zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 601.
#18101 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

What purpose do the weapons serve in gameplay.
I've got to figure out what's wrong with my button and why it's not lighting up.

Sorry, I don't know why your Launch button isn't lighting up.

The weapons, in order that they're awarded:

VP-70 Handgun: increase bonus X
Ithaca 37 Shotgun: award 2 Xenomorph hits
M-56 Smart Gun: award the most valuable (*) shot on the playfield
M-41A Pulse Rifle: start 2X Playfield scoring
M-240 Flamethrower: start ball saver

(*) in V1.02 code, this awards "a pretty good" shot... newer code actually awards the shot that is literally most valuable at the time

I hope the weapons add a fun new dimension of play to those who choose to explore them!

#18102 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you want to pretend your a doomed space marine, why not go with Vasquez? At least she was a badass.

then u have to sleep with that goof with the thing hanging off his hat, and hes a man I enjoyed all the Alien films, thats right all of them but the marines are my least favorite part of the whole thing. When I get one then its all me in the lead role, forget about the marines and Ripley.

#18103 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sorry, I don't know why your Launch button isn't lighting up.
The weapons, in order that they're awarded:
VP-70 Handgun: increase bonus X
Ithaca 37 Shotgun: award 2 Xenomorph hits
M-56 Smart Gun: award the most valuable (*) shot on the playfield
M-41A Pulse Rifle: start 2X Playfield scoring
M-240 Flamethrower: start ball saver
(*) in V1.02 code, this awards "a pretty good" shot... newer code actually awards the shot that is literally most valuable at the time
I hope the weapons add a fun new dimension of play to those who choose to explore them!

Attaching how launch lights when a gun is available as mentioned by @ferret.

20171029_083945 (resized).jpg20171029_083945 (resized).jpg

#18104 6 years ago

I had a chance to play an Alien last night. I think it was an early made game as it didn't have the xenomorph head, I assume the owner is waiting on a replacement. Overall the game is really cool. My only knock against the game is that it's too dark with not 1 spotlight on the playfield. However, the animations, shots, lighting effects, rules, and audio are all excellent. The cabinet felt very solid and well made. If Highway can the get the bugs worked out and offer consistent build quality + support for customers I think they will sell a lot of these games.

#18105 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I had a chance to play an Alien last night. I think it was an early made game as it didn't have the xenomorph head, I assume the owner is waiting on a replacement. Overall the game is really cool. My only knock against the game is that it's too dark with not 1 spotlight on the playfield. However, the animations, shots, lighting effects, rules, and audio are all excellent. The cabinet felt very solid and well made. If Highway can the get the bugs worked out and offer consistent build quality + support for customers I think they will sell a lot of these games.

Its unfortunate that people are still running into mostly proto games in the wild. I feel like the production games adds so much more to the experience. A working Xenomorph is a big deal and going from code .94 to 1.02 is a pretty big jump a well.

#18106 6 years ago

Does anyone see the side illuminated blades lighting up, dimming, tuning off and on in modes modes?

#18107 6 years ago

so after some further testing, the distortion that occurs on my embedded PF monitor happens automatically after the machine has been on for a hour or more. It happens everytime, not initiated by anything. I can just leave it on and come back and hour later and that distortion is there. The image that is distorted over the correct image seems to be interference from another screen (usually the main one with stats). I wonder if it's a CPU overheating thing or something to that effect. Will try VGA connection when it arrives (this is DVI).

Doing a full reset clears the majority of it otherwise it clears itself or you want for 15 min and then it clears. This is why I think it might be CPU. I might put a fan in there to see if it helps

Edit it doesn't. Think it's the screen itself....

Mission Authorized!

#18108 6 years ago

Attaching pic of my launch button wiring as I received a few pms about it.... If it can help others

20171029_104407 (resized).jpg20171029_104407 (resized).jpg

#18109 6 years ago

Glad games are going out. Hope you guys who have been waiting get made whole. Would like to own one someday. But, man looking at the pics, the builds remind me of a home brew setup.

#18110 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Glad games are going out. Hope you guys who have been waiting get made whole. Would like to own one someday. But, man looking at the pics, the builds remind me of a home brew setup.

I can see how some of the inside pics could give you this impression but it's built solid. Absolutely smokes stern. I would say same playfield as JJP although jjp wins the complete package but farthest you can be from Homebrew.

#18111 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can see how some of the inside pics could give you this impression but it's built solid. Absolutely smokes stern. I would say same playfield as JJP although jjp wins the complete package but farthest you can be from Homebrew.

I should have been clearer. Don’t mean any offense. I’m just talking about the wiring pics. Cab and playfield look good and the game looks like fun to play.

#18112 6 years ago

The metal parts look about 3x thicker than the last new stern I owned. The tweaks or adjustments seem on par with my expectation from any nib. I'm sure expectations vary; this guy is a happy camper.

#18113 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I should have been clearer. Don’t mean any offense. I’m just talking about the wiring pics. Cab and playfield look good and the game looks like fun to play.

No I got you. Welcome all input here.

#18114 6 years ago

Point is, the wire harness doesnt have a clean look. I put it low on the priority scale but I hope at some point it gets cleaned up a bit. Overall the game looks solidly built, just a few areas to tidy up.

#18115 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Point is, the wire harness doesnt have a clean look. I put it low on the priority scale but I hope at some point it gets cleaned up a bit. Overall the game looks solidly built, just a few areas to tidy up.

This^^^^^^I refer yet again to the early WOZ builds.....everyone sees how amazing that turned out. Can assure you the wiring was MILES from where it is now.....Alien is quite far from a “ home brew”......

#18116 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The metal parts look about 3x thicker than the last new stern I owned.

don't make this thread another vs Stern, its built well and thats a good thing, WTF does Stern have to do with it?

#18117 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

don't make this thread another vs Stern, its built well and thats a good thing, WTF does Stern have to do with it?

I don't see any issue with comparing against the leaders in the industry so that others understand what HP is doing. He's just using them as an example since most have experience with stern.

#18118 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't see any issue with comparing against the leaders in the industry so that others understand what HP is doing. He's just using them as an example since most have experience with stern.

Ur probably right, metal parts are of great concern to most buyers, anyone know the exact specs on the metallurgy used in HP games vs Stern? it would help with future purchases, come on man.

#18119 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur probably right, metal parts are of great concern to most buyers, anyone know the exact specs on the metallurgy used in HP games vs Stern? it would help with future purchases, come on man.

You're right. Thanks for trafficing the thread for others and confirming what's important for them and what's not. Appreciate it.

#18120 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Take it easy. It's a point of reference. The heighway mechs are substantially thicker metal than the current market leader. I don't see jjp or any other current brand pins every day so I can't make a comparison. Build quality matters to me and has influenced my pin purchases.

#18121 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You're right. Thanks for trafficing the thread for others and confirming what's important for them and what's not. Appreciate it.

No problem.

#18122 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Take it easy. It's a point of reference. The heighway mechs are substantially thicker metal than the current market leader. I don't see jjp or any other current brand pins every day so I can't make a comparison. Build quality matters to me and has influenced my pin purchases.

That's cool I've just never heard the "weak metal" thing before, well...........

winger01 (resized).jpgwinger01 (resized).jpg

#18123 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's cool I've just never heard the "weak metal" thing before, well...........

But, she's only 17! Haz the perv!

#18124 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Weak metal, agreed....reinforced hairspray...evident....too funny!!!

#18125 6 years ago

Finally got mine up and running other than the xeno. It's a fun game when it works.

This is what you can accomplish when multiball never shuts off. I finally got tired of playing and shut it off. I've had it happen several times now. Wondering if this is a stuck switch or possibly a code problem. Anyone else experience the same thing?

20171029_124940 (resized).jpg20171029_124940 (resized).jpg

#18126 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Finally got mine up and running other than the xeno. It's a fun game when it works.
This is what you can accomplish when multiball never shuts off. I finally got tired of playing and shut it off. I've had it happen several times now. Wondering if this is a stuck switch or possibly a code problem. Anyone else experience the same thing?

I think they identified that bug earlier in the thread.....would still keep that score however, as technically “ glass on”

#18127 6 years ago

Hate to mention it, have you manually removed all balls and counted them?
Having one too many would do exactly that

#18128 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Funny you mention this yes hyper sleep multi-ball is attained through hitting the left upper ramp with the right upper flipper and locking three balls I just got that multi-ball for the first time today and it was endless the scream again lights were flashing and kept spitting out balls, I had to shut the game off so it's definitely a code bug. Basically the scream again ball timer never shut off, that needs to be addressed in the code update.

I've never experienced this during the normal Xeno multi-ball hitting the two targets up the center there.

#18129 6 years ago

Man...seems like there is a lot to do...once the bugs are squashed this will be a must have!!!

#18130 6 years ago

Quick question:

Are machines currently shipping? Is Heighway Pinball in full production? One mailed Morgan last week with no response. Ordered a Le years ago.

#18131 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question:
Are machines currently shipping? Is Heighway Pinball in full production? One mailed Morgan last week with no response. Ordered a Le years ago.

Quick answer....They are shipping Standards slowly now, LE’s around the corner. My LE PREorder probably as old ( if not older) than yours.....think we are close....

#18132 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

So far mine has never done this.

Oh...and I fixed my launch button light ...loose bulb.

#18133 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So far mine has never done this.
Oh...and I fixed my launch button lite...loose bulb.

SWEET!!!

#18134 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Funny you mention this yes hyper sleep multi-ball is attained through hitting the left upper ramp with the right upper flipper and locking three balls I just got that multi-ball for the first time today and it was endless the scream again lights were flashing and kept spitting out balls, I had to shut the game off so it's definitely a code bug. Basically the scream again ball timer never shut off, that needs to be addressed in the code update.
I've never experienced this during the normal Xeno multi-ball hitting the two targets up the center there.

Bu chance did you have Sentry Guns Multiball running at the same time as Hypersleep Multiball?

#18135 6 years ago

Repeating an earlier message I wrote on this...

If anyone encounters what seems to be an infinite ball saver or infinite multiball and want to lend a hand, it'd be very helpful if you:
- Jump into the operator menu (during the game, while it's infinite multiball-ing)
- Insert a USB thumb drive into the game's computer. (Not sure how easy or difficult this is, e.g. if they've run an extension USB cable to somewhere near the coin door...)
- Select Reports > Debug Report. It should advise that it's writing pinprog.log to your USB drive.
- Once it exits back to the menu, you can remove the USB thumb drive.
- Put the thumb drive into your regular computer, where as promised you should see a file called "pinprog.log". Mail that to me at alien<at>joe.tater.org.

The only cause I'm aware of for infinite ballsaver is a hyperactive outlane or trough switch, but if there's some other issue (like a software bug), I would love to fix it ASAP. Meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

#18136 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Before you shut the game off, can you go through steps to download data and send file to programmer? He mentions steps earlier in thread.

#18137 6 years ago

Will try again and see what I can do. Any idea where to find the USB drive?

#18138 6 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Will try again and see what I can do. Any idea where to find the USB drive?

I believe the usb drive is on the PC in the back of (inside) the cabinet. Its on the perimeter of the PC.

#18139 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I believe the usb drive is on the PC in the back of (inside) the cabinet. Its on the perimeter of the PC.

If that’s the case, I would definitely run a cable from there to the front of the coin door area ( secured of course)....

#18140 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If that’s the case, I would definitely run a cable from there to the front of the coin door area ( secured of course)....

Agreed - much easier to run usb extension from that port to the front of your machine.

#18141 6 years ago

Anybody have any success fixing random resets? Extremely frustrating.

Our other issues are/were:
-ball launch inconsistencies, and light not working.
-both "revive" and "scream" insert lights out, and one GI bulb out near left flipper.
-very dirty ramps that had to be cleaned and polished, along with a burr that would've made contact with a ball if not filed down.

Since ours will be a location machine, these random resets are extremely frustrating. We're really excited for people to play it, because it's a very fun game, but this issue needs to be resolved ASAP.

Bottom line, PLEASE Heighway Pinball, institute some type of QC! I know most companies NIB machines need some sort of adjustments, but this is ridiculous.

Cointaker has been emailed with these issues, just wanted to see if any new owners have any fixes, thanks.

#18142 6 years ago

I am having random resets also. I have reseated all connectors on cpu and power supplyand turned shaker power down to 30 and also turned down power on gi lights . So far so good. Could be a power supply issue. A friend of mine who is a great Pinball tech is going to meter the power supply to see if it drops while playinga few games.

#18143 6 years ago

Is this the usb port where I should plug the thumb drive in?

20171029_213846 (resized).jpg20171029_213846 (resized).jpg

#18144 6 years ago

Yes - that's where I was planning on plugging into.

#18145 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have green having random resets also. I have reseated all connectors and turned shaker power down and also turned doen power ongi lights . So far so good. Could be a post supply issue. AcFriend of mine who is a great Pinball tech is going to meter the power supply to see if it drops while playing

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow, thanks for the quick response!

#18146 6 years ago

I had a killer game after did those adjustment, no reset.

#18147 6 years ago

For those with random resets: is it resetting immediately back to attract mode, or is it resetting to the PC’s BIOS (“American Megatrends” or whatever)?

Also, are you doing anything noteworthy when it resets (e.g. multiball)?

#18148 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

For those with random resets: is it resetting immediately back to attract mode, or is it resetting to the PC’s BIOS (“American Megatrends” or whatever)?
Also, are you doing anything noteworthy when it resets (e.g. multiball)?

It appears to be doing a full reset back to BIOS.

Our resets have happened in AND out of multiball, as well as soon after a game is over. The most recent was right after I put my name up for a high score.

#18149 6 years ago

Do you have a shaker motor installed?

#18150 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Do you have a shaker motor installed?

Yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,999 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/363 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.