• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 493.
#6451 3 years ago

I have seen the video ( a while ago actually) and it is fricking awesome looking.

I will say that an IN PLAYFIELD screen is revolutionary. Backbox is really cool for spectators (and that is a big part of pinball), but the in playfield screen is really great for feedback and possibilities are cool. It does take a while to get used to the in playfield screen oddly enough.

We have Full Throttle on route (it is doing very well despite currently only taking quarters; but DBV door is soon on its way) and all the players take 10 or so games it seems before they stop looking up at the backbox screen and train them selves to look at the in playfield screen They then all universally say how cool it is for playing and the feedback. I think FullT is just scraping the surface in current code of how the in pf screen can and will be used in the future.

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What are the dimensions of the LCD screen on the backbox? Is it classic pinball shape (like with the Big Lebowski) or a larger rectangle as in Wizard of Oz?

Like WOZ/Hobbit

#6453 3 years ago

So yesterday I watched Alien and today I have seen Aliens.

Now listen to this........ and please note that this is my personal opinion. The movies are great and both all time classics. But ................the atmosphere and tension created in the Alien Pinbal prototype video was beyond what you experience in the movies

Knowing that the movies and therefore the available material is great, the Heighway team is the A(lien)-team, and the video of the prototype is already beyond great. This pin must also become an all time classic.

Soooooo looking forward to the finished product.

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

the atmosphere and tension created in the Alien Pinbal prototype video was beyond what you experience in the movies

Managing expectations, eh?

#6455 3 years ago

But ................the atmosphere and tension created in the Alien Pinbal prototype video was beyond what you experience in the movies.

Oh good lord.

I remembering hearing how great GB was going to be and a sure fire all time classic.

#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remembering hearing how great GB was going to be and a sure fire all time classic.

Comparing GB's and Aliens with regards to themes for pinball is like comparing the films, one is happy lets catch some ghosts and the other is Sci Fi Horror/Action, just the music on that short clip for me is already better than anything I've seen on GB's, its fucking Aliens. Is there a chance gameplay will be so bad that it will make this pin shit, I think not but I guess its possible.

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Managing expectations, eh?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh good lord.

........ and please note that this is my personal opinion

The video looks and sounds great. Nothing wrong with hoping the pin will turn out great too. Nothing set in stone yet, but for me the signs look good.

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Comparing GB's and Aliens with regards to themes for pinball is like...

...its fucking Aliens. Is there a chance gameplay will be so bad that it will make this pin shit, I think not but I guess its possible.

I didn't.

I'm not commenting on that...I strictly saying this is another thing that's a slam dunk all time winner. I mean...watching a video of the prototype had more tension than watching the movies...talk aboot monkeys flying out of some ones ass.

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

its fucking Aliens

100% correct sir.

#6460 3 years ago

One thing in David's presentation that raised a flag for me was his comment about how they're still working on getting sound and video assets from Fox.

Seems like it would be difficult to plan a cohesive audio and visual package when you don't know what you're going to have to work with.

Any comment on how you guys are dealing with this Aurich?

Thanks.

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't.
I'm not commenting on that...I strictly saying this is another thing that's a slam dunk all time winner. I mean...watching a video of the prototype had more tension than watching the movies...talk aboot monkeys flying out of some ones ass.

I know and I was using ur post as a loose example, my meaning is that the two are so far apart they just shouldn't be mentioned as a comparison, that sounds foolish and it is because when it comes to Aliens vs just about any other theme to date I'm fucking stupid.

hqdefault_(resized).jpg

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One thing in David's presentation that raised a flag for me was his comment about how they're still working on getting sound and video assets from Fox.
Seems like it would be difficult to plan a cohesive audio and visual package when you don't know what you're going to have to work with.
Any comment on how you guys are dealing with this Aurich?
Thanks.

Nah, not a problem at all, David's work is killer, full of detail, and well thought out. I have zero sound concerns.

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

See here:
https://www.twitch.tv/nwpinballarcadeshow/v/70537626
Discussion of Alien sound starts at 36:45.

holy crap thats awesome. one of my questions would be how much are you going to hear the mechanics of the machine while playing in the part before the multiple tracks come together.

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

how much are you going to hear the mechanics of the machine while playing in the part before the multiple tracks come together.

Even though the background is atmospheric it will still be powerful and totally mask pin mechanics assuming that the system volume is sufficient.
DDT

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:Even though the background is atmospheric it will still be powerful and totally mask pin mechanics assuming that the system volume is sufficient.
DDT

Now I have another reason to get the external sub working with my Full Throttle.

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Now I have another reason to get the external sub working with my Full Throttle.

Ask David Thiel how much I bug him about the low end bass on Alien.

#6467 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean...watching a video of the prototype had more tension than watching the movies...talk aboot monkeys flying out of some ones ass.

Look at it this way. It is kind of a teaser video (professionally edited) and with that you get to see and hear a lot of things in a short amount of time. Your senses get stimulated to the max and that is what makes the prototype video so great.

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

its fucking Aliens

Actually, it's the other way around!

#6470 3 years ago

Look at it this way. It is kind of a teaser video (professionally edited)..

You're probably right...if only the Alien movie franchise was professionally editeded it could compete!

#6471 3 years ago

I'm looking forward to this pin. This will be my first NIB. I thought it was going to be Ghostbusters, but I'm reserving funds for this one.

#6472 3 years ago

Still no gameplay videos? How far away are we from actually seeing this thing in action?

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Still no gameplay videos? How far away are we from actually seeing this thing in action?

On May 12th, Andrew posted this:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

At our last team meeting, we all agreed on a schedule that should see Alien Pinball complete by mid August. Pending approval by Fox of the finished game, then we expect to start production in September.

So, hopefully, just a little over two months, give or take, depending on approval!

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I would pause until mid august then ask again according to the last update from andrew

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'll look at it on Andrew's phone on Friday at RMPS...so 2 days away?

#6476 3 years ago

It is morning in Australia and thought the day should be started with an egg
and a hug.
Hope these haven't been posted before.

egg_to_start_the_day_(resized).jpg

free_hugs_(resized).jpg

#6477 3 years ago

Question, is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker? Impact to warranty issues or things like that? In emailing with Heighway, I wanted to do airfreight shipping so not sure how that effects everything. I am just going to go ahead and send my deposit until I get the GB sold. Thanks.

#6478 3 years ago
Quoted from zaterminator:

Question, is it better to send the deposit directly to Heighway or go through Cointaker? Impact to warranty issues or things like that? In emailing with Heighway, I wanted to do airfreight shipping so not sure how that effects everything. I am just going to go ahead and send my deposit until I get the GB sold. Thanks.

I bought my Full Throttle directly from Heighway & had it shipped air freight to my door. I couldn't have been happier with my decision. I currently have a deposit on Alien/Aliens LE & will have shipped air freight as well.

#6479 3 years ago

I went through Cointaker. I have no preference...just felt more comfortable doing that....

#6480 3 years ago

we bought direct and had it shipped direct. I see no reason not to do that.

#6481 3 years ago

I went direct but only because I ordered before Cointaker was a distributor. In the end I actually could have received it (Full Throttle) faster from Cointaker at the same price including shipping. In my experience Cointaker is great to deal with. Whenever I've called they answer the phone, and they return emails promptly. I think it helps Heighway more to support the distribution channel plus you'll have another avenue for customer service and support in the U.S. if you need it.

#6482 3 years ago

I saw gameplay video at Rocky Mountain yesterday. Awesomesauce!!! I can't wait. The playfield looks awesome. This game will be kick ass to play in my dark gameroom with the lights off.

#6483 3 years ago

Video was good. But weren't you the one that asked about video editing? Won't ever know how it plays until machines are in our hands...

#6485 3 years ago

I got to see the video yesterday and I'm a bit more stoked about the pin now. There wasn't a full shot of the playfield sadly but quick flashes of different elements during game play. The egg pop bumpers and face huggers look amazing and the movie clips make this thing look so dark that it's going to do the license justice. I was on the fence about the backbox screen due to the extra cost but after seeing the movie clips and how it looks in FT, I'm not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of it. Andrew is a super nice guy and he said there are possibly some more surprises in store.

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I was on the fence about the backbox screen due to the extra cost but after seeing the movie clips and how it looks in FT, I'm not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of it.

Yeah, having recently seen the screen on a Full Throttle I was really impressed by the picture quality, colors really popped and the blacks seemed super "plasma like" black. Really nice!

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I got to see the video yesterday and I'm a bit more stoked about the pin now. There wasn't a full shot of the playfield sadly but quick flashes of different elements during game play. The egg pop bumpers and face huggers look amazing and the movie clips make this thing look so dark that it's going to do the license justice. I was on the fence about the backbox screen due to the extra cost but after seeing the movie clips and how it looks in FT, I'm not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of it. Andrew is a super nice guy and he said there are possibly some more surprises in store.

I saw it yesterday as well and it looks rad! The dark/black playfield is really going to suit the theme. With the shiny clearcoat it looked like the ball was in space at times. I was also hoping to get a shot of the full machine but the little bits the did show looked great! I'd the sound a lighting effects are on the same level as the hobbit this game is going to be amazing!

#6488 3 years ago

I got a few games in on FT and although I wouldn't personally want to own it (theme) the thing plays amazingly fast. The large screen looks awesome in that and it doesn't even have an alien trying to rip your face off! Sounds like Alien will be jam packed with toy/shots and I really want to see the led ramps in person.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

The dark/black playfield is really going to suit the theme.

Ageed, the playfield almost looks like glass. Amazing.

#6491 3 years ago

If I spend $1200 on a prop it's going somewhere with more respect for it than a pinball topper!

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Watched the infamous video. Actual flipping game being played on assembled Alien playfield...so yes, it does exist. Looks great! Sounds/video clips look awesome...game over man! Queens Nest, acid burn, clips of the eggs hatching. Playfield art looks great on populated playfield. Hopefully this Fall will see it in production and my playfield kit will be on it's way.

#6493 3 years ago

Met Andrew at RMPS. He was nice enough to deliver my Full Throttle to me since he was coming to show(he actually held on to it for a few months until I was able to take delivery which was cool as well). We assembled the game and he walked me through all of it/double checked it was all working and then broke it down and even helped me load it in my vehicle.

Who says service is dead!? My first NIB...I'm assuming all manufacturers do this?

Cheers!

#6494 3 years ago

Every that's seen the video all say the same thing. They're all impressed, excited & this pin kicks ass! That's good enough for me.

I don't mind missing out on the video either. It's just going to make my head explode when I see the full reveal in a few months.

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Watched the infamous video. Actual flipping game being played on assembled Alien playfield...so yes, it does exist. Looks great! Sounds/video clips look awesome...game over man! Queens Nest, acid burn, clips of the eggs hatching. Playfield art looks great on populated playfield. Hopefully this Fall will see it in production and my playfield kit will be on it's way.

I wish I was more sober when I watched it, I recall it being awesome but really can't remember many specifics on it.

I can say one thing Andrew is a first class guy, was such a pleasure talking to him many times at the show. So excited for their continued success hopefully!

#6496 3 years ago

Great to hear that everyone seems to be happy with "The Video." Even though it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to see it, simply reading the positive reactions from those that have is keeping me excited. Also, based on the art shown and sound and rule discussions I've seen so far, it seems like my dream license is in good hands, so that doesn't hurt either

#6497 3 years ago

Will someone send me a link to the video? Thanks

#6498 3 years ago

There is no link. The video only exists on Alien Pinball personnel devices to show in person, as per Fox's current wishes.

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Will someone send me a link to the video? Thanks

A public run-in with police gone wrong, a private tape showing the encounter appears and is shown on cable and internet, repeatedly. Secret recordings of two people in the bedroom is available to anyone that wants to look.

When a video of a cool new pinball machine gets made, security is tighter than a gold vault at Fort Knox. For six months, a handful of people have had access to a copy and no uncontrolled leaks. Where is Snowden when you need him? Andrew is building Alien, but his product with the most value - cyber security. I too am resigned to waiting, but isn't it ironic?

#6500 3 years ago

Makes sense to me. No incentive to leak from the people who don't want to jeopardise their hard work by pissing off the license holder. Nobody who watched the video in the presence of an employee could pull out their phone to record it second-hand without them noticing. And it's a huge dick move, and the person would be identified easily, in a hobby where that isn't exactly a great idea. And there isn't any monetary gain to be had for someone to hack into a device to steal the recording like there is with TV news or internet exclusives (if indeed there even is a Pinsider with the skills to do so and cares that much about the game — but not too much to risk jeopardising it).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside