pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 601.
#12951 6 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I think it's a bit of a catch-22 because the LE is also meant to be a 35th Anniversary edition for the second film - but it features the title treatment of the first film, not second.

When the project first announced, it was meant to represent the 35th anniversary of Alien in 2014. Now that we are years past that anniversary date, I was hoping they would drop the whole "35th anniversary" idea, and just make the SE based on Alien and the LE based on Aliens. Perhaps FOX didn't want to change it, or maybe that's why it's taking so long since they made changes.

Who knows, maybe they went Aliens LE route. I figured the blue LE trim was an indication of that.

But I seem to recall Aurich mentioning that the LE art would have green & blue hues (a long while back), so I have little hope that the LE package will just be based on Aliens, blue hues & the Queen. That would have been a really awesome look IMO.

If the words "35th anniversary" are featured everywhere on the final LE art, what would be kind of a bummer, but that's what I'm kinda expecting. We'll know soon enough.

#12952 6 years ago

Legitimate question....if all Highway is waiting on is Xeno boards, then why aren't there 100 machines assembled awaiting the boards? Way behind on production and nothing built in volume yet....it's smelling very questionable imho.

#12953 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No they're not.

Does this mean they will announce the 3rd game on Alien Day?

Do we need to wait 2 more weeks?

#12954 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

why aren't there 100 machines assembled awaiting the boards? Way behind on production and nothing built in volume yet.

Were you at the factory today? Please enlighten us. If not, pure speculation.

I'm sure there will be an update of some kind tomorrow from Andrew, since it's Alien Day.

#12955 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If the words "35th anniversary" are featured everywhere on the final LE art, what would be kind of a bummer, but that's what I'm kinda expecting.

Yep, I have to agree with you on it being pointless identifying the 35th anniversary of the first film at this point, especially since the 40th is in 2019. I believe I was mistaken in thinking it was the 35th anniversary of the second film that was being referenced in the concept art. It made sense to me at the time since that was only last year. Nevertheless, it was definitely referenced on the backglass and side art panels.

Going with an Aliens look and feel is definitely the way to go to differentiate the two machines more. I guess we'll see soon enough.

#12956 6 years ago

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that not everyone on pinside will be happy with the LE art.

#12958 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that not everyone on pinside will be happy with the LE art.

I won't bet against you on that one!

Really hope there's one at Pinfest. Maybe Cointaker will hold onto one (if they have one) and bring it to the show.

#12959 6 years ago

Tyler Stout comes up with some really cool stuff. I can only image what he might have come up with for an Alien pin, or any pin for that matter. Ordering 4xLP vinyl package for sure. That poster it's based on is unobtainium.

tyler-stout-alien (resized).jpgtyler-stout-alien (resized).jpg

#12960 6 years ago

At what point(including me) should people who paid in full or put down deposits panic. It seems the SE's should be ramped up for production and the LE's minus the artwork in some sort of production. How many more delays and time frames gone by are acceptable. If you don't receive your game this year, what do you do? Truthfully, the longer this goes in 2017, the more concerned I'm becoming.

#12961 6 years ago

My prediction is that there will be some big, positive news shortly. I'm guessing Heighway is consolidating the news for one release vs drip feeding it.

#12962 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

At what point(including me) should people who paid in full or put down deposits panic. It seems the SE's should be ramped up for production and the LE's minus the artwork in some sort of production. How many more delays and time frames gone by are acceptable. If you don't receive your game this year, what do you do? Truthfully, the longer this goes in 2017, the more concerned I'm becoming.

I know the feeling

#12963 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My prediction is that there will be some big, positive news shortly. I'm guessing Heighway is consolidating the news for one release vs drip feeding it.

What gives you this feeling?

#12964 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What gives you this feeling?

Intuition.

#12965 6 years ago

Happy Alien day everyone. May it be an Eggcellent one for all of us

#12966 6 years ago

Nearly the end of a normal work day over here in England....and no news out of Heighway...

#12967 6 years ago
Quoted from andypuk:

Nearly the end of a normal work day over here in England....and no news out of Heighway...

In England no one can hear you scream....

#12972 6 years ago

Anyone request a refund lately? If so, how responsive was Heighway?

#12973 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Looks like he's raised his price by $100.

I think I brought this up last time he listed it. Why sell a pin that that's fully refundable?

#12974 6 years ago

It came and went with no news

#12975 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It came and went with no news

Day isn't over yet!

#12976 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It came and went...

It's only 1:00pm here, and 7:00pm in the UK - so technically not over yet.

#12977 6 years ago

California is still sipping coffee

#12978 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are very aware of two major dates coming up soon - Alien Day, and the theatrical release of Alien Covenant. We are as keen as you all to release the artwork to you by at least one of these dates.

The preferred date would of course be the former, but we are still planning on beginning LE production at the end of the month.

Just to give you an update on LE art - we have told FOX that we need to hit one of either Alien Day or the release of Alien Covenant for revealing the LE artwork.

This is what everyone is working towards.

Well, I went back in this thread and this is what Andrew said about it, so it wasn't firm Alien day.

I do hope there are standard Aliens being produced and shipping. I think that would make a lot of people feel better even if with LE delays.

#12979 6 years ago

so May 19th?

#12980 6 years ago

I just wish they could of stated that there would be no update today.

#12981 6 years ago

Ya know - why does anyone even care about the LE art? I bet anyone buying an LE is getting it with the monitor in the backbox...so the art is practically irrelevant. If there's truly some issue with getting the LE art done/approved - at this point it would just make business sense to say "F it"...the LE will ship with the same art as the Standard...and then when/if the LE art gets done - send the translites out to the LE owners later.

#12982 6 years ago

Some thoughts from everyone's favorite pinball podcaster were just posted in a new episode...

#12983 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ya know - why does anyone even care about the LE art? I bet anyone buying an LE is getting it with the monitor in the backbox...so the art is practically irrelevant. If there's truly some issue with getting the LE art done/approved - at this point it would just make business sense to say "F it"...the LE will ship with the same art as the Standard...and then when/if the LE art gets done - send the translites out to the LE owners later.

Why are you making so much sense??

My guess is that standards are still not shipping out either. If they were, why wouldn't they simply post a quick message here stating that to cool everyone off? It would take like 2 minutes and make a huge customer impact.

#12984 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Why are you making so much sense??
My guess is that standards are still not shipping out either. If they were, why wouldn't they simply post a quick message here stating that to cool everyone off? It would take like 2 minutes and make a huge customer impact.

This. Not sure why the focus has been on LE artwork, when it's just the side blades (which can be slipped into the cabinet). Regular artwork apparently comes with the LE anyway... AFAIK they've as much as said the playfield artwork will remain the same. Can anyone confirm?

Regardless, none of that would seem to stop non-LE production. Last I read, they were doing a show in Italy... that was a week after TPF ... about 3 weeks ago. No update (on Pinside, anyway) about non-LE production.

#12985 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My guess is that standards are still not shipping out either.

...and that's the real story. I was humoring the "It's Fox's fault" story.

#12986 6 years ago

OK, I just got off the phone with Melissa at Cointaker and was told that there is supposed to be a video release of the LE today. This was as of her communication with Heighway earlier today. Let's see what happens.

#12987 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

OK, I just got off the phone with Melissa at Cointaker and was told that there is supposed to be a video release of the LE today. This was as of her communication with Heighway earlier today. Let's see what happens.

Hopefully the video will also show completed pins rolling off of the line.

#12988 6 years ago

An update vid will be uploaded here shortly. Stay tuned!

#12989 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

An update vid will be uploaded here shortly. Stay tuned!

That's official "Stay tune-age" ! I can't wait.

#12990 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

That's official "Stay tune-age" ! I can't wait.

Yes but this "stay tuned" update doesn't mean waiting a year...or never, lol.

#12991 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

More to the point what did she say about supply and shipping?

#12992 6 years ago

Thanks SlamTilt!!!

#12993 6 years ago

clock (2).gifclock (2).gif

#12995 6 years ago

Have you seen the video already?

#12996 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you seen the video already?

It's Alien Day. If Heighway had some kind of marketing or video plan to take advantage of this day, he blew it already. You know what would help is company? Not just placating hardcore pinball enthusiasts who already know about his project and have seemingly endless patience...it would be introducing Alien Pinball to EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE ALIEN FRANCHISE. This opportunity has been lost time and time again.

#12997 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

More to the point what did she say about supply and shipping?

She didn't

#12998 6 years ago

We are very aware of two major dates coming up soon - Alien Day, and the theatrical release of Alien Covenant. We are as keen as you all to release the artwork to you by at least one of these dates.

#12999 6 years ago

On Teaser have been found already on the web.

20170426 Teaser (resized).jpg20170426 Teaser (resized).jpg

#13000 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's Alien Day. If Heighway had some kind of marketing or video plan to take advantage of this day, he blew it already. You know what would help is company? Not just placating hardcore pinball enthusiasts who already know about his project and have seemingly endless patience...it would be introducing Alien Pinball to EVERYONE INTERESTED IN THE ALIEN FRANCHISE. This opportunity has been lost time and time again.

Agree completely, and I almost posted the same thing you did about the LE artwork. With the backbox LCD, who cares about the LE-specific art? There is so little of it, I'm frankly surprised anyone is wasting this much time on it. Why aren't we seeing the rest of the LE package? Or is Fox holding up the ramp lighting kits too?

I never understood the importance of sending out marketing materials on "Alien Day" to a bunch of pinball nerds (including myself here) that are already fully aware of this game. As you said, the bigger opportunity was to introduce Alien pinball machines to the greater public by piggybacking on existing Alien marketing. Why they didn't do this (even it was just with a loaded standard) I have no idea.

Combine this with "why the hell aren't standards flying out the door" and you have the real concerns of the moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/260 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.