By HeighwayPinball

3 years ago

Stats

• 18,592 posts
  • 861 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,860 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171122_153050 (resized).jpg
20171122_153034 (resized).jpg
spotlight07.jpg
2067b5a556300b37d74892db98bee6c67b00d905 (resized).jpg
facts.jpg
butthurt-dweller-all-my-opinions-are-facts (resized).jpg
IMG_1845 (resized).JPG
drip (resized).jpg
20171103_090228 (resized).jpg
Alien 1 (resized).jpg
Alien 2 (resized).jpg
XAjqhEy (resized).jpg
20171112_082918 (resized).jpg
alien xx1 line (resized).JPG
alien xx1 foaje (resized).JPG
alien xx1 tshirt (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18592 posts in topic. You are on page 371 of 374.
#18501 8 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

delt31 don’t listen to all those people, this is the official aliens thread and I have been very interested in all of your posts and updates. These guys just have a axe to grind and can’t be happy because they preordered something and got screwed. ( news flash! Stop preordering games.)

Umm...newsflash....this game would have never come to fruitition without preorders, and PEOPLE who believed in this game. This was never a garage build, just mismanagement, now being handled proper by many of the core team that was there from the beginning.

Early adopters are also PEOPLE, and I , for one, dont need education on this.

The thread has become a tough read...
Recent events point to things going in the right direction.

I was ( still am) quite happy for delt to get his game. There have been others that have received one, as well...all wins for all of us.

Its the nature of the ongoing posts that are starting to grind...a handful have been subjective and helpful, while his have drifted a bit. The request was to just tone it down a notch...thats all

#18502 8 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

delt31 don’t listen to all those people, this is the official aliens thread and I have been very interested in all of your posts and updates. These guys just have a axe to grind and can’t be happy because they preordered something and got screwed. ( news flash! Stop preordering games.)

I don’t agree with some of the comments, no question but ultimately there is an owners club thread and this thread servers a different purpose. Considering I’m an owner, loving the game for the past month and now in the refining stages, I’ll move my posts over to the club. I hope everyone, especially LE owners are happy when they receive their machines. Cheers

#18503 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don’t agree with some of the comments, no question but ultimately there is an owners club thread and this thread servers a different purpose. Considering I’m an owner, loving the game for the past month and now in the refining stages, I’ll move my posts over to the club. I hope everyone, especially LE owners are happy when they receive their machines. Cheers

Yes but this is the official thread.

#18504 8 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was ( still am) quite happy for delt to get his game. There have been others that have received one, as well...all wins for all of us.

Yes!....let these early people get the bugs worked out. Hopefully Heighway can work out and refine the machine within the next few months....

#18505 8 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes!....let these early people get the bugs worked out. Hopefully Heighway can work out and refine the machine within the next few months....

There are very few refinements left to do in this game. I haven't made it to all out war, but the code looks to be feature complete. Hardware wise I don't see any bigger change than what you'd see on Williams sample game and later production games.

#18506 8 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's exactly it. If there's a silver lining to being all-in for an LE, it's the hope that it'll show up problem free, and maybe even have some mylar installed at the factory.

That and the hope that my Hallowe'en/Alien Day party disappointment cycle is at least close to being over.

#18507 8 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes but this is the official thread.

It's the official thread for what the hell is happening at Heighway with this game. There is a separate "club" thread for owners.

#18508 8 days ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

and maybe even have some mylar installed at the factory.

This shouldn't even be a discussion. It should just get done.

#18509 8 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It's the official thread for what the hell is happening at Heighway with this game. There is a separate "club" thread for owners.

It’s the official Alien game thread, everything Alien Pinball, not just a few select approved aspects of the pin.

#18510 8 days ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This shouldn't even be a discussion. It should just get done.

I agree. But it's also a really easy DIY thing.

#18511 8 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I completely disagree and welcome delt31 comments... otherwise seems like sour grapes. I enjoy seeing others getting the pin and feeling happy for them. I’m in on a LE and will welcome my pin when it’s ready.

I dont see what the problem is - obviously the ammount of preordered srandards was low enough there were extras availible. That is not at all his fault, most preorders left are LEs, blame Heighway for building standards first, not someone whos buying a game because its availible.

#18512 8 days ago

I really appreciate hearing everything positive coming about the game. Gives me hope that I will one day get my game. And I don't mind waiting. I want all the bugs worked out first. We have lots of other games to play in the meantime. I simply want reassurance that my $5500 isn't gone.

#18513 8 days ago

Can anyone post a non Morgan email for contact @ Heighway? I have been emailing him to no avail. 3 emails unanswered in last 6 weeks or so. Just trying to add the LCD screen to my order and can't get anything sent back to me. Thx

#18514 8 days ago

Aren't you going through a distributor? Contact them for a change order.

Quoted from Buju:

Can anyone post a non Morgan email for contact @ Heighway? I have been emailing him to no avail. 3 emails unanswered in last 6 weeks or so. Just trying to add the LCD screen to my order and can't get anything sent back to me. Thx

#18515 8 days ago

Bought from them direct. They are shipping it to the CT folks. Also I have been inquiring about the 300$ door to door shipping fee, and what's going to happen to that $.

#18516 8 days ago

Thought this belonged here...maybe yall can make one for your celebrations!

XAjqhEy (resized).jpg

#18517 8 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's all good...not a single sour grape here...very, very glad you received a game (as everyone who has). It's just a tough thread to get through on occasions (and can assure you, I'm the biggest alien guy out there). I even started a separate refund $$$ thread that seems to help to a degree.

I'm in agreement all things Alien should go here. Let's hope in the near future everyone gets their games, or monies back, qc and communication improve, and this sine wave can smooth a bit.......

#18518 8 days ago

Just so you know:

I finally received a production Alien pinball machine that I can use for development. I had a loaner for a few months from Tommy of Nitro in June, but I will keep this pin and move it down to my studio as soon as possible.

Currently, the only AV assets that are missing are for the final-final mode "All Out War". These are being worked on now.
Additionally the US team is working on refinements that can only be accomplished on a production machine. You just can't effectively tune choreography if you can't experience it.
Our goal is for an upgrade in mid December that will be 100% complete and polished.

daudioguy

#18519 8 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Just so you know:
I finally received a production Alien pinball machine that I can use for development. I had a loaner for a few months from Tommy of Nitro in June, but I will keep this pin and move it down to my studio as soon as possible.
Currently, the only AV assets that are missing are for the final-final mode "All Out War". These are being worked on now.
Additionally the US team is working on refinements that can only be accomplished on a production machine. You just can't effectively tune choreography if you can't experience it.
Our goal is for an upgrade in mid December that will be 100% complete and polished.
daudioguy

hell yes! Thanks for the update

#18520 8 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Just so you know:
daudioguy

How good is that!!!

#18521 7 days ago
Quoted from Buju:

Management@Heighwaypinball.com and the one I had the most success with Daniel@Heighwaypinball.com he is one of the directors.

#18522 7 days ago

AWESOME! Now super secretly slip in some Ripley callouts that can be switched on/off

Quoted from daudioguy:

Just so you know:
daudioguy

#18523 7 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

I dont see what the problem is - obviously the ammount of preordered srandards was low enough there were extras availible. That is not at all his fault, most preorders left are LEs, blame Heighway for building standards first, not someone whos buying a game because its availible.

Actually this is not correct. Per Morgan at Heighway...we are selling games to people who just ordered in order to increase our cash flow. Your game you paid for months ago will be ready sometime in the future, perhaps by Christmas.

#18524 7 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

Actually this is not correct. Per Morgan at Heighway...we are selling games to people who just ordered in order to increase our cash flow. Your game you paid for months ago will be ready sometime in the future, perhaps by Christmas.

Was that in an email?

#18525 7 days ago

My last e-mail to Morgan was ignored. I never got a response back, I have been in on a LE since day one and have a good amount of money wrapped up in this thing. Pretty frustrated with the lack of customer service especially to ppl like me that have supported them since day 1 and didn't take a refund cause I wanted them to succeed. I am regretting now not taking that refund now though after the way I have been treated.

#18526 7 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

I agree, and part of the problem is the whole pre-order thing. Heighway has little incentive to build LEs right now. For people that have prepaid completely, it's already spent money so offers no cash infusion. For those with deposits, it's probably a break-even at best, since the deposit is spent, and the lower price lock-in means there's likely no margin or even a minor loss.

Standards, though, at the new retail price? That provides instant cash flow. Seems like this isn't the first time this has happened...

#18527 7 days ago

I received email from Morgan today, stating the 3 color choices for the LE's would be shown very soon, with LE machines going out directly after. He would not guarantee a Christmas delivery but stated that was the intent.

Now....WHO LE's go out when, I don't know. I did respond that my hope was the refund issue had been resolved, and the LE's would go out in the order they were received, with EARLY adopters being first.

#18528 7 days ago
Quoted from sed6:

When/where did Morgan state this?

#18529 7 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I received email from Morgan today, stating the 3 color choices for the LE's would be shown very soon, with LE machines going out directly after. He would not guarantee a Christmas delivery but stated that was the intent.
Now....WHO LE's go out when, I don't know. I did respond that my hope was the refund issue had been resolved, and the LE's would go out in the order they were received, with EARLY adopters being first.

Shouldn’t it not be in the order received, but in the ordered manufactured a la the LE number? What would FUN! Billiards and @allpinball have to say about this, I wonder?

#18530 7 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Shouldn’t it not be in the order received, but in the ordered manufactured a la the LE number? What would FUN! Billiards and allpinball have to say about this, I wonder?

My take they would be shipped in direct relation to order date.....My LE"#" is 212, to match my TRONLE, but order was placed the first week it was announced.

If " new money" LE's are delivered before existing customers, suspect many, many more refunds will be requested. They've gotta do the right thing here....Christmas around the corner, we shall see....

#18531 7 days ago

I'm just thankful for all the SE guys doing all the trouble-shooting, problem-solving and beta-testing so that when my LE arrives I won't have any head scratching. Thanks guys!

I hope all you guys wanting refunds get them, and I hope that means those of us staying in get our machines sooner.

#18532 7 days ago

Do we have any news that HW is taking notes from early SE games and improving the QC on the soon to be (hopeful) LE games? I'd like to think so but haven't heard anything. We don't even know what is included with the LE games (is the artwork still included/what is the point with the big screen on all games now? What about those of us that ordered through CT where the screen was always part of the deal? Trim colors coming soon...the goodie pack with shirts and extras seems a lost cause now) would be nice to see another post for the new HW team but that seems unlikely.

It is nice that owners have posted their fixes and updates here but I'd like to see some changes at the factory for the rest of the run especially LE owners that have had money down for years.

#18533 7 days ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Do we have any news that HW is taking notes from early SE games and improving the QC on the soon to be (hopeful) LE games? I'd like to think so but haven't heard anything. We don't even know what is included with the LE games (is the artwork still included/what is the point with the big screen on all games now? What about those of us that ordered through CT where the screen was always part of the deal? Trim colors coming soon...the goodie pack with shirts and extras seems a lost cause now) would be nice to see another post for the new HW team but that seems unlikely.
It is nice that owners have posted their fixes and updates here but I'd like to see some changes at the factory for the rest of the run especially LE owners that have had money down for years.

Yes like plastics that won’t break, face huggers that won’t break, and Mylar.

#18534 6 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My take they would be shipped in direct relation to order date.....My LE"#" is 212, to match my TRONLE, but order was placed the first week it was announced.
If " new money" LE's are delivered before existing customers, suspect many, many more refunds will be requested. They've gotta do the right thing here....Christmas around the corner, we shall see....

Anxious to see how this works out too. I'm right there with you Mark, first week adopter, many years ago.

#18535 6 days ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes like plastics that won’t break, face huggers that won’t break, and Mylar.

Actually I can't imagine how the face huggers would break...mine are very "rubbery"/flexible.

#18536 6 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Actually I can't imagine how the face huggers would break...mine are very "rubbery"/flexible.

Just like the rubbery martians on AFM... after enough shaking their appendages tend to fly off. In this case it will be their tail...

They need to have replacements available and cheap or come out with a version made of stiffer plastic/rubber (like the choices with AFM).

The stiffer martians don't flail around so nicely but they do last forever.

#18537 6 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

According to post 17625, they broke at HAAG after being played for 30 hours over two days: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/353#post-4034211

Alien 2 (resized).jpg

Alien 1 (resized).jpg

#18538 6 days ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm just thankful for all the SE guys doing all the trouble-shooting, problem-solving and beta-testing so that when my LE arrives I won't have any head scratching. Thanks guys!
I hope all you guys wanting refunds get them, and I hope that means those of us staying in get our machines sooner.

Your welcome

#18539 6 days ago

Heh, basically the ONLY plus to having an LE on order.

Quoted from aeonblack:

#18540 6 days ago
Quoted from libtech:

Your welcome

HAHAHHAA!!! Limited Edition in the aspect of being limited only by being "out the door fully working" games lol.

#18541 6 days ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Keep an eye on the glass, if you notice a "rubbing mark" near the Facehuggers, plan on addressing this. We noticed this, but didn't act in time....

20171103_090228 (resized).jpg

#18542 6 days ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

Keep an eye on the glass, if you notice a "rubbing mark" near the Facehuggers, plan on addressing this. We noticed this, but didn't act in time....

so the end of the tail was rubbing against the glass and caused it? Interesting - I'll check it out.

Just had a very satisfying game of Alien. Went through the Aliens ladder and half way through Alien, 3 MB (2 at one time) and the beacons went off during Queens nest, Sentry gun MB and the Loader Mode in Aliens. Very nice touch. I'm a sucker for a beacon topper (every since Getaway). Great game. Sound is so amazing.

#18543 6 days ago

Well, luckily acid didn't drip through your playfield.

Quoted from WizWiggy:

drip (resized).jpg

#18544 6 days ago

I have a broken one as well what is the source for these

#18545 6 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I have a broken one as well what is the source for these

Heighway. I don't think you can get these direct from Back Alley.

#18546 6 days ago

Yep, at the Houston Arcade Expo in October, my facehuggers each lost a tail which ended up wedged in the ball trough. They were NOT rubbing on the glass. However, this is the least of my worries, as you all know (and yes I'm going to say it again) I am stuck on code version 0.94 until I can receive the new hardware needed to update my code. Since March of this year I have had many promises from Heighway and Cointaker offering a resolution - but as of today - November 16 - I still have no idea if or when they may ship them. ...and I have offered to PAY for these parts and shipping!! ....still no luck.

I'm a patient guy, but if Heighway announces a new game at TPF, and I STILL don't have updated parts - I promise I WILL stand up and speak my mind - asking when they are going to start supporting customers who purchased a game at TPF ONE YEAR AGO! Might put a little damper on their party - so I'm hopeful that won't need to happen. ...'cause I'm SURE I'll have my parts before then.....right??

#18547 6 days ago

So we should be expecting to see another shipment go out this week based on their FB post? Do we know if it's also going to cointaker, or elsewhere? Would love to hear they've upped their QC game.

#18548 6 days ago
Quoted from PartyKing:

Yep, at the Houston Arcade Expo in October, my facehuggers each lost a tail which ended up wedged in the ball trough. They were NOT rubbing on the glass. However, this is the least of my worries, as you all know (and yes I'm going to say it again) I am stuck on code version 0.94 until I can receive the new hardware needed to update my code. Since March of this year I have had many promises from Heighway and Cointaker offering a resolution - but as of today - November 16 - I still have no idea if or when they may ship them. ...and I have offered to PAY for these parts and shipping!! ....still no luck.
I'm a patient guy, but if Heighway announces a new game at TPF, and I STILL don't have updated parts - I promise I WILL stand up and speak my mind - asking when they are going to start supporting customers who purchased a game at TPF ONE YEAR AGO! Might put a little damper on their party - so I'm hopeful that won't need to happen. ...'cause I'm SURE I'll have my parts before then.....right??

I will be happy to stand up with you if we don't have resolution.

#18549 6 days ago
Quoted from PartyKing:

Between situations like yours, and the open admission by Heighway that they are passing up long-standing customers to sell new SE games, it's bad enough. However, it's not a stretch to say "they gotta do what they gotta do" in the hopes this is temporary and that they're doing everything in their power to get things righted ASAP. BUT, this isn't what the below suggests.

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

All of which is true; Barry and his vast experiences is right here in the office behind me, with everyone around a big desk with the third game's blueprint on it, and the game's artist has been getting his brief for the game along with plenty of research material on how best to approach it and ideas we've been throwing at him. It's been a really busy and productive week - with multiple projects on the cards at once, game three is something of a joint collaboration between Barry and myself with Barry at the helm giving his guidance and me assisting, while game four - whatever it turns out to be - is a more solo game on Barry's part.

Flat ignoring all current customers AND diverting time, energy, and money into anything beyond the immediate, especially toward game #3 and beyond, is a slap in the f'ing face. I find it so disrespectful how they're treating everyone vested in this game. Heighway may have changed ownership, but unfortunately they appear to be exactly as classy as they've always been. For Karma's sake, I wish every customer involved would be made whole and then the company would implode. I got screwed by Jpop, so I feel bad 1st hand for all the customers. Screw these dicks!

#18550 6 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be happy to stand up with you if we don't have resolution.

I'll be sad if it comes to this, because these problems will have been created by New Heighway, and they can't blame Andrew for why you can't get a response today.

These support and communication problems are paramount to deal with. This is going to completely hobble their business if there is no faith in after purchase support.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18592 posts in topic. You are on page 371 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside