zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 601.
#13001 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

As you said, the bigger opportunity was to introduce Alien pinball machines to the greater public by piggybacking on existing Alien marketing. Why they didn't do this (even it was just with a loaded standard) I have no idea.

Huge opportunity missed.

#13002 6 years ago

It is still Alien day somewhere in the world. Keep calm.

#13003 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

piggybacking on existing Alien marketing

That sounds like more Fox involvement. I think they'd have to promote the game themselves, i.e. pay for all the advertising and so on. If the deal were structured to go along with Covenant or whatever we'd have heard about it. I'm not sure how they could piggyback on to Fox stuff without Fox approval and if they don't have that, they'd have to pony up all the cash to promote it on their own.

#13004 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is still Alien day somewhere in the world. Keep calm.

It's barely noon in Hawaii...

#13005 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That sounds like more Fox involvement. I think they'd have to promote the game themselves, i.e. pay for all the advertising and so on. If the deal were structured to go along with Covenant or whatever we'd have heard about it. I'm not sure how they could piggyback on to Fox stuff without Fox approval and if they don't have that, they'd have to pony up all the cash to promote it on their own.

Social Media is cheap...free, even!

#13006 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's barely noon in Hawaii...

You mean "that island in the Pacific"?

#13007 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Social Media is cheap...free, even!

maybe they need a twitter director...so sad.

#13008 6 years ago

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while so apologies if I’ve not been communicating.

Anyway...

Happy Alien Day!

#13009 6 years ago

Can anyone come up with a justified reason why the SE's are not being produced at this point. I'm not sure you shouldn't be worried for purchasing a SE or LE. How many games actually were(are) built and shipped out. Why isn't there a production line and if there is why wouldn't Andrew show it or give us something to calm our decision of purchase.

#13010 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while so apologies if I’ve not been communicating.
Anyway...
Happy Alien Day!
» YouTube video

Back glass looks amazing - thanks for posting.

What will be the version for the LCD screen installed? Most of that fantastic art will be lost.

Is the side art different than the standard?

Will the fiber optics be held on with the zip ties as per the video, or will that be cleaned up to be less obtrusive?

#13011 6 years ago

I notice the video says artwork subject to approval, so does that mean this LE artwork still hasn't been approved by FOX yet?

#13012 6 years ago

Beautiful backglass artwork! Definitely a huge improvement over the drafts shown at TPF and I applaud the decision to use hand drawn artwork! The predominant blue tones look a lot better! Will be interested to see how it is modified for the backbox LCD versions. I also think the side panel art looks much better with the Queen head near the back of the cabinet rather than the front as the xeno head is on the SEs. Feels more appropriately balanced from back to front.

#13013 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I notice the video says artwork subject to approval, so does that mean this LE artwork still hasn't been approved by FOX yet?

It was approved approximately 1 hour ago

#13014 6 years ago

I think the LE artwork looks cool (not sure how it will look with 27" LCD). Personally I think that the fiber optic ramp lighting seems more appropriate for Full Throttle but I don't know how well its going to work here just from the quick look. Will need to see more video to make a final decision between an LE and standard.

Glad to hear that the Heighway team is taking the time to ensure production light and xeno boards are working correctly before sending out more games. Haste makes waste and it's good to hear that Heighway is taking the time to make things right.

#13015 6 years ago

WOW! That is exactly what the backglass should look like!

Great job Team Heighway!

#13016 6 years ago

Looks Amazing!!
Way to go Team Heighway!!!

#13017 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Back glass looks amazing - thanks for posting.
What will be the version for the LCD screen installed? Most of that fantastic art will be lost.
Is the side art different than the standard?
Will the fiber optics be held on with the zip ties as per the video, or will that be cleaned up to be less obtrusive?

The side art is not that different, it has introduced some of the blue hue and has the Alien's "tongue" coming out; but agree the translite looks amazing

#13018 6 years ago

Backglass looks spectacular! But the staged walk by of "workers" on the "line" was as comical as the face-hugger. Funnier, but in a sad way.

#13019 6 years ago

Anyway...
Happy Alien Day!

Well, as someone who has plunked down a deposit with Cointaker for an LE, I find this to be completely satisfactory.

Thanks Andrew!

It was approved approximately 1 hour ago

Even better!

#13020 6 years ago

The backglass looks great but I thought aurich was doing the art on the LE as well. I see Andrew made it a point of naming the artist responsible for doing it. I'm just curious of the change. Maybe I missed that Brian Allen was doing the art on the Le. If so, my apologies.

#13021 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

The backglass looks great but I thought aurich was doing the art on the LE as well. I see Andrew made it a point of naming the artist responsible for doing it. I'm just curious of the change. Maybe I missed that Brian Allen was doing the art on the Le. If so, my apologies.

#13022 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Aurich has done the entire art package for both SEs and LEs except for the LE backglass art. We wanted a particular high resolution image from FOX but it just wasn't available in the end.

Brian was brought in to create something unique - and that's what LE buyers will get - 1 of 500 pieces of unique and drawn Alien art

#13023 6 years ago

Hmmm...while the backglass looks great (fantastic even), it doesn't match the style of the rest of the art. Plus, I would assume most are going for the big display anyways so the whole thing is moot. On the fence on the fiber optics too...not a fan of how they are attached to the ramps and not sure the neon look is right for this theme. Standard machine with upgrades is the way to go IMO. Hope these start getting mass produced soon.

#13024 6 years ago

Looks good, but we need to see what the scaled down version for the 27" screen looks like, since that's what I think most will have. We could frame the full size. Also, I would like to see what it looks like with the blue armor. I'm still on the fence regarding staying LE or changing to SE. It would also be nice to see the fiber optics interacting during game play.

#13025 6 years ago

I'm thinking the backbox LCD will be pointless on the LE. So it will be a choice of standard with LCD or LE with art.

#13026 6 years ago

Aurich has done the entire art package for both SEs and LEs except for the LE backglass art. We wanted a particular high resolution image from FOX but it just wasn't available in the end.
Brian was brought in to create something unique - and that's what LE buyers will get - 1 of 500 pieces of unique and drawn Alien art

Well here we go! Art is approved! Mass production & shipping commences when?

#13027 6 years ago

Weird. I actually followed Brian Allen on YT before any of this was known. I have one of his "Captain Dead" T-Shirts, even. The circle is complete.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC-TJD2cBDtPt3a8oIuuzuTQ/videos?feature=hovercard

#13028 6 years ago

Why do people here judge immediately based on a minute of video ? Same thing with the playfield when it was shown. Now almost everybody loves it.

The ramp lighting is RGB so it can and i suppose will blend in with the game VERY good and it will be something special i hope. Cannot jump to a conclusion right now about that seeing it only in attract.

I like the package, bring it !!!

Well Done Heighway Team.

#13029 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Some thoughts from everyone's favorite pinball podcaster were just posted in a new episode...

Thanks for the heads up

#13030 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

On the fence on the fiber optics too...not a fan of how they are attached to the ramps and not sure the neon look is right for this theme.?

Yeah I felt the same way as soon as I saw the fiber opioids, neon just isn't Alien, I was hoping the ramp lights would almost degrade as you progressed deeper into the game, start of ball one ramp lighting would be solid (although change colour red for ambush etc) and by the time you are few modes in they start to flicker, similar to how the environments from the first two films degrade as we get deeper into the films.

#13031 6 years ago

I’ve been away from Pinside for a while...

Which does the soul good! Art looks great... and I love the sound!

#13032 6 years ago

I dig it!

#13033 6 years ago

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen an SE without the backbox LCD? That LE backglass is really making me wonder how critical it really is.

#13034 6 years ago

Can the backbox art be installed in front of the screen?
If so will there be a white display on the screen to light up the backglass?

#13035 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen an SE without the backbox LCD? That LE backglass is really making me wonder how critical it really is.

There are pictures on the Heighway website. I ordered ours without the LCD. I dig the SE backbox art.

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/alien1.png

#13036 6 years ago

Man that backglass art looks so cool. I had been planning on getting the large LCD in the head, but now I'm not as sure... Really need to see all three versions (no LCD, small LCD, large LCD).

#13037 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Why do people here judge immediately based on a minute of video ?

Because it's all we got.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same thing with the playfield when it was shown. Now almost everybody loves it.

They do? My opinion of it hasn't changed *cough*sega*cough*.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

The ramp lighting is RGB so it can and i suppose will blend in with the game VERY good and it will be something special i hope. Cannot jump to a conclusion right now about that seeing it only in attract.

Agree. If they keep the color to predominantly green and blue or even off most time with splashes it will look fine. Throw some red flashes in there for key events. It could be really great. We'll see. The color shown in the video wasn't a good one though.

#13038 6 years ago

Hey Andrew,

Artwork looks amazing! Congrats on getting it finally approved!

It will be great to see some video of the how the Ramp EL lighting is incorporated within the game. With an LE on order, I'm not certain I want the lighting as I feel it may kill the mood you've created with the darkness/offset by subtle but ridiculously well done led lighting throughout.

For LE buyer's, can we opt out of having it installed on our game? Would that cost be refunded, where do you guys stand on this idea?

Thank you!

#13039 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They do? My opinion of it hasn't changed *cough*sega*cough*.

Yes. I was at TPF and heared a lot of opinions of people who were standing by the machine. Either they did not show their true colors or they did like it very much. Never heard a bad thing. But obviously not everybody will like it just as with every other machine in existence, hence I said almost everybody.

#13040 6 years ago

I really don't want to nitpick, so I won't do that. I think it's really cool that the full sized LE backglass is hand drawn & looks killer. I wasn't expecting it to be hand drawn. But I just want to point out as Pimp77 said, it really doesn't match the overall look of the rest of the machine (unless you count the comic-book Alien at the top of the playfield, which I would argue shouldn't have been included in the first place).

Anyway it's really a moot point when you're putting the 27" LCD in there, as I won't display the full LE backglass in my machine.

With that said, the backglass looks really cool. I'll hold off on commenting on the fibre optic cables for now.

I just prefer the classic 1979, green-hued, cohesive look of the SE Alien art package

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE ANDREW

#13041 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

There are pictures on the Heighway website. I ordered ours without the LCD. I dig the SE backbox art.
http://www.heighwaypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/alien1.png

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it's just a very exciting day!

I mean, has anyone seen one (or better yet, taken video of one) on location? I'm trying to figure out if the effect is similar to that of CV, where the DMD being in the cabinet rather than in the backbox works really well, or if will be hard for bystanders to see what's going on.

#13042 6 years ago

If you get LE with LCD in backbox you still get the translite if im not mistaken. Just use it as wall art.

#13043 6 years ago

I agree the fiber optics should be a blue, green or maybe even some kind of UV black light.

#13044 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Andrew. The LE translite looks superb! I really wasn't expecting it to be hand drawn which is a pleasant surprise. I'm still happy with my choice of SE though and really looking forward to these shipping out soon!

I took a couple screen captures

Screenshot_20170426-183536 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170426-183536 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170426-183543 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170426-183543 (resized).png

#13045 6 years ago

Good enough for me, NOW SHIP THE DAMN THINGS!

#13046 6 years ago

looks great ship my le out as is, let the haters hate and the haters wait! the plastic ties is the same on tron jeeze I don't even notice them on my tron le.

#13047 6 years ago

I think once the fiber gets tied in to gameplay, it's going to look outstanding ( the left side has a great look to it, being under some of the plastics)!!!! Translite looks great...I'm still going w the large LCD in the backbox, but that hand drawn piece will be badass in a light box right next to the machine!!!

#13048 6 years ago

For those of us with the optional backbox LCD, there has to be a way to incorporate that artwork into the display when the game is idle. I realize there are clips playing etc in attract mode, but it would be nice for a menu option where you can display a static image.

#13049 6 years ago

Bad ass!

#13050 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

For those of us with the optional backbox LCD, there has to be a way to incorporate that artwork into the display when the game is idle. I realize there are clips playing etc in attract mode, but it would be nice for a menu option where you can display a static image.

Would you really want a static image in attract mode over movie clips and full motion color action? I wouldn't, it seems like a waste of technology.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.