• 24,858 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,864 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg
07445D35-9F91-4590-9914-57FDDA690747 (resized).jpeg
D09745A7-95CD-4576-AA7E-88E1EF02E6AA (resized).jpeg
AEDE433F-D01E-4758-9089-F84807756690 (resized).jpeg
71A48A9B-1FFA-4761-8F8A-3CF514A5E4A9 (resized).jpeg
6FE7CC81-88E9-43CD-AA7A-46024E118C7B (resized).jpeg
E9D0CD76-07B8-40A2-95C0-9F9A6628AC0A (resized).jpeg
89006E32-605F-44EE-A01D-AF7DE43870DE (resized).jpeg
Through (resized).JPG
4842E1BF-995A-4668-9732-CA12FB7194AB (resized).jpeg
7741AAFD-69CD-4683-B1E1-5A6D5CF8C059 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24858 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 498.
#5301 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think coins are the more common thing in UK so I can understand them not having them at the start.

It's not a common or not issue, there hasn't been paper currency smaller than the £5 note since the 80's and never smaller than €5. I don't know why the US still prints $1 bills, even Canada doesn't go smaller than a $5 anymore.

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It's not a common or not issue, there hasn't been paper currency smaller than the £5 note since the 80's and never smaller than €5. I don't know why the US still prints $1 bills, even Canada doesn't go smaller than a $5 anymore.

Because we Americans refuse to bow to pressure from "big nickle," of course.

#5303 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I don't know why the US still prints $1 bills

Two reasons:

1) $1 and $2 bills cost 5.5 cents to make; $1 coins cost 10 cents to make

2) Americans do not want to give up the $1 bill. We like our paper money. Think of all the places where dollar bill validators would have to be replaced. Cost is too high to make that "forklift upgrade".

#5304 3 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

And the comparative lifespan is...?

Quoted from Half_Life:

2) Americans do not want to give up the $1 bill. We like our paper money. Think of all the places where dollar bill validators would have to be replaced. Cost is too high to make that "forklift upgrade".

I hear you, but we're a decade behind on chip & pin and that 'cost is too high' argument backfired spectacularly there. All those validators need updated every time they change the other denominations, how is this different?

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey really, I'm with the stripper's lobby on this one. I can't afford to be making it rain fivers and besides, where would I put my coins?

#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

And the comparative lifespan is...?

I hear you, but we're a decade behind on chip & pin and that 'cost is too high' argument backfired spectacularly there. All those validators need updated every time they change the other denominations, how is this different?

I think the fact that people use cheques still is the most extraordinary thing ...

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the fact that people use cheques still is the most extraordinary thing ...

image_(resized).jpeg

#5308 3 years ago

Well, now I know why they picked that date... <duck & run>

#5309 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Well, now I know why they picked that date... <duck & run>

Big Lebowski was released 1998. The 9/11 date on the check was totally random.

But I find the fact he's writing a 0.69 cent check to pay for Half&Half far more interesting.

Back to Aliens...

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Back to Aliens...

Oh there's some news...oh nope never mind again.

#5311 3 years ago

Any idea on when we are getting an update? Need something.

#5312 3 years ago

I get the feeling that the next time we'll see something significant is when they can show us PF, plastics, toys and EVERYTHING that isn't final LCD stuff.

Honestly, I'd prefer that too. It's been long enough now since anything major has been revealed (playfield) that it'd pay to wait a little bit more and show everything together.

#5313 3 years ago

I just want my full throttle to ship to me !! Well , that and alien news

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I get the feeling that the next time we'll see something significant is when they can show us PF, plastics, toys and EVERYTHING that isn't final LCD stuff.
Honestly, I'd prefer that too. It's been long enough now since anything major has been revealed (playfield) that it'd pay to wait a little bit more and show everything together.

You would pay to wait?

64899366[1]_(resized).jpg

#5315 3 years ago

For those saying that getting rid of all the Dollar Bill validators would be a big cost: nope. Those DBVs are a *huge* cost for US vending compared to countries that have reasonable currency and don't need them. If you like paper money so much, why do you have quarters? As I understand it, Big Vending lobbies for the introduction of $1 coins (or more to the point, phasing out the $1 bill), because they understand that.

Quoted from Half_Life:

$1 coins last ~25 years, $1 bills last one. Next?

Re: cheques. I have friends age about 30 in multiple countries who have never seen a cheque in their lives. Not a single one. Even your tax refund comes as a bank transfer.

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Big Lebowski was released 1998. The 9/11 date on the check was totally random.

Must not have been funny if I have to explain it. I was suggesting certain hijackers were Big Lebowski fans.

#5317 3 years ago

Today would be a great day for a major update Heighway. Just sayin'

#5318 3 years ago

Any day is a great day for an update on Alien.

And the best day will be when the update is: "Hello, I'm at your doorstep with the package. Please open the door."

#5319 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do believe the change is coming for heighway to a 2 coin door WITH a DBV. We are game #41 so I am still OK with cutting them a little slack. They did reengineer the trough to be positioned differently so a DBV will fit (at least that is how I understand it). Lats I was told, Alien will come with a door that accepts a DBV.
I think coins are the more common thing in UK so I can understand them not having them at the start. Heighway has been AMAZING about making adjustments so I am sure this is something that will happen also.

Whysnow, this is a problem for me as well, especially since I have the game set on $1 a game, takes forever to dump all those quarters in.

When I spoke with Heighway about some of my issues, I mentioned this. They told me that they are aware of the issue and are currently working on getting new doors for us US folks that has a dollar bill acceptor. They said this was probably still 3-4 weeks out though.

I was originally going to use a dremel and cut a hole out, but there isn't a way to even wire up the bill acceptor currently, which is why they are working on a new door. I would just hold out for a few more weeks instead of trying to order a new door, I fear you will still have the problem of having no way to hook it up. Just my .02

#5321 3 years ago

OOOhhhhh...that looks fun

#5322 3 years ago

The motion tracker is in the same spot...and they got Ripley! Sweet.

#5323 3 years ago

Is Ripley going to be in the game?

Looks like Zen pinball has her.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/aliens-vs-pinball-trailer

#5324 3 years ago

If you guys havent played this, you owe it to yourselves to... it's very well done. Can't wait for the Zen game either.

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

If you guys havent played this, you owe it to yourselves to... it's very well done. Can't wait for the Zen game either.
» YouTube video

Cool! The Zen one looks great! Awesome use of the license!

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

image_(resized).png

#5326 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

» YouTube video

I like the motion tracker in the apron.

#5327 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I like the motion tracker in the apron.

There's vid clips from the movie depending on what's happening too. Pop bumpers give off pulse rifle sound with Aliens shrieking. Really like when they get close and the power's cut to the upper playfield. Makes things really tense.

#5328 3 years ago

Too much art on the PF...it's really taking down the immersion.

#5330 3 years ago

I like it. the games from zenpinball are not much creative but still they are nice to play. Allways the same layout with crap on top.
I wish you could nudge normaly without getting a warning lol

Anyway... I bet hp's alien pin will blow our minds when we see it in action. Finger drumming on that

#5331 3 years ago

Hassanchop...love the Avatar!

#5332 3 years ago

I can't get into those Zen games at all. To me, the only thing worthwhile about "virtual" pinball is checking out a REAL pinball machine that I've never played before. Tapping a screen or pressing a controller button to flip a ball is not fun or rewarding and the tiny bit of flipper lag sucks.

That said, the Alien playfield should look like a Zen design.

#5333 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of circulating PENNIES as well!

#5334 3 years ago

I love Zen pinball but its a videogame not pinball, it would the same as comparing real bowling or golf vs the videogame, I can't do my dance moves when making intricate shots, I can't push the pin then curse and walk away so many key elements are lost in the transition even with a full sized virtual pin cab its miles apart so the first thing is to treat virtual and real pinball as they should be completely different experiences and then enjoy both, do I want future pinball machines to emulate what we get from Zen in real physical form? well certainly but for now I'm happy having both.

apple-and-orange_(resized).jpg

#5335 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can't get into those Zen games at all. To me, the only thing worthwhile about "virtual" pinball is checking out a REAL pinball machine that I've never played before. Tapping a screen or pressing a controller button to flip a ball is not fun or rewarding and the tiny bit of flipper lag sucks.
That said, the Alien playfield should look like a Zen design.

Try TimeShock (the new updated version). It's really, really good.

#5336 3 years ago

I loved Big Race USA that was released years ago.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5337 3 years ago

I liked Big Race a lot too. I also noticed it's almost the exact PF layout of Judge Dredd. You can do figure eight's on the upper PF on both

#5338 3 years ago

Wait, is this the Heighway Aliens thread or the virtual pinball thread?

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I liked Big Race a lot too. I also noticed it's almost the exact PF layout of Judge Dredd. You can do figure eight's on the upper PF on both

Oh wow, good call! Maybe that's why I like Dredd so much!

Back on topic, who's excited for some Zen Pinball!

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you got some heighway news you'd like to share?

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

» YouTube video

Wasn't that virtual table made by one of the guys on the Heighway team? Pretty sure I'm right, but not sure if it was Russell or Dave

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Aliens IS a virtual pinball machine. Virtually nothing has been shown.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Aliens IS a virtual pinball machine. Virtually nothing has been shown.

ahahahahahahah

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Have you got some heighway news you'd like to share?

No, I'm just here to get Rascal's take on the latest virtual tables from Zen, but I found the thread title misleading.

#5346 3 years ago

Derailment_(resized).jpg

#5347 3 years ago

Andrew, when will we see the LE playfield artwork?

#5348 3 years ago

943790_1215579475120886_2444988075982912870_n_(resized).jpg

#5349 3 years ago

alienchestbanana_(resized).jpg

#5350 3 years ago

Did you use that DERAILMENT photo because it looks like the Alien Ship???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,000 (Firm)
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
There are 24858 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 498.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside