• 25,610 posts
  • 1,004 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,016 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg
87B996E6-4F79-428A-86E8-A6E06716D0D4 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN (resized).PNG
DSCN7187 (resized).JPG
DSCN7186 (resized).JPG
DSCN7185 (resized).JPG
DSCN7184 (resized).JPG
DSCN7178 (resized).JPG
DSCN7176 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25610 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 513.
#24001 6 months ago

Did you get the PC from Ali Express too? Do you have the link?

#24002 6 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Did you get the PC from Ali Express too? Do you have the link?

No - got that here (another shaddy website) but so far so good with everything else! I know others have received their pc too so this should work. Mine was just shipped. Tell them to add 4gb of ram too and a ssd unless you got another one already. The Alien image to put on the SSD is available in this thread too. Should be set. My cost for the PC and Ram was 257 to my door.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/AMD-A10-Quad-Core-Game-machine_60691430299.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5d692fc2RiLPJT

#24003 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

No - got that here (another shaddy website) but so far so good with everything else! I know others have received their pc too so this should work. Mine was just shipped. Tell them to add 4gb of ram too and a ssd unless you got another one already. The Alien image to put on the SSD is available in this thread too. Should be set. My cost for the PC and Ram was 257 to my door.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/AMD-A10-Quad-Core-Game-machine_60691430299.html?spm=a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5d692fc2RiLPJT

Thanks!

Having a startup issue quite often. Not sure a new PC is required but a back up won't hurt.

#24004 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - just noticed pinball life added some new aliens part - specifically those super large monstrosities (also known as PCB boards)! When I originally had one those scared the hell out of me b/c they're so unique that if they were to go, it would be a problem. I haven't seen those for sell ever - I think with those being up for sale, we technically have access to all the critical parts. I just bought bottom, middle and top. Who knows how many they have so I would grab them now!
https://www.pinballlife.com/alien-middle-pcb.html
Main page:
https://www.pinballlife.com/alien.html

Think you may have gotten the only ones... they're not listed on the main page anymore, and the direct link just has "add to wish list", not cart...

#24005 6 months ago

Finally added some toys I got way before the pin, they are the quite big Neca ones but I think they look good, almost as tho they were designed for the game and made for the shots.

Narcissus on the hypersleep chamber shot which you naturally associate with each other, Dropship hovering on the dropship shot, and APC on the ramp which you tend to need to hit on the APC mode. They make for a pretty cool effect when making the shots.

If only I could figure out how to give these some reactive LED lights!.. but probably way out of my depth

20190327_181625 (resized).jpg20190327_180856 (resized).jpg20190327_180910 (resized).jpg
#24006 6 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Think you may have gotten the only ones... they're not listed on the main page anymore, and the direct link just has "add to wish list", not cart...

I'm still seeing the big PCBs as available:

https://www.pinballlife.com/alien-bottom-pcb.html

EDIT - all gone

#24007 6 months ago

Dang Delt quit buying up all the parts so fast! lol

#24008 6 months ago

I have a Brian Allen Alien Poster if someone wants to buy it here before I put it on FleaBay. Signed #21 of 100! Only took it out of tube to photograph. Has sticker and card. Beautiful...and big! $50 Shipped in the USA only. Thanks!

IMG-5148 (resized).JPGIMG-5149 (resized).JPGIMG-5150 (resized).JPGIMG-5151 (resized).JPGIMG-5154 (resized).JPG
#24009 6 months ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Dang Delt quit buying up all the parts so fast! lol

Sorry! I literally find it and report it here after I buy it. The PCB was def in stock after I bought mine. LE items seemed to be 1 stock only I guess. I suggest checking that pinball life link b/c they're posting/updating throughout the day.

#24010 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry! I literally find it and report it here after I buy it. The PCB was def in stock after I bought mine. LE items seemed to be 1 stock only I guess. I suggest checking that pinball life link b/c they're posting/updating throughout the day.

When you get your order, post pics! ...and curious what revision number they're labeled too.

#24011 6 months ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

First major issue on my Alien after a few hundred games at Flip Out London - The right kicker started drooping, seen when the facehugger fell forward. When the mechanism was removed, it was a mess of sheered metal. I looked on the Swedish Freeplay site but they don't appear to stock replacements. I could probably fabricate something but I wondered whether anyone has had the same issue?
mike.

I guess not, but I would check your kickers if you want to avoid what happened to mine...

alien1 (resized).jpgalien2 (resized).jpg
#24012 6 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

When you get your order, post pics! ...and curious what revision number they're labeled too.

I have the full set of scamatics for all of the large boards. If someone can make them let me know and I'll pass them on.

Of course I'll be getting a set for my spares collection.

#24013 6 months ago

Pinball life - best in the business period. Always get great customer service and they delivered with alien. Packed SO well. All arrived safe.

Really happy I got the LE art. I've always loved the SE eat but this is a notch higher. Really impressed. Stunning really.

The PCB boards ate the latest version - they say Pinball brothers in them which is what went out on the later run of alien.

20190330_155149 (resized).jpg20190330_155152 (resized).jpg20190330_155201 (resized).jpg20190330_155736 (resized).jpg20190330_155740 (resized).jpg20190330_155743 (resized).jpg20190330_155754 (resized).jpg
#24014 6 months ago

Plan on flipping between SE and LE art. One goes on the game the other the wall. Love the art in this game.

Just need a few more framed nes/movies to complete!

20190330_161951 (resized).jpg20190330_162105 (resized).jpg
#24015 6 months ago

Just a quick question guys!
Maybe I should start my own thread for this question but I'll give it a go here anyway.
Due to some financial troubles, I might have to sell my SE machine including the beacons topper.
Here in Sweden this pin goes for about $7600US but I have noticed it's valued much higher in the states and I need every buck I can get.

My question is, is shipping the pin to USA even an option?
Here in Sweden, it's almost impossible to book shipping for something as large as a pin if you don't have your own company.
But is there a way for someone in USA to book the shipping for pickup here in Sweden?

Thanks.

#24016 6 months ago

Lucky you !!!

Would love to get lamp pcbs ...
Can swap with plastic sets.

#24017 6 months ago

Are you taking about these? There in stock.

https://www.pinballlife.com/alien-pcb-led.html

I'm wondering if buying coils is worth it as they look just like normal coils used in other games.

Edit coils are the same so no go on those.

#24018 6 months ago

Nope ... I mean the 3 or 4 large pcb´s .
The single lamp pcb are not the problem and available as repro for a fair price !.

#24019 6 months ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Just a quick question guys!
Maybe I should start my own thread for this question but I'll give it a go here anyway.
Due to some financial troubles, I might have to sell my SE machine including the beacons topper.
Here in Sweden this pin goes for about $7600US but I have noticed it's valued much higher in the states and I need every buck I can get.
My question is, is shipping the pin to USA even an option?
Here in Sweden, it's almost impossible to book shipping for something as large as a pin if you don't have your own company.
But is there a way for someone in USA to book the shipping for pickup here in Sweden?
Thanks.

Lucky you owning a golden goose - Alien. There are international shipping companies who can do it once game is strapped to a pallet. Buyer would use one of these to provide shipping plus custom clearance and delivery service. Esimate of door to door service to US is $1.5k - $2k (my guess having done a similar shipping from Belgium once.

#24020 6 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Lucky you owning a golden goose - Alien. There are international shipping companies who can do it once game is strapped to a pallet. Buyer would use one of these to provide shipping plus custom clearance and delivery service. Esimate of door to door service to US is $1.5k (my guess having done a similar shipping from Belgium once.

Great info, thank you! Maybe I should list it on the market place.

#24021 6 months ago

A friend of mine importet my Alvin G. "Dinosaur Egg" for me from NY to Cologne/Germany. Shipment was 450 Euro .. as the word tells you , by ship in a container ....

#24024 6 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

A friend of mine importet my Alvin G. "Dinosaur Egg" for me from NY to Cologne/Germany. Shipment was 450 Euro .. as the word tells you , by ship in a container ....

Air freight is the only way to go IMO.A bit more expensive but at least it arrives quickly and more securely than a six week trip via container.

#24025 6 months ago

Hey guys I’m about to replace my tilted siren with a new one . Looks there are three bolts that hold it into the back box. Does anyone know more about the clips that hold the wires in how to undo them ? Also I had a right sling problem and fixed it but beware in case it’s not known the right upper sling and Lower sling are mislabeled in the single switch test !

#24026 6 months ago

Connector bundle can be separated by undoing the catch on backside of connector using your left hand while you pull the top connector away with your right.

What size thread and length are the 3 bolts on back of head?

#24027 6 months ago

If there are any OWNERS of an Alien machine are here, would they mind looking at the rear of their game to see if there is an FDA certificate label and email a clear photo of it or post it here? Note that the photo of the game that I took shows only the manufacturers label, nothing about FCC or FDA compliance - which is what I am looking for.

This FDA certificate is often required for importing games into the USA and I assume that it must exist for Heighway's ALIENS. I have an Aliens game en route to the US that I may need that information for so am hoping that someone here can help.

Thanks!

John
John's Jukes Ltd.
flippers.com
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 1.05.56 PM (resized).png

#24028 6 months ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:

If there are any OWNERS of an Alien machine are here, would they mind looking at the rear of their game to see if there is an FDA certificate label and email a clear photo of it or post it here? Note that the photo of the game that I took shows only the manufacturers label, nothing about FCC or FDA compliance - which is what I am looking for.
This FDA certificate is often required for importing games into the USA and I assume that it must exist for Heighway's ALIENS. I have an Aliens game en route to the US that I may need that information for so am hoping that someone here can help.
Thanks!
John
John's Jukes Ltd.
flippers.com
[quoted image]

This is actually my game. Checked my photos from my original but no luck. Much appreciated if someone can check theirs and post so this baby can enter the US and hopefully hey delivered next week.

Thanks in advance!

Edit looks like it only has two things in the back?

30a0d2df0ec6d3f054b0cf3d4d7e3c0bb75a246f (resized).jpgaa5e55c8cfe6ae4cd101602142d6ab0a9c27cdae (resized).jpg
#24029 6 months ago

It seems there were only these two stickers on the back... ...was kinda missing my Alien today and decide to drop in and say HOWDY!

IMG_4381 (resized).JPG

#24030 6 months ago

Wouldn’t any electronics certifications be searchable? Did HP receive something less or more than UL?

#24031 6 months ago

Same as mine (poor pic)...Seem to recall a CE sticker somewhere, but can't find it currently...

IMG_20190404_210818947 (resized).jpg
#24032 6 months ago

Cool that yours say Alien. Mine said “Full Throttle”.. lol

#24033 6 months ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It seems there were only these two stickers on the back... ...was kinda missing my Alien today and decide to drop in and say HOWDY!

[quoted image]

Funny how yours says 4.5 amps, same wattage, mine says 2. Crazy times for sure...

#24034 6 months ago

appreciate the help guys.....more to come.

#24035 6 months ago

Hello all. I m part of the club too now. What a pin...

2CA735E6-90A4-489C-A6D5-F279B1689A34 (resized).jpeg7401EC36-EBAD-4AA6-9703-A3F34B4366C1 (resized).jpegAF5E8DAA-709F-4D9E-945E-27C3BEAFBC75 (resized).jpeg
#24036 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Hello all. I m part of the club too now. What a pin...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Zutalors! Awesome.

#24037 6 months ago

everything seems to work except the Alien mouth which stay opened and not moving.
Is there something to look at for this?

actually I checked the jaw motor, the plug if it was stuck... nothing's wrong. Is anyone has any idea what could go wrong?

Is there any replacement part for this motor somewhere?

thanks

#24038 6 months ago

I don’t know if this is the issue yet but does this board available somewhere? (On the right)

84FC32F9-7B11-44EA-A599-5053E9C70910 (resized).jpeg
#24039 6 months ago

Looks like they're available on eBay:
ebay.com link » Alien Heighway Pinball Original Genuine Xeno Jaw Servo Drive Board Nos

...but they are probably not programmed. I have posted programming instructions and link to the Jaw board code here before.

However, it's rather unlikely the jaw board is the failure. It's much more likely the servo that moves the jaw in the bottom of the Xeno mech needs to be upgraded to the new one with metal gears. The factory ones with plastic gears are rather notorious for failing. This thread is a wealth of repair info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/2#post-4393548

That post specifically shows the upgraded "MG90S metal gear servo". You will need to swap the pinout in the server connector to match what you have, as it's not the same. You can purchase the servo and test plugged into the jaw board, if the new servo moves, then you can take the Xeno head out of the game and swap the servo, which is a bit of work but doable. Hope that helps!

#24040 6 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

ebay.com link » Alien Heighway Pinball Original Genuine Xeno Jaw Servo Drive Board Nos
...but they are probably not programmed. I have posted programming instructions and link to the Jaw board code here before.
However, it's rather unlikely the jaw board is the failure. It's much more likely the servo that moves the jaw in the bottom of the Xeno mech needs to be upgraded to the new one with metal gears. The factory ones with plastic gears are rather notorious for failing. This thread is a wealth of repair info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/2#post-4393548
That post specifically shows the upgraded "MG90S metal gear servo". You will need to swap the pinout in the server connector to match what you have, as it's not the same. You can purchase the servo and test plugged into the jaw board, if the new servo moves, then you can take the Xeno head out of the game and swap the servo, which is a bit of work but doable. Hope that helps!

thanks a lot!

#24041 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

everything seems to work except the Alien mouth which stay opened and not moving.
Is there something to look at for this?

Did you try to perfom the alien test routines in the settings? The responsible I/O board seems to loose control in special situations (mostly when leaving the system settings) but after performing the "Calibration" function the Xeno works well again.

#24042 6 months ago
Quoted from Per_:

Did you try to perfom the alien test routines in the settings? The responsible I/O board seems to loose control in special situations (mostly when leaving the system settings) but after performing the "Calibration" function the Xeno works well again.

Hi. Yes i did several times. The jaw motor is never moving.

#24043 6 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I understand the newer versions of the game had updated parts for this. Do you still recommend buying this board and metal gear? I think I bought the metal great already but not this board you ref from eBay which appears to be Mr Pinball out of aus

#24044 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I understand the newer versions of the game had updated parts for this. Do you still recommend buying this board and metal gear? I think I bought the metal great already but not this board you ref from eBay which appears to be Mr Pinball out of aus

Oh ok this one is an older version of the board then. What’s the difference? Is the new one available somewhere?

#24045 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Oh ok this one is an older version of the board then. What’s the difference? Is the new one available somewhere?

I'm speculating not 100% on that...

#24046 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm speculating not 100% on that...

Before I replaced the jaw board, I would check and see if you have 15vdc coming from the top pcb it’s a two wire black/yellow wire near the bottom left next to the other 7 wire harness.

Then I would make sure you have continuity on all the wires in the wiring harness from the jaw board to the top pcb..

Then I would buy a 4-pack of the metal servos on amazon, and change the wiring to match the original. (Swap orange and brown I think) and see if they work.. you should put one of these in anyway.

OctagonStar 4 Pieces MG90S Metal Geared Micro Servo For Plane Helicopter Boat Car amazon.com link »

Unless of course you have an oscilloscope and can monitor the servo outputs from the jaw board for signal.

#24047 6 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Before I replaced the jaw board, I would check and see if you have 15vdc coming from the top pcb it’s a two wire black/yellow wire near the bottom left next to the other 7 wire harness.
Then I would make sure you have continuity on all the wires in the wiring harness from the jaw board to the top pcb..
Then I would buy a 4-pack of the metal servos on amazon, and change the wiring to match the original. (Swap orange and brown I think) and see if they work.. you should put one of these in anyway.
OctagonStar 4 Pieces MG90S Metal Geared Micro Servo For Plane Helicopter Boat Car amazon.com link »
Unless of course you have an oscilloscope and can monitor the servo outputs from the jaw board for signal.

I bought this one - still good right

amazon.com link »

#24048 6 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Quoted from delt31:

amazon.com link »

Thanks for the links. Is the servo plug directlly same as before or do we need to do something with the wires? I m not sure for the wire color code, is everything the same?

#24049 6 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for the links. Is the servo plug directlly same as before or do we need to do something with the wires? I m not sure for the wire color code, is everything the same?

Two of the wires need to be flipped..compare the one you have.. I think it’s orange and brown but forget.

#24050 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

amazon.com link »

Yeah still good, just out of stock..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 25610 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 513.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside