zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 601.
#10901 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Are people in this thread *really* comparing Heighway to Stern in terms of what kind of progress updates they "owe" us?

The only thing this thread needs in terms of updates or what's owed etc etc

Is the big gameplay promo video

And a photo of those 20 SEs going out the doors to customers

Pictures speak louder than words, that way questions from all sides are answered and put to bed.

#10902 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Is RobT *really* stirring the pot in another thread?

Edit: sorry Rob, I couldn't help myself

No apology needed! I'm a big boy.

I think.

#10903 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The only difference between what happens here and over at Stern is that they don't update you as their information changes.

I'm not defending Stern. Stern is what it is...a marketing/manufacturing company. If their prices/QC/code remain as it's been, I'll never buy another game of theirs. Currently, all pinball companies are guilty of some fuckery...except Spooky, but they haven't made a game I want yet, so F them too (I'm kidding, I wish them the best).

#10904 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Ah, I actually wasn't aware of that. I thought it was both holding your LE number AND your place in the que (based on order date, I had assumed, and not actually tied to your LE number). I don't think it's great that you can jump que by paying the full amount, but that does work well for distributors/dealers who have the coin to drop on it.
As for the refunds issue, I had assumed that had all been sorted out since the vocal minority there seemed to quiet down.

That's how it was originally, but a Andrew changed the rules with that email, obviously needing a cash injection.
First to pay first to play you might say.(where have I heard that before)

As for the refund issue, don't assume everybody posts it on pinside.

#10905 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not defending Stern. Stern is what it is...a marketing/manufacturing company. If their prices/QC/code remain as it's been, I'll never buy another game of theirs. Currently, all pinball companies are guilty of some fuckery...except Spooky, but they haven't made a game I want yet, so F them too (I'm kidding, I wish them the best).

On all that, we agree! I think the important thing is that as soon as one company raises the bar in one department, it's something that other manufacturers will be compared to. Whether those other manufacturers change their ways is a completely different matter, but it's still steps in the right direction to improving the industry on the whole, imo.

Quoted from Toads:

That's how it was originally, but a Andrew changed the rules with that email, obviously needing a cash injection.

True enough. But, having had the production and shipping of the game take longer than anticipated, a cash injection isn't really absurd to me. Lots of industries do that through private investors and such, though. With a boutique company in a niche industry, things are obviously going to be different. Alien(s) is a big theme, but at the end of the day, it's still a boutique company (at this point, anyways, once the games are shipping, things might change substantially).

#10906 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I wouldn't make vague insinuations about people not getting refunds unless you can PROVE it.

So since you have already made the remark - time to prove it. I'm kinda tired of these nebulous internet claims.

#10907 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I won't. Last deposit I put down on a pin was in 2014. That will be the last time I ever do it. Anyone who continues to do it should only do it with 100% transparency and constant information flow. Otherwise, let these companies build these games on their own dime...when they have something finished to sell, then pay.

There he goes again, like a broken record, for the 500th time. Telling everybody how to spend their own $$$ and how to act.

Each company is different. I wouldn't give Dutch Pinball another dime ever again either!

Andrew has to just F ing deliver now and we will find out soon enough.

#10908 7 years ago

It's probably appropriate that I post my position here.

Should I, and Heighway Pinball, be held accountable? Definitely. Do we owe explanations to paying customers? Absolutely! How about observers? Yes I'm happy to explain ourselves to everyone.

Am I embarassed about delays? Yes to that as well.

When I formed this company, Alien was my dream theme. The deeper we got into this title, the greater was the responsibility to do this franchise justice. Remember - there's a reason we didn't exercise our option to include Alien 3 in this game.

This game needs to achieve so much. The deeper we got into development, the greater the possibilities were to go beyond our own expectations. For example, we originally planned on making renders of the trackers, and displaying them when needed. But we later felt that wasn't good enough, so we aimed for fully live rendering motion trackers. This led us to build a completely new video server ... and change the CPU unit. These aspects alone added MANY months of additional development work.

What I am trying to say is that yes - we have clearly missed a lot of deadlines along the way but hand on my heart I can say that I believe that we will be delivering ten times the game we would have done if we had rushed this before, and compromised on many aspects of this game.

That said - I know you want to all see serious progress. You will notice that I have intentionally set no deadlines over the last couple of weeks.

But I will promise you serious updates before the end of the week.

#10909 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I wouldn't make vague insinuations about people not getting refunds unless you can PROVE it.
So since you have already made the remark - time to prove it. I'm kinda tired of these nebulous internet claims.

You would like me to break trust regarding my PM's and people I know.
Ain't going to happen.
If you don't believe me I don't really care.

#10910 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

You would like me to break trust regarding my PM's and people I know.
Ain't going to happen.
If you don't believe me I don't really care.

Yeah I don't believe you. Prove it.

If these mysterious types that have been screwed over won't post here... why would you mention it. Seems like you already "broke your trust".

#10911 7 years ago

Sounds good to me Andrew, and I'm glad you decided to make a better game than ship something that didn't live up to any of the hype. It still won't live up to ALL of the hype, but I know, for me anyways, that you have checked off a lot of awesome stuff that I would have dreamed about having on this pin (xeno grabbing the ball, beacons, strobing, tracker on the screen, etc). Make the game right and ship it when it's ready.

#10912 7 years ago

Everybody chill out and have a drink

RED2psd (resized).jpgRED2psd (resized).jpg

#10913 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It's probably appropriate that I post my position here.
Should I, and Heighway Pinball, be held accountable? Definitely. Do we owe explanations to paying customers? Absolutely! How about observers? Yes I'm happy to explain ourselves to everyone.
Am I embarassed about delays? Yes to that as well.
When I formed this company, Alien was my dream theme. The deeper we got into this title, the greater was the responsibility to do this franchise justice. Remember - there's a reason we didn't exercise our option to include Alien 3 in this game.
This game needs to achieve so much. The deeper we got into development, the greater the possibilities were to go beyond our own expectations. For example, we originally planned on making renders of the trackers, and displaying them when needed. But we later felt that wasn't good enough, so we aimed for fully live rendering motion trackers. This led us to build a completely new video server ... and change the CPU unit. These aspects alone added MANY months of additional development work.
What I am trying to say is that yes - we have clearly missed a lot of deadlines along the way but hand on my heart I can say that I believe that we will be delivering ten times the game we would have done if we had rushed this before, and compromised on many aspects of this game.
That said - I know you want to all see serious progress. You will notice that I have intentionally set no deadlines over the last couple of weeks.
But I will promise you serious updates before the end of the week.

Andrew, I admire you're willingness to engage in a public forum, and the amazing attention you've put into your own ( self admitted) dream theme. There is not a SINGLE other manufacturer willing to dive in here as you have, and they all have their own issues ( I also own and enjoy many of their machines). Given the expectations of this title, and impact it will make on your company, I believe waiting and releasing when it's as right as possible is wise. Time will heal the missed dates...time never heals a crappy game. Make it awesome, then make a shitpile of them ( please only 500 LE's though......) ......this type of theme and quality is desperately needed in our hobby.

Stay the course!!!....mark

#10914 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10916 7 years ago

ALIEN PINBALL - NOW SHIPPING!!

It has been a long time coming, but we reached another huge milestone today when we shipped out our first customer Alien Pinball game.

It has taken us a long time to get to this point, but the whole team is immensely proud of the game that is now being shipped, and we can't wait for customers to start unboxing their machines and finally getting to play the game.

More games will be shipping this week and next week, as we start gearing up for mass production in the weeks ahead - and we will continue to post more shipping photos here.

DSC_0995 (resized).JPGDSC_0995 (resized).JPG
DSC_0989 (resized).JPGDSC_0989 (resized).JPG
DSC_0992 (resized).JPGDSC_0992 (resized).JPG
DSC_0994 (resized).JPGDSC_0994 (resized).JPG

DSC_0998 (resized).JPGDSC_0998 (resized).JPG
DSC_1004 (resized).JPGDSC_1004 (resized).JPG
DSC_1005 (resized).JPGDSC_1005 (resized).JPG

C1 (resized).jpgC1 (resized).jpg

#10917 7 years ago

Andrew, you to slow!

Congrats!

#10918 7 years ago

Congrats Heighway!!!

#10919 7 years ago

Congrats to the team! Can't wait to try one.

(If anyone in Southern Ontario gets their Alien and wants to show it off... let me know)

#10920 7 years ago

Congrats! That's great news.

#10921 7 years ago

Overjoyed! Many people are waiting to play.

#10922 7 years ago

Congratulations Heighway! And AeonBlack will not die inside for at least one more day!

#10923 7 years ago

Oh , and you can see the guys name address and telephone number on the pic. Not sure if that was intended.

#10924 7 years ago

Big congrats to Andrew and team.

Another milestone reached for Heighwey.

Now hurry up with the add-on packages

#10925 7 years ago

Nice work Heighway

#10926 7 years ago

Lets all go to Pittsburg !!!!

#10927 7 years ago

Great milestone! Looking forward to the coming weeks

That black trim looks pretty nice too!

#10928 7 years ago

Yea!!! Congratulations.
Everyone can concentrate on the game and chill just a little.

#10929 7 years ago

ALIEN PINBALL - NOW SHIPPING!!
It has been a long time coming, but we reached another huge milestone today when we shipped out our first customer Alien Pinball game.
It has taken us a long time to get to this point, but the whole team is immensely proud of the game that is now being shipped, and we can't wait for customers to start unboxing their machines and finally getting to play the game.
More games will be shipping this week and next week, as we start gearing up for mass production in the weeks ahead - and we will continue to post more shipping photos here.

Congratulations Andrew.
It certainly looks cold in the UK atm!

Does the pinball that shipped have all final parts in there?
Any progress with the Australian Distributor?

#10930 7 years ago

Congrats guys!

#10932 7 years ago

Holy sheeeet ! Congrats Heighway and can't wait to play my dream pin! Woooot

#10933 7 years ago

Congrats! That is so awesome! I hope to see one on location some day.

#10934 7 years ago

That's awesome Andrew. Congrats.

I see Kulek crossed the pond to work for you

#10935 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, I wasn't going to bring it up but I thought the same thing...hope it isn't a bad omen.

#10936 7 years ago

Congrats Andrew and the Heighway team! Always great to see a new pin shipping.

#10937 7 years ago

Heck yeah! Pumped to play this.

#10938 7 years ago

Ok so who is the lucky guy getting this pin!

#10939 7 years ago

Well finally after 2 years and 10K+ posts on this subject we can all play it and not have to get in to any bitching or defending when that happens

#10940 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's awesome Andrew. Congrats.

That truly made me laugh!

#10941 7 years ago

Congrats Andrew and the whole team - this is a huge milestone. Well done!!

Looking forward to gameplay vids and reports ... bring it on

#10942 7 years ago

Congrats to Highway! I'm thinking an Alien standard is in my future.

#10943 7 years ago

Where does the headbox ship?
Are Heighway pinballs foldable? Haven't seen an unboxing

#10944 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Where does the headbox ship?
Are Heighway pinballs foldable? Haven't seen an unboxing

No, the backboxes aren't foldable. But they remove in about 30 seconds. Much easier for transporting and definitely easier for fitting through tight door frames.

The backbox is sandwiched with cardboard and wrap for shipping.

#10945 7 years ago

Congratulations! I know that 90% of the work takes 90% of the time and the last 10% takes the other 90%. Looking forward to the reviews, hope you knock it out of the park. Cheers!

#10946 7 years ago

Fuck yeah!

#10947 7 years ago

No, the backboxes aren't foldable. But they remove in about 30 seconds. Much easier for transporting and definitely easier for fitting through tight door frames.
The backbox is sandwiched with cardboard and wrap for shipping.

That's awesome to hear! What is the assembled weight on an Alien?

#10948 7 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That's awesome to hear! What is the assembled weight on an Alien?

115Kg without 27" backbox screen or 125Kg with it

#10949 7 years ago

115Kg without 27" backbox screen or 125Kg with it

275.578 pounds
Nice !!

#10950 7 years ago

andrew do you have the full throttle kits ready to ship with alien pin for those that are buying the ft kit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.