zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 601.
#9651 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

It's just color changing balls - what is that suppose to be?

Maybe it's edited/sensored as it's a preview? I would hope that when you fail modes in game that there is a gory kill/fail scene to go with your failure.

#9652 7 years ago

I thought this might be of interest: Jim at PGJ told me he is almost done putting together the next issue which will feature a very detailed series of interviews with the team that created Heighway Pinball's Alien. Should be out closely behind the 2017 calendar issue.

#9653 7 years ago

Waiting patiently on the new video and queen chamber reveal. Already 3pm in UK......I think the Heighway christmas party will start a bit later....

#9654 7 years ago

I'd love to see an official full length video showing live gameplay. I know there are videos of gameplay taken from an expo or show, but it's not the same as a game played by someone who knows the gameplay, playing in a quiet environment along with high quality video.

The teaser videos, while fine for showing video clips, only show a flipper hitting a ball or a ball going into a hole. I need to see the actual shots and flow.

#9655 7 years ago

Today the number was presented to me, I'm Alien LE #160.

#9656 7 years ago

Cons

Quoted from PeterG:Waiting patiently on the new video and queen chamber reveal. Already 3pm in UK......I think the Heighway christmas party will start a bit later....

Considering its around 4pm over there it should be soon

#9657 7 years ago

Any guesses of what will be replacing the airlock can?

Back to the original LCD screen idea in that spot? I'd like to see a Power Loader ball lock or loader claw arm that drops the ball somewhere.

#9658 7 years ago

Was it ever said if the mechanism that came out of the Alien mouth for the ball grab was going to look more like "alien" something or it was just going to be a metal looking rod?

#9659 7 years ago

Ambush Multiball Mode

#9660 7 years ago

As promised, here is the latest teaser video for Alien Pinball

Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode

#9661 7 years ago

^^^^how did someone beat you too the post?? Lol.

Looks awesome keep up the good work!

#9662 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

^^^^how did someone beat you too the post?? Lol.
Looks awesome keep up the good work!

Ha, Pinside is Ground Zero for pinball. You basically have to post here FIRST, then post everywhere else. It's going to end up here, and apparently very fast .

#9663 7 years ago

What replaced the queen chamber guys?

#9664 7 years ago

Watched the vid 2 times i think they forgot the chamber replacement sneak peak unless i was supposed to be paying attention to reflections off the dmd screens

#9665 7 years ago

Anyone know if the $4300 Alien kit includes the hardware required to run the game or not?

#9666 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Any guesses of what will be replacing the airlock can?

I think what made the airlock look odd was that it was oversized & crammed next to the impressive looking xeno head. Putting another scaled down toy (like a powerloader or space jockey chair) might also look odd, compared to the scale of the xeno head. Perhaps a moving xeno hand might be more cohesive?

I'm pretty sure the smaller LCD screen was dropped awhile back because of the issues involved to make it work....

Quoted from Aurich:

I can't speak to the tech, but doing two separate displays with separate info etc would definitely be a lot more work. You'd have to standardize on two displays for sure, trying to make the system flexible enough to handle a bunch of different options would just be a huge headache.

So while it would be really awesome to have that smaller rotating LCD screen with separate video assets displayed, I've scaled back my expectations. I guess we'll know soon enough.

#9667 7 years ago

Fantastic use of Soundtrack in this mode!

Definitely a Rush to have this mode Pop into the middle of a Game!

NICE!.....Andrew!

#9668 7 years ago

So what replaced the airlock?

#9669 7 years ago

I am guessing whatever the airlock replacement is, that it has not been approved for reveal just yet.

But Ambush multiball looks awesome that is going to be a mode where you want the volume cranked up HIGH to get totally immersed in the motion tracker and sound track, should be an adrenaline pumping mode, especially with the randomisation of the aliens on the motion tracker that is a stroke of genius!

#9670 7 years ago

Thx for a great pin, I'm so enjoying full throttle. If this one is equal we'll build and fast it will be super pin

#9671 7 years ago

Whew...what an immersive pin this is going to be!!!

#9672 7 years ago

Game looks amazing. On my list to purchase in 2017

#9673 7 years ago

As promised, here is a sneek preview of the replacement for the Queen's Chamber.

The original concept was to have a 5" Airlock LCD screen on the rear of the rotating toy. The Airlock screen will now permanently replace the Queen's Chamber.

Featuring the next mode to collect, countdown timers and more - this is an independently-controlled LCD screen.

The photos show the prototype unit. Please ignore the cable at the top and the alignment/ratio of the screen. The positioning and angle of the screen is also subject to change.

This does not necessarily mean the end of the Queen model. She may yet appear elsewhere on the playfield - but likely as an official after-market add-on/mod.

LCD1 (resized).jpgLCD1 (resized).jpg

LCD2 (resized).jpgLCD2 (resized).jpg

LCD3 (resized).jpgLCD3 (resized).jpg

LCD4 (resized).jpgLCD4 (resized).jpg

#9674 7 years ago

I'm partial to what I'm seeing only because it's so large which takes away from the aliens head. We never had a chance to see the rotating chamber with the LCD screen...was that idea dissolved and replaced with what is now replaced with the larger framed LCD screen?

I'm almost thinking had the public seen that prototype working it would have been received better than just the chamber with the toy alien inside.

Thought I should add, Andrew if this is the final- great job on turning it around so quickly and listening to everyone's comments. I'm sure it's tough to please everyone but your doing a hell of a job listening and making things happen! Thumbs up!

#9675 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I'm partial to what I'm seeing only because it's so large which takes away from the aliens head. We never had a chance to see the rotating chamber with the LCD screen...was that idea dissolved and replaced with what is now replaced with the larger framed LCD screen?
I'm almost thinking had the public seen that prototype working it would have been received better than just the chamber with the toy alien inside.

The screen actually moves away to the left of (and therefore away from) the xeno head on the production game - giving the xeno head more space

#9676 7 years ago

It will be interesting to see how this additional screen will be incorporated into the gameplay. However, if you bought the back box screen, you now have 3 screens to keep an eye on. Kind of feels like it may be overkill. But, I'll make that assessment when I see the finished product. It's still pretty cool!

#9677 7 years ago

I really like this pin, but don't care for the new screen. It visually detracts from the alien head and is out of place, IMO. The Queen's Chamber couldn't have been all that bad...

#9678 7 years ago

Looks great! Good work, so many cool possibilities for modes and stuff on the extra screen, as mentioned you are doing it just needs to move over a little to the left maybe angled a bit.

Also there are only two screens to watch as the main pf screen and bb screens are mirror images as far as I understand.

#9679 7 years ago

I always felt if the Queen was going to be video based then she should appear on the backbox LCD and be big and in your face! She just looks too small and out of place next to the Xeno head, on the big screen she would be above the player and in the players face way more immersive having her looking down on you just like with Ripley in Aliens.

#9680 7 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

It will be interesting to see how this additional screen will be incorporated into the gameplay. However, if you bought the back box screen, you now have 3 screens to keep an eye on. Kind of feels like it may be overkill. But, I'll make that assessment when I see the finished product. It's still pretty cool!

The Airlock LCD will be used in such a way as to help the player. We aim to avoid 'sensory overload'

#9681 7 years ago

I didn't dislike the can as much as most people but I think I'll like this better. Looks good.

#9682 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The Airlock LCD will be used in such a way as to help the player. We aim to avoid 'sensory overload'

I'm still in for sure! LE #0277

#9683 7 years ago

I think I may have found my next pin Awesome changes!

The deep mode based ruleset that covers both the first and second films, multiple ramps, 4 flippers, some cool interactive toys and a lot shots makes this a game I would like to have. I was thinking about getting a Ghostbusters premium but Alien is a few hundred less and seems to offer a lot more (especially in terms of rules).

#9684 7 years ago

Think of how the TV was used in Simpsons Pinball Party, but a couple of visual jumps above that, and you'll be on the right track. Information on each screen is designed not to clash with each other and be tailored to the size and resolution; punchier in-your-face material stays on the larger / backbox screen, while the airlock displays shot arrows, lit locks, timer countdowns, quick details relevant to the modes, the Queen herself, and as the 'default', the airlock doors. All this is relevant to that specific region of the game, that being where your eye is naturally drawn to from time to time as you follow the game rules.

#9685 7 years ago

I just noticed that there is no audio of Ripley. Is there a reason for that?

#9686 7 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I just noticed that there is no audio of Ripley. Is there a reason for that?

Ripley is out of the game. No license

Screen looks good Andrew. Big improvement

#9687 7 years ago

Games looking good, ambush video pretty cool but a third lcd is just not needed. The crystal ball lcd in Woz was a great way to incorporate it. Be cool to use the same idea for the egg pop bumper caps, show them hatching. This just seems like a last minute thought to fill a space and with its size greatly detracts from the alien head, even if it does swing/rotate away. With so many waiting for the queen chamber replacement reveal, I'm sure none thought it would be a third lcd.

#9688 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ripley is out of the game. No license
Screen looks good Andrew. Big improvement

That's by only concern about the game, no Ripley It would be like doing a Star Wars pin and having no mention of Luke Skywalker. Other then that the game looks pretty darn cool.

#9689 7 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Think of how the TV was used in Simpsons Pinball Party

That's what I was going to post. It's purely secondary, but still useful. And someone quoted me earlier about the challenges of multiple screens, what I was getting at was it's hard if there are options. Every single game will have this new LCD on it, so it can be baked into the base code (say as a place to display timers, hence the TSPP reference) so it doesn't present that same kind of issue.

#9690 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's by only concern about the game, no Ripley It would be like doing a Star Wars pin and having no mention of Luke Skywalker. Other then that the game looks pretty darn cool.

It's quite honestly a non-issue. If it's an issue for someone to the point where they don't want to buy it then so be it, but as for making a complete game it's not a problem at all.

#9691 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Games looking good, ambush video pretty cool but a third lcd is just not needed. The crystal ball lcd in Woz was a great way to incorporate it. Be cool to use the same idea for the egg pop bumper caps, show them hatching. This just seems like a last minute thought to fill a space and with its size greatly detracts from the alien head, even if it does swing/rotate away. With so many waiting for the queen chamber replacement reveal, I'm sure none thought it would be a third lcd.

Well you're wrong, it's not a last minute thing, it's an idea I pitched to the team after Expo, with a long explanation for all the reasons why I thought it was a good idea, and how we'd incorporate it into the gameplay to make a better game. I was happy that Wales agreed with me and made it happen, looking forward to playing the game with it in place, it solves a lot of issues.

It goes back to the original LCD option, except instead of being small, and honestly a little useless, it's big enough now that we can use it for multiple things, and make the airlock idea much more dynamic and interesting.

#9692 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well you're wrong, it's not a last minute thing, it's an idea I pitched to the team after Expo, with a long explanation for all the reasons why I thought it was a good idea, and how we'd incorporate it into the gameplay to make a better game. I was happy that Wales agreed with me and made it happen, looking forward to playing the game with it in place, it solves a lot of issues.
It goes back to the original LCD option, except instead of being small, and honestly a little useless, it's big enough now that we can use it for multiple things, and make the airlock idea much more dynamic and interesting.

Agreed. I'm very impressed. Great work!

#9693 7 years ago

That's so great, love the screen and Ambush multiball looks amazing, thanks Andrew.

#9694 7 years ago

I said it "seems" like a last minute thought. Not that it is. I have no idea how long this was in discussion.

Quoted from Aurich:

#9695 7 years ago

Looks awesome
So excited to get my LE!

#9696 7 years ago

looking good and happy to see the progress!!!

Enjoy your Holiday Andrew and looking forward to all things coming together in the new year.

#9697 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That was tough to get over at first for me too but with so much else going on I'm over it now

Plus I'm not sure if Andrew said pinball browser would be available to make Ripley insertions

#9698 7 years ago

picture those 3 screens going and a multiball at the same time. thats gonna be something to see and experience. lets get these done i am dying to get this pin already.
thanks for updates andrew. i am in for le and all the bells and whistles.

#9699 7 years ago

Hooray for the return of the small LCD screen! I'm glad it's back.

I think the information it provides can be great for game play in many ways.

Since it's going to be a permanent feature I'm hoping you can keep expanding its role and usefullness like maybe incorporating subtle sound effects for it. For example, if it could show airlock doors opening and closing as a segway to introduce static info screens, a matching woosh sound affect would be cool.

Or different game related suddle sound effects signaling to the player what type of info is being offered and displayed there next etc...

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work.

#9700 7 years ago

So, no rotating Jonesy?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.