zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 601.
#15501 6 years ago

Update from Facebook

There has been a long silence from us here due to the change of ownership, but we are happy to announce that we are in the final phase of the transition and we are now able to focus more or less entirely on the way forward. A lot of work has been done during the past weeks to prepare for the big step up in the manufacturing of games. While we have in fact been building games all the time it has - so far - been at a slow rate (the picture was taken Friday). As parts are now arriving in bigger volumes, we expect this to change shortly and will keep you posted on progress.

In the meantime, we would like to thank everyone that is patiently waiting for their games to be shipped. As soon as we can, we will reach out and let you know when you should expect your game(s) to be ready.

To those of you who have asked for a refund, most should have been contacted by now and, of those who have, many have received their refund already. Some are still to be contacted however to have your situation sorted. We believe we may have failed to get back to some of you in a timely manner, for which we do apologize, but we are trying our best. There were many payment options used previously and therefore a variety of different solutions required! It has taken a great deal of time to get on top of each one. We aim to have everybody’s situation sorted as soon as possible.

If you do feel left out, or want to ask anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail (send to [email protected]) or by phone (+44 (0)1495 305634).

In general, it has been exceptionally hectic during the transition period as you would expect. While trying our very best to respond to all of you who have contacted us, we may have failed to get back to each and everyone. If you have an unanswered e-mail, please it send again since it is possible that your e-mail has simply got lost in the sheer mass of e-mails received in the past weeks.

We also want to thank our distributors, who are showing great patience and understanding, believing in the potential and quality of our products and us.

More information to follow shortly… stay tuned!

IMG_2559 (resized).JPGIMG_2559 (resized).JPG

#15502 6 years ago

Nice to have a report finally.
An update every Friday would be nice.

#15503 6 years ago

this is one pin i really want to own, hope they can turn it around and deliver some goods!

#15504 6 years ago

I'm glad to see this early before the negativity starts, looks like things are moving forward and that's great news.

#15505 6 years ago

kind of strange to see pins on their legs in a factory. Seems like a lot of extra work to put them on and take them off. Not to mention tough to move them around. But I guess you save money not buying carts to roll them around on.

#15506 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

kind of strange to see pins on their legs in a factory. Seems like a lot of extra work to put them on and take them off. Not to mention tough to move them around. But I guess you save money not buying carts to roll them around on.

Nice to see pins, period.....no way the new group could post anything here without getting crap....

#15507 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Update from Facebook
There has been a long silence from us here due to the change of ownership, but we are happy to announce that we are in the final phase of the transition and we are now able to focus more or less entirely on the way forward. A lot of work has been done during the past weeks to prepare for the big step up in the manufacturing of games. While we have in fact been building games all the time it has - so far - been at a slow rate (the picture was taken Friday). As parts are now arriving in bigger volumes, we expect this to change shortly and will keep you posted on progress.
In the meantime, we would like to thank everyone that is patiently waiting for their games to be shipped. As soon as we can, we will reach out and let you know when you should expect your game(s) to be ready.
To those of you who have asked for a refund, most should have been contacted by now and, of those who have, many have received their refund already. Some are still to be contacted however to have your situation sorted. We believe we may have failed to get back to some of you in a timely manner, for which we do apologize, but we are trying our best. There were many payment options used previously and therefore a variety of different solutions required! It has taken a great deal of time to get on top of each one. We aim to have everybody’s situation sorted as soon as possible.
If you do feel left out, or want to ask anything, please don’t hesitate to contact us via e-mail (send to [email protected]) or by phone (+44 (0)1495 305634).
In general, it has been exceptionally hectic during the transition period as you would expect. While trying our very best to respond to all of you who have contacted us, we may have failed to get back to each and everyone. If you have an unanswered e-mail, please it send again since it is possible that your e-mail has simply got lost in the sheer mass of e-mails received in the past weeks.
We also want to thank our distributors, who are showing great patience and understanding, believing in the potential and quality of our products and us.

Thanks for the update!!!! Looking forward to an LE in the gameroom in the near future

#15508 6 years ago

This game is making a come back!

David Thiel and Ferret still working on this adds to the credibility of the resurgence.

#15509 6 years ago
Quoted from angus:

This will most probably change when they reach the mass production phase. Anyway, good that have an update and see that things are moving forward.

#15510 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Nice to have a report finally.
An update every Friday would be nice.

Well I want my report hand delivered on Alien letterhead AND as a singing telegram.

#15511 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Well I want my report hand delivered on Alien letterhead AND as a singing telegram.

That shall not be sufficient...embossed gold stamp of authenticity, please....

#15513 6 years ago

Very good to see an update.

#15514 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

David Thiel and Ferret still working on this adds to the credibility of the resurgence.

Everything I've seen/read/heard from the new management team in the past month or so points in the right direction. I will again say that I don't have too much more insight into the day-to-day operations in Wales than any of the rest of yuz... but I *can* say there have been a couple hundred software (code and media) file checkins just in the past 3 weeks. Probably fair to say there wouldn't be that much recent activity if we thought we were on a sinking ship.

#15515 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Everything I've seen/read/heard from the new management team in the past month or so points in the right direction. I will again say that I don't have too much more insight into the day-to-day operations in Wales than any of the rest of yuz... but I *can* say there have been a couple hundred software (code and media) file checkins just in the past 3 weeks. Probably fair to say there wouldn't be that much recent activity if we thought we were on a sinking ship.

Your hard work is infinitely appreciated, and can tell your passion for this machine is real. Thank you!!!...cannot wait to finally get the finished product soon....mark

#15516 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not exactly the way Shadow does it, no. But players can activate 2X Playfield Scoring several different ways (spelling DROP SHIP on the ramps, using the Pulse Rifle weapon, or occasionally from Mother), so of course doing that at the right time can be critical to big scores. Also, if you stack multiballs, all jackpots for both multiballs are doubled, and that does combine with 2X Playfield if running. And Super Jackpot values are generally "sum of all Jackpots since last Super"... which does consider the value of any multiplied jackpots along the way. So it's definitely possible to throw down some huge Super Jackpots.
Also also, each multiball has a distinct way of increasing its jackpot values before starting the multiball. I've been futzing with the scoring balance of that in recent weeks... I don't think it was generous enough in the versions of code that are currently in the field. I want advanced players to have a compelling reason to shoot around the playfield before starting multiballs.

Very cool, my understanding is that the only multi balls that can be stacked are sentry gun multiball with another. Good to hear that there are super jackpots too, are they collected in different ways depending on the multiball, like with Shadow or Medieval Madness?

#15517 6 years ago

More good news - my Xeno head and parts are on thier way along with the update above, guys reciving refunds, things are looking up!

#15518 6 years ago

Ranked 25! Way higher than I estimated from the reviews with comments. A little positive momentum going for Alien.

#15519 6 years ago

I'm starting to think I might go loaded SE over the LE, beacons and ramp optics aren't really doing anything for me, translite I won't use and side art I don't care, current deposit would give me anti glare glass, shaker, EL, LCD cover shipping with a little to spare. Mmmmmmm

#15520 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm starting to think I might go loaded SE over the LE, beacons and ramp optics aren't really doing anything for me, translite I won't use and side art I don't care, current deposit would give me anti glare glass, shaker, EL, LCD cover shipping with a little to spare. Mmmmmmm

That's what I ended up doing. I did not care for the look of the fiber optics when they showed them installed a couple months back and didn't feel it fit the darker theme. The art is basically a non-factor with the large screen. So I was really paying for powder coat armor and was going to remove the fiber optics. As for the armor, if it would look like what jointhecircus had done to his, it may be worth it, but I can always get that done later if I choose probably for less cost overall. I will still get all the other extra's and think the beacons look cool for the game. Just the LE factor by itself has really little value for me personally.

#15521 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

More good news - my Xeno head and parts are on thier way along with the update above, guys reciving refunds, things are looking up!

Good news,where's mine

#15522 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Very cool, my understanding is that the only multi balls that can be stacked are sentry gun multiball with another.

That's correct: Sentry Guns can be stacked on top of any other (non-wizard-mode) multiball.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Good to hear that there are super jackpots too, are they collected in different ways depending on the multiball, like with Shadow or Medieval Madness?

Of course.

#15523 6 years ago

Do we know if gloss black trim is still an option on the L/E? I prefer this much more to the green or matte black.

#15524 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I finalized my LE with Melissa last night, she said the choices are black, green, and chrome.
She expects my game to be at Cointaker in the next 2-3 weeks.
She also said she has had more communication with the new owners in the past few weeks than she did with Andrew in the past 2 years for whatever that's worth.

That´s the latest "trim-info" and it has been gloss black so far. Seems much more like they cancelled the blue option to offer a chrome version, if Melissa can be rated as a reliable informant . The chrome-trim has already been Andrew´s idea about a year ago, but the production seemed to be too expensive at this time

#15525 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Good news,where's mine

Yours is shipping to Nitro! You won't need it...you're taking the David Thiel model...complete with autograph! Lol

#15526 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Yours is shipping to Nitro! You won't need it...you're taking the David Thiel model...complete with autograph! Lol

Yes I am,thank you Tommy
would be nice for you to have it in there right away to.
How's that going,I heard he has added a lot now.

#15527 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yes I am,thank you Tommy
would be nice for you to have it in there right away to.
How's that going,I heard he has added a lot now.

I heard from David before he left for Pintastic. He's added over 100 sound clips and communicated any bug fixes to the team. His input has been absolutely invaluable.

#15528 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Awesome

#15529 6 years ago

Thats going to be great to see what those boys have added! Wonder how Heighway is going to handle code updates, didnt see a section even for FT which must have had some changes since new.

#15530 6 years ago

requested refund for my LE, going SE with a few extras and through Nitro, I have faith in the investors but man it will be nice to know the money is safe and back in Canada. I will post when I get my refund.

#15531 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

probably what i would do yeah.
altho i do like the side art ..... rather than it with nothing..
id probably order romans glass separately.
dont really like shakers, altho was good in LAH

#15532 6 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

probably what i would do yeah.
altho i do like the side art ..... rather than it with nothing..
id probably order romans glass separately.
dont really like shakers, altho was good in LAH

? The SE has side art.

#15533 6 years ago

Not a bad idea going SE. I like the art on the SE, preferring the original film to the sequel. I can't imagine the LE goodie bag having anything super enticing...T-shirt?

#15534 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

? The SE has side art.

ok

#15535 6 years ago

Morgan emailed me this morning and requested bank transfer info, I sent it, lets see how long it takes, still I'm happy with the quick response.

#15536 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Morgan emailed me this morning and requested bank transfer info, I sent it, lets see how long it takes, still I'm happy with the quick response.

Oh Morgan replies quickly, but good luck with that wire transfer. I asked for my remaining $800 two weeks ago and he finally said send me the wire transfer info and I did last Thur. I still have yet to get the $800 and he keeps saying he doesn't know why it is delayed and says he needs to talk to Daniel to get information on the status of the transfer.....I think it's all hot air until they actually do something which has yet to happen. So far all just talk, talk, talk....I am asking for my money every day now! I am going to be such a pain in their ass that they will give me my money back just to get rid of me!!

Brian

#15537 6 years ago
Quoted from conester:

I am going to be such a pain in their ass that they will give me my money back just to get rid of me!!

If I don't get it in a prompt fashion then thats my plan as well.

#15538 6 years ago

I see some people are dropping out of the L/E and going with the standard because they don't think the look of the fiberoptic ramps suits the theme. Question: How many different colors and brightnesses can these ramps be? Is it in the 1000's? I wonder, because if so it may be premature, and I can see some really cool effects, with a flickering, and a very dim green or blue? I don't think it needs to be full blast TRON neon, right?

#15539 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see some people are dropping out of the L/E and going with the standard because they don't think the look of the fiberoptic ramps suits the theme.

Exactly I don't think it does fit with the theme and because of the style of the ramps its just not appealing to me anyway, theres a cost issue as well, once everything is said and done with shipping from Nitro and taxes my current funds from Heighway give me a nice SE but as is it will cost me shipping plus tax with an LE direct from Heighway thats another 2K almost, not too mention over 10K in a an over seas account just feels safer back here with a distributor, if for some reason changes are made to the LE and it becomes a must have item then who knows but I'll be honest I doubt that. First things first, refund, lets see how that goes.

#15540 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see some people are dropping out of the L/E and going with the standard because they don't think the look of the fiberoptic ramps suits the theme. Question: How many different colors and brightnesses can these ramps be? Is it in the 1000's? I wonder, because if so it may be premature, and I can see some really cool effects, with a flickering, and a very dim green or blue? I don't think it needs to be full blast TRON neon, right?

You would be right. The fiber ramps could turn out to be absolutely badass...I'm staying LE....

#15541 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You would be right. The fiber ramps could turn out to be absolutely badass...I'm staying LE....

You could both be right, but from what I saw, I'll be SHOCKED if I think the fiber is bad ass in this game. Regardless of the fact I don't think it fits the theme so well, the ramp construction just doesn't allow for anything other than a homemade looking attachment. At best I see it being...MEH...and that's not good enough for an $800 mod.

#15542 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

You could both be right, but from what I saw, I'll be SHOCKED if I think the fiber is bad ass in this game. Regardless of the fact I don't think it fits the theme so well, the ramp construction just doesn't allow for anything other than a homemade looking attachment. At best I see it being...MEH...and that's not good enough for an $800 mod.

A soft green or red that pulses during different modes will be anything but meh. Then maybe a bright white or yellow for shot time....possibilities are endless. Ramps not as "flowy looking" as my TRONLE, but think it can be integrated far more than a home made looking mod...we shall see...

#15544 6 years ago

No idea what Iceman's post is referring to, but I'll always thumbs-up applause for David Thiel.

It's been quite an honor for me to work with David on Alien. I was aware of and quite enjoyed his work on pins of the past decade or so, but after chatting with him, I learned about all his other work... Reactor? As a kid I'd go into arcades and hit buttons in attract mode on Reactor just to hear its cool music. QBert? Legendary. DE Time Machine? Always one of my favorite soundtracks of that era. The man is ridiculously talented, great to work with, and just a super nice guy.

#15545 6 years ago

Wow, i didn't know David Thiel worked on arcade games too. I have a few of them in my collection (pictured) and the sound definitely kicks ass on all of them!

IMG_2203 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPG

IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

IMG_6736 (resized).JPGIMG_6736 (resized).JPG

#15546 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Wow, i didn't know David Thiel worked on arcade games too. I have a few of them in my collection (pictured) and the sound definitely kicks ass on all of them!

of course you would have these 4 and in mint condition, very nice, did you ever open your museum?

#15547 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A soft green or red that pulses during different modes will be anything but meh. Then maybe a bright white or yellow for shot time....possibilities are endless. Ramps not as "flowy looking" as my TRONLE, but think it can be integrated far more than a home made looking mod...we shall see...

Well, one of my pet peeves is people that try to put EL wire on wireforms. It never actually comes out straight and always looks like you asked a drunk guy to draw a straight line with a marker. Not surprisingly, Heighway's implementation of this looks about as amateur. Unless they release a less flexible material, this won't change. Tron has the benefit of using the plastic ramps as a guide and a constant contact point, Alien's ramps make the fiber look like an after-thought at best.

#15548 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, one of my pet peeves is people that try to put EL wire on wireforms. It never actually comes out straight and always looks like you asked a drunk guy to draw a straight line with a marker. Not surprisingly, Heighway's implementation of this looks about as amateur. Unless they release a less flexible material, this won't change. Tron has the benefit of using the plastic ramps as a guide and a constant contact point, Alien's ramps make the fiber look like an after-thought at best.

I haven't seen Alien w fiber yet, so can't judge. I do know the same guy that did TRON fiber is making the Alien version. I work w EL a bit, and very flexible. Fiber, as you know is much different. Have you seen Alien w Fiber? I might have missed it somewhere....

#15549 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, one of my pet peeves is people that try to put EL wire on wireforms. It never actually comes out straight

IMG20170406212427 (resized).jpgIMG20170406212427 (resized).jpg

IMG20170406212509 (resized).jpgIMG20170406212509 (resized).jpg

#15550 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I might have missed it somewhere....

Its only in the Alien Day video with Andrew, no gameplay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/311 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.