pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 601.
#12651 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The "you're playing AS Ripley" angle is still pretty weak.
Imagine these pinball machines with the main character replaced by the player.
T2 WITHOUT Arnold.
Nightmare on Elm Street WITHOUT Freddy.
Apollo 13 WITHOUT Tom Hanks.
The Avengers WITHOUT Hulk.
Tron Legacy WITHOUT Flynn.
Demolition Man WITHOUT Stallone.
Star Wars WITHOUT Luke.
Addams Family WITHOUT Gomez.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.
Kiss WITHOUT Gene.
TBL WITHOUT The Dude.
Iron Man WITHOUT Stark.
Jurassic Park WITHOUT T-Rex.
Batman WITHOUT Batman.
etc...
That being said. The Game is still really amazing in spite of its main, beloved character being absent.

I think the comparisons you are trying to make would be more akin to having an Alien pin with no Alien. Ripley is a main character, but the creature is the star. The game is just fine without her in it, and so far as the "play as her" angle, I think it fits very well. Just my .02 cents.

#12652 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Just to give you an update on LE art - we have told FOX that we need to hit one of either Alien Day or the release of Alien Covenant for revealing the LE artwork.

I'm sure that Fox's "Alien" marketing dept. is pretty swamped due to the new movie coming out and all the associated marketing initiatives that must entail, that a pinball project would reasonably be considered lower priority.

Here's hoping they make it happen for you guys, but either way, love what I'm seeing of the game and looking forward to playing one soon!

#12653 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

T2 WITHOUT Arnold.
Star Wars WITHOUT Luke.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.
Kiss WITHOUT Gene.
TBL WITHOUT The Dude.
Iron Man WITHOUT Stark.
Batman WITHOUT Batman.
etc...
That being said. The Game is still really amazing in spite of its main, beloved character being absent.

As others have already pointed out "Ripley" is not the main character. Alien with the Aliens would be pretty pathetic. I personally like the idea of playing as "Ripley" and has also been pointed out she really didn't have a ton of key dialog that is "pinball friendly".

Oh, and Apollo 13 does not have Tom Hanks (unless you buy the whole "he's the one in the suit bit" )...and it's still a pretty fun pin and still carries the theme well.

"Kiss without Gene".....I'd prefer that actually...even going back to the birth of KISS.

#12654 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Seems like Highway is stuck in a catch 22 right now. Need money to get more hands on deck and really crank games .

Hey there, just wondering where did you get this info?

#12655 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey there, just wondering where did you get this info?

Every time they show a picture of their big factory it's pretty much empty. Looks like there is less than 10 people working there. I'm in on an SE....just a deposit and have not heard from them yet. If they could truly start cranking out pins then money would start to flow and they could ramp up even more.....just a theory.

#12656 7 years ago

As a movie and pinball fan, I think your comparisons were off, I feel it would be more like:

T2 WITHOUT Sarah Connor
Nightmare on Elm Street WITHOUT Nancy Thompson...

You picked the monsters for these movies, Alien has the monster all over it. But hey, if it bothers you Sigourney Weaver isn't on it, don't buy it. I think most people don't think it's that big of a deal or that it hurts the gameplay. Is Wesley Crusher in Star Trek the Next Generation anywhere? I know he's not on the backglass.

#12657 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

As a movie and pinball fan, I think your comparisons were off, I feel it would be more like:
T2 WITHOUT Sarah Connor
Nightmare on Elm Street WITHOUT Nancy Thompson...
You picked the monsters for these movies, Alien has the monster all over it. But hey, if it bothers you Sigourney Weaver isn't on it, don't buy it. I think most people don't think it's that big of a deal or that it hurts the gameplay. Is Wesley Crusher in Star Trek the Next Generation anywhere? I know he's not on the backglass.

#12658 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

T2 WITHOUT Arnold.
Star Wars WITHOUT Luke.
The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.
Kiss WITHOUT Gene.
TBL WITHOUT The Dude.
Iron Man WITHOUT Stark.
Batman WITHOUT Batman.
etc...

Disagree. This reply would make sense if it was Alien WITHOUT xenomorphs. But it's not so

#12659 7 years ago

Ripleys not a main character?
I guess that's why she's the only one that's in all of the first 4 movies?

#12660 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm sure that Fox's "Alien" marketing dept. is pretty swamped due to the new movie coming out and all the associated marketing initiatives that must entail, that a pinball project would reasonably be considered lower priority.

Are you forgetting this game was supposed to ship April 2015? Fox isn't the problem. The recent movie has NOTHING to do with what's going on here. Also, there isn't an "Alien marketing department". Product licensing & movie advertising are entirely different departments.

#12661 7 years ago

go back 100 pages and read the original ripleygate so we don't have to hear this shit again thinking it's something new

#12662 7 years ago

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

#12663 7 years ago

I think playing as the main character is fine and makes perfect sense for the theme. It always bothers me when I start up GOT and you "Choose Your House" and then later you battle your own house? Maybe I'm missing something.

#12664 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

The Shadow WITHOUT Alec.

The Shadow without ALEC? Don't think my Shadow is suffering...

IMG_0295 (resized).JPGIMG_0295 (resized).JPG

#12665 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you forgetting this game was supposed to ship April 2015? Fox isn't the problem. The recent movie has NOTHING to do with what's going on here. Also, there isn't an "Alien marketing department". Product licensing & movie advertising are entirely different departments.

You sure seem to *know* a lot! So what IS going on here? Do tell...

#12666 7 years ago

Agreed! I was just using random examples. You still have Ben Affleck on that left sling plastic though.

Quoted from jonesjb:

The Shadow without ALEC? Don't think my Shadow is suffering...

ben (resized).jpgben (resized).jpg

#12667 7 years ago

Hey, I didn't bring it up this time.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

go back 100 pages and read the original ripleygate so we don't have to hear this shit again thinking it's something new

#12668 7 years ago

Oh wait. Wrong movie... but still true.

IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPG

#12669 7 years ago

I accidentally saw Alien 4 over the weekend.. ughhh..

#12670 7 years ago

ughhh 61 posts and nothing new. damn you pacman!

#12671 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Are you forgetting this game was supposed to ship April 2015?

Holy shit....really?

Not being facetious, I truly thought that was when development began. That was the ORIGINAL release date???

#12672 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy shit....really?
Not being facetious, I truly thought that was when development began. That was the ORIGINAL release date???

Video the day after it was announced...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#12673 7 years ago

Geez. They need to get them shipping. That's nuts.

#12674 7 years ago

April 2015 was NEVER taken seriously by anyone who knows anything. Andrew bit off WAY more than he could chew with that pronouncement and he has apologized for it.

Still....it's now April 2017! I think even the naysayers thought it would be in full swing by now.

#12675 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Ripleys not a main character?
I guess that's why she's the only one that's in all of the first 4 movies?

LOL

I like how she changed from "THE" main character to "A" main character. Big difference. Of course she's a main character....but AGAIN, we really aren't missing a ton without her. Most of the great lines came from other characters. Yes her lack of appearance on the machine is a bit unusual but it's not the end of the world. I bet most people who walk up and play the pin never even notice.

#12676 7 years ago

At least Andrew comes here, at least there are some games,and most importantly this game looks bad ass. I am waiting patiently till shipping ramps up only do to a personal promise I made myself to prove I'm not an addict. Ok I am but still going to try and wait. I have been excited about this since the beginning of this thread and wish Heighway the best.

#12677 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

to be fair, that seems like a niche market

Why? Do you think they are out of money, because if you don't believe FOX is the roadblock, you must have your reasons?

#12678 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why? Do you think they are out of money, because if you don't believe FOX is the roadblock, you must have your reasons?

It was a joke about Sammy Hagar impersonators...and that being a niche market...being a Sammy impersonator. Get it? Now you've ruined it by forcing the over-explain

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Quoted from MikeS:
the worst Sammy Hagar impersonation I've ever heard..
to be fair, that seems like a niche market

#12679 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

April 2015 was NEVER taken seriously by anyone who knows anything. Andrew bit off WAY more than he could chew with that pronouncement and he has apologized for it.
Still....it's now April 2017! I think even the naysayers thought it would be in full swing by now.

I will take a pin with near completed code that is delivered late, any day over one that was pushed out the door just to meet a deadline.

#12680 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I will take a pin with near completed code that is delivered late, any day over one that was pushed out the door just to meet a deadline.

We may not like when Stern releases games unfinished...but you know what? They're running a business. Factory keeps moving, games are built and shipped...that's how you stay in business in MANUFACTURING. As Gary Stern has said - they're not a game company, they're a manufacturing company.

#12681 7 years ago

Lots of complaining on Pinside I notice.

#12682 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Lots of complaining on Pinside I notice.

As with anything, attention...good or bad, is attention. This pin is going to shake out nicely and suspect many will enjoy it. There were so few LE's made, it will be a much sought after title when the code is done. Price will settle, and they will be hard to come by.

The complaining over BB66 Pales to the railing PS put on WOZ. Glad I own both, and get to be part of experiencing BM66 grow with code..played it for about an hour tonight...still fun as hell right now...

#12683 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I'm sure that Fox's "Alien" marketing dept. is pretty swamped

There is something else…and I'm waiting for a conversation to end and get permission to use it. Stay tuned…..

#12685 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There is something else…and I'm waiting for a conversation to end and get permission to use it. Stay tuned…..

Huh?

#12686 7 years ago

illuminati

#12687 7 years ago

#12688 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Stay tuned…..

Seems like another company says this a lot before holding back information and then never delivering...

Is it "turn" ? Or "fern"...? Man, maybe "yearn" ......?

Man, I'm so close to the name. I almost have it....

#12689 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My money's on a pic of early-80s Ted posing with Sigourney in her hypersleep outfit. I'm sure he's just waiting for her people to OK it ...

#12690 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If people have not realized Ted's MO, then go back in history. He like to get in the middle of all sorts of things and perpetually has 'insider' info that is coming any day.

#12691 7 years ago

#12692 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If people have not realized Ted's MO, then go back in history. He like to get in the middle of all sorts of things and perpetually has 'insider' info that is coming any day.

Yeah, you're right. Let's forget about the whole thing. Sorry.

#12693 7 years ago

Be one streaming later today on twitch. Thisflippinpodcast on twitch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#12694 7 years ago

what?! where did you get one from?

#12695 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, you're right. Let's forget about the whole thing. Sorry.

Damn, now I really want to hear it, this will be good.

#12696 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Be one streaming later today on twitch. Thisflippinpodcast on twitch.

You mean these are shipping?

#12697 7 years ago

It's photoshopped.

#12698 7 years ago

You people really don't follow along...he bought it and brought it home from TPF.

#12699 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I accidentally saw Alien 4 over the weekend.. ughhh..

better than Alien 3. or whatever that pos was called.

#12700 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

better than Alien 3. or whatever that pos was called.

4 is 'ressurection'.. it's trying to be a comedy. If it is worse than that, I don't need to see it. Not a a horror genre fan but due to this machine when I saw alien Resurrection on the TV I stopped channel surfing and gave it a shot. Thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/254 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.