• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 490.
#9351 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you have some inside scoop?

Isn't Jk Rowling on record with her displeasure of the history of pinball concerning it's gambling roots? She is unlikely to ever allow her sacred HP universe to be used for pinball.

Unless someone can change her understanding of pinball and offer her something grandiose, that's just the way it is. Not to put too fine a point on it but considering her net worth is over a billion dollars it's unlikely any feasible amount of money can get her to so much as raise an eyebrow at the notion.

#9352 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Isn't Jk Rowling on record

I find mentions in pinball forums of people saying that, but no actual real world reporting of that actually happening. I would be shocked if pinball were on her radar at all if she is like the average person that gives it zero thought.

I'm still betting that's game 3 or 4.

#9353 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I find mentions in pinball forums of people saying that, but no actual real world reporting of that actually happening. I would be shocked if pinball were on her radar at all if she is like the average person that gives it zero thought.
I'm still betting that's game 3 or 4.

HP appeals to a wide age group. If that license could be secured by Heighway it would be so huge, especially after getting the revered Alien license. It's going to be interesting to see what future titles Heighway Pinball comes out with and watch the company evolve.

#9354 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I find mentions in pinball forums of people saying that, but no actual real world reporting of that actually happening.

Straight from Roger Sharpe himself:

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Straight from Roger Sharpe himself:

that's the one and only "source" in all of google-land, basically saying he gets it if she agrees....according to...him. Maybe other people pursuing the license had a different takeaway on her position if she is even on record.

#9356 2 years ago

The article is from 2014, so the situation may have changed somewhat since then.

#9357 2 years ago

Again Harry Potter has no place here, start a thread where you can discuss HP and WOZ and all those types and good luck to ya, this is for a pin that focuses around something cool, a giant Alien that gestates inside human beings then bursts out of their chest to reek havoc, and all the adventures going on around him. There are plenty of childish happy themes out there but don't bring that trash into this thread.

#9358 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There are plenty of childish happy themes out there but don't bring that trash into this thread.

cbe42704eeac060641265d99c18cc130 (resized).jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#9359 2 years ago

same point of view from me, its ALIEN... not the SMURFS

#9360 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that's the one and only "source" in all of google-land, basically saying he gets it if she agrees....according to...him. Maybe other people pursuing the license had a different takeaway on her position if she is even on record.

During a tour I took with my family Jody told us that Stern had conversations regarding licensing Harry Potter, and basically said the above (though, this was when Tron was on the line - this could have changed since then). I'm not a Harry Potter fan and didn't bring up the topic to him, for whatever that's worth.

#9361 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Again Harry Potter has no place here, start a thread where you can discuss HP and WOZ and all those types and good luck to ya, this is for a pin that focuses around something cool, a giant Alien that gestates inside human beings then bursts out of their chest to reek havoc, and all the adventures going on around him. There are plenty of childish happy themes out there but don't bring that trash into this thread.

lighten up Francis...you've now proven you are "hardcore" lol, it's pinball

#9362 2 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

During a tour I took with my family Jody told us that Stern had conversations regarding licensing Harry Potter, and basically said the above

could be then. Maybe Andrew has a more charming personality than Jody? Would be a HUGE seller, rooting for Heighway.

#9363 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

lighten up Francis...you've now proven you are "hardcore" lol, it's pinball

Hardcore? sorry but I don't even know what that means, just keep your magic boy out of the thread.

#9364 2 years ago

Found some video I took of my son playing Alien the Saturday morning of Expo right after the machines got up and running. Not the greatest for seeing multiple modes, etc. but it's something - uploaded it here:

#9365 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Hardcore? sorry but I don't even know what that means, just keep your magic boy out of the thread

#9366 2 years ago

Wow what a comeback, do me a favor and don't wake up, thanks

#9367 2 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Found some video I took of my son playing Alien the Saturday morning of Expo right after the machines got up and running. Not the greatest for seeing multiple modes, etc. but it's something - uploaded it here:
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. Video looks great.

#9368 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow what a comeback

no comeback, not looking to get in a junk measuring contest on the internet. You could be a little nicer making your point about it being an Alien thread, but that's up to you obviously. I'll go ahead and place you on ignore which will solve the problem on my end. I'll also go ahead and discuss whatever I want regardless. Happy Holidays.

#9369 2 years ago

Any word on the replacement on the queen alien?

#9370 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

no comeback, not looking to get in a junk measuring contest on the internet. You could be a little nicer making your point about it being an Alien thread, but that's up to you obviously. I'll go ahead and place you on ignore which will solve the problem on my end. I'll also go ahead and discuss whatever I want regardless. Happy Holidays.

Sounds good.

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Any word on the replacement on the queen alien?

Yeah. Andrew posted this two days ago:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The unloved "Queen Chamber" has now been removed and replaced with something else. We will reveal this feature as we get closer to our release date. The Queen is still planned to appear eleswhere - but again, we will reveal details of this later

#9372 2 years ago

So I know the lighting effects on Alien were very basic at Expo, but I'm hoping a lot of thought gets put into their coding & effects. Specifically to help accentuate the mood, music & stress levels of the modes. Complex lighting effects throughout the GI & inserts is such a huge benefit of modern machines IMO.

For example, I was able to experience Horde mode on TWD recently, and Lyman really did an outstanding job with the pulsating red lights, the ominous pulsing music & the walkers coming closer on the DMD. Really well done mode overall, and does a great job of creating a stressful situation for the player, with the opportunity to score some big points.

Hopefully you guys will be able to come up with something along these lines for the mini wizard modes, such as Alien Self Destruct mode. Pulsing lights, David's music, beacon toppers spinning, with that flashing red X countdown clock on the LCD screen, while MUTHUR keeps telling me I have X minutes to reach minimum safe distance.... I cannot wait to experience this mode

#9373 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So I know the lighting effects on Alien were very basic at Expo, but I'm hoping a lot of thought gets put into their coding & effects. Specifically to help accentuate the mood, music & stress levels of the modes. Complex lighting effects throughout the GI & inserts is such a huge benefit of modern machines IMO.

Agreed 1000% and with full RGB GI and inserts there's no excuse to not make it killer. Joe just needs time with a physical machine to really work on lighting effects, that will be coming.

#9374 2 years ago

Is there any chance the LE's are close to sold out . I only got a choice between 3 numbers when I ordered, which was around expo reveal.

Email reply times seem to have been fixed, at least in my case. Don't get discouraged from that.

#9375 2 years ago

Australian distributor?

#9376 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Australian distributor?

This has been sorted now. We will be announcing them shortly

#9377 2 years ago

you can find some good pics of the prototype here and a video of the sentry gun multiball

https://www.facebook.com/rspinball/

#9378 2 years ago

1) I have downloaded Zen pinballs version of Alien/s. Lets hope heighway capture the same audio atomosphere OR BETTER as zen does.

2) And noticed ripley quotes and sigourneys likeness is in Zen. How did they get licensing and heighway not?

#9379 2 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

2) And noticed ripley quotes and sigourneys likeness is in Zen. How did they get licensing and heighway not?

I watched the Dory movie with my kids last weekend. It was filled with Sigourney Weaver quotes. Really sad. She must seriously need the money.

#9380 2 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I watched the Dory movie with my kids last weekend. It was filled with Sigourney Weaver quotes. Really sad. She must seriously need the money.

Yeah, I thought it was a little odd that they worked "Stay away from her, you bitch" into a Disney movie, but I guess they have to appeal to all ages.

#9381 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed 1000% and with full RGB GI and inserts there's no excuse to not make it killer. Joe just needs time with a physical machine to really work on lighting effects, that will be coming.

Are there no flashers in the game? Especially the second movie is 80% strobe...

#9382 2 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day!

#9383 2 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

Are there no flashers in the game? Especially the second movie is 80% strobe...

With full RGB lighting, seperate strobes aren't necessarily necessary. For example with WOZ, the insert lights are all able serve as small strobes with amazingly good results. It can literally be blinding.

#9384 2 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

1) I have downloaded Zen pinballs version of Alien/s. Lets hope heighway capture the same audio atomosphere OR BETTER as zen does.

Zen Pinball is developed and sold as a videogame, and obtains licenses as such. It's an entirely different category from pinball, with very different criteria involved.

#9385 2 years ago

any one interested in a full throttle??

Archived after 521 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Full Throttle Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Up for sale is my Full Throttle $6000. Black on black cabinet, upgraded Led screen all ready to go. I have changed out the orange ktm looking bike for a super bike. The speakers...”
2017-02-24
Rio Rancho, NM

#9386 2 years ago

They mostly come out at night ... mostly! (the updates that is) ...

Maybe we can build a fire, sing a couple of songs!

#9387 2 years ago

I will own this game one day! Terrible negotiating tactic, I know..but damn! Can't wait to try one next may in Edmonton

#9388 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I will own this game one day! Terrible negotiating tactic, I know..but damn! Can't wait to try one next may in Edmonton

What you wore out that Metallica already??

I also feel like this game wants me bring it home...

#9389 2 years ago

Andrew, is there any chance or time frame on another mode preview video? Any sneak peak would be appreciated, the preview of Bug Hunt was awesome!!

#9390 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Andrew, is there any chance or time frame on another mode preview video? Any sneak peak would be appreciated, the preview of Bug Hunt was awesome!!

Was the YouTube stream from the Chicago pinball event ever made available?

#9391 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Was the YouTube stream from the Chicago pinball event ever made available?

I don't know, I was just hoping for another mode preview video as the Bug Hunt teaser video was freaking awesome!

#9392 2 years ago

So is the game really going to start shipping in the next week or so? Has anyone heard anything?

#9393 2 years ago

Give them time….I can't see anything shipping until next year….

#9394 2 years ago

Last I heard games will be shipping December/January so I would assume February/March.

#9395 2 years ago

what happened to the forum on your Heighway website?

#9396 2 years ago

It's kind of funny people want a family mode for this pin to reduce gore with so many other arcade vids/pins include blood. Oh well. It's nice Heighway's team can do that for them.

#9397 2 years ago

Will someone being doing a release party in America when it ships?

#9398 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Whenever I get my game I'll probably do a west coast party. When that will happen, or when games are shipping I couldn't tell you, not something I have the insight into.

Maybe Brian will do something in Florida?

#9399 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

We'd love to at our location in Charlotte, NC

#9400 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whenever I get my game I'll probably do a west coast party. When that will happen, or when games are shipping I couldn't tell you, not something I have the insight into.

You mean we can't actually take Andrew's word for it?

Seems pretty specific:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Everyone in the company, and involved with the company, is working flat out to release the first 20 Alien Pinball Standard Edition games in early December. 10 more games are due to follow before our 2 week Christmas/New Year shutdown (16th December - 2nd January).
These 10 games may or may not be LEs - depending on progress in the coming weeks.
100 LE games are scheduled for January, and every month thereafter, as a minimum. This means that we will be able to deliver games much faster to our customers in the future.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside