• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 494.
#5451 3 years ago

Getting ready for alien day
image_(resized).jpeg

#5452 3 years ago

I sure hope we get an update tomorrow. It is needed!

#5453 3 years ago

Getting ready for alien day and Texas Frightmare weekend w/ Lance Henriksen

-Jeff

20160424_172450_(resized).jpg

#5454 3 years ago

Just a heads up, since it's not being advertised much elsewhere, but the 30th Anniversary version of the Aliens comic comes out tomorrow as well!

amazon.com link »

Lots of fantastic artwork in there, and the story is fun.

#5457 3 years ago

Anyone who thought Alien Day was a real holiday and needed to be told it was created for marketing purposes has to be a moron, right? And it's not as if real holidays are any better when it comes to exploitation by marketers.

#5458 3 years ago

I went to Hallmark to get a card for me mum, and they said I was an idiot for believing in Alien.

#5460 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I went to Hallmark to get a card for me mum, and they said I was an idiot for believing in Alien.

Cards for mothers on Mothers Day. Cards for aliens on Aliens day.

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Cards for mothers on Mothers Day. Cards for aliens on Aliens day.

My mom is an alien.

(definitely undocumented)

#5462 3 years ago

My Mom eats cake, is she an Alien?

30936_(resized).jpg

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Anyone who thought Alien Day was a real holiday and needed to be told it was created for marketing purposes has to be a moron, right? And it's not as if real holidays are any better when it comes to exploitation by marketers.

Wait.... So you're saying that I'll have to go to work today???

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's why my phone kept ringing. It was my boss telling me it was not a holliday. Guess I will have to go to work... I'm such a moron!!

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Lol, well you dont have a aleins pin to play yet, but maybe a video to watch? Common Fox...

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Lol, well you dont have a aleins pin to play yet, but maybe a video to watch? Common Fox...

Well, I still got my ID4 BTW, Resurgence is coming...!

#5468 3 years ago

Any chance for it to happen still today Heighway team?

#5469 3 years ago

This is the only thing I found... Not what I was hoping to see.

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/blog/pinball/alien-pinball-machine-update.html

#5470 3 years ago

Just picked up both the Prometheus and Aliens records, and I managed to score one of the Killian Eng Alien posters (should look good next to his Mad Max Fury Road poster). Was hoping to grab mondo's liquid filled record and possibly the Jay Shaw x-ray poster, but no dice (which is what I expected).

#5471 3 years ago

I was on the site right at the exact time they went on sale and everything was sold out within the couple of seconds it took me to put a poster in my cart.

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I was on the site right at the exact time they went on sale and everything was sold out within the couple of seconds it took me to put a poster in my cart.

Welcome to the world of Mondo. Limited supply, ridiculous demand.

#5473 3 years ago

my mother's birthday is today, but I couldn't find an alien queen b-day card for her

#5474 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just picked up both the Prometheus and Aliens records, and I managed to score one of the Killian Eng Alien posters (should look good next to his Mad Max Fury Road poster). Was hoping to grab mondo's liquid filled record and possibly the Jay Shaw x-ray poster, but no dice (which is what I expected).

Aliens Soundtrack on Black Vinyl for me I've been looking for the other variant pressings (clear/blue& yellow) for awhile now, but they are always listed as double the price of this re-release. Very happy they decided to make more of them, one of the best soundtracks ever IMO!

#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

my mother's birthday is today, but I couldn't find an alien queen b-day card for her

Found one for you

https://www.hallmarkecards.com/ecards/alien-day-426-npg5482

#5477 3 years ago

They talk about an interview but I don't see one, and the information contained seems to be old or recycled for the most part. Looks like a document they wanted to put out to coincide with Alien Day to get hits ... don't think it's relevant at all.

#5478 3 years ago

Gotta say the blood splattered cake is pretty well done!

#5479 3 years ago

great vid man..... love the ginger cake the best

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

alien_hug_(resized).jpg

#5481 3 years ago

Happy Alien Day!
Here's the official Alien Pinball play gear:

facehugger_ski_mask_1_(resized).jpg

#5482 3 years ago

Lunch time on the west coast... It's not looking promising but I still have my fingers crossed!

#5483 3 years ago

No update today?

tumblr_n4su3m7Zh31sp4nfqo2_500_(resized).png

#5484 3 years ago

I thought Andrew said video today no?

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I thought Andrew said video today no?

I don't think he did.

Ahh...possibly

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To give you all an update - we have submitted a gameplay video to FOX for release on Alien Day.
I must emphasise that timings are tight and that there's every chance it won't be approved in time. But there's also a chance that it will.
If it's not approved for Alien Day then hopefully it will be approved soon after.

#5486 3 years ago

lol alien pinball lol Half the people in this hobby support <staff edit> how are they going to be able to stomach a ALIEN in their house lol. Will there be a wall around it lol

#5487 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

Alas - the video hasn't been approved yet. It's still in the (submission) system so hopefully i will have some news in the next few days.

Apologies - I was hoping to show it to you all today

#5488 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
Alas - the video hasn't been approved yet. It's still in the (submission) system so hopefully i will have some news in the next few days.

We'll eagerly await!!!

#5489 3 years ago
#5490 3 years ago

No problems waiting.......

images(36)_(resized).jpg

#5491 3 years ago

Andrew,

I know this is late in the game, but a bit of advice/request/need....

Just downloaded the Pinball FX2 Aliens table last night and played it a bunch. This is the first time they've ever used actual movie quotes instead of sound-alikes, and it made a world of difference. If they can get the rights to the actual call-outs, so can you.

However, while playing there was something wrong, something that felt totally off. I wasn't playing "ALIENS", I was playing a close facsimilie of it. What was wrong?

The Music.

I am asking you now, your ALIENS pinball absolutely MUST have the original James Horner score (and preferrably the Jerry Goldsmith one from the original ALIEN). It is vital for setting the mood of the films. Just listen;

Please, please make it happen.

Thanks,
EV

#5492 3 years ago

For me, listening to the sound and movie quotes from the Pinball FX games makes me more sure that Aurich's artwork vision is the way to go. The PFX artwork and lighting just has no atmosphere at all. The sound and quotes ooze Alien/s atmosphere and tension but what you're seeing with your own eyes totally lacks it. In contrast, it looks like Heighway is shooting for dark brooding and tense atmosphere being the primary creative goal for the design of this game.

#5493 3 years ago

I don't doubt Heighway's pinball will be awesome, but those Zen Pinball Alien games kick serious asses! Loved it to DETH!

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Andrew,
I know this is late in the game, but a bit of advice/request/need....
Just downloaded the Pinball FX2 Aliens table last night and played it a bunch. This is the first time they've ever used actual movie quotes instead of sound-alikes, and it made a world of difference. If they can get the rights to the actual call-outs, so can you.
However, while playing there was something wrong, something that felt totally off. I wasn't playing "ALIENS", I was playing a close facsimilie of it. What was wrong?
The Music.
I am asking you now, your ALIENS pinball absolutely MUST have the original James Horner score (and preferrably the Jerry Goldsmith one from the original ALIEN). It is vital for setting the mood of the films. Just listen;
» YouTube video
Please, please make it happen.
Thanks,
EV

if the game could start with the with the opening background/score of the first movie as you see the nostromo floating there that would be way cool. that is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the elements that made that movie so cool. here's a neat video about the music in the movie. there's not a lot of face paced violent music. just kinda creepy

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

For me, listening to the sound and movie quotes from the Pinball FX games makes me more sure that Aurich's artwork vision is the way to go. The PFX artwork and lighting just has no atmosphere at all. The sound and quotes ooze Alien/s atmosphere and tension but what you're seeing with your own eyes totally lacks it. In contrast, it looks like Heighway is shooting for dark brooding and tense atmosphere being the primary creative goal for the design of this game.

I see what you are saying. What makes Alien so impactful as a film is its ability to combine the vastness (openness) of space with the terror of being trapped inside a small air duct on a ship. Personally I feel the ship and it's corridors / hallways would have been a better way to go, but tricky since the game has to reflect both movies. Any idea if the video coming will be fully populated playfield?

#5496 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

It's ok. Just don't email my boss!

#5497 3 years ago

I doubt a pinball game is going to have time for long slow musical builds creating vastness of space/impression of tension...you'll likely have to watch the movie for that...or they can put it in the attract mode and you can kick back and listen to your pinball machine

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I am asking you now, your ALIENS pinball absolutely MUST have the original James Horner score (and preferrably the Jerry Goldsmith one from the original ALIEN). It is vital for setting the mood of the films.

I agree, all movie-based pinball games should have the original music and not an electronic mock up (which I hate). But in most cases this isn't possible, for various reasons.

However, we have David Thiel and his compositions for our game are fantastic. He captures the atmosphere of both films perfectly. And there's no one more picky about music in pinball than me.

Music can massively change the atmosphere of any game. Terminator 2 is the best example - in the digital world I was able to create my own version of Terminator 2 but removed all the original music and added Brad Fiedel's superb score (from both films). Later I think PinSound were able to do the same thing to the real tables.

Nothing is better than the original music from the original composers but I think Alien is the closest any pinball game has been to offering a decent alternative.

#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I agree, all movie-based pinball games should have the original music and not an electronic mock up (which I hate). But in most cases this isn't possible, for various reasons.
However, we have David Thiel and his compositions for our game are fantastic. He captures the atmosphere of both films perfectly. And there's no one more picky about music in pinball than me.
Music can massively change the atmosphere of any game. Terminator 2 is the best example - in the digital world I was able to create my own version of Terminator 2 but removed all the original music and added Brad Fiedel's superb score (from both films). Later I think PinSound were able to do the same thing to the real tables.
Nothing is better than the original music from the original composers but I think Alien is the closest any pinball game has been to offering a decent alternative.

Good info there Slam, cheers for that. Reading between the lines does that mean that no original film score music will be in the game? Sounds like you have the second best thing though.

#5500 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Do you have a link to your table so I can hear your T2 score/mix?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside