zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 601.
#9201 7 years ago

Watched Alien on cable today and really enjoyed all the goo dripping from the Xeno's. Guess there's no way to incorporate it in the game, but it would be sweet. In one scene Segourny walled into room of hatching eggs and destroys everything with flame thrower. Goo splatters all over her face and torso, but it didn't burn her at all. Thought alien fluids were acidic by nature. That scene stood out among many silly inaccuracies. There probably are hundreds.

I couldn't see the lighted inside panels well during the game reveal, are they scenes. from inside the ship (fingers crossed)?

#9202 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Watched Alien on cable today and really enjoyed all the goo dripping from the Xeno's. Guess there's no way to incorporate it in the game, but it would be sweet. In one scene Segourny walled into room of hatching eggs and destroys everything with flame thrower. Goo splatters all over her face and torso, but it didn't burn her at all. Thought alien fluids were acidic by nature. That scene stood out among many silly inaccuracies. There probably are hundreds.
I couldn't see the lighted inside panels well during the game reveal, are they scenes. from inside the ship (fingers crossed)?

The Facehugger and Xenomorph blood acts as acid. The egg pod embryonic fluid I guess, it's just "goo."

The lighted blade panel art looks to be egg pods. I wonder if the LE blades will be of a different color background to differentiate it from the SE art and match what we get with the LE art and trim?

I was real happy to see the huge space jockey featured on the LCD from pics at the recent show ...and of course Jonesy the cat.

I remember an old interview written about the Alien pin discussing how Andrew was testing different sound cards and how we may be able to hook it up to hi-fi equipment for the audio. If that's still the case... wow! I would love to use a spare set of 5.1 home theater surround speakers and reciever in concert with David Theil's work along with the rotating beacons for added immersion in the playroom.

Imagine if audio was encoded to move around you with just a little sound bar set below the back box on the rear of the glass cassette or up above with the beacons mounted on top. It would only have to fill a small sound stage just around the pin. Crazy thought!

JBLSB400Cinema (resized).jpgJBLSB400Cinema (resized).jpg

#9203 7 years ago

I see they have a polished chrome upgrade as a option yet no pics of the finished product on the pin? Are LE owners able to have black trim as a no cost option? I dislike the green trim on the LE and want to know what options us LE owners have.

#9204 7 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I see they have a polished chrome upgrade as a option yet no pics of the finished product on the pin? Are LE owners able to have black trim as a no cost option? I dislike the green trim on the LE and want to know what options us LE owners have.

I believe all options are open at the moment. Heighway has not stated what is possible yet, the only upgrade option mentioned on their site concerning trim is the polished chrome one.

What I have read here also is that the color of the green trim is not even chosen yet, so it could turn out to be very cool in the end.

#9205 7 years ago

Hi Andrew,
One quick question; in 2012 during the Uk Pinball Party you unveiled the prototypes of circes animal house which became full throttle,there was one machine that had a transparent lcd screen that was used instead of playfield glass. Could we see this technology resurface on future games because as time goes on this technology will become more mainstream and prices will plummet ?

#9206 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Hi Andrew,
One quick question; in 2012 during the Uk Pinball Party you unveiled the prototypes of circes animal house which became full throttle,there was one machine that had a transparent lcd screen that was used instead of playfield glass. Could we see this technology resurface on future games because as time goes on this technology will become more mainstream and prices will plummet ?
» YouTube video

I believe that is the plan:

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

That's absolutely right.
For pinball to remain "current" - it has to embrace the latest technologies available, to keep giving the "wow" factor.
When this technology is available, and at the right price, then we will start adding it to our games

#9207 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Exchanging the playfield is replacing a lot of BOM and a ton of assembly labor (playfield more complex than the cabinet/PC assembly).
This is where if you are grading on swappable playfield approaches ALONE, Mulimorphic is superior. Less redundant parts (I.e., your paying for flipper assemblies and the LCD screen over and over on highway).
But if you asked me which one I'm more interested in checking out, it's Alien.

I don't know when the multimorphic system is ever going to have the ball interacting physically as the major part of the game rather than images on the screen. There will be people maybe young people that don't care but we will have to see if it's big numbers at 10k.

#9208 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I don't know when the multimorphic system is ever going to have the ball interacting physically as the major part of the game rather than images on the screen. There will be people maybe young people that don't care but we will have to see if it's big numbers at 10k.

Just stop already!

1. The major part of P3 IS CURRENTLY the ball interacting physically with the machine. The physical to virtual interaction is secondary.

2. This is a Heighway thread. You have not even played the P3 before, why do you need to bring your lack of knowledge about the system from the P3 thread into a Heighway thread?

smfh

#9209 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Hi Andrew,
» YouTube video

Absolutely. We are always looking at new technologies.

When the products are available at the right price then we will look seriously into it again

#9210 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I don't know when the multimorphic system is ever going to have the ball interacting physically as the major part of the game rather than images on the screen.

That IS how it works, dude. Just stop.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Just stop already!
1. The major part of P3 IS CURRENTLY the ball interacting physically with the machine. The physical to virtual interaction is secondary.
2. This is a Heighway thread. You have not even played the P3 before, why do you need to bring your lack of knowledge about the system from the P3 thread into a Heighway thread?
smfh

The guy just can't help himself apparently. He rips on Multimorphic daily. And clearly still has not understanding of how the P3 works with comments like that.

#9211 7 years ago

It may seem like a small thing but I've sent three emails to Heighway now asking about availability of Alien in Australia and had no response at all.

I understand they may not have a definitive answer but just ignoring the question leaves me wondering - if they can't be bothered to reply to a potential customer interested in handing over money to them, how would I fare if I eventually bought one and needed help or support or had a problem?

By contrast I sent a similar enquiry to Spooky Pinball and received a comprehensive response from KT the same day.

Despite my misgivings I like the theme and what I've seen of Alien so far.

I've signed up and posted this here because I can see Andrew does have time to post in forums.

#9212 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

By contrast I sent a similar enquiry to Spooky Pinball and received a comprehensive response from KT the same day.

Post KT's letter within the next 5min or it didn't happen... Seems like a troll post to me?
Keep up the hard work Andrew, don't let the trolls get to you.

#9213 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Seems like a troll post to me?

A troll post? How can you say that with the first post of a new pinside account with the carefully picked name of db666? Wonder what db stands for.

#9214 7 years ago

What's the point of having the new "verification" system if posts like this from a brand new account can continue?

#9215 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

It may seem like a small thing

That's what she said.

#9216 7 years ago

FWIW I enquired about pricing and availability to New Zealand a few weeks back I heard back from Heighway right away with a "we'll look into it and get back to you". I don't have info yet but I'm not itching to hear back.

#9217 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's the point of having the new "verification" system if posts like this from a brand new account can continue?

Because...

Quoted from robin:

Note: the above limitations are not in effect yet, we want to give people some time to verify their accounts.

#9218 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's a genuine post. I'm a member on Aussiearcade with the same user name. I'm not trolling anyone. I'd just like a reply from Andrew or someone at Heighway is all.

#9219 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Post KT's letter within the next 5min or it didn't happen... Seems like a troll post to me?
Keep up the hard work Andrew, don't let the trolls get to you.

You can email me if you want one. We use Dom & Chris Slevin at Pizza N Pinball to handle the receiving end and importing. We are also trying to get to the point that they can maybe get an extra game or 2 to sell once they get there.

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:18 PM, name and email address deleted for obvious reasons> wrote:
Hi KT,

I live in Sydney, Australia and would like to understand how I would go about buying your next machine if I am interested in the theme once it is announced?

Many thanks

D

#9220 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Seems like a troll post to me?

He's not a troll and it's a valid question.

#9221 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

It's a genuine post. I'm a member on Aussiearcade with the same user name. I'm not trolling anyone. I'd just like a reply from Andrew or someone at Heighway is all.

Apologies db666. I would use your new pinside account to PM Andrew with your questions.

Hope your Aussie distributor gets established successfully with Heighway Pinball!

#9222 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Apologies db666. I would use your new pinside account to PM Andrew with your questions.
Hope your Aussie distributor gets established successfully with Heighway Pinball!

Thank you.

#9223 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Other people ask Andrew questions on the forum and get answers so why the need to take it to PM.
db666 is not the only Australian who is after the answer to this.
I was at a pinball meet on the weekend and this was a topic that came up from many who attended.
There are a lot of Aussies who are interested in purchasing alien but are holding back.

#9224 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Post KT's letter within the next 5min or it didn't happen...

Quoted from db666:

Hi KT,
I live in Sydney, Australia and would like to understand how I would go about buying your next machine if I am interested in the theme once it is announced?
Many thanks
D

I still call BS or English is a 2nd language to you because I asked you to post KT's letter.
Anyways, Hope you get your game and best to you and everyone in Australia that play Pinball.

#9225 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I still call BS or English is a 2nd language to you because I asked you to post KT's letter.

Yes, I believe he speaks Australian.

#9226 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Anyways, Hope you get your game and best to you and everyone in Australia that play Pinball.

As is traditionally the format with email KT's reply is above my initial enquiry. Perhaps you should go back and re-read what I posted.

#9227 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yes, I believe he speaks Australian.

I'm actually English by birth but live in Australia so I'm bilingual !

#9228 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

It may seem like a small thing but I've sent three emails to Heighway now asking about availability of Alien in Australia and had no response at all.

This is a valid concern ... I myself sent two emails a while back .. no reply. I did mention this to Andrew at Expo last year. Another kiwi friend of mine seriously wanted a Full Throttle a couple of months back (he had cash in hand and was itching to spend it) He sent one email and got a reply, he responded to make the order and never heard back. Needless to say, he didn't order.

Now I don't know if there is a problem with the Heighway email system or what, but the first rule of retail (I retailed for 25 years) is ANSWER THE EMAILS/PHONE CALLS AND TAKE THE MONEY!!

As per the previous post, if you send KT at Spooky an email, you get a reply within an hour max. If you send me an email about ANYTHING you will get an answer in <10 minutes, unless I am asleep or in a plane.

If the Heighway email system is ok, there needs to be someone in charge of sales/communications.

I learnt this the hard way ... you can not do everything yourself. You need to have some help. Maybe someone handling the sales on a commission basis ... no sales = no wages.

Just my 10c ... I am "rooting" for Heighway to succeed and make 1000s of pinball machines.

rd

#9229 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

I'm actually English by birth but live in Australia so I'm bilingual !

OK.. Then I'm the asshole. Good sport.

#9230 7 years ago

Ok, So I went thru Cointaker and had Melissa recently reach out to Andrew about purchasing a FT. Melissa has sent him multiple e-mails and still no response. I'm on the pre-order list for a Alien Le so I'm invested in his success. I know Andrew has a lot going on right now but like the previous post stated-make an effort to contact customers back. It's a concern.

#9231 7 years ago

Needless to say Andrew has a lot going on. But it's nice to know he is so down-to-earth. I just received a phone call that read United Kingdom. It was Andrew, out of the blue, and we had a nice 20 minute conversation about the Alien pin. He was just touching base and offered to answer any questions that I had.

He did call last week and left me a message because I was unavailable to answer. I discovered I'm not set up to make international calls when I tried to return the call.

He wasn't asking for money he was just being, Andrew. The call was lost at one point but he called me right back and we continued right where we left off.

We talked about a lot of things concerning the Alien pin and I don't exactly know which things I'm not supposed to talk about so I'm keeping my mouth shut, but I'll say this, there are more neat surprises coming concerning the Alien pin.

I'm more excited now than ever. I'm not concerned about when it ships, I'm concerned about getting what I want and Heighway Pinball delivering the best immersive pin experience they possibly can for me.

In the next couple days I'm probably paying the remaining balance on my LE, that's how confident I am.

#9232 7 years ago

Personally I got an SMS from Andrew today and some mails last weekend. I think they are working very hard to getting everything ready for production. Andrew is the guy that everybody needs to speak to. I think these are growing pains and Andrew is doing his best to cope.

Everything I read or hear is that Alien has been quite a succes at Expo and now they are getting a massive amount of mails.

I truly believe that Andrew is for real an not like other "manufacturers" that promise a lot and do not deliver. He has delivered already, but as you all know, pinball is hard. Making one machine is not like manufacturing a lot of them. Of course he also missed deadlines, because manufacturing is hard. They will learn in time how to arrange this stuff.

#9233 7 years ago

It's because the emails have to travel over the ocean.

#9234 7 years ago
Quoted from db666:

I understand they may not have a definitive answer but just ignoring the question leaves me wondering - if they can't be bothered to reply to a potential customer interested in handing over money to them, how would I fare if I eventually bought one and needed help or support or had a problem?
Despite my misgivings I like the theme and what I've seen of Alien so far.
I've signed up and posted this here because I can see Andrew does have time to post in forums.

Please accept our apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

We are overhauling many aspects of our business and are behind on emails. We are catching up - but not as quickly as we would like.

We do have an Australian distributer lined up, and will be announcing this shortly.

I will also personally respond to your email tomorrow.

Regards,

Andrew

#9235 7 years ago

Please accept our apologies for not getting back to you sooner.
We are overhauling many aspects of our business and are behind on emails. We are catching up - but not as quickly as we would like.
We do have an Australian distributer lined up, and will be announcing this shortly.
I will also personally respond to your email tomorrow.
Regards,
Andrew

Thanks, Andrew.

#9236 7 years ago

I sure hope Alien works out. The lcd in the playfield is such a great design - I hardly ever look at the DMD during gameplay. Could be a gamechanger. Also, I have a feeling they have better taste in titles than Stern or JJP...

#9237 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's because the emails have to travel over the ocean.

USA emails get there quicker thanks to the prevailing westerly winds, but the UK emails fight headwinds on the way back. Maybe westbound emailing via the polar route would be better.

It seems Andrew has made a good effort to be more communicative lately. I played it at Expo and Alien looks like a real winner.

#9238 7 years ago

Thank you.

#9239 7 years ago

no vote grubbing

#9240 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Hi Andrew,
» YouTube video

Absolutely. We are always looking at new technologies.
When the products are available at the right price then we will look seriously into it again

Why not implement this technology now?? We've seen that 80 people will pay $15k for a basic BM66 SLE machine so I'm sure they would pay $15k for an Aliens game with the transparent LCD.

I'm a home builder and about 12 years ago I had a customer who paid $14,000 for a 36" plasma TV for his new house because it was cutting edge. Now a 36" LCD TV costs $400. My point is he wanted the latest and greatest and he was willing to pay for it.

Why not spend $5,000 per game on this technology and build 20 Aliens Super Hi Tech (SHT) or Transparent LCD (TLCD) games that include a transparent LCD screen. That would be so cutting edge it would set Heighway on a pedestal so high that it would take a decade for the other pinball manufacturers to catch up. That would put Aliens SHT at $14k witch would still be cheaper than Sterns offering. They'll sell...... BM66 SLE has proven that.

QSS

#9241 7 years ago

Here's a follow up to my previous post. What if you were to use a full sized transparent LCD TV in the head and have an Alien translite behind it. When the game was up and running the LCD would be showing video clips and game interaction but when the game was off the transparent LCD TV would be off and the Aliens translite would be visible.

OR,.... what if you had a transparent LCD TV with a regular LCD TV behind it. Can you imagine the layering effect you could have with both TV's running at the same time. It would appear as a 3D effect and the sky would be the limit on the effects you could display.

Damn, I've got shivers at the possibilities. I get game #1 when you implement this

QSS

#9242 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

What if you were to use a full sized transparent LCD TV in the head .....

Good ideas. Definitely lots of possibilities here with this.

#9243 7 years ago

I emailed about 8 months ago regarding Full Throttle purchase. I'm 38 and owned over 40 motorcycles, probably much more, so this theme for me was great. I too like most here never received a reply. The NZ pinball legend himself said "try again, get one!" So I did. Two more consecutive emails and gained my reply from Heighway. Emailed back saying take my money and no reply..... I live in NZ (the land that time forgot) and this pin would be around $12,000NZD once landed, not exactly pocket change. Essentially I will never buy from Heighway as it stands, if I needed assistance it would surely not be there.

Purchased tron today, not exactly a motorcycle theme but very close so im happy. I guarantee you that with the thousands of pins here in NZ, not one will be heighway made.

No I'm not a troll, just a lost customer.

#9244 7 years ago

what a crap statement that is

There is and will be Heighway Games in NZ,

#9245 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

$12,000NZD once landed, not exactly pocket change

Correct. It would need to be $15,000 to qualify as pocket change. I think 12,000 is still technically a rounding error.

#9246 7 years ago

Why not spend $5,000 per game on this technology and build 20 Aliens Super Hi Tech (SHT) or Transparent LCD (TLCD)

Or Super Hi Invisible Tech (SHIT)

#9247 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

what a crap statement that is
There is and will be Heighway Games in NZ,

There is? I don't know of any as yet.

There will be some one day, for sure.

rd

#9248 7 years ago

I'm a tech geek and it is more common than not for new products to be launched in US/UK and be practically un-purchaseable from New Zealand. It takes time for distributers in minor countries to get organised. And usually enquiries about importing directly fall on deaf ears. Who has time to manually figure out hassles around payment, currency conversion and shipping for a one-off order from some dude in some random country across the world.

I get it. It takes time. We're not a priority. We're a small market that requires the same amount of legwork to suss out the details as a larger market. If I want an Alien when they're shipping in regular quantities and the wait times aren't too long next year some time, and Heighway has had the time and space to suss out the details of selling games to Kiwis, then I'll be on board.

#9249 7 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I get it. It takes time. We're not a priority. We're a small market that requires the same amount of legwork to suss out the details as a larger market

No, it doesn't require anything. They answer an email, take the money, issue an invoice, a truck arrives at the factory and it arrives in NZ x days later.

No effort required. No regulations, no red tape, nothing. Just a sale to a regular joe blow who happens to be shipping it somewhere.

rd

#9250 7 years ago

Aliens Super Hi Tech (SHT)

S hi T ? : P

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.