• 24,643 posts - Hot topic!
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Ferret
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,840 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24643 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 493.
#12502 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Totally agreed. I've never understood why people want to be first in line when EVERY manufacturer has issues out of the gate that get resolved later in the production run. This is only exaggerated with Heighway's Alien because the machines are still just cobbled together. Not even they have seen a full production machine with all the options installed, so who knows what's left to be found out and fixed going forward.

Interesting:

Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm one of the founding people who jumped on back when the P3 was a bunch of PVC and tech demos. Really excited to see this coming to form shortly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in?tu=cheeks#post-3637639

#12503 2 years ago

How's this for effing awesome??? Damn, I have to have this poster framed for my office. WOW. Shame they couldn't come up with something "Geigerequise" for the LE art package, because this poster is off the charts cool.

IDK when my Alien LE will arrive, but I know Alien: Covenant is going to give me my fix until then

Covenantposter (resized).jpg

EDIT: Poster ordered Some US sellers have official double-sided 40x27 posters on eBay right now. Perfect for lightbox display. Not the cheap Hong Kong knockoffs.

#12504 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How's this for effing awesome??? Damn, I have to have this poster framed for my office. WOW. Shame they couldn't come up with something "Geigerequise" for the LE art package

I wasn't aware that they revealed the LE art package yet?

#12505 2 years ago

Has anybody heard anything from Andrew?

#12506 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Has anybody heard anything from Andrew?

No, he's too busy building pinball machines!!

Brian

#12507 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

How's this for effing awesome??? Damn, I have to have this poster framed for my office. WOW. Shame they couldn't come up with something "Geigerequise" for the LE art package, because this poster is off the charts cool.
IDK when my Alien LE will arrive, but I know Alien: Covenant is going to give me my fix until then

Without much exposure, perhaps some slide in art of ones own, that does a Geiger feel in Black and white or Green!

Better yet, if there is only solid lighting on the side, and access to feed, one could tap insert events or flashers for side panel coordinated lighting.

#12508 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Without much exposure, perhaps some slide in art of ones own, that does a Geiger feel in Black and white or Green!
Better yet, if there is only solid lighting on the side, and access to feed, one could tap insert events or flashers for side panel coordinated lighting.

Great ideas. Once more capable people get their hands on these I'd expect it's fairly easy to create whatever side art you want(looking at you Aurich for the Geiger side art to swap in--my paypal is ready), in case it's not "geiger-esque". Coordinating it with play field lighting would be cool.

#12509 2 years ago

Yeah that's a very good point guys. Custom sidepanel artwork mod would be great for Heighway pins, and not too hard to produce.

#12510 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are not really any callouts to instruct shots. I think if our lights were working correctly, they would not really be needed, given how good the lighting is.

Didn't you get new light boards sent over to fix this?

#12511 2 years ago

Care to elaborate?

#12512 2 years ago

Anyone know what the fiber ramps look like? That's $800 and a factory only option.

#12513 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there are not really any callouts to instruct shots. I think if our lights were working correctly, they would not really be needed, given how good the lighting is.

Yeah sorry I more meant the lights than actual call outs.

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Care to elaborate?

He's quoting something that Andrew used to say, but doesn't say much anymore

#12515 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

He's quoting something that Andrew used to say, but doesn't say much anymore

Ya it's the "$10k by Christmas" for alien!!!

#12516 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Great ideas. Once more capable people get their hands on these I'd expect it's fairly easy to create whatever side art you want(looking at you Aurich for the Geiger side art to swap in--my paypal is ready), in case it's not "geiger-esque". Coordinating it with play field lighting would be cool.

I doubt Aurich is going to be creating new, unofficial art since he is employed by Heighway.

#12517 2 years ago

All right, so I got in touch with Cointaker today. Being paid in full and hearing rumors lately, I wanted to touch base and see what was going on.

Here is what I confirmed:

10 SE Aliens are indeed headed this way NEXT week. The exact day is unknown at this time, but it is happening next week. They will be coming via airfreight.

The games will go to CT first so they can inventory them. Once that happens, the games will be distributed onto trucks to their appropriate destinations.

And yes, one of them is mine; I definitely confirmed that.

So say the games ship next Friday-Saturday (13-14 April), that will prolly be a solid week or so before CT takes possession of them. Give them another couple of days to inventory and organize them/get trucks out for them to be picked up and headed to each owner/destination. Then, the games make the drive to each destination.

We are still looking at early May or so - maybe - just maybe late April. I'd bet on early/mid-May.

Bottom line, things are in motion, and I expect to see my Alien SE by early to mid May (mmid May just to give myself some "flexibility and understanding" room).

That's all I have for now. Like I already said, the instant that game arrives at my home, I will be taking pictures.

#12518 2 years ago

Ya I also paid in full and and trying to avoid the rumours..... I am also trying to avoid contacting my distributor every week asking for updates. I was thinking about contacting heighway but also thought that was going too far.... this day and age people expect things at a snap of the fingers... I am ridiculously excited but gotta hone in my inner child and be patient

#12519 2 years ago

whoop!

#12520 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I doubt Aurich is going to be creating new, unofficial art since he is employed by Heighway.

he can speak to that if he wants but as far as I know this is a one off job and he's free to do whatever he wants or doesn't afterwards.

#12521 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, so I got in touch with Cointaker today. Being paid in full and hearing rumors lately, I wanted to touch base and see what was going on.
10 SE Aliens are indeed headed this way NEXT week. The exact day is unknown at this time, but it is happening next week. They will be coming via airfreight.
The games will go to CT first so they can inventory them. Once that happens, the games will be distributed onto t :lol:rucks to their appropriate destinations.
So say the games ship next Friday-Saturday (13-14 April), that will prolly be a solid week or so before CT takes possession of them. Give them another couple of days to inventory and organize them/get trucks out for them to be picked up and headed to each owner/destination. Then, the games make the drive to each destination.
We are still looking at early May or so - maybe - just maybe late April. I'd bet on early/mid-May.
Bottom line, things are in motion, and I expect to see my Alien SE by early to mid May (mmid May just to give myself some "flexibility and understanding" room).
That's all I have for now. Like I already said, the instant that game arrives at my home, I will be taking pictures.

I vote for a video unboxing if at all possible (please)

#12522 2 years ago

I'm going to assume all 10 are spoken for as well.

#12523 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

I vote for a video unboxing if at all possible (please)

I have at least 3-4 people in this local area that want to come over when it gets here. That being said, I should not have a shortage of willing cameramen/women to come help out. Of course, that'll mean it'll have to wait to be unboxed until the weekend, but that's fine with me. After all, it is for the community .

Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm going to assume all 10 are spoken for as well.

I would call Cointaker and ask. With me being paid in full, I'll say one of them is definitely spoken for .

I will also put to bed the whole "do you get bumped to the front of the line or not if you pay in full?" - I'll say this, if you're ready to drop all $7000+, you could be one of the first ten.

#12524 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

).
I'll say this, if you're ready to drop all $7000+, you could be one of the first ten.

Excellent! I am not a patient person

#12525 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone know what kind of 27" LCD Heighway installs? If it's a commercial grade wells Gardner or similar monitor it probably runs close to $500. If it's consumer level it's probably closer to $200. Has anyone de-cased and installed their own display in a FT to save some cash?- although you'd have to get a bezel as well. Probably not worth the hassel!

Did this get answered? If it's a Wells monitor or similar, then yeah $500ish isn't terrible.

#12526 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Did this get answered? If it's a Wells monitor or similar, then yeah $500ish isn't terrible.

Considering a ColorDMD is $399 + shipping, another $100 for a full-sized LCD with appropriate mounting hardware is a steal (not my point, I know someone before me said it, but it's too good to not re-iterate).

#12527 2 years ago

I'm glad to wait for my LE, even if I don't have it till 2018 at least by then all the early issues and code changes etc. will be worked out, Id like to get it this summer but I'm doubtful of that.

#12528 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Heighway uses monitors for commercial use (not consumer monitors).

#12529 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What's the difference?

#12530 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Quoted from jonesjb:

What's the difference?

The display only functions if you route the game. And I for one applaud Heighway for taking an aggressive stand against the HUO obsession that has gripped this hobby in recent years.

#12532 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Considering a ColorDMD is $399 + shipping, another $100 for a full-sized LCD with appropriate mounting hardware is a steal (not my point, I know someone before me said it, but it's too good to not re-iterate).

Fair point. Sounds like it's commercial, in which case the price is in-line for a 27" display.

#12533 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The games will go to CT first so they can inventory them. Once that happens, the games will be distributed onto trucks to their appropriate destinations.

I've been paid in full for months (bought directly from Heighway) and have #16. A May/June delivery would be sweeeeettt.

#12534 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The display only functions if you route the game. And I for one applaud Heighway for taking an aggressive stand against the HUO obsession that has gripped this hobby in recent years.

Care to explain this nonsense?

#12535 2 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

I've been paid in full for months (bought directly from Heighway) and have #16. A May/June delivery would be sweeeeettt.

Remember, the update I gave was for standards, not LEs. Wanted to clarify that so there's no false positives.

#12536 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Quoted from Cheeks:
Totally agreed. I've never understood why people want to be first in line when EVERY manufacturer has issues out of the gate that get resolved later in the production run. This is only exaggerated with Heighway's Alien because the machines are still just cobbled together. Not even they have seen a full production machine with all the options installed, so who knows what's left to be found out and fixed going forward.
Interesting:
Quoted from Cheeks:
I'm one of the founding people who jumped on back when the P3 was a bunch of PVC and tech demos. Really excited to see this coming to form shortly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-lexy-et-al-whos-in?tu=cheeks#post-3637639

OK, first off, that's a little creepy that you're researching old unrelated posts of mine to dredge up in this thread.

Regardless, to show that despite that quote, I am completely consistent, last year when Gerry announced they're nearing production, I requested to be at the end of the line. Even on something I've been bought into for years, I still don't want to be first.

Quote that...

#12537 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Care to explain this nonsense?

Humor.

#12538 2 years ago

poorly delivered humor would be more accurate. Many things dont come across in text.

#12539 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

poorly delivered humor would be more accurate. Many things dont come across in text.

What?! Never have messages on a forum been misinterpreted, that's non-sense!

#12540 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Remember, the update I gave was for standards, not LEs. Wanted to clarify that so there's no false positives.

thanks for the clarification

#12541 2 years ago

Mt sarcasm meter was pegged by that post. Found it hilarious.

#12542 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Never have messages on a forum been misinterpreted, that's non-sense!

So...what are you saying? I think I disagree but can't quite tell.

#12543 2 years ago

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.

It's an LE without the special artwork i guess...

#12544 2 years ago

Really would like some updates on the LE status?! Been way too quiet for way too long, I know it's likely cause there is no update but this whole Fox approval thing has been going on way too long and why is it still even in this approval stage with games already shipping out! I don't want to raise too much of a fuss but that's a little concerning to still be trying to get an approval at this stage where full flipping games are shipping..... Oh well I'll go back to my first world problems.

#12545 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, first off, that's a little creepy that you're researching old unrelated posts of mine to dredge up in this thread.
Regardless, to show that despite that quote, I am completely consistent, last year when Gerry announced they're nearing production, I requested to be at the end of the line. Even on something I've been bought into for years, I still don't want to be first.
Quote that...

No research at all and nothing creepy about it. I just happened to read through the P3 thread just the other day and then read what you posted here.....it stuck out. Nothing more.

#12546 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well as soon as Heighway gets back to me. I'm in and paid in full. 27" LCD, shaker, EL blades, beacon lights, fiber optic ramps, PDI glass.

Did you save money doing that? I assumed the LE would have been the better deal than buying all the upgrades.

#12547 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Not interested in the gloss black cabinet, powder coating, le plaque/goodie bag, LE art, and any other potential bonuses in getting the LE for the $280 difference?

#12548 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Did you save money doing that? I assumed the LE would have been the better deal than buying all the upgrades.

LE isn't a deal in any way as I'm aware. If you add things up, it's the same cost I believe. You are just getting the special artwork and goody bag. None of which i care about.

#12549 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Not interested in the gloss black cabinet, powder coating, le plaque/goodie bag, LE art, and any other potential bonuses in getting the LE for the $280 difference?

Not really, nor waiting several months for it. If the artwork is holding it up.

#12550 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Not really, nor waiting several months for it. If the artwork is holding it up.

Gotcha, for early purchases with the price being $300 less it's basically right at your price point for the LE (minus the glass and display). Very valid point on the wait though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 24643 posts in this topic. You are on page 251 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside