• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 494.
#6251 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Looking at the latest CAD drawing from earlier in the year I can't see how any other shots could fit in this game! The upper orbit already looks too tight. There must have been some fairly major development since then. Can't wait to see it!
I agree with the suggestion that even an updated wireframe with shot map descriptions (like the one that was released in August last year) would be awesome to see. It avoids licensing issues and gives us plenty of positive things to talk and speculate about.

The reverse wireform ramp (L - in the playfield drawing) was not in de prototype video. Instead there is plastic ramp, with the milky frame on top as mentioned before, that connects to the large ramp (F - in the playfield drawing).

Looking at the playfield drawing I think the ramp connects around point H on the drawing.

For uniformity and the look I find the current plastic ramp construction way cooler than a separate wire form ramp.

64bb3abedf1c92c15c2fef3863fc68c8c73eee96_(resized).jpg

#6252 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kaneda emailed me tonight, said that he thought things had gone too far, he admitted his role in it, and asked if we couldn't just squash this. I thought that was big of him to do, credit due where it's deserved. No need to post the details, it's a private email, but that was the heart of it.

Its-A-Trap_(resized).jpg

#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Alien should be worthy of buying just for the David Thiel soundtrack alone.
You have an amazing track record of making great pinball music ... Long may it continue!
rd

This is dead on accurate. Thiel does incredible work, I've been a fan for a long time. Check out the music and sound effects on TH. His work definitely played a part in me wanting Hobbit, and I know he will hit it out of the park for Alien as well.

#6254 3 years ago

Okay guys, are you ready for the truth?

Everyone is sort of down on the playfield and general pinball art. I understand completely that people want Ripley, Bishop etc. on the machine, otherwise it isn't Alien(s). I have a friend that back in our LaserDisc-youth was a huge Alien-fan. When he had watched the movies to his saturation point, he switched to the novels and comics. They were in the Alien-universe, but didn't feature any of the original cast. Neither does Star Trek: TNG or DS9. So, of course it could be done.

For me Alien was always the better movie. Beautifully shot in panavision, with the ships computers booting up etc. Aliens was never this good. I know that is not comme il faut to say, like not liking Back to the Future (which I don't).

In the last video I saw the playfields in the Heighway factory. They look awesome. Which brings me to another illegal statement. Stern and Heighway have the most professional looking machines by far. People might not like the Full Throttle-theme, but the game looks stunning, and way more professional than Spooky or JJP.

/Nicholas

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from Elf-Six:

Stern and Heighway have the most professional looking machines by far. People might not like the Full Throttle-theme, but the game looks stunning, and way more professional than Spooky or JJP.
/Nicholas

Agree.

#6256 3 years ago

I'm glad they didn't put actor's pics on the playfield. That always looks stupid. Looks good to me the way it is.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm glad they didn't put actor's pics on the playfield. That always looks stupid. Looks good to me the way it is.

i couldnt agree more. I have tron and dirty harry next to each other both are cool enough to pull it off but would be cooler without it. especially tron where they are just kinda lined up and looking at you.

#6258 3 years ago

I like the approach Ghostbusters took too, with just the back of the heads on the playfield.

#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I agree.....i always think of lethal weapon 3's playfield....horrible with the actors faces

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I agree.....i always think of lethal weapon 3's playfield....horrible with the actors faces

Agreed that a bunch of headshots don't make great playfield art. Of course on LW3, you've also got a Rothkranz art package to contend with ...

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Quoted from fosaisu:

Of course on LW3, you've also got a Rothkranz art package to contend with ...

That might be his best work also.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are you ever planning a trip out there to check the whole place out?

Who knows, but it's definitely not in the cards before the game is done. It's not the most casual trip from the West Coast, I just don't have the kind of time it would take to be worthwhile, you lose a whole day to that kind of travel. Really need at least a week to justify it. And I straight up have no futures any time soon where I can check out for a week.

Remote working has challenges, no question, but it's how I function every day, I'm used to it. We'll iterate as needed and get things right I'm sure.

And yes SCREAM AGAIN is the ball save. Between the flipper mech plates and the center post there isn't really a space for a traditional center mounted insert I guess.

Quoted from accidental:

Looking at the latest CAD drawing from earlier in the year I can't see how any other shots could fit in this game!

Well like I said, don't feel like I can spoil it until it's done and working, but it's an existing shot that's been tuned to be more fun. In theory, but it sounded cool to me when Dave explained it! Dave, you're reading this, chime in if you want.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from Elf-Six:

. People might not like the Hobbit-theme, but the game looks stunning, and way more professional than Spooky or Full Throttle.
/Nicholas

fyp

#6264 3 years ago

Would be cool to have an updated cad of the playfield.

A Cad drawing is perfect. It doesn't spoil to much, should be no problem with the license, and it gives us an indication of how it will turn out.

Sounds like the game has changed a good deal from the last drawings we saw.

It will also make it easier to not get too confused about the shot layout, because now we have people posting different old cad drawings here all the time when talking about the game. Both of those cads are different from each other but none up to date.

Since we already have had cad drawings of the game here, it would be great to continue this trend. (at least when it is pretty much final)

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

It will also make it easier to not get too confused about the shot layout, because now we have people posting different old cad drawings here all the time when talking about the game. Both of those cads are different from each other but none up to date.

Haha yeah, this game has evolved quite a bit from the first CAD posted, and it still seems to pop up sometimes. Confusing for sure.

Look, I'm far from leading the cheerleading squad about the delays on this game, everyone gets the frustrations, and no one feels it more keenly than people working on the game.

But, that said, it's a way better game for it, of that I'm confident. Because every time things change in the layout or rules or something it's an improvement. The next rev of the CAD is hopefully pretty much final, I'm waiting for it like everyone else so I can get back to work, but the changes being made are good things.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The next rev of the CAD is hopefully pretty much final, I'm waiting for it like everyone else so I can get back to work, but the changes being made are good things.

That talking Bill Paxton head (a la Rudy from Funhouse) is looking like a sweet addition!

#6267 3 years ago

Just got a new CAD file from Dave. Need to clean it up so it's a little more human readable, has a lot of layers for hidden things that will be confusing, but I'll post something up this week.

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just got a new CAD file from Dave. Need to clean it up so it's a little more human readable, has a lot of layers for hidden things that will be confusing, but I'll post something up this week.

Great! Thanks!

#6269 3 years ago

That is good news.
Thanks in advance

#6270 3 years ago

Much appreciated, Doctor Aurich.

Please hurry, the pain is bad

#6271 3 years ago

Awesome! It would be valuable to at the very least also label the shots with letters to help facilitate discussion. Then eventually it would be great to see a list of shot descriptions like was provided in the first shot map reveal.

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Much appreciated, Doctor Aurich.
Please hurry, the pain is bad

I'm from California, so my medical advice is to smoke this, it will help with the pain and relax you.

#6273 3 years ago

I have the CAD mostly ready, I just want a chance to run it by Dave before I post it, make sure he agrees with the labels I put on it, or see if he wants to add some.

In the meantime, I started writing a post in my red DMD thread about Alien using an LCD screen, and decided to skip posting it there. I didn't bother to edit it, so it might read a little funny for this thread where you know a lot of this already. But it was kinda fun to write, and it might contain new info, I honestly can't remember, so rather than delete it I'm posting here.

--

Warning for thin skinned people, I'm about to talk about Alien and my own opinions, and mentioning a product a competitor uses, could be construed as marketing or being an egomaniac, skip if you can't handle it:

Why Alien is a better game for having an LCD (or two)

One area I really feel like Alien is going to shine, if I can toot our own horn, in is the atmosphere of the films. Part of that is the killer sound work David Thiel is doing. He's really doing some nice work, and he gets all the details right. And part of that is what we can do with the LCD screen, and what our animator, Kelly, is cooking up.

What's scarier when you fail exploring the tunnels as Dallas in his mode: A cartoon red xeno popping up, a smeary blob of red movie clip, or full HD of the xeno revealed, hissing in a strobe light? It's fast and effective, we overlay things like animated text and icons over it, it's still paced like a DMD. You're not watching a movie, you're not watching raw movie clips, or long sequences. It's all hand edited, quick, to the point. But you can really see everything.

When the egg opens up because Kane touches it, it's just an amazing shot in the film. The four quadrants splitting and peeling back? Love it. Definitely part of the animations on the game, and wouldn't be the same as red dots. And again, it's quick, it's edited into a sequence, it's not a bunch of talking heads. But you can really see the egg, it's not a pixel cartoon.

It just makes things so much more immersive, I think. At the end of the queen's nest mode, where you're burning the eggs, the whole screen is just on fire. We're going to be synching the color screen in the playfield to the RGB GI, so they work together to project the mood and information. This isn't like colorizing an old game that started monochromatic, it's developing with color from the start, and it really opens up so many more possibilities with integration.

There's a multiball where the whole screen turns into the Aliens motion tracker. It's hopefully going to feel like you're using the prop from the film, Kelly is baking in some really nice analog effects. Alien's universe is dirty, and used, and analog. The screen is going to reflect that. We couldn't do subtle things like that without HD and color.

We can turn the screen black with green text for Mother, with CRT scanlines etc. We can show you your score, score/status for players 2-4, your ball number, extra balls, credit/freeplay at all times. Or go full screen animation for events like the start of a mode, where the ball is held in the saucer. We're doing the motion tracker from the first film too for the scene with Dallas in the tunnels, we're doing the interface from the sentry guns for their multiball, all yellow and black, it's cool to be able to change the whole screen UI to match the films. I think that's an extra step into the immersion of the theme while you play.

Part of the gameplay involves collecting weapons that you can use later with the launch button, ala Troll Bombs and the like. There are 5 weapons, it's more strategic and complicated than Troll Bombs because they're all different. An HD display makes it easy to display things like which weapon you have active clearly. The display isn't just window dressing, things like that change rules, they affect the gameplay.

#6274 3 years ago

Great info Aurich. For a theme like Alien the LCD is the difference between the real thing, and a crude cartoon referencing the real thing. And integrating into the playfield makes for deeper integration into the whole game. Can't wait!

#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have the CAD mostly ready, I just want a chance to run it by Dave before I post it, make sure he agrees with the labels I put on it, or see if he wants to add some.
In the meantime, I started writing a post in my red DMD thread about Alien using an LCD screen, and decided to skip posting it there. I didn't bother to edit it, so it might read a little funny for this thread where you know a lot of this already. But it was kinda fun to write, and it might contain new info, I honestly can't remember, so rather than delete it I'm posting here.
--
Warning for thin skinned people, I'm about to talk about Alien and my own opinions, and mentioning a product a competitor uses, could be construed as marketing or being an egomaniac, skip if you can't handle it:
Why Alien is a better game for having an LCD (or two)
One area I really feel like Alien is going to shine, if I can toot our own horn, in is the atmosphere of the films. Part of that is the killer sound work David Thiel is doing. He's really doing some nice work, and he gets all the details right. And part of that is what we can do with the LCD screen, and what our animator, Kelly, is cooking up.
What's scarier when you fail exploring the tunnels as Dallas in his mode: A cartoon red xeno popping up, a smeary blob of red movie clip, or full HD of the xeno revealed, hissing in a strobe light? It's fast and effective, we overlay things like animated text and icons over it, it's still paced like a DMD. You're not watching a movie, you're not watching raw movie clips, or long sequences. It's all hand edited, quick, to the point. But you can really see everything.
When the egg opens up because Kane touches it, it's just an amazing shot in the film. The four quadrants splitting and peeling back? Love it. Definitely part of the animations on the game, and wouldn't be the same as red dots. And again, it's quick, it's edited into a sequence, it's not a bunch of talking heads. But you can really see the egg, it's not a pixel cartoon.
It just makes things so much more immersive, I think. At the end of the queen's nest mode, where you're burning the eggs, the whole screen is just on fire. We're going to be synching the color screen in the playfield to the RGB GI, so they work together to project the mood and information. This isn't like colorizing an old game that started monochromatic, it's developing with color from the start, and it really opens up so many more possibilities with integration.
There's a multiball where the whole screen turns into the Aliens motion tracker. It's hopefully going to feel like you're using the prop from the film, Kelly is baking in some really nice analog effects. Alien's universe is dirty, and used, and analog. The screen is going to reflect that. We couldn't do subtle things like that without HD and color.
We can turn the screen black with green text for Mother, with CRT scanlines etc. We can show you your score, score/status for players 2-4, your ball number, extra balls, credit/freeplay at all times. Or go full screen animation for events like the start of a mode, where the ball is held in the saucer. We're doing the motion tracker from the first film too for the scene with Dallas in the tunnels, we're doing the interface from the sentry guns for their multiball, all yellow and black, it's cool to be able to change the whole screen UI to match the films. I think that's an extra step into the immersion of the theme while you play.
Part of the gameplay involves collecting weapons that you can use later with the launch button, ala Troll Bombs and the like. There are 5 weapons, it's more strategic and complicated than Troll Bombs because they're all different. An HD display makes it easy to display things like which weapon you have active clearly. The display isn't just window dressing, things like that change rules, they affect the gameplay.

