• 24,910 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by cyber-greg
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,877 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6937 (resized).JPG
DSCN6931 (resized).JPG
CC2CD5AA-B856-4BD8-9C0C-EED08214398A (resized).jpeg
7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24910 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 499.
#14751 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Congrats on the Worst idea of the day!

Are you sure...ive read quite a few bad ideas in this thread?
I know Super Pin would never happen. But in today's economics, it just might work and save pinball.
Unless you want Sterns the rest of your life.

#14752 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Its time for the small guys to band together.
Highway, American Pinball, Jersey Jack, and dare i say Dutch pinball. Maybe even spooky.
They should get together and form super pin company!

JJP and Spooky are doing just fine, they have product to sell. Dutch and Heighway are in trouble and would likely drag the others down. Too early to tell for American Pinball.

#14753 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

JJP and Spooky are doing just fine, they have product to sell. Dutch and Heighway are in trouble and would likely drag the others down. Too early to tell for American Pinball.

#bingo

#14754 2 years ago

Are you sure...ive read quite a few bad ideas in this thread?
I know Super Pin would never happen. But in today's economics, it just might work and save pinball.
Unless you want Sterns the rest of your life.

Even if all companies were already located in the same city, shared the same parts vendors, etc... horrible idea...

#14755 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

f Heighway doesn't have a definitive (non-PR B.S.) answer as to the lack of communication and clear direction of the company by Tuesday, I'd say F-it, this company is now at DP levels and do whatever you have to get your money back or your game sitting 2 steps away from the final

I feel this is where I am at.... a decent answer needs to come now.... or I will invest other places ...... total anahilation is my thoughts

#14756 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I feel this is where I am at.... a decent answer needs to come now.... or I will invest other places ...... total anahilation is my thoughts

Don't you need to get a refund back before you invest in other places?

#14757 2 years ago

Invest? LOL...fools.

#14758 2 years ago

invest might not be the right word here.... this is pinball.

#14759 2 years ago

after seeing the star wars pin i want aliens even more. i still believe ill be getting my paid in full le this year. when i get it i am gonna throw a hell of a party thats for shizzure. pinball like vegas baby all in!

#14760 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Don't you need to get a refund back before you invest in other places?

No.... I told by wise people before me to go with a distributor instead of direct... money is safe... I just really really want the title, but waiting this long and then probably another 6 months to work out the kinks .... I think I am better off to invest my money elsewhere..

#14761 2 years ago

Things are looking worse for Heighway Pinball LLC with each passing day and no word. 10 days ago I began sending Heighway Pinball multiple emails, have left voicemails and instructed my credit card company to reach out to Heighway Pinball to request the return of my $6,425 payment. To date there has been no acknowledgement by Heighway of any of these requests. Not one returned email or phone call saying, we received your request and will or will not be able to honor it. They should have responded to each and every one, instead, they seem content giving me, a paid-in-full customer, the middle finger and hearty FU.

I am expecting to see a class action thread against Heighway Pinball LLC thread pop up soon, and I’ll be signing up.

Has anybody taken the factory tour of Heighway lately?

#14762 2 years ago

Isn't there an announcement coming soon that we're all "supposed to be happy about"?

#14763 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Isn't there an announcement coming soon that we're all "supposed to be happy about"?

Yes, and it needs to come soon. I'm sensing panic (understandably) and desertion. I love Heighway's passion, and Alien looks great so I sincerely hope the situation is salvageable, first for those with money down and for the company itself.

#14764 2 years ago

I think it would have went a long way for Andrew to have emailed his entire customer list at some point to at least hint that something was coming or in the works. The announcement of an announcement here was enough to placate me temporarily, but the mystery is disturbing.

#14765 2 years ago

It's possible they jumped the gun with the announcement of the announcement without the details of whatever it is finalized and it's going to be a while still. Would not be surprising from the king of 'two week' slips for like a year.

#14766 2 years ago

It has now been 30 days since my refund request was acknowledged by Heighway. (It took multiple emails over a week or so for an acknowledgement.). They originally told me they'd process my request within 30 days. A couple days later they said it would take 30-60 days, haven't heard anything since.

#14767 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

It has now been 30 days since my refund request was acknowledged by Heighway. (It took multiple emails over a week or so for an acknowledgement.). They originally told me they'd process my request within 30 days. A couple days later they said it would take 30-60 days, haven't heard anything since.

This is me, as well.

#14768 2 years ago

No.... I told by wise people before me to go with a distributor instead of direct... money is safe...

I keep hearing this. Over and over.

What makes everyone think a distributor is any different to a manufacturer?

We had the case of the official Australian Jersey Jack distributor stealing everyone's WOZ deposit and payments a few years ago. JJP didn't ... the distributor did. JJP came through and made as many machines that they'd been paid for (with the initial payment from the distributor), and eventually people got a proportion of their money back.

All I'm saying, I'm not giving money to anyone unless there's a machine on a truck the same day.

rd

#14769 2 years ago

Im wondering if Andrew is waiting for this thread to hit 15k before he comes back with an annoucement?
4pm Friday in Wales.
Do they work on the weekend at factory?
Have they done any work this week?
Is there anyone even at factory?
With all the requests for refunds, I count about 40 over the past month, how is he even able to meet payroll?

#14770 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All I'm saying, I'm not giving money to anyone unless there's a machine on a truck the same day.

At this point im not giving anybody money till the box is right in front of me.

#14771 2 years ago

At this point im not giving anybody money till the box is right in front of me.

Even better.

rd

#14772 2 years ago

Looking forward to the announcement. I hope we don't have to wait until next week to hear what's going on.

#14773 2 years ago

Why all the panic all of a sudden? This pin has been delayed and postponed over and over the past year+. What's changed to cause the 'sky is falling stance'?

#14774 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I hope we don't have to wait until next week to hear what's going on.

he said, "within days", 4 days ago...that could mean any number of days(!?). Afternoon Friday in UK, I'm guessing next week sometime which will unfortunately give everyone plenty of time to freak, speculate, and say they want refunds. Hopefully this comes through soon before the pinside panic-o-meter blows past red.

Edit: level headed post gets attacked...didn't realize we were in full freak out. Sorry to all that I interrupted.

#14775 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why all the panic all of a sudden?

you answered your own question

Quoted from jonesjb:

This pin has been delayed and postponed over and over the past year+.

I look forward to reading more redundant posts about people announcing that they look forward to reading the big announcement.. over & over & over & over

#14776 2 years ago

For a company experiencing obvious difficulties, it would seem like a no-brainer to send out weekly or biweekly updates to vested parties. A mass mail would take all of 10 minutes to compose on a Friday afternoon and would've gone a long way to reassure skittish buyers that at the very least someone was still home.

The way Heighway has handled this truly beggars belief.

#14777 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I keep hearing this. Over and over.
What makes everyone think a distributor is any different to a manufacturer?
We had the case of the official Australian Jersey Jack distributor stealing everyone's WOZ deposit and payments a few years ago. JJP didn't ... the distributor did. JJP came through and made as many machines that they'd been paid for (with the initial payment from the distributor), and eventually people got a proportion of their money back.
rd

I had my Alien LE deposit with Chris and Melissa at Cointaker, they refunded me right away.

So there is that

#14778 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hopefully this comes through soon before the pinside panic-o-meter blows past red.

We didnt hit that Already?

#14779 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

he said, "within days", 4 days ago...that could mean any number of days(!?). Afternoon Friday in UK, I'm guessing next week sometime which will unfortunately give everyone plenty of time to freak, speculate, and say they want refunds. Hopefully this comes through soon before the pinside panic-o-meter blows past red.

At some point you may acknowledge Heighway are having problems, hopefully they can be overcome and worked through so everyone with money in can get their games delivered and put Heighway in a position to take in new orders and become stable and successful enough to get to title #3

People have a right to freak out they have thousands of dollars on the line naturally if people think they are going to loose money some will panic, others who can afford to loose thousands won't - lucky you.

Ultimately we all want to see Heighway work through the problems they may have going on behind the scenes and sell as many Aliens as possible and become a big player in the pinball business moving forward.

We all wish them luck on that success and it's certainly within reach.

#14780 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

you may acknowledge Heighway are having problems

inferred in the post.

Edit: Happy Friday!!! Cheers and good health to all.

#14781 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...Ultimately we all want to see Heighway work through the problems they may have going on behind the scenes and sell as many Aliens possible and become a big player in the pinball business. Thanks

I challenge Heighway Pinball LLC to a game of truth or dare. My dare is they must deliver every game paid for and return deposit money for unproduced games. Instead they can chose truth and admit there is a problem(s) and explain what they are. Adding possible solutions would be a welcomed bonus. Heighway is actively engaged in a game of Hide and Seek.

#14782 2 years ago

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands of dollars then wait months or years for delivery of a product. There must be others but I can't come up with any.

#14783 2 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands if dollars then wait days months years for delivery of a product.

I'm building a house...but I can see it everyday and know it's there

#14784 2 years ago

I may as well confirm as much as I can safely do so right now to allay people's fears, since it's already been leaked elsewhere. (You can guess by who. I've no idea how he found out so much.)

Yes, there is a deal in the works. Yes, there is cash infusion coming into the company. Yes, Alien production will be continuing and increasing and talks are already being had as to how best to achieve that.

No, the deal is not quite done, dusted and signed yet. The official announcement will come when it comes. But I've talked to the parties involved and expressed both my confidence and my loyalty to them. It's in my best interests as well to see this through to its successful conclusion, so I'm also one of the individuals with the most to lose, substantially more than just about anybody else here on the thread right now.

#14785 2 years ago

Listening to K's interview with Jersey Jack this morning was eye opening.
But listening to someone who has been there, done that -once you hear the amount of millions that it took you will fall off your seat.

Best of luck to Heighway, this will take quite the business angel investor

#14786 2 years ago

I thought last June when I sat down and talked with Andrew at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown that we were mere days away from the launch and I was like a little kid waiting for the news of it heading to my door. I hadn't been that excited about a game since Castlevania 2 for NES!! Now a year later I just feel like that same kid punished and sent to the corner, told I'll never get my game and to just deal with it. I am still optimistic, and feel it will be worth the wait, but man, this is the most patient I've ever had to be for a game. A game!!! A friggin game!!!!

#14787 2 years ago

Andrew ...... I'm sure it's not to late to get on Shark Tank, and talk to Mark Cuban.

#14788 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I may as well confirm as much as I can safely do so right now to allay people's fears, since it's already been leaked elsewhere. (You can guess by who. I've no idea how he found out so much.)
Yes, there is a deal in the works. Yes, there is cash infusion coming into the company. Yes, Alien production will be continuing and increasing and talks are already being had as to how best to achieve that.
No, the deal is not quite done, dusted and signed yet. The official announcement will come when it comes. But I've talked to the parties involved and expressed both my confidence and my loyalty to them. It's in my best interests as well to see this through to its successful conclusion, so I'm also one of the individuals with the most to lose, substantially more than just about anybody else here on the thread right now.

Thanks for the update. Hope this deal will secure your and Heighway's future. I love what you all have been doing and look forward to Alien and hopefully more pins to come.

#14789 2 years ago

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands of dollars then wait months or years for delivery of a product. There must be others but I can't come up with any.

Pretty much every one of my larger construction projects. Latest, is a substantial 7 figure deal, and won't be commissioned for 3 years.....

#14790 2 years ago

I'm trying to think of industries where customers, not banks, finance the company through pre-payments, no interest gained either mind me, then wait months or years for delivery of a product and get no email replies nor refunds when nothing ships. There must be others but I can't come up with any.

Fixed it for you

#14791 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pretty much every one of my larger construction projects. Latest, is a substantial 7 figure deal, and won't be commissioned for 3 years.....

Hey thanks for the example. I should refine the question then. What recreational industry takes years to deliver a product after payment?

#14792 2 years ago

I'm trying to think of industries where customers put up thousands of dollars then wait months or years for delivery of a product.

Stern Coffee table Book?

#14793 2 years ago

Guys, get your money out of heighway right now. They are crashing as we speak. The investors are going to sell all the assets and fold the company. Been saying this for months.

#14794 2 years ago

Hey thanks for the example. I should refine the question then. What recreational industry takes years to deliver a product after payment?

Tesla cars and mail order brides come to mind

#14795 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Fixed it for you

I'm sure you meant well, but why does being edited by someone not me bother me?

#14796 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why all the panic all of a sudden? This pin has been delayed and postponed over and over the past year+. What's changed to cause the 'sky is falling stance'?

Game is 'done' and 'production has started' - yet games are not flowing (contrast this with prior periods where.. game wasn't done)
Radio Silence vs Regular engagement
Refund Requests being ignored - vs happening, if not slowly, before
Regular Customer Engagement stopping vs semi-decent response prior
Distributors themselves not getting satisfactory updates

Before it was a 'wait and see' - now the time for cranking out games is here, and they aren't. A handful of games have gone out. There is no reason for them NOT to be going out now unless they are INCAPABLE of doing so.. which is where we are at.

And now we wait for 'news' that the company has acknowledged through several avenues is pending and coming...

#14797 2 years ago

Furniture...
Cars...
Construction...

#14798 2 years ago

I'm sure you meant well, but why does being edited by someone not me bother me?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fixed-that-for-you-ftfy

Meant no harm

#14799 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Furniture...
Cars...
Construction...

You need to find better vendors

#14800 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Tesla cars and mail order brides come to mind

Hahaha!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
There are 24910 posts in this topic. You are on page 296 of 499.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside