zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 601.
#22351 5 years ago

Follow your heart, not your wallet. Just be aware that once it is gone, it is irretrievable.

#22352 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Follow your heart, not your wallet. Just be aware that once it is gone, it is irretrievable.

I appreciate all the concern, really, but I am following my heart. The money is nice, I'm gonna get whatever I can for it if I'm selling it, because I worked too damn hard to not make the effort, but I don't think people are really listening to me.

I don't want the game. I don't want to look at it. It doesn't make me feel good to own it. It's sitting in my garage right now, and all I'm thinking about is how the big ass box is in the way.

If you want to ease my heart make me a cash offer, I'll start a sale thread at some point too.

#22353 5 years ago

Never mind

#22354 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

For what its worth I bought this from Jim and would have paid up to 15k for it. Since this one is yours, if you were to add a signed translite or something I'm sure you could get over 15k.
With that said, I understand your position but if I were you and had a hand in something as big as the Alien franchise I would keep it. Thats something to possibly tell your kids about and screw any mention of HP.
Best wishes, either way and thanks for your contribution to this game.

I wish I would have known that...I'm Jim.

Just kidding - I hope the game brings you 1000's of happy plays.

#22355 5 years ago

I think you should keep it too. My reasoning is that you will never buy it, ever and you had a part in its creation. I played it at golden state pinball.

The comment I heard mostly was what a shame it's not available for sale.

I say just keep it.
That's just my opinion. Play that sucker.

#22356 5 years ago

Sell the game. It’s presence is giving you stress. Get what you can from it and never have to look at it again.

#22357 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think it looks bad or anything, and I know plenty of people are happy with it, but I hold myself to a certain standard that it didn't really meet. I was forced into things I didn't want to do, and it's just hard to not see it.

Although you don't seem to be acknowledging that your contribution didn't stop at a few art files. You influenced the work of the rest of the team -- Kelly, David, Brian, me -- in a very positive way on a daily basis. If you call it a damn fine package -- which you did -- that's because of you too.

It really makes me sad that it gives you so much angst, but you've gotta make the decision that's right for you. If you decide to sell it (or even if you don't) you're more than welcome at my place anytime you're in this area... we'll have some drinks, play some games, and talk about the actual good times we had building it.

Quoted from sleazius:

How many BBB were originally made? Heighway made fewer of this and it is a better theme than BBB.

Originally? 14. Far rarer than Alien.

#22358 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Although you don't seem to be acknowledging that your contribution didn't stop at a few art files. You influenced the work of the rest of the team -- Kelly, David, Brian, me -- in a very positive way on a daily basis. If you call it a damn fine package -- which you did -- that's because of you too.

Aww, I appreciate it, and I know that you know it, I have nothing but love for the team. I've said it every time someone's given me a mic, and I'll keep saying it, working with you guys was the best part.

In some ways having a designer's eye is a curse. I know people made fun of me for things like complaining about the font on Ghostbusters, but I just can't help but see what I see.

#22359 5 years ago

sell, and let the money work for you in a more positive manner.

oc01 (resized).pngoc01 (resized).png
#22360 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welp, this showed up today. Still not entirely sure what to do with it, gonna sit in the box for the moment. Some damage to the box itself, game inside seems fine, just tore a little hole in the box. Says LE with black trim, haven't confirmed anything.
I've had people asking me if I'll sell it long before I got it, but until it was here I wasn't really ready to think about it. It's a little sad, but right now I'm inclined to turn it into as much cash as I can get for it and feel like I got paid at least something for all that work. I just don't know that I want to look at it every day.
Time to ponder I guess, but in the meantime here's one of the last pieces of the saga, one of the last games made.

Given that it's one more machine than I actually got, my answer is undoubtedly FOR FUCK'S SAKE KEEP IT.

#22361 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sell, and let the money work for you in a more positive manner.

What he said.

You sound passionately against it, and seem to want to put this chapter in your life behind you (understandably I'd say). You'd get a decent amount of money selling it, which could be put towards something you truly love. Right now a boxed up LE already located in the US - that's about as premium a price as you're going to get.

Contrast that with if you keep it - you've got a box sat around reminding you of what happened. If you take it out the box you might find it doesn't even work properly straight away (another grim reminder), or if it does work then it's a case of how long until something goes wrong? Best case scenario you start shaving money off the value through use.

If you could disassociate playing it with what happened to you then I'd say it would be worth holding onto, but it sounds like it's still too raw - and you wouldn't enjoy it. Not enjoying something that is sat there, worth ~$15k on the open market that could be put towards something you would enjoy - it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

#22362 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Originally? 14. Far rarer than Alien.

Sorry, should have specified - the first remake... it was under 200 units from memory. But based on how many Xenomorphs were molded, there are fewer of these.

#22363 5 years ago

Wow $13k us and selling, makes my nib LE for sale at $10k cheap

#22364 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Wow $13k us and selling, makes my nib LE for sale at $10k cheap

Very subtle.

#22365 5 years ago

What a bummer, would have loved to play one or even have a chance to buy a production machine if they were going to be readily made. Does anybody know if a game is in Denver anywhere?

#22366 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I got to play it the Golden Gate Pinball Festival a few weeks ago, that's when I pretty much made up my mind. I just needed the box to get here before I could really deal with it. Glad I got to play a production version before this arrived, made things a lot easier.
I dunno, it's hard to explain really how it all feels, it's such a mixed bag. I was pretty angry for a while, it really ruined my enjoyment of the whole hobby. I've managed to move past it, but just playing the game was like picking at the scabs. On the other hand I'm really proud of what was accomplished still, it's clearly a game made by people who love the theme, and that counts.

For sure. If it wasn't for the extra shit it might be different. For better or for worse I put more of my time and energy than was actually required into this, it became more than a contract gig or art for hire, and that magnified it all.
At the end of the day I think we made a great game, and I understand how people could think I'd want it. There's a good group working on keeping them running, I think it's a pretty safe bet, I feel good about handing it off to someone.

I'm just extremely glad that you got a machine, to do with as you see fit. Completely understand your sentiments and ultimately the desire to potentially create distance from the game. You took an incredible amount of shit on many fronts (undeserved) while trying to help improve/ create a game you couldn't even get your hands on. Hell, one Podcaster's claim to fame came at your expense, and was tied to this game. Not hard to imagine scars will remain.

As an "outsider looking in", you did an amazing job, and the actual machine will always have some of your fabric and positive vibe attached (the airlock screen was your concept, pure and simple), despite the crash and burn at the end. While your "designers eye curse" will always be critical, I suspect it is on everything, as it should. Probably a minor piece in why the game in your garage brings pain.

The final rev is a beautiful, amazing game to play, and hope your healing happens sooner than later. Appreciate the talent and passion you bring to the pinball community. It does come w a price on occasion, as evidenced here.

#22367 5 years ago

Can someone who had a hand in the development of the game, shed some light on the tabs on the end of the ramps that make it look so unfinished. I was assuming they made a change in the placement of the posts, but someone mentioned in another thread that maybe ramp entrance switches were removed after the ramps had already been produced. I'm going to cut them off or maybe mount a toy on them, but they really bug me as is.

#22368 5 years ago

Interesting they don't appear to be in games before the extra screen. I assume they are there for ramp entrance switches that never happened.

22278-Alien-playfield-top-1 (resized).jpg22278-Alien-playfield-top-1 (resized).jpg
#22369 5 years ago

Does anyone have an Alien LE translite they would sell or trade?

I have a numbered Alice in Wonderland translite print that I can trade.

#22370 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Interesting they don't appear to be in games before the extra screen. I assume they are there for ramp entrance switches that never happened.

I was told they were for ramp Entrance Signs that were removed ( like on Full Throttle)

471736D1-AE75-4FF6-9E91-AD0A06B10B21 (resized).jpeg471736D1-AE75-4FF6-9E91-AD0A06B10B21 (resized).jpeg
#22371 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

I was told they were for ramp Entrance Signs that were removed ( like on Full Throttle)

That rings a bell, I think they were scrapped a long time ago, but the tooling stayed. My recollection is that I argued against them as too much clutter, but I could be wrong.

#22372 5 years ago

That's exactly what it was.

#22373 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Wow that sounds like a future mod!

#22374 5 years ago

Thanks for the clarification, all this time I thought they had changed the placement of the rubber posts after making the ramps!! I'll definitely look into mounting something in at least the front ramps flaps, there the ones that bother me the most!

#22375 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I saw an LE listed at $13k just sold, so I dunno about $20k, but as basically the last Alien made it's worth something.

I bet K man would gladly pay the $20k and would consider it a great return on his investment for the publicity that he'd get out of it.

#22376 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I appreciate all the concern, really, but I am following my heart. The money is nice, I'm gonna get whatever I can for it if I'm selling it, because I worked too damn hard to not make the effort, but I don't think people are really listening to me.
I don't want the game. I don't want to look at it. It doesn't make me feel good to own it. It's sitting in my garage right now, and all I'm thinking about is how the big ass box is in the way.
If you want to ease my heart make me a cash offer, I'll start a sale thread at some point too.

Sell the damn thing
No item is with the stress
Even the money from this sale will give you stress
Donate some of it too a good cause close to your heart and the feel good vibe will come and last
Better then this F...ed up machine and whole story line

#22377 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sell the damn thing
No item is with the stress
Even the money from this sale will give you stress
Donate some of it too a good cause close to your heart and the feel good vibe will come and last
Better then this F...ed up machine and whole story line

Sounds like he did sell it (separate thread)

#22378 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Sell the damn thing

The damn thing is sold. The money is definitely not giving me stress, gonna do something for my family with it, feels good.

#22380 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The damn thing is sold. The money is definitely not giving me stress, gonna do something for my family with it, feels good.

Trip to Disneyland and a promise to buy 2000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies this year.

#22381 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Go on a holiday with the family and relax and Enjoy

#22382 5 years ago

You could send the douche bag Andrew these...

#22383 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Trip to Disneyland and a promise to buy 2000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies this year.

If he only has $15k, and he goes to Disneyland, how the hell is he going to afford even a single box of cookies?

#22384 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If he only has $15k, and he goes to Disneyland, how the hell is he going to afford even a single box of cookies?

Takes family pics before leaving for the theme park and packs cooler with all food and drinks. should help enough.

IMG_0349 (resized).JPGIMG_0349 (resized).JPGIMG_0350 (resized).JPGIMG_0350 (resized).JPGIMG_0351 (resized).JPGIMG_0351 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPGIMG_0352 (resized).JPG
#22385 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#22386 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-what-s-my-nib-alien-le-worth#post-4451538

Reading between the lines looks like $12k [EDIT: Derp, thread clearly said the prior sale was $13k and he sold at the same price] for a quick local sale.

Congrats @aurich, I’m sure it doesn’t begin to cover the time you put into the project, but glad you’ve got some cash in your pocket and can put this whole sorry mess behind you.

#22387 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Reading between the lines looks like $12k for a quick local sale.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this some mystery with my comment. Market was set by the other sale at $13k as pinlawyer pointed out, all I asked my buyer for was to match it. They agreed, easy sale.

I won't disclose who the buyer was, but it's staying in Southern California.

I'm not gonna vanish or anything, if there's something I can do to help keep these games running I'm available, but I consider the rest of the process behind me now, and I'm good with that.

#22388 5 years ago

I need to put this debacle in my past too.

Anyone who wants to take control of the Alien Pinball Rules Document (word format) please PM me and the documentation can continue.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22389 5 years ago

That looks like alot of work already done and a nice detail of the rules. Why not post this to tiltforums in the rules section? people will continue to edit it and the document will live on....

Quoted from ezeltmann:

I need to put this debacle in my past too.
Anyone who wants to take control of the Alien Pinball Rules Document (word format) please PM me and the documentation can continue.

#22391 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Good news I’m shipping it to HEP, if anyone can make it perfect, it’s him.
No guarantees, but I have faith.

Good heavens, is something wrong with it?

#22392 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Good heavens, is something wrong with it?

Cabinet damage in transit...he posted pics earlier...pretty severe

#22393 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, I didn't mean to make this some mystery with my comment. Market was set by the other sale at $13k as pinlawyer pointed out, all I asked my buyer for was to match it. They agreed, easy sale.
I won't disclose who the buyer was, but it's staying in Southern California.
I'm not gonna vanish or anything, if there's something I can do to help keep these games running I'm available, but I consider the rest of the process behind me now, and I'm good with that.

Aurich you don't know me from Adam, but I am so glad to see you got your game and did what you felt you had to do with it. Seriously, I'm a little emotional because I have kept track of this whole thing, and now there is at least one positive story.

#22394 5 years ago

After making its trek half way around the world, the Alien LE I purchased from Backflipper has arrived- God bless this pinsider for the work he put in to get these LE's to thier proper state side owners.

Took Cactus Canyon Continued from the mancave and moved it to the garage. I put Alien in its place. I only have a few plays on it so far. My wife was more excited about this pin than I had anticipated.

Love how every shot seems to take some real thought. Its not a game you can just flip away on and expect things to happen.

So far everything plays as it should, except for the usual, like the over powered ball launch. Just need to tweak it.

I had a time where the ball trough kept launching balls. Another time after messing with the settings it couldnt find the balls- all fine after restart. Also noticed that the fiber optics didn't make it on this machine despite it being on the order- Oh well, less light on a game thats supposed to be dark. Just a shame because of the price they were charging for them.

I have a couple questions regarding sound and the shaker motor that I will save for the tech threads. Just kinda feels like it needs more bass n shake.

Thanks again to all the pinsiders that helped make this game happen. This game should be everywhere.

20180620_161551 (resized).jpg20180620_161551 (resized).jpg20180620_161644 (resized).jpg20180620_161644 (resized).jpg20180620_195004 (resized).jpg20180620_195004 (resized).jpg20180620_213802 (resized).jpg20180620_213802 (resized).jpg
#22395 5 years ago

Glad to see you got what you waited for so long.
Have fun and keep it.

#22396 5 years ago

I think only a very few will ever own this game

#22397 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I think only a very few will ever own this game

Between 120 and 200 were made, so yeah.

77 are accounted for by Pinside, roughly 1/3 the production run.

IMG_0383 (resized).PNGIMG_0383 (resized).PNG
#22398 5 years ago

someday i want to powdercoat my standard with the alien green. anyone know the color code? and it looks like taking the glass out of the metal frame looks to be a PIA

#22399 5 years ago

Off topic - but that pinball lift looks awesome. What is it and where can I buy it?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 448 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/448 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.