May 9, 2018
Changes since 1.1:
- Improved ball handling logic when an extra ball is kicked from a ball device by mistake.
- Fixed switch processing bug that could cause switch levels to become inverted when the switch bounces between states very rapidly.
- Fixed occasional lamp bug when entering test mode during a game. Sometimes the game lamps would remain on. They should now always be turned off, except for GI.
- Fixed bug that would cause status of modes played to be lost if test mode was entered during a game.
- Fixed Ambush MB Super Jackpot lights not going away correctly at the end of multiball. The jackpot could not be scored; this only fixes a lighting problem.
- Fixed skill shot not starting if a game is restarted and a ball is already on the shooter.
- Fixed some bugs in the high score table module that would cause a player to be skipped entirely, or for their initials to appear somewhere else in the table.
- Fixed the Reset HSTD action; it was not resetting the game-specific achievements.
- Added some retry logic into the Xenomorph tongue movements to fix occasional problems where it would get stuck until the next ball search.
- Fixed Mother's "Advance Combo Value" award so it actually advances the combo value.
- Fixed bug where aborting the Mother Mystery display effect would not score the mystery award itself.
- Fixed bug where ball would never end if a tilt occurred after a ball was requested from the trough, but before it was actually ejected.
- Fixed bug where incurring a tilt warning at the same time the ball drained would prevent bonus from being awarded.
- Cancelled ball save attempts when the ball is already tilted, or the playfield wasn't validated.
- Skill shot timer will not start until the playfield is validated.
- Increase beacon pulse time during test mode.
- Ball search now runs the xenomorph through a complete ball capture sequence. This should improve the chances that it will reset correctly if a ball is stuck in the jaw or on the magnet.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes clip some of the counters displayed during Ambush MB or Sentry Guns MB.
- Added blinking marker on the playfield diagram during Switch Tests.
- Render Pound Sterling, Euro, and Yen currency symbols.
- In Tests > Coils, the Start button can also be used to activate coils.
- Prevent games from being started if the Tilt bob is stuck closed. An appropriate operator warning message will be shown if this situation occurs.
- Changed text of "Top Playfield Lighting" to "Not Used".
- Added "INSTALL QUAKER" preset to optimize shaker actions for Quaker brand shakers.
- Partial credits accumulated are now displayed on the Dashboard.
- Pressing and holding either flipper will now show the main dashboard while the ball is on the shooter. This is not permitted on ball 1 when the flipper buttons are needed to select a movie. This will allow the player to see status prior to launching the ball.
- Added adjustment "Magnet Fling Pulses", which controls the number of times that the magnet is pulsed after a center shot. Default is now 2 (previously it was 1). Also adjusted default values of other adjustments to improve magnet responsiveness.
- Display timer on Airlock LCD during Loader Battle and Self Destruct.
- Moved point countdown display for hurry-up modes to the Airlock LCD.
- Added "Ambush MB Super JP Timer" adjustment. If set to a non-zero time, this controls when the next Ambush attack wave begins if the Super Jackpot has not been collected. Super Jackpot remains lit but has reduced value. Setting this to zero enables prior behavior where the Super Jackpot must be collected to start the next attack wave.
- Changed behavior of Recharge during Hypersleep Multiball: it now spots a lit jackpot (not Super) instead of increasing shot multipliers.
- Tweaked Hypersleep Multiball scoring.
- More orbit shots are now diverted to the top lanes when Vent 3 is lit for a mode or multiball shot.
- Improved display effect for combo awards.
- Changed text for some Mother and skill shot awards from "advance" to "increase".
- "Increase Combo Value" award now adds more value than before to make combos more lucrative.
- Combos and skill shots are now stopped on any ball drain.
- Skill shots are now stopped by shooting the Airlock.
- Reduced default strength of the Trough Release coil. This can still be customized via Adjustments > Coils.
- Increased duration when exercising the backbox beacons in Coil Test.
- Added Xenomorph loop test.
- Tweaked center magnet behavior to hopefully be better at catching the ball.
- Improved choreography of attract mode.
- Improved choreography of Mother Mystery awards.
- Improved choreography and callouts of Ambush Multiball.
- Improved choreography of Self Destruct.
- Improved choreography of Loader Battle.
- Added fanfares for All Out War lit arrows/weapons/vent shots.
- Added attack & repel lamp and display effects during All Out War.
- Increased brightness of GI lighting during modes, especially near the flippers.
- Rescue hurryup paused while the ball is held up.
- When collecting Extra Ball on the upper ramp, the ball will be briefly held during the Extra Ball animation.