zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 601.
#15701 6 years ago

What is a swap kit for Full Throttle?

#15702 6 years ago

You would get the playfield and side panel art in a crate so you could switch out games.

For Full Throttle it may require a ZBox cpu to be compatible with future games (? last I heard).

#15703 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Let's see some unboxing pics!!!

I will get mine in 10 weeks then alot of pics is coming

#15704 6 years ago

That's a good question. Is new management still supporting the swappable playfield?

#15705 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's a good question. Is new management still supporting the swappable playfield?

Off course. It is one of their unique selling points.

#15706 6 years ago

So I just sent another $60 to Pinstadium for their GI integration upgrade on their 360 degree lighting mod. It's a race to see which I get first, my lights or Alien. I'm hoping for Alien!

#15709 6 years ago

Yes I prefer those kind!

#15710 6 years ago

Damn Art, near spat my bourbon out!

#15711 6 years ago

I was going to say, bourbon for breakfast at 6 AM?!?

What a champ!

Melbourne.....gotta visit one day....

#15712 6 years ago

I can say that Daniel has been communicating and working with me to get my complicated situation resolved.

The SE's are being built and LE's still seem to be in the distance. Actual news!

#15713 6 years ago

Good deal here.

For you Alien owners, consider this the Full Throttle kit (LE). It comes with a cabinet and large LCD!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “1 owner HOU Full Throttle purchased NIB at 2016 Texas Pinball Festival. This game works 100%. This is the standard edition with the large LCD upgrade. The color is black on black....”
2017-07-02
Shreveport, LA
5,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 2427 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15714 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I can say that Daniel has been communicating and working with me to get my complicated situation resolved.
The SE's are being built and LE's still seem to be in the distance. Actual news!

Same here. I had a rather complicated order which was changed a few times in the course of two years but was not updated in their system and after some (very good) communication with Daniel and Morgan they decided to honor the agreements I made with Andrew.

Daniel also kept me up to date of the things going on in the factory and what their goal was. After the public announcement they did I was happy to see that it was exactly like I was told.

I am now more confident than ever that this will be a succes and that Alien will be epic.

#15715 6 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

For you Alien owners, consider this the Full Throttle kit (LE). It comes with a cabinet and large LCD!

A kit will probably approach 5k with the "new" Heighway so this is a flat out steal. $1500 discount?!

Alternately, get this and when they get the kits shipping, grab an Alien!

#15716 6 years ago

Figured a few of y'all may be interested in this:

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/official-limited-edition-alien-28-inch-pinball-art-print-signed-numbered/

Alien-Pinball-Queen-Art-Print3 (resized).jpgAlien-Pinball-Queen-Art-Print3 (resized).jpg

#15717 6 years ago

Just snagged one!

#15718 6 years ago

just listened to the podcast, and immediately head over to this thread once he said there were 100 for sale. Just bought one!

#15719 6 years ago

Holy Hell. In the UK, Home Leisure Direct price is now £9000 for an LE if you want the 27" screen in. Wow, that is an increase of almost £2K from what they had it up for before the Heighway fiasco!
Even the basic SE without the 27" screen or any other additions is now £7499 which is £350 more than the LE WITH the 27" screen used to be!
I think that is going into the too rich for my blood territory..

#15720 6 years ago

Ha, even Full Throttle SE has gone up to £6999. That was £5500 only a month or two ago! £7999 for the LE. Crazy.

#15721 6 years ago

Pretty sweet, I have some other Aliens art that will frame nicely around this. Gonna look sweet next to my game(if/when I ever get it).

#15722 6 years ago

Gotta have that artwork. Thanks for sharing the link.

#15723 6 years ago

So £8000 for an SE with 27" in the UK.
$8000 for the same in the US from Coin Taker. That is about £6000. Why is it £2000 more to buy in the UK?! I'm about 50 miles from Wales ffs!

#15724 6 years ago

VAT?

#15725 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

So £8000 for an SE with 27" in the UK.
$8000 for the same in the US from Coin Taker. That is about £6000. Why is it £2000 more to buy in the UK?! I'm about 50 miles from Wales ffs!

I assume you're paying the UK VAT which is probably 17-20%, in the states we have different sales tax from state to state, usually 7-10%. So the cointaker US price is listed without sales tax added, base price without tax and without shipping. Still sounds like you're getting the short end though.

#15726 6 years ago

Gone are the days when you could pick up an alien se for cheaper than a stern pro in the uk. Star wars retails for £6295, yet alien from hld went from from £5650 inc vat to £7499 inc vat

#15727 6 years ago

The whole Heighway system was launched as a cheaper alternative to pinflation and the only company trying to offer full-featured next generation pinball at competitive pricing, but now it seems it's full-featured pinball at full-featured price.

But obviously THAT company also was to have 3 titles a year starting in 2014, and there's been years of cash burn since then. Just a bummer about "what might have been".

#15728 6 years ago

It appears they are aligning themselves with JJP's current pricing structure with the base game 8k and the LE 9k US. The problem is that JJP has a solid reputation to backup on at this point, whereas HP is dicey, given its history and uncertain future.

#15729 6 years ago

Did anyone seriously think they wouldn't raise the prices on non preordered pins with new owners coming in to right the ship to make the company functional and profitable? I think it was kind of expected... although it would have been nice if the price jump wasn't quite as much.

#15730 6 years ago

Obviously the company Andrew started was not viable. I don't resent the new ownership from trying to make it work. They've taken a gamble. If all the refunds are taken care of (and seems most are, and the rest likely will be), then they "owe" no one anything, and then it's on them to offer an attractive pinball at a price that will sell.

#15731 6 years ago

Yes! Didn't they say right from the start that the new prices would be higher. But, if you didn't get a refund, your price was locked in....

#15732 6 years ago

Didn't container get some last week.
Where did they end up?

#15733 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Didn't container get some last week.
Where did they end up?

We just got one locally on location at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo NY.

#15734 6 years ago

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created:

THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

Alien-16x9-Video-Frame-Thumbnail (resized).jpgAlien-16x9-Video-Frame-Thumbnail (resized).jpg

#15735 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video
THANKS SO MUCH for all the positive feedback I've gotten for about the design. It was truly one of my favorite projects ever.

That backglass art is truly amazing! Great work, sir! The highlight of the Alien LE package.

#15736 6 years ago

Great job Brian , thanks for sharing the video . Amazing process.

#15737 6 years ago

Ordered!

#15738 6 years ago

So

Quoted from Bryno:Ha, even Full Throttle SE has gone up to £6999. That was £5500 only a month or two ago! £7999 for the LE. Crazy.

What was the original going rate for a L/E in USD when initially available for pre-order?

#15739 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi - hope I can post this here. My name is Brian Allen, I'm the artist who illustrated the backglass Alien Queen for the LE. I thought you guys might be interested in seeing this speed-painting video of how the artwork was created: » YouTube video

Wow...amazing!!!...LE #212 is mine, but I'm getting the large monitor on the backbox. Your translite will be going in a light box next to the machine....will hope to get your signature on it at some point!!! Great job, and super excited....

#15740 6 years ago

brian-allen the prints look superb. Any chance of printing these on a translite format so they can be backlit?

#15741 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

brian-allen the prints look superb. Any chance of printing these on a translite format so they can be backlit?

This is the LE translite, correct?

#15742 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So

What was the original going rate for a L/E in USD when initially available for pre-order?

$7850.00 terms, $7650.00 paid in full. $6950, and I've got a badass LE on my door eventually ( I would have spent my deposit on trash by now, so I don't even count it)....

#15743 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes! Didn't they say right from the start that the new prices would be higher. But, if you didn't get a refund, your price was locked in....

Yep

#15744 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Same here. I had a rather complicated order which was changed a few times in the course of two years but was not updated in their system and after some (very good) communication with Daniel and Morgan they decided to honor the agreements I made with Andrew.
Daniel also kept me up to date of the things going on in the factory and what their goal was. After the public announcement they did I was happy to see that it was exactly like I was told.
I am now more confident than ever that this will be a succes and that Alien will be epic.

They are honoring my pricing, as well....I don't mind waiting for my LE ( and they said they would be honoring the early preorders first on the LE's)...I'll be keeping it awhile.....

#15745 6 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

So this isn't really hand drawn art? Sorry if I am missing something. Old guy here.

#15746 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

So this isn't really hand drawn art? Sorry if I am missing something. Old guy here.

Lots of artists draw digitally now so mistakes are easy fixes plus there are some effects you can't get with traditional tools. It's still hand drawn but now it's on a screen. I've watched Spawn creator Todd McFarlane draw digitally and it's pretty impressive.

#15747 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...amazing!!!...LE #212 is mine, but I'm getting the large monitor on the backbox. Your translite will be going in a light box next to the machine....will hope to get your signature on it at some point!!! Great job, and super excited....

Ditto. Stoked. #125. Looks awesome!

#15748 6 years ago

Despite immense verbal insults/ frowns/ and general naysayery from my buds in the league, looks like my se with shaker and pdi glass will be sent end of August. Just like many of us I have flip flopped on refund, or stay in. My communication with hpb has been consistent. They get back to me pretty quick. They will honor my original pricing, and I like this.

My plan was to sell it nib with a hefty markup for that rich guy who must have everything right now, no compromise, and no waiting.

Plans change tho don't they? I was going to flip it into the new sw game, but I actually played it on route, and my plan changed. Perhaps a second hand sw riiight before tax season is in my future...time will tell.

Now I'm planning on a fkn giant opening party with all the naysaying punters invited... they are my buds after all.....

#15749 6 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Lots of artists draw digitally now so mistakes are easy fixes plus there are some effects you can't get with traditional tools. It's still hand drawn but now it's on a screen. I've watched Spawn creator Todd McFarlane draw digitally and it's pretty impressive.

To be clear. Not drawn on paper or canvas with pen, brush etc. like EM and pre-translite SS artists created it? So no actual original exists? Just something digital on a screen?

#15750 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

To be clear. Not drawn on paper or canvas with pen, brush etc. like EM and pre-translite SS artists created it? So no actual original exists? Just something digital on a screen?

Based on his workflow video, it looks like there is an original hand drawn piece of artwork that is scanned in and worked over digitally with the software.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/315 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.