• 25,638 posts
  • 1,005 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7232 (resized).JPG
DSCN7231 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7223 (resized).JPG
9881FBEA-9297-46D2-B5F0-24F96FFD3F86 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7207 (resized).JPG
DSCN7212 (resized).JPG
DSCN7205 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 513.
#13501 2 years ago

As good as the lighting is on that met. Your Aliens looks decades ahead with its lighting.

#13502 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I certainly empathize with the impatience of those who have paid in part or in full for this game. It truly is a dream theme for me, and I'm sure for many others as well.

Mr. Xeno is in a coma at the moment. I am waiting on the new xeno board. Andrew and I talked about this in person, face to face at TPF. I expect to get this board, and honestly, I am in no hurry. It doesn't impact game play in any way. When Ambush multi-ball starts, the magnet in front of the xeno still grabs the ball. All lights go out, and Bill Paxton screams "what do mean they cut the power, they're animals"...or other variations..and gameplay continues. ...it's awesome. Sure, it will be SO COOL when the xeno eats the ball with strobes all going off...but that's only cosmetic, and such a small part of the overall game.

Post that photo a few more times why don't you...geez.

#13503 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Well if anyone wants to watch some Alien gameplay I'll be streaming in about an hour, my school just released early due to flooding in the area so I've got some spare time.

I do. I need a reminder where to find your videos. Live and recorded.

#13504 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My guess is these are hitting local customers on his side of the pond, and yes, there are substantial people that buy these things that don't post here ( can't say I blame them, actually)....

I have been in communication with a few other owners of games that have them. Suffice to say, pinball is MUCH bigger than Pinside and they only reached out to me as they got my contact info after seeing the jack danger stream.
We have seen and heard of at least 20 games going out the door it seems. I am happy they are taking a slow and steady pace and working to fine tune on these first few batches with understanding owners.

#13505 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been in communication with a few other owners of games that have them. Suffice to say, pinball is MUCH bigger than Pinside and they only reached out to me as they got my contact info after seeing the jack danger stream.
We have seen and heard of at least 20 games going out the door it seems. I am happy they are taking a slow and steady pace and working to fine tune on these first few batches with understanding owners.

How many is a few, and what did these other owners want?

#13506 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

How many is a few, and what did these other owners want?

Two plus all the pinside known owners of course.

Just talking aliens pinball stuff. Only a handful of us that know the game well at this stage so fun to chat about the cool stuff or ocassional bug (which have been quickly adressed from code team).

#13507 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Post that photo a few more times why don't you...geez.

My apologies. A few new pics would make you happy?

IMG_3351 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).JPG
IMG_3381 (resized).JPG

IMG_2072 (resized).JPG

#13508 2 years ago

....wait, that's not Alien...that's an old Genie... Someone needs to stay on topic.

#13509 2 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Show me a fully functioning production Alien SE.

I will take some pictures of mine today and post them.
Picked up two Aliens for the Yegpin show here in Edmonton,Alberta last night.
Both direct shipped to Edmonton for the show.
Both will be set up for the show,reviews to follow.
In case you are wondering,I'm just an average Joe.
The Aliens have landed
I am the first official customer in Canada.
Thank you Tommy (pretty boy Floyd) from Nitro Amusements.
Thank you to Heighway Pinball for the game as well,cheers.

#13510 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Fake news!!!

What's the new attack line from the lunatic fringe? "Why didn't they ship you a truckload!! Huh?? Whyyy?" #fakemoonlanding

#13511 2 years ago

#13512 2 years ago

4.5 hours til i will be near the front of the line to play pingod's alien... then Libtech's, then pingods,then Libtech's, then pingods,..repeat

#13513 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

My apologies. A few new pics would make you happy?

Now we're talking, thanks!

#13514 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My guess is these are hitting local customers on his side of the pond, and yes, there are substantial people that buy these things that don't post here ( can't say I blame them, actually)....

AFAIK in the UK pin community there is one Alien out on site, in London. Maybe machines have been shipped to UK customers outside the pin community ?? .... but certainly on the main UK forum people haven't heard of any and are still waiting. Don't know about the rest of Europe, I think Andy said games had been sent to 6 countries now ?

One of the guys was told cash and carry from the factory for a SE will be possible end of May. So hopefully they are getting there ...slowly.

#13515 2 years ago

There were pics of 3 games at a show in Italy. The word is getting out. I figured I'd get mine around the end of this year.. dates given were in 'Pinball time'

#13516 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

.... but certainly on the main UK forum people haven't heard of any and are still waiting

You mean other UK forum? There's a more popular forum than Pinside?

#13517 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Yep

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/

#13518 2 years ago

All of the above reaffirm my position, and what Andrew had stated. I'm good with slow and steady, addressing issues/ latest code, etc. before going out. I'm big on "instant gratification", but in this case, was very comfortable with a wait. I've never doubted IF the machines would be made (they've made others prior), hence the WHEN was not nearly as important (Heighway is NOT in a basement or vaporware, just dealing with business realities)

#13519 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Yea Pinside for drama and international news. Pinballinfo for quality and useful discussion, it's definitely way more popular in the UK.

#13520 2 years ago

my buddy got his Alien, and a load of us have enjoyed playing it. it's great, i may buy one too myself down the road. yes, it's the one mentioned above in London. and yes, there are a few teething issues as with any new pin or any new company, all the more reason that if i had one on order myself, i'd be happy not to have one of the first few out of the factory.

you're nutters, those of you now waving your pitchforks and demanding everything now now now like spoiled brats. give the guy a fucking chance, now he's actually making games, please? you knew when you ponied up the cash in advance years ago - for gawd knows what reason that i can fathom - that your pre-orders would be financing him making the damn things, now you want it all back? now? now that he needs it the most? now that he needs money to buy the parts in batches, now that he needs money to pay the staff to put them all together.

if you were in his position, with a potentially massive win ahead, and a potentially killing chasing pack behind, you'd take any money offered in, and try to resist any money going out .... just a little longer ..... to get to that tipping point. right?

vulture eats dead vulture at his funeral (resized).jpg

#13521 2 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

give the guy a fucking chance

They did, and he missed deadline after deadline after deadline.

Quoted from cooldan:

now you want it all back?

Not all, just 4-5 orders out of hundreds. That shouldn't be a burden at all and shouldn't take 2 months to sort out in my opinion.

#13522 2 years ago

yes, but Ewan, you're totally biased and anti-Heighway, you'd say it was black if it was white. i can hear your axe grinding from here, every time you crop up in the UK forum it's to slag off Andy about something, it's a running joke almost. there was obviously history there between you, i'm guessing he didn't pay you for your work or something similar, but also that he has had you sign a non-disclaimer so it's probably best not to go into details of the whys. but it's barn-door obvious to any of the UK crowd reading this.

let's see what Martin of Pinball News has to say about it:

seriously, you guys, give it a chance to be born, stop trying to club it to death while its Alien mother is in labour

edit: i'm not totally pro-Heighway, i'm not a 100% fanboy, and i expect he will miss more deadlines in future. but having said that, i think it'd stand a far better chance without all the negativity that breeds here

#13523 2 years ago

Since I know that Andrew will post here, I am posting again.

I am paid in full on a non upgraded standard Alien. I have an email saying that our machine would be one of the first 20 to ship. The last timeline info I received stated late April or early May.

I emailed April 30 asking for an update, no response. I emailed Andrew on May 2, again no response. Left phone message yesterday (5/4) I think just after they closed. I stayed up late last night (2 am my time) and called, I was told that I would need to speak to Andrew and that he wasn't in yet but that he would call me. I called again at about 4:40 am my time and was told that Andrew still wasn't in and confirmed that there wasn't anyone else there that could give me an answer. It is now after their business hours and I still haven't been contacted.

Given these facts there are only two things I can believe, either Heighway hasn't built and shipped 20 games yet or I was lied to. In either case what can be gained by not answering when asked for a timeline update?

While Heighway is still a fairly new company when I prepaid I did so with the knowledge that they had completed and shipped Full Throttle and the Bacardi game which proves they are capable of actually completing manufacturing. If it weren't for that I would have waited.

These should be simple questions to answer, where is my game and when should I expect to get it?

#13524 2 years ago

lets guess and say he hasn't made 20 yet.

>what can be gained by not answering when asked for a timeline update?
i dunno, but i expect they're pretty busy

#13525 2 years ago

I was hoping to play aliens at Allentown to see how it has progressed since I played it at expo. Unfortunately, it was down from about 1:30ish until I left the hall at 3:30. One thing that I noticed that I didn't notice before was the power cord is plugged into the bottom near the front of the pin. I like the accessibility but don't know if I like the cord laying on the ground under the pin like that. Not a big deal, just never noticed it before.
IMG_1933 (resized).JPG

#13526 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Fake news!!!
What's the new attack line from the lunatic fringe? "Why didn't they ship you a truckload!! Huh?? Whyyy?" #fakemoonlanding

Sorry for being off-topic, but I am totally incorporating that hashtag into my regular rotation!

#patientlywaitingfortheLEaweseomeness

#13527 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

One thing that I noticed that I didn't notice before was the power cord is plugged into the bottom near the front of the pin. I like the accessibility but don't know if I like the cord laying on the ground under the pin like that. Not a big deal, just never noticed it before.

My Full Throttle is like that and I don't care for it. I taped the cord back with some duct tape, probably could figure out a more elegant solution.

#13528 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My Full Throttle is like that and I don't care for it. I taped the cord back with some duct tape, probably could figure out a more elegant solution.

Is the switch right next to the where the cord plugs in? Like a PC power cord? Do you have a pic? I am curious because that was what Magic Girl had, although, still at the back of the cabinet. So in the case of MG, your cord was in the normal place, but you had to slide between pins to reach the switch to turn it on. The combination AC power input module (probably fused there also) may aid in the UL approval process.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13529 2 years ago

The switch is right there. Put cord ties/guides to the rear you will never notice

#13530 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

...duct tape...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !
you cant say "duck tape" on a ALIEN topic, as for sure its linked to TRON only !!!

#13531 2 years ago

Knowing Andrew and being part of this journey for years now/since day one I am sure he is a real stand up guy searching for perfection and trying everything to realize his version of an outstanding machine. Is this a way to pump out machines in a timely manner as Stern does? Absolutely not. But it is his way to deliver a product as good as possible for the fanboys and I respect that. Still there are little issues to be ironed out and I'm sure Andrew has learned the hard way that from times to times compromises and/or final decisions have to be made but I cannot blame him for that as I'm sure his intentions were (and still are!) good ones.

After having waited for so long my machine will finally be shipped to me by the end of the next week and will be the first one being delivered to Germany...the 7th country so far afaik. I have read about games being delivered in several countries of Europe and USA.

I will post pictures from my Alien SE (with beacons and EL blades ) in the week after next week to show production is running...slowly but running.

I trust Andrew as he promised my game to be in my man cave in a few days and as this is my dream theme I will celebrate the Unboxing )

-

#13532 2 years ago

All I know is Andrew's hair is a hell of a lot whiter than it was a few years ago. (Photos courtesy Pinball News)

#13533 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

All I know is Andrew's hair is a hell of a lot whiter than it was a few years ago.

running your own business will do it...that and having kids

#13534 2 years ago

My hair is turning brown again from grey.

Must be the stress from all the grief from some people.

#13535 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My hair is turning brown again from grey.
Must be the stress from all the grief from some people.

Sounds more like a Benjamin Button situation. Congratulations, though I imagine reverse-puberty will be a bitch.

#13536 2 years ago

I am also waiting for my alien to ship. And to be honest have contimplated jumping ship, (too much Pinside will do that to a guy). But I finally got to play on at YEGPIN today .... and all I can say is !! This game just like everyone says is fricken amazing. Pictures DO NOT do it justice! It plays so smooth and the shots feel so good to shoot and I won't even go into the amazing modes I got to experience. I feel foolish for even considering jumping ship.... this thing will stay in my collection forever!!! I cannot wait to get mine!

#13537 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

running your own business will do it...that and having kids

ok ill say it..

(and a wife.) : P

#13538 2 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

ok ill say it..
(and a wife.) : P

That goes without saying

#13539 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

AFAIK in the UK pin community there is one Alien out on site, in London. Maybe machines have been shipped to UK customers outside the pin community ?? .... but certainly on the main UK forum people haven't heard of any and are still waiting. Don't know about the rest of Europe, I think Andy said games had been sent to 6 countries now ?
One of the guys was told cash and carry from the factory for a SE will be possible end of May. So hopefully they are getting there ...slowly.

There is one in Manchester that I know of... That is the only one I have seen.

#13540 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That goes without saying

Agreed!!!....in spades....

#13541 2 years ago

Got to play alien at pinfest today great game did have some ball sticks and it broken down for bit. But overall great game i'm sure it we get even better.

#13542 2 years ago

Happy I got a chance to play Alien at Pinfest today... it was a ton of fun! There is a lot of flow IMO. I found myself giggle a couple times with how shots loop around. Wish I could have heard it better(especially the bass). The upper two flippers made sense after a ball or two. Passing from the left upper to the right upper is really cool.

0505171623a (resized).jpg

#13543 2 years ago

Watched about the 30 min of game play here at Allentown Town and played twice. So far my feeling of it is, "It's an Alien themed pinball machine, cool."

Not exactly a blast to play, but not bad. Wait to play it before sending money.

#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

4.5 hours til i will be near the front of the line to play pingod's alien... then Libtech's, then pingods,then Libtech's, then pingods,..repeat

I hope you enjoy

Got to play my Aliens today, its going to be an amazing game!

Shout out to Tommy at Nitro, great guy - if your in canada and want one, give him a call!

#13545 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I will take some pictures of mine today and post them.
Both direct shipped to Edmonton for the show.
Both will be set up for the show,reviews to follow.
In case you are wondering,I'm just an average Joe.
The Aliens have landed
I am the first official customer in Canada.
Thank you Tommy (pretty boy Floyd) from Nitro Amusements.
Thank you to Heighway Pinball for the game as well,cheers.

You've taken over the market for Alien pinballs in Canada! I might need to make a trip up north again!

I hope this doesn't hurt the NW Pinball shows chances of getting an Alien!

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

It better not! Come on Andrew! Make this happen!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13547 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

You've taken over the market for Alien pinballs in Canada! I might need to make a trip up north again!

Alien will be at the Nitro booth at NW Pinball Show!

#13548 2 years ago

If a person wanted to replace the silver legs with black ones, what would you use? Stern legs, Williams legs? Is there a difference?

Ok its seems there are different lengths.
Q: What Length legs does Alien use?
Q: Is the bolt hole spacing standard across lengths?

#13549 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If a person wanted to replace the silver legs with black ones, what would you use? Stern legs, Williams legs? Is there a difference?

First time playing Alien for me at Allentown. Great gameplay. Very excited to receive this game. Some issues , but overall one of the best pins "available" right now.

#13550 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Ok its seems there are different lengths.
Q: What Length legs does Alien use?
Q: Is the bolt hole spacing standard across lengths?

Games uses "standard" 28 1/2 inch legs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 513.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside