• 24,687 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Durzel
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,844 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
20190621_225940.jpg
image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 494.
#7201 2 years ago

Note to self aliens is spelled this way lol. But seriously what do you guys think?

#7202 2 years ago

For the record here's how the insert lines up on the art file, perfectly aligned. (There's a separate white mask layer, so some things on this that are white are actually transparent.)

taget-gate (resized).jpg

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Lines up with the hole. Left target seems to be leaning to the right. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can see that as clear as day.

rd

#7204 2 years ago

I like the new alignment even better
Not an actual playfield

#7205 2 years ago

Preferred old chestburster new one looks like a bit like a sock puppet. IMO

#7206 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

left bullseye insert still doesnt line-up with the green stand-up target like the right one does.

Let it go man.

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yeah, but that's because the stand-up target is not centered in the playfield hole, the stand-up could be moved a little to the left.

I think the playfield should be moved to the right.

#7208 2 years ago

I agree the comment about the artwork not lining up is petty and was unnecessary. That said, it is no different than the criticism inflicted on the artwork of Stern, JJP, Spooky, et al.

#7209 2 years ago

We're seeing a pre-production machine. It's not going to be perfect. I'm happy to see any photos!

#7210 2 years ago

image (resized).png

#7211 2 years ago

and....zoom out...

zoom_out (resized).jpg

#7212 2 years ago

Ed likes Aliens!

#7213 2 years ago

Exactly! Now that's all I see.

Quoted from PinPatch:

Preferred old chestburster new one looks like a bit like a sock puppet. IMO

#7214 2 years ago

any recent updates when this will be shipping? I need to time of a few sales properly to fund it.

#7215 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

any recent updates when this will be shipping? I need to time of a few sales properly to fund it.

Reveal at Expo, so shipping late in the year or early next year?

#7217 2 years ago

http://www.pinballexpo.net

I seem to recall reading that the Heighway presentation is scheduled for Oct 13th, though I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

#7218 2 years ago

awesome thanks!

#7219 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

You are absolutely right.
We use invididual PCBs for switches and LEDs on prototypes and pre-production units. These will always have way more wire than the production units that have switches and LEDs mounted on large PCBs.

I'm curious why these 'pre-production' units would not be the shakedown phase for your wiring and electronics? You stated previously you plan to go right from these three (now 2) games in August to building production games in Sept. This looks like your first full fitting of the manufactured parts, but no proto/sample builds of the wiring/PCBs before you plan to start building production games?

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm curious why these 'pre-production' units would not be the shakedown phase for your wiring and electronics? You stated previously you plan to go right from these three (now 2) games in August to building production games in Sept. This looks like your first full fitting of the manufactured parts, but no proto/sample builds of the wiring/PCBs before you plan to start building production games?

We have had a working prototype for quite a while now, and many things are already bolted on to the game.

These pre production units will have everything on them that should be there. We are making three of these games now.

Following this, we will probably build another 10 games in September - and these will include the mapped circuit boards. These games will be used for testing and promotional purposes.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

As soon as we receive approval from FOX, we begin production immediately. Parts orders will be waiting for that green light.

The plan is to begin production in September and to begin shipping games by the end of October

#7221 2 years ago

What kind of gameplay presentation is planned for Expo? I will likely not get a chance to play one of these until Texas, but was hoping to get an idea with gameplay video. I would suggest reaching out to dead_flip here as he is in Chicago to stream gameplay of it. I'd tune in for that as a potential customer for sure.

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I would suggest reaching out to dead_flip here as he is in Chicago to stream gameplay of it. I'd tune in for that as a potential customer for sure.

That is a GREAT idea! I would love to see Jack get a couple of hours to stream ALIEN and really show us what it can do.

#7223 2 years ago

I'D LOVE to showcase this pin! Hollar at me, deadflipinfo@gmail.com

#7224 2 years ago

+1 for sure for Deadflip doing a stream of the game.

#7225 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

+1 for sure for Deadflip doing a stream of the game.

^

#7227 2 years ago

I didn't read the entire thread, do they have rights to all the audio clips from the movie? I'm hoping at the end of my last ball I hear "Game over man, Game over!"

#7228 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I didn't read the entire thread, do they have rights to all the audio clips from the movie? I'm hoping at the end of my last ball I hear "Game over man, Game over!"

The rights of the actors also need to be purchased along with the license. So if an actor is too expensive it will probably not "show" in the game. That's why you don't hear Keanu Reeves's voice in BSD lol

#7229 2 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

The rights of the actors also need to be purchased along with the license. So if an actor is too expensive it will probably not "show" in the game. That's why you don't hear Keanu Reeves's voice in BSD lol

His character and voice are in the game. He's even in the credits if you let the attract sequence run.

#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

They have the rights to the dialog, but it'll be re-recorded by Larry the Cable Guy.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's been announced precisely which audio and video clips will be in the game, or which Heighway has rights to use if it wants to. All clips and sound will have to be approved by Fox as part of the overall package. And depending on what type of contracts the Alien/Aliens actors signed with Fox back in the day, Heighway may also need separate approvals from the actors for likeness rights.

But it's safe to assume Heighway will do its best to get key phrases into the game, and since Bill Paxton had so many of those lines (game over, express elevator to hell, we just got our assess kicked, bug hunt, etc.) and probably isn't super-expensive to license these days, I imagine if they can get any rights to use video and sound at all, we'll be seeing a fair bit of him in the game!

#7231 2 years ago

Assuming Fox approvals go smoothly I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the audio work David Thiel has done for this game.

#7232 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Assuming Fox approvals go smoothly I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the audio work David Thiel has done for this game.

Really hope the approvals go smoothly. I have been thinking about pre-ordering an LE ever since it was announced, but I need to see more first. Hurry up Fox!

#7233 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Assuming Fox approvals go smoothly I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the audio work David Thiel has done for this game

In case someone has not seen this:

I think aurich is absolutely right.
Just small clips but you can imagine the awesomeness
Cheers

#7234 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the audio work David Thiel has done for this game.

That's a high bar around here. Because of certain members and because David T is expected to deliver an intense, tension building, ground trembling experience that is delivered in a crisp, crystal clear manner. All right then, can't wait

#7235 2 years ago

I just hope this unique warning klaxon along with the T-minus count down makes it into the pin. Imaging this with the yellow beacons on top of the LE disorienting and flooding the room while I'm frantically trying to nail a shot. Ohhh yeah...

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I just hope this unique warning klaxon along with the T-minus count down makes it into the pin. Imaging this with the yellow beacons on top of the LE disorienting and flooding the room while I'm frantically trying to nail a shot. Ohhh yeah...
» YouTube video

There is no way that WON'T make it in the game. It'll be there.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

In case someone has not seen this:
» YouTube video
I think aurich is absolutely right.
Just small clips but you can imagine the awesomeness
Cheers

Hory shet! Show us some gameplay already!!

#7238 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hory shet! Show us some gameplay already!!

Amen.

#7239 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's a high bar around here. Because of certain members and because David T is expected to deliver an intense, tension building, ground trembling experience that is delivered in a crisp, crystal clear manner. All right then, can't wait

Working with David is such a pleasure. Until this game is done and approved I don't like talking about the details, but the work he's done is up to the bar, no question.

#7240 2 years ago

I am really looking forward to gameplay. FT is an enjoyable and unique game. I see lots of potential here. it will probably be Texas in the spring for me, but I'm confident there will be a working game there ready for play.

#7241 2 years ago

When Heighway releases it's games is is code usually 100% complete, or is it just about there, or is it like some Stern games where it is a work in progress for a year or so?

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When Heighway releases it's games is is code usually 100% complete, or is it just about there, or is it like some Stern games where it is a work in progress for a year or so?

Game code is fully functional on Full Throttle. Everything you see on the playfield has been programmed in.

Also Heighway Pinball will look at any feedback from their customers and if valuable it might be implemented in future code. Of course Heighway Pinball will also implement any improvements they have identified themselves. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds to get an impression of the feedback from customers and involvement of Heighway Pinball.

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Game code is fully functional on Full Throttle. Everything you see on the playfield has been programmed in.
Also Heighway Pinball will look at any feedback from their customers and if valuable it might be implemented in future code. Of course Heighway Pinball will also implement any improvements they have identified themselves. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/full-throttle-what-we-like-in-future-software-builds to get an impression of the feedback from customers and involvement of Heighway Pinball.

Is scoring balanced so that there isn't something worth way more than (it should be, or) everything else?

#7244 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The main programmer on Alien for the actual rules is Joe Schober (Brian Dominy is programming too, but Joe is lead on the actual rules and player facing parts). Both Joe and Brian are (good) competitive players, and serious about game code. Love working with them too.

Again, approvals process, too early to get into details, etc, but I expect the game to ship "complete", meaning there won't be any inserts that do nothing. If I can be permitted to fire a childish shot there won't be any features like picking a city that mean nothing for a year. Multiballs, modes, mini wizards, final wizard, should all be there.

So it will be a 'real' game, with plenty to do.

I also expect (this is not me promising anything, just giving my personal opinions!) some solid code updates later. We're waiting to play the final game too, just like the rest of you. There will be new ideas I'm sure, and also balance tweaks and the like.

You pick your movie at the start of a game, Alien and Aliens play a little differently, the scoring between them is achieved a little differently, but Joe is trying to keep it balanced. I'm sure tournament players will still have a favorite strategy that balances risk and reward for points, but home players should feel like they can play either film to start. And obviously on a good game you're trying to finish both, in either order. That will take some testing, and real world feedback seems pretty helpful to that too.

Everyone wants this game to be viable for home collectors, location play, and tournament usage. We all do those things ourselves.

#7245 2 years ago

Good to know that the programmers are looking at those three aspects when designing the rules and scoring. Looking forward to a full reveal and gameplay.

#7246 2 years ago

this is the pin i am anxious for right now and nothing out there will give me my fix till i get this alien pin. heck i might throw my gble outa the arcade to make room for this.

#7247 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

this is the pin i am anxious for right now and nothing out there will give me my fix till i get this alien pin. heck i might throw my gble outa the arcade to make room for this.

I'm really excited for it as well. I want to see everything, but what has me the most curious right now is how that left outlane works. Looks like there is a center post in there so you can save a lot of stuff in there if the game is set up nice.

#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Or never completed at all...

#7249 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm really excited for it as well. I want to see everything, but what has me the most curious right now is how that left outlane works. Looks like there is a center post in there so you can save a lot of stuff in there if the game is set up nice.

Those two arrow inserts there say REVIVE, and if they're lit you get a ball save from that side. So if only one is lit you gotta nudge to make sure the ball falls on the right side, because as you noted there are some posts and rubbers there.

I forget how you light them, I'd have to dig into the rules doc.

#7250 2 years ago

So works like the Free Spins on WoF?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
There are 24687 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside