• 24,674 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24674 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 494.
#14151 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Will Spaceballs do anything this year?

John has been working away. There thread dedicated to it here on pinside.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14152 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Anybody hear when the Alien Le's are supposed to ship ????

I received a response from Highway this week that LE's should start shipping in June and July. We shall see!

#14153 2 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I received a response from Highway this week that LE's should start shipping in June and July. We shall see!

That's just two weeks away!

#14154 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

SFGE gets Total Annihilation, NWPAS gets Alien. I wish both could have both! Next year!

Houdini will be at both

#14155 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Will Spaceballs do anything this year?

If the guy making it would just get the machine finished.......

#14156 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

John has been working away. There thread dedicated to it here on pinside.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Cool,
I just thought it was mad silly to bring a game that did nothing at all the SFGE last year,
but... if it were like JPOP it'd be news worthy and cool to some...

#14157 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Cool,
I just thought it was mad silly to bring a game that did nothing at all the SFGE last year,

Leading up to shows is always stressful and hard to gauge timing on your first project. Been there myself! I have discovered that people are really into seeing the work in progress. That probably plays out better when it is in a booth setting with people around to talk about the project.

Getting ready to announce some fun stuff for our June NW Pinball Show... it's coming up FAST!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14158 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Getting ready to announce some fun stuff for our June NW Pinball Show... it's coming up FAST!

I see what you did there.

#14159 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Cool,

You must have caught it at a bad time. At last year's SFGE the software was only a day or two old.

This year I've got a new playfield and hopefully some game modes for you to hit.

Last year it would stay up for as long as it took to launch a ball over the backboard and into the cabinet, then it would crash.

#14160 2 years ago

Anyone on here confirmed by Cointaker as being one of the folks to receive the first 5 that shipped to Cointaker last week? Even if they left last Friday I assume they'd be here now if sent via air freight.

#14161 2 years ago

Man i have a ton of sympathy and admiration for Heighway pinball and Andrew.

It's a MONSTER effort to go from trickling out games to cranking out "full production". Doesn't common sense tell us that now folks?

Look at Spooky, they are just now getting down to about 275 shipped.

They keep saying its going to happen but I'd like to know HOW. $$$, materials and labor?

Give us some details Andrew, versus just saying every month that "LE's are shipping in June and we should be up to full production by then"

I want to have confidence, after Jpop we need more to go on, sorry, that's the way it is.

Maybe there is a bailout on the way? A lot of orders for Alien hanging out there.

I'm also a realist.

#14162 2 years ago

Yes I'd like to from Heighway 1) are the games being shipped considered final-final 2) how many games were shipped last week, this week and planned for each of next two weeks 3) is anything still being engineered and what is the prognosis 4) are there any parts outstanding and what is the prognosis 5) are there any other impediments to production.

While other questions linger, the answers to these would help explain what's happening.

#14163 2 years ago

People may have asked a few times but...
Will
There
Be
An
ALIEN
Pinball
At
Southern Fried Gameroom Expo?

This is the Biggest show in the South-East and the other is way towards the end of the year being FREEplay Florida.

Most people in this region have not seen ALIEN in person and this is a great shot at showing it to this region of America.

#14164 2 years ago

P.S...

Heighway Pinball certainly has bigger fish to fry in their hierarchy of duties, BUT,
it will baffle me if it doesn't make at least a showing at SFGE or FreePlay this year...

#14165 2 years ago

I know someone in Michigan who just got their Alien shipped to them. Whether it came via Cointaker or Heighway I don't know.

#14166 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They keep saying its going to happen but I'd like to know HOW. $$$, materials and labor?

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes I'd like to from Heighway 1) are the games being shipped considered final-final 2) how many games were shipped last week, this week and planned for each of next two weeks 3) is anything still being engineered and what is the prognosis 4) are there any parts outstanding and what is the prognosis 5) are there any other impediments to production.
While other questions linger, the answers to these would help explain what's happening.

Hey guys... some good ?'s that deserve great answers!

Here's to hoping that they don't get washed over by "ramp talk"

#14167 2 years ago

Ffs can we please not talk about Alien Covenant, some of us have yet to see it.

#14168 2 years ago

I'd also like to see Alien at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown.

#14169 2 years ago

Does anyone have information on flashers for this machine?

#14170 2 years ago

There are no flashers.

#14171 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

There are no flashers.

Is it known if they can or will be added at some point?

#14172 2 years ago

I suspect they 'could' be added - but I doubt they will. The scope creep with this project must stop. Andrew needs to lock down design (if he hasn't already) and get these games shipping ASAP. If anything, I'm guessing a future code update may be able to replicate a flasher type effect without any changes to hardware.

#14173 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is it known if they can or will be added at some point?

There was talk of adding flashers to help with Xeno head and atmospheric lighting at one point. I am hoping they make it into the final final version.

#14174 2 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'd also like to see Alien at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown.

The way to get one there is to get one of the distributors to bring one, so invite Nitro or Cointaker.

#14175 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The way to get one there is to get one of the distributors to bring one, so invite Nitro or Cointaker.

Lol.... I don't think you can just invite them to set up shop. To my understanding Vendors would need to pay to be at events... and they would need to ensure they would make enough moola to make it viable...

#14176 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Lol.... I don't think you can just invite them to set up shop. To my understanding Vendors would need to pay to be at events... and they would need to ensure they would make enough moola to make it viable...

I think Dan meant more to reach out to them and let them know about the show, what it costs, what attendance is like, etc. so they can make those business decisions. And hopefully bring those games.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14177 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Thanks for not giving away the ending.

I didn't.

#14178 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably because it was a terrible movie
An injustice to the brand

Nope. 100% wrong.

#14179 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The crashed ship queen produced eggs he's referring to is from the first Alien movie from 1979 not something that happens in Covenant.
I think the spoilers warning for Alien has expired since the movie came out 38 years ago.

Thank you.

#14180 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Actually, that is pretty much what you do. It really just starts with an email saying it would be awesome if you come to our event, we would love you as a sponsor or to have a booth at it, contact me for more info. If you guys want any advice or help on this, I'm the person that contacts and signs sponsorship agreements and does some of the vendor work for the Northwest show. I'd be happy to help. There is a fair amount of work that goes into contacting companies, sending out press releases and info, nurturing relationships, etc. as you build and grow your show.

#14181 2 years ago

Heighway was at RMPS last year.

#14182 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably because it was a terrible movie
An injustice to the brand

I don't know that you can call Covenant an "injustice" to a brand that suffered through Resurrection, AVP, AVP:R and Prometheus. That said, it wasn't any better than Prometheus, which was a significant disappointment. These days it feels like Ridley Scott's just tying in random concepts he picked up reading articles in Wired. As my friend remarked walking out of the theater, they've got their work cut out for them tying all of this nonsense together in the third/final prequel.

Hopefully the new Blade Runner will pan out better.

#14183 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hope not, Prometheus was great and I enjoyed all of the Aliens films, Ok the first was best but all of them were enjoyable.

#14184 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope not, Prometheus was great and I enjoyed all of the Aliens films, Ok the first was best but all of them were enjoyable.

Regardless of how much you loved the various Aliens sequels/prequels, why wouldn't you want the new Blade Runner to be even better?

#14185 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Regardless of how much you loved the various Aliens sequels/prequels, why wouldn't you want the new Blade Runner to be even better?

I want it to be the best possible film it can be, but its not going to touch the original no matter what so if its as good of a movie as Prometheus was for me then I'll be happy.

#14186 2 years ago

Are you not entertained?!! Lol, I get a kick out of how pissed off people get when the new movies come out and they are not as awesome and stupendous as they had over-hyped and wanted them to be. Covenant was entertaining. It wasn't amazing, but it was by no means an injustice. I liked where the story line was going and was cool to see some history into how these super evolved monsters made it into this universe. At the end of the day Alien movies are just about a monster with another head for a tongue with acid for blood killing people.

#14187 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It "looks" like it's going to be really good. I can't wait.

#14188 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Alien movies are just about a monster with another head for a tongue with acid for blood killing people.

Best part is they are based on a true story in the future!

#14189 2 years ago

Well I'll maintain my opinion anyhow that it sucked

When I think of the greatness of Alien Covenant is a joke and yes does NOT do Alien brand justice by any stretch

It was more of a comedy slasher with zero fear factor

#14190 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When I think of the greatness of Alien Covenant is a joke and yes does NOT do Alien brand justice by any stretch

Personally, I think a lot of the disappointment in the "fear factor" isn't really their fault. I really do think that a lot of society has become so desensitized to this stuff, there is no shock value anymore. Remember the days when your date would bury her face in your shirt when you were at the movies and the bloody scene flashed for just a brief second? Those days are long gone......if there are no bowels, entrails, and exploding brains, then people stop buying the popcorn.

#14191 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I really do think that a lot of society has become so desensitized to this stuff, there is no shock value anymore.

I wouldn't say desensitized but I would say dumbified, too much thought is needed to become genuinely involved in a film and thusly scared in a way that results from it.

#14192 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I wouldn't say desensitized but I would say dumbified, too much thought is needed to become genuinely involved in a film and thusly scared in a way that results from it.

I agree with that thought as well, except a lot of the "gore" films don't require a whole lot of thought on the part of the viewer to begin with. But you are right in that movies have evolved from telling a story and creating thought to simply being entertainment or something to occupy our OCD brains for a few minutes. But I really do think there is some kind of desensitization that has happened, and no, I don't blame video games, but I do think they are a part of the problem. I could go on and on how society changed just in the 20 plus years that I was a cop, and how people have become so consumed in their own personal being, that nothing phases anyone anymore. Change is part of life, but change isn't always for the better.

#14193 2 years ago

I'm not following this thread anymore, but I said I'd post when i reached resolution.

I had paid in 2 equal payments through PayPal. PayPal ruled in my favor on the disputes and I've received my money back through PayPal. Heighway refunded one payment (half) through the dispute, but did not refund the other half. I'm squared up though on my end, which is what matters to me. I didn't want to wait for them to process my refunds, so I disputed the charges. Some may disagree with that, but that's what I did. I know of 4 others waiting on refunds, and I hope they get resolution soon, 3 of them are at 30 days now.

I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope all get their machines soon. Take care.

#14194 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think what did it in for me was that Covenant followed in the footsteps of Prometheus in that people do insanely stupid things and end up dead. That's not scary, that's justice. The first two films, IMHO, were scary precisely because, for the most part, people were largely making good decisions and acting intelligently, and still got killed. To me, that's much a much more effective way to create fear.

#14195 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I'm not following this thread anymore, but I said I'd post when i reached resolution.
I had paid in 2 equal payments through PayPal. PayPal ruled in my favor on the disputes and I've received my money back through PayPal. Heighway refunded one payment (half) through the dispute, but did not refund the other half. I'm squared up though on my end, which is what matters to me. I didn't want to wait for them to process my refunds, so I disputed the charges. Some may disagree with that, but that's what I did. I know of 4 others waiting on refunds, and I hope they get resolution soon, 3 of them are at 30 days now.
I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope all get their machines soon. Take care.

glad you got your refund!

#14196 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Personally, I think a lot of the disappointment in the "fear factor" isn't really their fault. I really do think that a lot of society has become so desensitized to this stuff, there is no shock value anymore. Remember the days when your date would bury her face in your shirt when you were at the movies and the bloody scene flashed for just a brief second? Those days are long gone......if there are no bowels, entrails, and exploding brains, then people stop buying the popcorn.

I dunno, I watch a lot of horror and there are lots of great directors still figuring out how to find fear in their audience with their films. What was so great about the first Alien movie is the slow build up... creepy lighting, creepy music, slowly the audience figuring out something was going to happen and then waiting and waiting as the tension built up to see what would happen. Directors can still do that. When they jump straight to the action, yeah, you are right, we've seen it all before, what they need to work on is the tension and suspense.

#14197 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I dunno, I watch a lot of horror and there are lots of great directors still figuring out how to find fear in their audience with their films. What was so great about the first Alien movie is the slow build up... creepy lighting, creepy music, slowly the audience figuring out something was going to happen and then waiting and waiting as the tension built up to see what would happen. Directors can still do that. When they jump straight to the action, yeah, you are right, we've seen it all before, what they need to work on is the tension and suspense.

Probably just as much credit goes to the editors as the directors. I can't tell you how many films that magically made sense after I went back and watched the Director's cut. If an editor and Director are not on the same page, or if god forbid 'money' is driving the editing....then a great movie can be reduced to total garbage with just a couple of bad snips.

#14198 2 years ago

Check out 'It Follows' for an excellent, atmospheric horror film.

#14199 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Remember the days when your date would bury her face in your shirt when you were at the movies and the bloody scene flashed for just a brief second? Those days are long gone

That's what i'm talking about. The first two Aliens, Silence of the Lambs, 1st Halloween, Exorcist, Shining, Night of the Living Dead, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Omen, Carrie and a ton of vampire movies. Just to name a few.

It's hard to recreate the omg wtf was that fear in sequels, i get it.

Covenant checked off the chest burster, face hugger boxes, been there done that. Funny more than anything.

Showing the synthetic dude creating the Alien and getting the up close look is a yawner and takes the suspense out.

It's like when the Alien chomped down on the chick towards the end and we got to see the head rolling around in the pool of water, FUNNY.

I was hoping that Tennessee Danny McBride would at least liven up a boring movie with some Kenny F ing Powers attitude.

My vote for best movie of all time goes to Silence of the Lambs! That was some scary shit with those night vision goggles in the dark.

#14200 2 years ago

There is another factor for me when it comes to modern film really any genre, while I do enjoy many of the newer actors out there we have lost something in recent years, just the way it is, same with comedy, good luck in making Trading Places today or Close Encounters, Godfather etc. I recently bought the directors cut Exorcist 3 and its so great, always was but its George C Scott, without him forget it, same with the Changeling. The Shining? nothing even close is being made today, thankfully a guy like Tarintino looks for actors from all over the world and then you get Christoph Waltz, that opening scene in Inglorious Bastards was just amazing. Anyway when the hell am I getting my LE, I sent an email to Andrew looking into it as a paid in full customer for 2 and half years, we shall see if he responds, he should otherwise its just bad business.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 24674 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside