• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 493.
#13251 2 years ago

Promise?

#13252 2 years ago

The wait sucks but Heighway is doing it right by making sure the light boards and xeno boards are working correctly. The last thing any of us should want with a new game is having to diagnose board problems, request new boards, get new boards sent from half away around the world and then have to swap them out.

#13253 2 years ago

This is true, but I think an earlier poster Nailed it. If the rumored Star Wars is coming soon and no real progress of shipping games, Heighway wont be able to process the refunds fast enough.

#13254 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed. Less than impressive imho

They are RGB, yet they only show one colour in the video and don't really show it tied to a mode. Are they not coded in to do that yet (as we were told they would be), or are they just holding back on showing that? (as per Andrew's earlier comments about leaving some things to surprise for the end-user). That's what I'm curious about.

#13255 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

They are RGB, yet they only show one colour in the video and don't really show it tied to a mode. Are they not coded in to do that yet (as we were told they would be), or are they just holding back on showing that? (as per Andrew's earlier comments about leaving some things to surprise for the end-user). That's what I'm curious about.

The video seems cobbled together last minute. I would think they are not coded. Why wouldn't they at least have the ramps green or blue for the video to match the game?

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is true, but I think an earlier poster Nailed it. If the rumored Star Wars is coming soon and no real progress of shipping games, Heighway wont be able to process the refunds fast enough.

Did Stern solve their playfield problems? I saw a lot of people swearing off from never buying a new Stern again or at least not buying one until all the cabinet and playfield problems got resolved.

#13257 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Did Stern solve their playfield problems? I saw a lot of people swearing off from never buying a new Stern again or at least not buying one until all the cabinet and playfield problems got resolved.

People say a lot of things ... and then the next Stern game comes out and seems to sell just fine.

#13259 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

playfield problems?

Quoted from fosaisu:

People say a lot of things ... and then the next Stern game comes out and seems to sell just fine.

Playfield problems, insert problems, code problems...but they're like the latest iphone for some reason...gotta have it gotta have, then, meh it's OK I guess. Weird.

Edit: Forgot the latest...cabinets splitting at the seams and messing up side decals among other things.

#13260 2 years ago

Star wars was a legit killer theme in the 90s, the theme is burned out from the crummy movies imo. The latest movies help a little, but I still value the theme less than I did before episode one.

#13261 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you prefer more holes in the playfield?

I find it confusing, that there are inserts pointing to "nowhere" and that i cannot see if a switch is not triggered because i missed it or because its faulty.

#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I find it confusing, that there are inserts pointing to "nowhere" and that i cannot see if a switch is not triggered because i missed it or because its faulty.

It's like the playfield LCD, you just need to adjust your typical pinball thinking. I haven't had any faulty switches, but they can be adjusted if they aren't sensitive enough. It's like any other game, once you play it enough you know what's what...

#13263 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The wait sucks but Heighway is doing it right by making sure the light boards and xeno boards are working correctly. The last thing any of us should want with a new game is having to diagnose board problems, request new boards, get new boards sent from half away around the world and then have to swap them out.

Agree....the grief from delays, missed timelines, slow shipping, etc. can heal with a great end product.

#13264 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Star wars was a legit killer theme in the 90s, the theme is burned out from the crummy movies imo. The latest movies help a little, but I still value the theme less than I did before episode one.

I find that true for me, and maybe many past 45. But my Son in law, and his friends...ages 25-32, treat Star Wars like a Religion.

#13265 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night. It's the new Star Wars - original, funny, engaging - everything Star Wars used to be.

#13266 2 years ago

I loved the first guardians, just a straight fun movie.

#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I find that true for me, and maybe many past 45. But my Son in law, and his friends...ages 25-32, treat Star Wars like a Religion.

Ditto for me....nostalgia fix w BM66....check, grail SciFi Horror theme...Alien...check.....Star Wars not even on my radar, don't like Band Pins, and DI....well no....so My wallet is safe for the foreseeable future ( whew) ..

#13268 2 years ago

Placing my order with Melissa at Cointaker for a standard. Really looking forward to this game.

#13269 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Placing my order with Melissa at Cointaker for a standard. Really looking forward to this game.

Congrates! After seeing the LE reveal, its helped me settle on a SE, once the production line is pumping out games and I can simply drive to Heighway and pick one up the same day I will be getting a SE with shaker and EL blades, might go for the EL ramps but I need to see how they look and integrate first as neon just doesn't feel right with this theme, if they can flicker and do some cool lighting effects I will be all over them

#13270 2 years ago

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/26/aliens-dead-orbit-1-review

Just something cool I saw that I thought some of you Alien fans may enjoy.

#13271 2 years ago

I can't find conclusive info if the new Alien film is 3D or not!

#13272 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I can't find conclusive info if the new Alien film is 3D or not!

Wasn't shooting Covenant in 3D abandoned early on in production? Pretty sure there where reports saying as much. Also all my local cinemas don't have 3D as an option just standard and IMAX.

#13273 2 years ago

Would be nice to see how the LE will look with the second monitor installed... wonder how that will play out with the newly revealed art...

Was it indicated that the full art would be provided, even if you order that second screen?

#13274 2 years ago

I would buy a standard edition Aliens today if they were shipping in decent numbers with no major issues.
I am in a holding pattern right now, holding cash in hand. Watching and waiting to see when things ramp up and back orders begin to get filled.
The game looks more immersive than any other title out there. Dark and scary, just like the movie...well done Heighway team.

#13275 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wasn't shooting Covenant in 3D abandoned early on in production? Pretty sure there where reports saying as much. Also all my local cinemas don't have 3D as an option just standard and IMAX.

That's what I thought as well....BUT, then I saw a teaser trailer that had the 3D logo at the end.
My advance tickets say Imax 2D...

#13276 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what I thought as well....BUT, then I saw a teaser trailer that had the 3D logo at the end.
My advance tickets say Imax 2D...

Same here TED, IMAX already booked, would have been cool if Heighway could have got the LEs out to customers with a free ticket to Covenant in the goodie bag, little brand promotion and a nice surprise to buyers and fans

#13277 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

3D is DEAD.

Most of the new 4k TV's being made today don't even offer the option.

#13278 2 years ago

Everyone I know in the movie industry has 3D in their home theatre. We still have parties and watch 3D. My friends all have 3D for their kids. About 90% of the animated films coming out will be in 3D and about 75% of the super hero and sci-fi films will be so I don't think it's "dead"

#13279 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think it's "dead"

Well it should be. Half the time they throw in stupid pointless shots just for the 3d effect. I also hate that I cant see a IMAX movie without it being 3D too about 90% of the time.

3D can go away Unless they figure out way without glasses....GO AWAY. lol.

#13280 2 years ago

In terms of the new TV's out right now, if it's not dead, it's in a coma.

Nothing to do with Alien pinball machine bump!!!!

#13281 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Everyone I know in the movie industry...

That's almost as good as "it's on the internet so it must be true".

#13282 2 years ago

I have an actual Alien question....

I was watching one of the gameplay feeds the other day, and noticed that there's an insert now in the RT outlane, right where Paxton's skull & crossbones logo was located. But I still can't seem to find a clear picture of that area.

When was that insert added to the playfield, and what function does it serve relating to the code?

Just curious.

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

In terms of the new TV's out right now, if it's not dead, it's in a coma.

I wonder if Heighway will offer a 3D LCD option.

#13284 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

3D is DEAD.
Most of the new 4k TV's being made today don't even offer the option.

True, which is why I bought a 2016 OLED with both 3D and 4K HDR

#13285 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's my dream TV. Maybe get it curved to match my 1982 model

#13286 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I was watching one of the gameplay feeds the other day, and noticed that there's an insert now in the RT outlane, right where Paxton's skull & crossbones logo was located. But I still can't seem to find a clear picture of that area.
When was that insert added to the playfield, and what function does it serve relating to the code?

That's Special. It's been there as long as I've been associated with the project.

#13287 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's my dream TV. Maybe get it curved to match my 1982 model

YES, IT'S ANOTHER OFF-TOPIC 3D TV POST

Good thing you want it curved! LG's entry-level 55" flat-screen 2016 OLED doesn't do 3D. The entry-level curved one does:
amazon.com link »

This TV (and the non-3D flat-screen version) are often available for $1499 shipped from reputable eBay sellers these days. If your credit card does price protection, you can shave an additional few hundred by price matching to one of the grey market importers. Hell of a deal for the best picture money can currently buy.

Of course you could also jump up to LG's "higher end" 2016 OLED's if you really want a flat-screen with 3D/4K/HDR, but then you're paying an extra $500-$1000 for improved speakers on the TV and a flashier bezel, neither of which seems worthwhile:
amazon.com link »

#13288 2 years ago

Back to Alien LE

--Jeff

18237904_10212907145183181_3653333301155011135_o (resized).jpg

#13289 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I would buy a standard edition Aliens today if they were shipping in decent numbers with no major issues.
I am in a holding pattern right now, holding cash in hand. Watching and waiting to see when things ramp up and back orders begin to get filled.
The game looks more immersive than any other title out there. Dark and scary, just like the movie...well done Heighway team.

my thoughts exactly except for I blew my wad on a NIB ST Premium to satisfy my needs in the meantime. yeah I said that...

#13290 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

True....

#13291 2 years ago

hello
on the aprom there is writed "shoots weapon during gameplay" (with launch button) and "select weapon" with the extra ball button..
i have never see that before so i haven't try this when i played at an expo (in france)
those action button are used in the actual code? there is something special in the gameplay if you use differents weapons?
(sorry for my english)

#13292 2 years ago
Quoted from whatchapopo:

hello
on the aprom there is writed "shoots weapon during gameplay" (with launch button) and "select weapon" with the extra ball button..
i have never see that before so i haven't try this when i played at an expo (in france)
those action button are used in the actual code? there is something special in the gameplay if you use differents weapons?
(sorry for my english)

Yes, verbatim from Ferret: "You earn weapons by winning modes or completing the five weapon standup targets around the playfield. If you have more than one weapon, you can select amongst them using the Extra Ball button. Launch button fires the currently selected weapon. Each weapon has a different ability, always earned in order: VP70 Handgun (Advance Bonus X), Ithaca 37 Shotgun (spot 2 Xeno hits), M56 Smart Gun (spot "best" lit shot), M41A Pulse Rifle (start 2X playfield), M240 Flame Thrower (start short ball saver). Advanced players can strategically use the right weapons at the right time to make much goodness happen. "

#13294 2 years ago

The LE glass seems to go right down with the speaker holes in it. Is the LE glass one piece?

#13295 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

YES, IT'S ANOTHER OFF-TOPIC 3D POST
Good thing you want it curved! LG's entry-level 55" flat-screen 2016 OLED doesn't do 3D. The entry-level curved one does:
amazon.com link »
This TV (and the non-3D flat-screen version) are often available for $1499 shipped from reputable eBay sellers these days. If your credit card does price protection, you can shave an additional few hundred by price matching to one of the grey market importers. Hell of a deal for the best picture money can currently buy.
Of course you could also jump up to LG's "higher end" 2016 OLED's if you really want a flat-screen with 3D/4K/HDR, but then you're paying an extra $500-$1000 for improved speakers on the TV and a flashier bezel, neither of which seems worthwhile:
amazon.com link »

Yeah but 55"? That's like a computer monitor these days....or nice bedroom set.

#13296 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Back to Alien LE
--Jeff

Can't wait to see what they do with the LE artwork combined w the 27" LCD...still good space there!!!

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can't wait to see what they do with the LE artwork combined w the 27" LCD...still good space there!!!

You're going to be disappointed. See the eggs at the bottom of the LE art? That is probably all you're going to get with the 27" monitor. Look at the SE art to get an idea...

20170502_005349 (resized).jpg

#13298 2 years ago

I'm framing mine in a light box, that LE BB art is too pretty to be displaced by my LCD screen. Of course I am assuming that I am going to still get the translate even with the BB LCD upgrade (I certainly expect to).

#13299 2 years ago

Just want to say it took me over two months to get through every single page of this thread. Looking forward to getting my crack at this at yegpin. If the play fits into my style then the money gets plunked down.

#13300 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I'm framing mine in a light box, that LE BB art is too pretty to be displaced by my LCD screen. Of course I am assuming that I am going to still get the translate even with the BB LCD upgrade (I certainly expect to).

I'm framing my SE art in a lighted backbox as well. The full art that I paid extra $$ for. The LE buyers who think they are getting four blackglasses I think will be in for a surprise. You're going to get the LE and SE art yes, but it'll other be a set of full images for the no LCD buyers, or a set of the crop jobs for the 27" LCD buyers. I'm going to guess that Highway will make a set of full image backglasses available to LE LCD buyers for an additional $100-150. And it'll never show up on a price list, it's going to be something you'll have to request.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside