• 25,267 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by razorsedge
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,939 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdf (PDF preview)
A198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpeg
0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg
25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg
7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpeg
Unbenanntöö (resized).JPG
DSCN6990 (resized).JPG
Beispiel (resized).jpg
DSCN6998 (resized).JPG
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg
E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6993 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25267 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 506.
#14201 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Anyone on here confirmed by Cointaker as being one of the folks to receive the first 5 that shipped to Cointaker last week? Even if they left last Friday I assume they'd be here now if sent via air freight.

I spoke with cointaker today and no they have not received the first five yet

#14202 2 years ago

a0xJKJR (resized).png1psok6 (resized).jpg

#14203 2 years ago

No games this week again. No tracking number either. Would love to give more info, if I had anything to report.

#14204 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

No games this week again. No tracking number either. Would love to give more info, if I had anything to report.

Ummmmmm that's not a good sign at all.

#14205 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Ummmmmm that's not a good sign at all.

Agreed. . When Stern announces Star Wars, if there hasn't been any movement, my money is moving on over to Stern.

#14206 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Agreed. . When Stern announces Star Wars, if there hasn't been any movement, my money is moving on over to Stern.

As much as I hate to admit it, there are some other options that are beginning to look more attractive.

#14207 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I'm thinking its game over man.

Needs a hail mary bailout.

#14208 2 years ago

Yikes....

#14209 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

This is not coincidence....

#14210 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Great news, Andrew promised 5 of the first 10 games were shipping to us this week.

Quoted from CoinTaker:

No games this week again. No tracking number either.

Andrew promised so many things in the 262 posts he made in this very thread...

#14211 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Check out 'It Follows' for a good, atmospheric horror fim.

Just watched it! Thanks for the recommendation - solid, minimalist horror at its best.

#14212 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking its game over man.
Needs a hail mary bailout.

You want to get into the pinball game Ice? Here's your chance ...

rd

#14213 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Start putting the syndicate together Dave. I'm in.

#14214 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm not following this thread anymore, but I said I'd post when i reached resolution.
I had paid in 2 equal payments through PayPal. PayPal ruled in my favor on the disputes and I've received my money back through PayPal. Heighway refunded one payment (half) through the dispute, but did not refund the other half. I'm squared up though on my end, which is what matters to me. I didn't want to wait for them to process my refunds, so I disputed the charges. Some may disagree with that, but that's what I did. I know of 4 others waiting on refunds, and I hope they get resolution soon, 3 of them are at 30 days now.
I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope all get their machines soon. Take care.

thats outrageous that you had to do that - HW should have refunded you without question.

#14215 2 years ago

Andrew. You need a communications person and a consistent update plan. There might be a lot going on but no one knows it. A consistent weekly update email message would go a long way. The DP situation is murky at the moment but they have done a Friday update each week and that has been great. Someone on your team must be able to put this together. This gap in message and then a statement not coming true is frustrating us that are invested and trying to be patient. Again, please do a Weekly/Biweekly update message. Communication is critical at this point.

#14216 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Andrew. You need a communications person and a consistent update plan. There might be a lot going on but no one knows it. A consistent weekly update email message would go a long way. The DP situation is murky at the moment but they have done a Friday update each week and that has been great. Someone on your team must be able to put this together. This gap in message and then a statement not coming true is frustrating us that are invested and trying to be patient. Again, please do a Weekly/Biweekly update message. Communication is critical at this point.

I think it's a bit late in the day for honesty to make a tangible difference to the outcome, sadly. See below.

Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm not following this thread anymore, but I said I'd post when i reached resolution.
I had paid in 2 equal payments through PayPal. PayPal ruled in my favor on the disputes and I've received my money back through PayPal. Heighway refunded one payment (half) through the dispute, but did not refund the other half. I'm squared up though on my end, which is what matters to me. I didn't want to wait for them to process my refunds, so I disputed the charges. Some may disagree with that, but that's what I did. I know of 4 others waiting on refunds, and I hope they get resolution soon, 3 of them are at 30 days now.
I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope all get their machines soon. Take care.

If PayPal and the payment processor WorldPay accounts aren't permanently shuttered now, they're almost certainly already suspended, at this point. The above is not an isolated case and has happened repeatedly. At least in this case resolution was fairly 'swift'. In some cases Andrew has fought credit card chargebacks and managed to string them out for months, not days or weeks. PP are definitely flawed and very open to criticism on many fronts, but in situations like this they are often better.

For anyone thinking this is just some contravention of terms of service, or something else that can be explained away, it is not. It can be seen to constitute fraud.

Additionally, operationally, if a company cannot meet its obligations and is insolvent, then it must voluntarily declare bankruptcy (if a third party doesn't force it) so that it may either enter administration or be liquidated. Amongst other reasons, this is to prevent pyramids forming or becoming worse.

If it can be shown that the company was traded past the point where directors knew that the company was insolvent, or that insolvency was inevitable, it is classified as insolvent / negligent trading (officially Wrongful Trading in the UK). Directors, and Andrew is the only one despite having other shareholders, can face very large fines and other penalties. In this case, the accounts from the year to the end of March '16 show the company to be deeply insolvent and virtually worthless.

The warning signs have been there for a long, long time. It is difficult to argue that these are merely just 'warning signs' now.

#14217 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it's a bit late in the day to start being honest.

If PayPal and the payment processor WorldPay accounts aren't permanently shuttered now, they have to already be suspended, at this point. The above is not an isolated case and has happened repeatedly. At least in this case resolution was fairly 'swift'. In some cases Andrew has fought credit card chargebacks and managed to string them out for months, not days or weeks. PP are definitely flawed and very open to criticism on many fronts, but in situations like this they are often better.
For anyone thinking this is just some contravention of terms of service, or something else that can be explained away, it is not. It can be seen to constitute fraud.
Additionally, operationally, if a company cannot meet its obligations and is insolvent, then it must voluntarily declare bankruptcy (if a third party doesn't force it) so that it may either enter administration or be liquidated. Amongst other reasons, this is to prevent pyramids forming or becoming worse.
If it can be shown that the company was traded past the point where directors knew that the company was insolvent, or that insolvency was inevitable, it is classified as insolvent / negligent trading (officially Wrongful Trading in the UK). Directors, and Andrew is the only one despite having other shareholders, can face very large fines and other penalties. In this case, the accounts from the year to the end of March '16 show the company to be deeply insolvent and virtually worthless.
The warning signs have been there for a long, long time. It is difficult to argue that these are merely just 'warning signs' now.

Curious what is your exact relation and affiliation. You rarely post excepts to toot this horn for a while now.

#14218 2 years ago

......if you are right, congrats on being a knight in shining armor.....

......If you are wrong, I look forward to the most sincere apology........

#14219 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Curious what is your exact relation and affiliation. You rarely post excepts to toot this horn for a while now.

I think the better question is what exactly is your relation and affiliation, given your constant cheerleading, apparent desire to cast doubt on or discredit anything which you perceive to be negative, and conduct personal attacks or witch hunts against other members - most recently Ted, something which you were ejected from the thread for. Your behaviour was similar with Kulek.

Please, if you have any quarrel with or doubts about the veracity of what I or others have posted, state them plainly, rather than trying to insinuate distortion or error. As I tried to make clear, this is a serious matter.

For the record though, I was one of many that encountered 'difficulties' upon requesting a refund. I suspect there are rather more of us than you would like to imagine.

I think all of us wanted this to succeed, particularly given the license, but the time for pretending is over.

P.S. That was my third post in 6 months ...and third time clarifying what's actually happening, since many seem unclear.

#14220 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think the better question is what exactly is your relation and affiliation, given your constant cheerleading, apparent desire to cast doubt on or discredit anything which you perceive to be negative, and conduct personal attacks or witch hunts against other members - most recently Ted, something which you were ejected from the thread for. Your behaviour was similar with Kulek.
Please, if you have any quarrel with or doubts about the veracity of what I or others have posted, state them plainly, rather than trying to insinuate distortion or error. As I tried to make clear, this is a serious matter.
For the record though, I was one of many that encountered 'difficulties' upon requesting a refund. I suspect there are rather more of us than you would like to imagine.
I think all of us wanted this to succeed, particularly given the license, but the time for pretending is over.
P.S. That was my third post in 6 months ...and third time clarifying what's actually happening, since many seem unclear.

I am a fan of new pinball, nothing more. I have no affiliation with any manufacturing company. I, like you want new pinball to succeed.

That said, i was smart enough to learn from previous lessons and don't put in preorder on ANY game. I hope you get your refund. Anyone requesting should get it! Period!

#14221 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am a fan of new pinball, nothing more. I have no affiliation with any manufacturing company. I, like you want new pinball to succeed.
That said, i was smart enough to learn from previous lessons and don't put in preorder on ANY game. I hope you get your refund. Anyone requesting should get it! Period!

If that's the extent of it, then I'd urge you not to try to divert people's attention from concerns. Even if your instinct may be to to do so.

I got mine a while ago. Others have clearly not been so lucky.

#14222 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it's a bit late in the day for honesty to make a tangible difference to the outcome, sadly. See below.

If PayPal and the payment processor WorldPay accounts aren't permanently shuttered now, they're almost certainly already suspended, at this point. The above is not an isolated case and has happened repeatedly. At least in this case resolution was fairly 'swift'. In some cases Andrew has fought credit card chargebacks and managed to string them out for months, not days or weeks. PP are definitely flawed and very open to criticism on many fronts, but in situations like this they are often better.

Whatever the circumstances, your assumption that their PayPal account is suspended is way out of bounds. Do you have any proof of their suspended account? I get over 10 mil in PP payments a year, and having a truly suspended account is a rare thing. Hell, if you receive over a mil in payments, it's a whole different ballgame in how your funds are held, accessed, and disputed. It's clear you don't have a clue, at least on the PP side.

I do think it's funny though, you say the sky is falling at heighway, but for DP you are a constant defender. Not sure the connection, but definitely a little backwards taking everything at face value.

#14223 2 years ago

I don't know of any company, or at least smaller companies, that can afford to give multi-thousand refunds to people every day. Obviously they are in business to sell stuff, not give the money back.

I guess this is just a case of the game taking too long. People lose interest, and without a game to give them they rightfully will ask for their money back.

When Full Throttle was developed, Andrew at the time took no pre-orders for it till the game was done. I had been emailing with him during its development, waiting for new details, wanting to see it, but there was nothing for me to order or pre-order until the big Pinball News reveal. I actually was impressed with the lack of crowd funding and that attracted me to his business. Then he took orders, me being at the front of the pack, and it still took longer to deliver to me than expected but I had it in a reasonable time.

I'm not sure if ALL the blame can be thrown at Fox's feet on the 2 year delay. Could they have released a game with the old cpu and pre-rendered videos and called it a day? Would we better with an Alien that is "less than" the one that came out, but got it a year ago, and be talking about Heighway 3 or 4 at this time?

Monday morning quarterback I realize. At this point the game exists, and I hope the hump can be dealt with to start pumping them out.

#14224 2 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I do think it's funny though, you say the sky is falling at heighway, but for DP you are a constant defender. Not sure the connection, but definitely a little backwards taking everything at face value.

No comment on the pertinence of rubberducks' Paypal account analysis, but my first thought was "wow, Heighway has lost one of their biggest boosters." And then I remembered that it's DP he's relentlessly positive on. Doesn't mean he's wrong here, of course, but a funny contrast.

#14225 2 years ago

Whatever the circumstances, your assumption that their PayPal account is suspended is way out of bounds. Do you have any proof of their suspended account? I get over 10 mil in PP payments a year, and having a truly suspended account is a rare thing. Hell, if you receive over a mil in payments, it's a whole different ballgame in how your funds are held, accessed, and disputed. It's clear you don't have a clue, at least on the PP side.

It's folly to assume it hasn't been. Assuming you haven't obstructed valid refund requests and Paypal haven't ruled against you, why would you have issues? Also, you do realise that according to their accounts, it would be incredible if their PP account is in remotely the same ballpark as the one you claim to have. It'd be in the same danger of closure, suspension or funds being witheld as ALL small PP accounts are.

You make an awful lot of assumptions here. If HW had millions going through their PP account, do you think cash flow would be an issue?

Further, you choose to completely ignore the legal obligations I mention wrt to solvency. That's the big issue, not PP status.

You, as others, imagine that my saying the situation is not black and white with DP (in any sense) amounts to white knighting for them. I would be surprised if little positive comes from the apparent takeover negotiations with ARA any time soon.

Edit: I've taken a deliberately contrarian view in the DP thread because people are constantly one way or the other. Prevailing thinking currently seems to be that the two parties can just agree to a takeover and everyone will live happily ever after, if pride is just swallowed. I think it highly unlikely that even if a deal is reached swiftly, production will resume with speed & efficiency, and DP/ARA would have plain sailing. Hopefully I'm wrong ... anyway I don't see how DP are relevant to this, seeing as their problems appear to relate to poor management of third party manufacturing.

#14226 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume by previous lessons you are referring to predator, but I'm confused, don't you have an alien in your possession? How did you get that if you did not pre-order? Can you clarify?

#14227 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's folly to assume it hasn't been. Assuming you haven't obstructed valid refund requests and Paypal haven't ruled against you, why would you have issues? Also, you do realise that according to their accounts, it would be incredible if their PP account is in remotely the same ballpark as the one you claim to have. It'd be in the same danger of closure, suspension or funds being witheld as ALL small PP accounts are.
You make an awful lot of assumptions here. If HW had millions going through their PP account, do you think cash flow would be an issue?
You, as others, imagine that my saying the situation is not black and white with DP (in any sense) amounts to white knighting for them. I would be surprised if little positive comes from the apparent takeover negotiations with ARA any time soon.

im not making any assumptions, I'm talking about what I know for a fact. I know PayPal, and their rules. I simply said for larger accounts, there is a whole different process then joe blow running $5k through his account yearly. I wouldn't dare defend or pontificate on the inner workings of a company I know nothing about, you however, don't seem to have an issue.

Lastly, you have every right to "obstruct" a refund request, or drag it out as long as you can. Is it good business? No, but they clearly even stated it when they sent the email saying refunds would take up to 60 days as production has started. Either way, they have the right to drag it out as long as possible under PayPal, or whoever the payment processors rules are.

As a business owner, I sympathize with heighway, as it's all about the turns and trying to survive when starting a new project. I know the frustration of being maybe 6 months out from stability, but having to weather the storm to make it to shore. It's not easy and I respect any company trying to do it. Luckily in my industry we don't have a group of "insiders and experts" talking on a forum daily about the inner workings of a company. Either way, I hope they can make it through this tumultuous period and get their game to the mass market.

#14228 2 years ago

They are being delivered, & I played one last night. 61,703,600 high score

alien (resized).jpg

#14229 2 years ago

Lastly, you have every right to "obstruct" a refund request, or drag it out as long as you can. Is it good business? No, but they clearly even stated it when they sent the email saying refunds would take up to 60 days as production has started. Either way, they have the right to drag it out as long as possible under PayPal, or whoever the payment processors rules are.

Surely you are confusing having the "ability" with having the "right". As a vender you are not supposed to frivolously resist credit card chargebacks and you certainly can't lie during the review obstruct anything. (I'm assuming PayPal is the same way).

People have the ability to lie under oath in a deposition, this doesn't mean they have the right to do it.

#14230 2 years ago

im not making any assumptions, I'm talking about what I know for a fact. I know PayPal, and their rules. I simply said for larger accounts, there is a whole different process then joe blow running $5k through his account yearly. I wouldn't dare defend or pontificate on the inner workings of a company I know nothing about, you however, don't seem to have an issue.
As a business owner, I sympathize with heighway, as it's all about the turns and trying to survive when starting a new project. I know the frustration of being maybe 6 months out from stability, but having to weather the storm to make it to shore. It's not easy and I respect any company trying to do it. Luckily in my industry we don't have a group of "insiders and experts" talking on a forum daily about the inner workings of a company. Either way, I hope they can make it through this tumultuous period and get their game to the mass market.

HW's accounts are a matter of public record. You are exactly defending and pontificating about something you appear to know very little about, despite there being information for you to consider.

There is no provision under UK law to drag out valid refund requests for more than the mandated 14 calendar or 10 working days. Terms state 21 days on the website. Emails often say 30. Most recently Andrew said 30-60**. Some people have had to wait much longer. None of those are legal. Again, you're making assertions that are shaky at best.

Your latter statement appears fair, but this has been going on for a long time now.

You guys can go back to bickering now. I just wanted people to know what the facts of the matter are and what is expected of companies by the law. If you choose to ignore it, so be it.

** "due to production" - I don't see how that has anything to do with it, unless it's a tacit admission of insolvency.

#14231 2 years ago

Whatever the circumstances, your assumption that their PayPal account is suspended is way out of bounds. Do you have any proof of their suspended account?

Someone pinged me about this so I thought I'd respond. His response was not way out of bounds.

Yes, my dispute locked their account. Andrew emailed me about it. I assume that's why they refunded half and not the full amount, that might have been what they needed to get it unlocked. Buts that's an assumption on my part. But I have no other logical reason as to why they refunded half but not the full amount.

#14232 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Surely you are confusing having the "ability" with having the "right". As a vender you are not supposed to frivolously resist credit card chargebacks and you certainly can't lie during the review obstruct anything. (I'm assuming PayPal is the same way).
People have the ability to lie under oath in a deposition, this doesn't mean they have the right to do it.

I have the right to take 21 days to respond if PayPal says I have 21 days. No more, no less. No one is talking about lying, I'm simply stating you can take as much time as each credit card processor allows you. Like I said, bad business, sure, but definitely within the rules.

#14233 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Someone pinged me about this so I thought I'd respond. His response was not way out of bounds.
Yes, my dispute locked their account. Andrew emailed me about it. I assume that's why they refunded half and not the full amount, that might have been what they needed to get it unlocked. Buts that's an assumption on my part. But I have no other logical reason as to why they refunded half but not the full amount.

That's not how it works, you don't refund half and get an account unlocked. Simply stated for tenth time, no one knows the status of heighways accounts except for heighway. Make all the assumptions you want, but myself or others truly don't know the facts or status of their personal accounts. That being said, i have zero interest in defending them, just dont like people saying things are black and white when very few may actually know. I mean, you said they had supplier issues, which seemed incredibly out of bounds unless you can post absolute proof of it. Either way, I don't have the desire or time to indulge this further, but a lot of assumptions made with nothing but a lot of conjecture.

#14234 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Only if you are running it RD

#14235 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

No comment on the pertinence of his Paypal account analysis, but my first thought was "wow, Heighway has lost one of their biggest boosters." And then I remembered that it's DP he's relentlessly positive on. Doesn't mean he's wrong here, of course, but a funny contrast.

That's exactly what I thought. The 180 is astonishing.

#14236 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only if you are running it RD

I'm trying to get over my chronic fatigue ... I think if I owned a pinball company I'd be dead in a year! I don't need that stress.

rd

#14237 2 years ago

The machines are coming. It will be worth the wait. I played one all weekend in Dallas a few months ago. No need to panic!! Obvioulsy it takes a while to get new pinball company up and running. The game is so cool. Amazing!!!

#14238 2 years ago

1ptjrb (resized).jpg

#14239 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't know of any company, or at least smaller companies, that can afford to give multi-thousand refunds to people every day. Obviously they are in business to sell stuff, not give the money back.
I guess this is just a case of the game taking too long. People lose interest, and without a game to give them they rightfully will ask for their money back.
When Full Throttle was developed, Andrew at the time took no pre-orders for it till the game was done. I had been emailing with him during its development, waiting for new details, wanting to see it, but there was nothing for me to order or pre-order until the big Pinball News reveal. I actually was impressed with the lack of crowd funding and that attracted me to his business. Then he took orders, me being at the front of the pack, and it still took longer to deliver to me than expected but I had it in a reasonable time.
I'm not sure if ALL the blame can be thrown at Fox's feet on the 2 year delay. Could they have released a game with the old cpu and pre-rendered videos and called it a day? Would we better with an Alien that is "less than" the one that came out, but got it a year ago, and be talking about Heighway 3 or 4 at this time?
Monday morning quarterback I realize. At this point the game exists, and I hope the hump can be dealt with to start pumping them out.

The games will come, including the LE's, and it will be an awesome add for anyone wanting one ( including me).

It's just going to be a slow roll...is what it is. My opinion of the game or Heighway really hasn't changed, except I do admire Andrew, for staying the course. Certainly over optimistic in his timelines, but that's about it. As I've stated before, he's probably losing money on this title until he can get them rolling, given the delays, similar to my belief that JJP lost money on the early WOZ until #'s caught up. Engineering a new product is a bitch.

Don't forget, BOTH sides lose money when delays happen...suspect they've got a dollar or 2 in the game, as well.

They are a manufacturing company, and have built games....as long as Alien exceeds expectations from a performance side, this will all pass.....it's just taking longer, way longer, than some had hoped. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over it, and will be anxious for my LE, whenever it gets here....

#14240 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm trying to get over my chronic fatigue ... I think if I owned a pinball company I'd be dead in a year! I don't need that stress.
rd

You mean you wouldn't want to put up with all the whiners?

#14241 2 years ago

We will play the game again tomorrow in our monthly league.

And in ~ 2 weeks there will be Alien also on the Pinball Olympic Games in Fulda Germany.

It's really a nice game and I was in contact with some guys in the factory.
Things are moving forward, but i takes all a bit of time.

I assume there will be very soon some news from Heighway Pinball and I am looking forward on our 1st LE

#14242 2 years ago

I think part of the concern with people pulling their own money out, people worry that it increases the chances of the pin not being produced in mass (At the detriment to the pinball community). Kind of like a "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario, and by adding to hysteria of claiming the sky is falling, people see their own Alien at risk do to a snowball of worry (whether that be real or imagined).

#14243 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Didn't Stern suffer this criticism? They hired a social media person (Jody?), and it help ease/resolve a lot of their customer angst.

#14244 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Didn't Stern suffer this criticism? They hired a social media person (Jody?), and it help ease/resolve a lot of their customer angst.

If Jody was the answer to improved social media and communication for Stern I'd say that was a bit of a misfire

#14245 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think part of the concern with people pulling their own money out, people worry that it increases the chances of the pin not being produced in mass (At the detriment to the pinball community). Kind of like a "It's a Wonderful Life" scenario, and by adding to hysteria of claiming the sky is falling, people see their own Alien at risk do to a snowball of worry (whether that be real or imagined).

It was stated by Andrew in the beginning that the buyer's money wasn't funding the builds, as folks here were already burned on Predator prepay losses and of course the JJP prepay 3 year wait (which turned into a delay, not an actual issue).

Of course finding out from JJP firsthand that was not the case based on my own refund communications and delay.

Andrew did not refund me until his hand was forced due to release PR.

#14246 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mean you wouldn't want to put up with all the whiners?

A huge problem in all businesses today......Glad I dont have it anymore....sucks the life out of you!

#14247 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

No, Jody was their "marketing" guy with the social skills of a bad fart. They hired Jared to run social media, and quickly neutered him rendering much of his value useless.

#14248 2 years ago

My concern and constant consideration for possibly pulling out and buying another stern is they may make alien and I might get my game.... but if they are struggling now what happens if they don't get to game 3 and the company folds... what are owners supposed to do for support? I would be routing this game and if I need parts down the road... it's a heavy risk. With a new stern honestly you can sleep comfortably knowing parts will always be available.

#14249 2 years ago

Game 3? Once they are satisfied with a finalized Alien and production ramps up they're going to be busy just building Alien for a long long time to satisfy the demand we are seeing for it here just on pinside if all the eager beavers are any kind of indicator. Don't let a handful of Debbie Doubters dissuade you, Alien will be an enourmous earner out on route.

#14250 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Game 3? Once they are satisfied with a finalized Alien and production ramps up they're going to be busy just building Alien for a long long time to satisfy the demand we are seeing for it here just on pinside if all the eager beavers are any kind of indicator. Don't let a handful of Debbie Doubters dissuade you, Alien will be an enourmous earner out on route.

I have seen already the playfield designs of game 3 and 4, but the activities are on hold on this games.

Full concentration is on Alien production and ramp up.
This is PRIORITY Nr. 1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
There are 25267 posts in this topic. You are on page 285 of 506.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside