you have shown. You guys just nearly cannot win.

See that "Deactivated" directly below his name...?

Rumor around the campfire is accounts have been getting frozen lately.....it's the little things in life .

#4494 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, you are so patient and understanding.

I delete a few posts before hitting "Send post".

#4495 8 years ago

Where there's a will there's a way. You don't think this is actually Harrison Ford on the Indiana Jones translight do you? Go 44 minutes into this video for the details. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/48531357

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4496 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Depending on how the negotiations go I will keep the power loader in mind though.

....face can be hidden by a shadow. Or look at Indy...face hidden by a gun...

#4497 8 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

Where there's a will there's a way. You don't think this is actually Harrison Ford on the Indiana Jones translight do you? Go 44 minutes into this video for the details. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/48531357

image_(resized).jpeg

Interesting! Important to note Mark's clarification that there was no problem with it "only because there were prior posters and things done where he had the same attitude." Had he been keen and offered a reasonable amount of money but WMS didn't want to pay the fees then it may not have gone over well with the license holders.

#4498 8 years ago

Just the thought of the bottom of the game pulsating outward and making that sound is getting me excited!

#4499 8 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

image_(resized).jpeg

Well, thanks for ruining Indy for me.

#4500 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

....face can be hidden by a shadow. Or look at Indy...face hidden by a gun...

"Home Improvement" struggled for years and years to get the personality rights to Wilson, but to no avail.

Wilson_(resized).jpgWilson_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.