zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 601.
#16101 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Remember when JJP was getting the factory ready for WOZ? A lot goes into setting up a production line for pinball machines.

Yep exactly. Looks like they build five games from start to finish, then move on to the next five. Looks like a bunch of dudes in a garage, not a manufacturing facility when they have the capability to crank out orders. But what do I know.

Spooky knows how to do it right in a small manufacturing setup, but you can't even put Heighway in their class.

#16102 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

From looking at these pics, I'm surprised no one has mentioned that it looks like the same manufacturing line setup, like when Andrew was running things. Really? I still don't see how they can crank out a high volume of pins (100/month) on a line like that. Looks boutique to me.

That's only 5 pins a day. If Spooky can build 2 pins a day then Heighway should be able to manage 5 no problems. You don't need a production line, just good workstations.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Funny that the best thing this pin has going for it is layout design & great code/sounds. Everything else is an uncertainty. Shame. Hope they pull it off long term, but I'm doubtful.

And this is how far away from reality we and this thread have gotten. We're bashing a pin that has a great layout and great code/sound?Not much else matters...

#16103 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

That's only 5 pins a day. If Spooky can build 2 pins a day then Heighway should be able to manage 5 no problems. You don't need a production line, just good workstations.

How many pins has Heighway built in the last 5 years? Just over a hundred or so? Please. Don't even compare them to Spooky right now. That's laughable.

Quoted from sed6:

We're bashing a pin that has a great layout and great code/sound?Not much else matters...

If the pin has questionable build quality, is severely overpriced, and has lousy manufacture support, then yes... it matters.

#16104 6 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

We're bashing a pin that has a great layout and great code/sound?

Code and sound work: appear to be top notch.
great layout? i beg to differ.

given time, people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability. what are they? i guess you'll just have to wait. i can't see spending the energy on the subject unless the machines are actually produced.

#16105 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what are they? i guess you'll just have to wait.

ooooh. cryptic. I love a good cliffhanger.

#16106 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

given time, people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability. what are they? i guess you'll just have to wait. i can't see spending the energy on the subject unless the machines are actually produced.

I'm curious, can you divulge some hints?

#16107 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

At least in the P3's case, had we held off presenting anything until the project was completed, we wouldn't ever have shown it. Being a bootstrapped company and choosing not to fund operations from pre-orders, Multimorphic exists today largely because of the developers who came on board as a result of our showing it in public. So, a bit of a catch-22.
I agree with the overall point though. Now that we're shipping machines and making good on all of our promises, we can stop making new promises and simply design and then sell fun games.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

My P3 is flying to Heathrow on Tuesday. It's been a long wait, but by now we all know it takes 4-5 years start to finish for a new pin startup. I want to state that Gerry has always been solid and reliable, with regular updates. I was never concerned with P3- quality guys And boy what an exciting groundbreaking product!

#16108 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This huge price increase is going to kill sales.
This game should have never been built in England.

I agree about the price.

BTW the game is not being built in England

#16109 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

England, Scotland, Wales...whatever. We Americans kick ass and take names and sort out what those names mean and their geopolitical significance later...unless we are distracted by a hamburger or a reality TV show.

#16110 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

given time, people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability. what are they?

seriously, WHAT are they? in your opinion of course...

Game is a great shooter with tons of flow, fun and unique shots; plus many of them combo together.

If anything the physical design, layout, and mechs have proven to be a highlight combined with the code.

In fact, given time (even without fully functional light boards in the pre-production machine), the game has shown that people both like and regularly enjoy the physical design and playability/ replay seems to be amazingly solid.

always gotta love the non-opinion opinion. Funny that you think this post gives some sort of suspense and validity to your opinion when in fact it does the opposite.

#16111 6 years ago

It's not a fan layout, not everyone will love it.

#16112 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This whole thread is in a Groundhog Day loop.
BEGIN
10 YAY Alien Pinball
20 Everything is fine
:

Quoted from way2wyrd:

This one compiles
5 CLS
10 PRINT "YAY Alien Pinball"
140 GOTO 10

Remember to rewind your Vic20 tape drive after loading.

#16113 6 years ago

We're going to have to wait until these things ship or not before comparing to anything. With due respect, this machine is far more complex, and a major licensed theme...all of which took time ( which can not be said about some of the other games mentioned here).

Can we not at least be happy they are genuinely trying to get games made, and a theme, that ( well sorry, but truth) absolutely kicks the shit out of anything currently being offered in a sci fi/ horror theme...period. Not a machine out there that this compares to...they know that.

They could have folded shop, told us all to f**k off, and end it. Something to be said for staying the course.

We're all tired of talking about it.....I'm happy they are still fighting the fight....let them get some work done

#16115 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I guess I'll have to wait. You can't spend the energy?
(edited)

#16116 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

You can't spend the energy? What kind of bullshit statements are these. Go pound sand Mr. Know it All.

Take it easy, his hands are very tired ...

#16117 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

My P3 is flying to Heathrow on Tuesday.

Great! Please post a review when you get it, we haven't heard anything yet from the first P3 customers.

#16118 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ooooh. cryptic. I love a good cliffhanger.

Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm curious, can you divulge some hints?

Quoted from Whysnow:

seriously, WHAT are they? in your opinion of course...

i do focus on playfield design and game play ALOT. personally, i do not give the weight to theme, art, sound, lighting, toys, add-ons/modding that is reflected by the amount of discussion these lesser topics receive in NIB threads. it is hard for me to understand how game play/playfield design take such a backseat when they are so highly rated in the 'what's most important to you' thread. Same thing is happening in the TNA thread. There could be so much more discussion about that playfield layout, but nobody wants to talk about it.

2% DMD/LCD animations
6% Theme
6% Light show
6% Artwork
8% Toys
9% Sound package, callout, music, immersive atmosphere
15% Lastability, play again factor
24% Playfield layout, how it plays, how smooth and fun are shots
25% Gameplay, rules

back to alien.
many good things to say about this pin. kudos to those who perservered despite the turmoil. still, i saw a few things i didn't like in the gameplay right away. as of today, that opinion has not changed. while not earth shattering in its own right, the issues i see may have taken time for some people to realize/understand. by heightening awareness, i expect it will move that learning curve forward. it will be quite factual, with most of the info/evidence pulled from some of the 16K+ existing posts. in that respect, it will be organized more like a research paper.

Quoted from kklank:

I guess I'll have to wait. You can't spend the energy?
(edited)

would you really put your effort into something you knew was moot?

the majority of work has been done. it will be posted. and yes, my hands are tired. its the work required to finish that would go to waste if nothing really mattered. the last few weeks have been a VERY slow time for this thread as it is. it will be nice to finally have a little something to talk about.

Hilton, or anyone else willing to send me audits from their machine, it will only help to make for a more comprehensive report.
see post #16071.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

[RE: buffalo NY game] On this particular example the playfield was very dark to the point where you could not see the upper flippers very well.

agreed. the darkness in appearance of the flippers is terrible. the upper right is completely in the shadows. and that game was supposedly lit from above. what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

alienpf01 (2) (resized).jpgalienpf01 (2) (resized).jpg

#16119 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

It's documented in this thread. Be sure to re-read it all.

#16120 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i do focus on playfield design and game play ALOT. personally, i do not give the weight to theme, art, sound, lighting, toys, add-ons/modding that is reflected by the amount of discussion these lesser topics receive in NIB threads. it is hard for me to understand how game play/playfield design take such a backseat when they are so highly rated in the 'what's most important to you' thread. Same thing is happening in the TNA thread. There could be so much more discussion about that playfield layout, but nobody wants to talk about it.
2% DMD/LCD animations
6% Theme
6% Light show
6% Artwork
8% Toys
9% Sound package, callout, music, immersive atmosphere
15% Lastability, play again factor
24% Playfield layout, how it plays, how smooth and fun are shots
25% Gameplay, rules
back to alien.
many good things to say about this pin. kudos to those who perservered despite the turmoil. still, i saw a few things i didn't like in the gameplay right away. as of today, that opinion has not changed. while not earth shattering in its own right, the issues i see may have taken time for some people to realize/understand. by heightening awareness, i expect it will move that learning curve forward. it will be quite factual, with most of the info/evidence pulled from some of the 16K+ existing posts. in that respect, it will be organized more like a research paper.

would you really put your effort into something you knew was moot?
the majority of work has been done. it will be posted. and yes, my hands are tired. its the work required to finish that would go to waste if nothing really mattered. the last few weeks have been a VERY slow time for this thread as it is. it will be nice to finally have a little something to talk about.
Hilton, or anyone else willing to send me audits from their machine, it will only help to make for a more comprehensive report.
see post #16071.

agreed. the darkness in appearance of the flippers is terrible. the upper right is completely in the shadows. and that game was supposedly lit from above. what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

So to clarify, the design flaw of which you speak which will hamper playability is poor/dark lighting?

#16121 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

what happened to the white bats w/orange rubbers?

Boooooom goes the dynamite! The whitewood had different flipper bats.

#16122 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So to clarify, the design flaw of which you speak which will hamper playability is poor/dark lighting?

Holy mackerel! That's the way I understood it as well. To each his own I guess.

#16123 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

It's documented in this thread. Be sure to re-read it all.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Quoted from kklank:

Holy mackerel! That's the way I understood it as well. To each his own I guess.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Boooooom goes the dynamite! The whitewood had different flipper bats.

yuk it up all you want. do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious? i told you to look forward to a dissertation. simply agreeing with a post re: the visability of the flippers was completely unrelated.

need more help regarding the design issue?
if the lead software designer has acknowledged on multiple occasions having to compensate for it, i'd say it's a problem.

#16124 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yuk it up all you want. do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious? i told you to look forward to a dissertation. simply agreeing with a post re: the visability of the flippers was completely unrelated.
if the lead software designer has acknowledged on multiple occasions having to compensate for it, i'd say it's a problem.

#16125 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i do focus on playfield design and game play ALOT. personally, i do not give the weight to theme, art, sound, lighting, toys, add-ons/modding that is reflected by the amount of discussion these lesser topics receive in NIB threads.

I too value how a game shoots and playfield design highest of all. All the other stuff is just stuff.

Alien is quite possibly one of the best laid out playfields of all time and definitely of recent history. It has more shots, more combos, more unique combos, more use of flipper technique (roll pass, tap pass, dead pass, nudge pass, drop catch, tip pass, back hands, diversions, etc...), more player interaction, and more physical risk v reward than almost any game when all combined.

You can go re-read the thread and do your research but this has all been discussed before (with photos and shot maps if you are a visual learner; you did somehow miss the fact that the flippers were changed in color post-production stage so I am guessing you may have missed those other photos also?)

Here is one quick photo just showing the shear amount of player interaction and capability on the playfield physical design.
*not a production pf but you get the idea and this is the same photo shared in this thread that it seems you missed.

Alien shot map (resized).jpgAlien shot map (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16126 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

So the physical design flaw of which you speak is not lighting related? With all due respect, you're writing/talking a lot without actually saying anything. I'm genuinely curious of your opinion here, but I'm not really seeing any detail or specifics of something as significant that it would "severely hamper overall playability". Surely something of this magnitude would be worth elaborating on.

#16127 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yuk it up all you want. do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious?

If you have something to say, let's hear it already.

#16128 6 years ago

An obvious alternate account for a regular, since his only posts are stirring the pot in all of the currently hyped games. Just keep buzzing around whatever you're talking about without actually bee-ing upfront about it.

#16129 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

An obvious alternate account for a regular, since his only posts are stirring the pot in all of the currently hyped games. Just keep buzzing around whatever you're talking about without actually bee-ing upfront about it.

Agreed....the banter is strikingly familiar to a banned pinsider......

#16130 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Just keep buzzing around whatever you're talking about without actually bee-ing upfront about it.

I see what you did there... well done, sir

#16131 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yuk it up all you want.

OK. Thanks. Keep being a vague "expert".

Quoted from greenhornet:

do you guys even discuss anything that is pseudo serious?

Somewhere in the 323 pages there has to be something that will meet your expectations. Like my ranting about about kit pricing for the past week for example.

#16132 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I agree about the price.

Fine, Wales, sorry I was in general country not specific territory. Its still British pound, Wales does not have its own currency yet.
Pricing could kill this, when a product hasnt meet timilines and goals. Changes management, struggles to produce. Ups the cost 25%, your going to lose customers and sales. Pricing could be final nail in coffin for company.
Get your game quick, or you wont get one.

#16133 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Here is one quick photo just showing the shear amount of player interaction and capability on the playfield physical design.

And there are even a few more shots that could be added to your map. For one, I've actually made the RH 180 ramp off of the upper RH flipper a few times...

Later,
EV

#16134 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

people will come to understand there are aspects of alien's physical design that severely hamper overall playability.

please don't read anymore into what i wrote or put words in my mouth. nowhere do i mention the word 'flaw'. use of the word 'physical' refers to the physical playfield, as opposed to a software design choice. use of the word 'playability' refers to 'pinball playability', not the machines ability to function properly. use of the word 'severely' may have been excessive, so if you want to discount that one, go ahead. use of the words 'overall playability' mean that when the game's pinball playability is examined in its totality, some part of it being hampered, not that every aspect of its playability is in question. in fact, i'm already on record as saying:

Quoted from greenhornet:

many good things to say about this pin. kudos to those who persevered despite the turmoil.

what i am going to discuss is simply a design 'choice' that is easily observed and clearly does limit the pinball playability of the game. i already told you it was not 'earth shattering'. it has been mentioned before [but not really discussed], and there is NO DOUBT it would have been brought up again and again as more games become available. so, its nothing new, and nothing players wouldn't discover on their own. either you will be able to overlook it and go on to enjoy the game as it is designed/laid out, or conclude differently.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It has more shots, more combos, more unique combos, more use of flipper technique (roll pass, tap pass, dead pass, nudge pass, drop catch, tip pass, back hands, diversions, etc...), more player interaction, and more physical risk v reward than almost any game when all combined.

Hilton, these are all good points, but none of them have anything to do with the specific aspect i'll be discussing. why not wait until you know what that is before trying to defend. are you going to help by posting your game audits? your machine can help serve as a benchmark for others. echovictor, audits?

i consider myself up to date on what going on in the handful of alien threads. i don't believe i'm missing much of anything. in the end, it will be up to each individual to determine whether they were 'missing' what i have to share. the 'shot map' will be a small part of it. if i felt 2 sentences was enough to do the issue justice, i certainly would have posted them. instead, i'm going into more depth than most and be as comprehensive as possible. it may be TLTR for most, but if you are interested in this title i would hope you take the time to read and comment. then you can tell me how far off base i am.

my point has nothing to do with lighting.
what happened to the white bats with orange rubbers? translates to >> can you see that upper right black bat with green rubbers hiding in the shadows despite be lit from above? nobody who has watched the buffalo stream can honestly answer yes to that question.

#16135 6 years ago

Once, I installed a spotlight on a game.

#16136 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Hilton, these are all good points, but none of them have anything to do with the specific aspect i'll be discussing. why not wait until you know what that is before trying to defend. are you going to help by posting your game audits? your machine can help serve as a benchmark for others. echovictor, audits?

ummm.... why not just spit it out. You have spent more time writing now about your looming announcemnet of an announcement than anyone not debuting a new pinball machine should

What audits are you interested in particular?

#16137 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

please don't read anymore into what i wrote or put words in my mouth. nowhere do i mention the word 'flaw'. use of the word 'physical' refers to the physical playfield, as opposed to a software design choice. use of the word 'playability' refers to 'pinball playability', not the machines ability to function properly. use of the word 'severely' may have been excessive, so if you want to discount that one, go ahead. use of the words 'overall playability' mean that when the game's pinball playability is examined in its totality, some part of it being hampered, not that every aspect of its playability is in question. in fact, i'm already on record as saying:

what i am going to discuss is simply a design 'choice' that is easily observed and clearly does limit the pinball playability of the game. i already told you it was not 'earth shattering'. it has been mentioned before [but not really discussed], and there is NO DOUBT it would have been brought up again and again as more games become available. so, its nothing new, and nothing players wouldn't discover on their own. either you will be able to overlook it and go on to enjoy the game as it is designed/laid out, or conclude differently.

i consider myself up to date on what going on in the handful of alien threads. i don't believe i'm missing much of anything. in the end, it will be up to each individual to determine whether they were 'missing' what i have to share. the 'shot map' will be a small part of it. if i felt 2 sentences was enough to do the issue justice, i certainly would have posted them. instead, i'm going into more depth than most and be as comprehensive as possible. it may be TLTR for most, but if you are interested in this title i would hope you take the time to read and comment. then you can tell me how far off base i am.
my point has nothing to do with lighting.
what happened to the white bats with orange rubbers? translates to >> can you see that upper right black bat with green rubbers hiding in the shadows despite be lit from above? nobody who has watched the buffalo stream can honestly answer yes to that question.

This is ridiculous.....if you're not interested in the game, move on. If you want to inject speculative " fact based" drama, not interested.

You are not adding any value here, quite the opposite....not even opinion based ( more like a " know it all" approach).

The more I read of your posts, the more certain I am of who you are ( or connected to)...Im sure a certain podcast would appreciate your "higher knowledge" on this title, but not in this thread....thanks

#16138 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is ridiculous.....if you're not interested in the game, move on. If you want to inject speculative " fact based" drama, not interested.
You are not adding any value here, quite the opposite....not even opinion based ( more like a " know it all" approach).
The more I read of your posts, the more certain I am of who you are ( or connected to)...Im sure a certain podcast would appreciate your "higher knowledge" on this title, but not in this thread....thanks

I think greenhornet may be writing his thesis dissertation on pinball. Fascinating.

#16139 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ummm.... why not just spit it out. You have spent more time writing now about your looming announcemnet of an announcement than anyone not debuting a new pinball machine should

Indeed. But now I'm curious. greenhornet you might as stop posting until you can publish your paper and we all have something concrete to discuss, otherwise it's just unsubstantiated trash talking of the game.

#16140 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i'm sure you don't want to read/rummage through a rough draft. i still require time to prepare a cohesive presentation. two weeks since the buffalo stream with little news. very quiet. people pretty much waiting. waiting to see what number of machines are going to be hitting stateside in the near term. brits have been discussing the price increases for some time. nobody's going anywhere. no need to rush. timing isn't going to make much of a difference.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Whysnow:

if you guys want another audit dump, just LMK.

rather than list specifics, how about whatever you send joe. i had previously mentioned post number 16071 [youtube video of some audit stats] as an option for displaying info. would also like to see the easy/medium/hard settings used during game play. these were not displayed on the 16071 youtube video. a routed game, at ideal pitch, with significant plays - that info would be nice. i have no ulterior motive, just want to see if it strengthens or weakens my case. happy to use regardless of which direction it takes. whether or not you choose to send anything at this time, you will always be able to compare the metrics i present after the fact to confirm whether certain tendencies may exist for you.

#16141 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i'm sure you don't want to read/rummage through a rough draft. i still require time to prepare a cohesive presentation. two weeks since the buffalo stream with little news. very quiet. people pretty much waiting. waiting to see what number of machines are going to be hitting stateside in the near term. brits have been discussing the price increases for some time. nobody's going anywhere. no need to rush. timing isn't going to make much of a difference.

rather than list specifics, how about whatever you send joe. i had previously mentioned post number 16071 [youtube video of some audit stats] as an option for displaying info. would also like to see the easy/medium/hard settings used during game play. these were not displayed on the 16071 youtube video. a routed game, at ideal pitch, with significant plays - that info would be nice. i have no ulterior motive, just want to see if it strengthens or weakens my case. happy to use regardless of which direction it takes. whether or not you choose to send anything at this time, you will always be able to compare the metrics i present after the fact to confirm whether certain tendencies may exist for you.

sorry but I wont be providing you audit dumps. Your motives are clear and your inability to just plainly say the audits you are so interested in to try and prove some sort of imaginary fault which almost assuradly is more in your head than anything else tells us all what your angle is.

Reality is that the physical design of the game is VERY solid and the code compliments it VERY well. Despite me not caring much for the theme, the game is a shooter dream. Many people have a tough time at first adjusting to the shots but once you fine them, the game is butter smooth and just plain F U N to shoot. Dave did a great job with the overall layout and geometry and Joe did a great job (along with the rest of the code team) to tie it all together.

There is really ONLY one audit that matters and that is the fun factor. I walk in to check on machines and 9/10 times Alien is being played by casuals and players alike. It continues to earn its slot in the lineup and that is despite the light board issues which honestly make is confusing as hell what to shoot for if you dont know the game well. People are still playing it because it is just plain fun geometry and lay out.

#16142 6 years ago

Audits from 1,000 plays by mostly inexperienced (at least with Alien, not necessarily their general pinball skill level) players isn't going to say anything conclusive. Ghostbusters was thought to be the hardest game OMG EVAR!!! in the first few months it was out. More experienced players get time on it in their own homes and the game starts to look much more approachable.

#16143 6 years ago

This IS a pinball game still, right? I usually associate "game" with some amount of fun or enjoyment. In other words, cut the horseshit. Buy it or don't...you're a year or two late with this line of debate anyway. The game is finished. People now just want the game actually produced and delivered. They are satisfied with what they've seen.

A more pertinent, timely topic would be the viability of the company under new management. Write a "thesis" (why??!!!) on that...or better yet, go have some fun instead of trying to suck the fun out of other people.

No offense, but you are coming off like real goofball.

#16144 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The more I read of your posts, the more certain I am of who you are

perhaps this test may work...

#16145 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Indeed. But now I'm curious. greenhornet you might as stop posting until you can publish your paper and we all have something concrete to discuss, otherwise it's just unsubstantiated trash talking of the game.

i agree. not looking to turn things into a dog and pony show. i stated i had something to share and that it will take time to complete. i'm not instigating things at this point.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

i am a nobody, but do consider myself a pinball critic. someone who has played during five decades, knows what he likes, can see what doesn't look right, etc. you want to talk ridiculous, let's talk ridiculous. people are spending ridiculous amounts of money for these games. they should be as informed as possible to any and all circumstances surrounding the purchase of any $6K-9K machine [not just alien]. my observations are exactly that, a point worth considering when it comes to purchasing this title. even if people choose to dismiss it, at least they were aware of it and better prepared to make an informed decision.

while everybody has been discussing theme, art, sound, Andrew's promises, the survival of the company, pricing, it is not surprising that they may miss something in the game play. not everyone is breaking down videos, the history of the playfield's development, and subsequent/ongoing software updates to arrive at a conclusion. if i can point out something that i feel is worthwhile and a help to others in a logical, intelligent, factual manner - i'm going to do it. nobody who is associated with this game - nobody who is an advocate for this game - is going to tell you. who are you going to hear it from??

if you want to SEE who i am, i was among those getting games ready at the museum of pinball last sunday. does anybody in that crowd look they work with/for Kaneda?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca#post-3926811

#16146 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

can you see that upper right black bat with green rubbers hiding in the shadows despite be lit from above?

GASP!!! What a horrible unfixable design flaw.

Swap the flipper bat & rubbers with different colors. Add a spotlight. Drama solved. Get a life dude.

#16147 6 years ago

It must be so profound that he doesn't think we could handle it right now, so he's preparing us for the gut wrenching blow we will all have to suffer, if we so much as look at the game! Doing us all quite a service indeed! Fine young man...

#16148 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i agree. not looking to turn things into a dog and pony show. i stated i had something to share and that it will take time to complete. i'm not instigating things at this point.

i am a nobody, but do consider myself a pinball critic. someone who has played during five decades, knows what he likes, can see what doesn't look right, etc. you want to talk ridiculous, let's talk ridiculous. people are spending ridiculous amounts of money for these games. they should be as informed as possible to any and all circumstances surrounding the purchase of any $6K-9K machine [not just alien]. my observations are exactly that, a point worth considering when it comes to purchasing this title. even if people choose to dismiss it, at least they were aware of it and better prepared to make an informed decision.
while everybody has been discussing theme, art, sound, Andrew's promises, the survival of the company, pricing, it is not surprising that they may miss something in the game play. not everyone is breaking down videos, the history of the playfield's development, and subsequent/ongoing software updates to arrive at a conclusion. if i can point out something that i feel is worthwhile and a help to others in a logical, intelligent, factual manner - i'm going to do it. nobody who is associated with this game - nobody who is an advocate for this game - is going to tell you. who are you going to hear it from??
if you want to SEE who i am, i was among those getting games ready at the museum of pinball last sunday. does anybody in that crowd look they work with/for Kaneda?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-madness-oct-20-22-in-banning-ca#post-3926811

Excellent. When will you have your summary of what you've discovered ready to share?

#16149 6 years ago

I'm going to play the game now and see if I can find it. I'll be sure to post my findings too!

edit: Control + F "Kaneda" finds only one person who referenced that name. Only one other person said something about a podcast. Amazing that this new Pinsider is the only one who mentioned the name. You must really be new here!

#16150 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

The few people that actually have the game seem to like the gameplay. Getting parts, etc is another issue.

That would seem to invalidate your theory that there is a hidden flaw(s) in the PF layout that hinders the player's enjoyment to any significant extent. I know the upper lock shot has been criticized as being "too difficult" but doable.

Still I like reading any calm and rational discussion so please continue. In the future you may want to observe the rules of capitalization. Not capitalizing makes your post seem like one giant run-on sentence. You could say that's a not-so-hidden flaw that hinders my enjoyment

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.