Ooww, yes! I have seen the prototype video but it seems that things keep getting better and better

My enthusiasm meter is almost going off the scale
happiness-meter_(resized).jpg

#6276 3 years ago

From one Sci-fi fan to another

image_(resized).jpeg

#6277 3 years ago

Okay, as promised, here's an updated CAD file. I tried to put in some labels just to give it context. I am not an expert on the physical layout, since I have yet to see the game in person, I'll answer what questions I can.

The new shot Dave added that I was talking about is on the right. Vent 2 used to just return to the flipper lane. Now instead it feeds back out to the right flipper. Sort of a cross between the mini loop shot on Full Throttle and the flipper return on Indiana Jones I think.

The ball now launches up a wireform, sort of like Shadow is how I think of it, again haven't seen it. I think those are the obvious changes. The LCD screen is for illustrative purposes only, but shows how the motion tracker interface might look during one of the multiballs.

I left the slingshot plastics in, that should give you a rough idea for the facehugger mounting.

The Pinside preview gets compressed, click to enlarge and see it larger with no compression artifacts.

Alien-CAD.png

#6278 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, as promised, here's an updated CAD file. I tried to put in some labels just to give it context. I am not an expert on the physical layout, since I have yet to see the game in person, I'll answer what questions I can.
The new shot Dave added that I was talking about is on the right. Vent 2 used to just return to the flipper lane. Now instead it feeds back out to the right flipper. Sort of a cross between the mini loop shot on Full Throttle and the flipper return on Indiana Jones I think.
The ball now launches up a wireform, sort of like Shadow is how I think of it, again haven't seen it. I think those are the obvious changes. The LCD screen is for illustrative purposes only, but shows how the motion tracker interface might look during one of the multiballs.
I left the slingshot plastics in, that should give you a rough idea for the facehugger mounting.
The Pinside preview gets compressed, click to enlarge and see it larger with no compression artifacts.

totally awesome. i will be buyin this thing up one side, down the other. buyin' one up good 'n proper.

#6279 3 years ago

Just taking a break from work and noticed this. Nice update! Where does the ball deposit after the launch up the wireform (love this on STTNG)? Also, does the ramp still go through the backboard?

#6280 3 years ago

Cheers for posting that!!

Aurich is there a scoop shot on the machine? I thought there was but now can't see it.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love how this pin implements unique shots for all four flippers. Cannot wait to play this pin.

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is the Hypersleep ball lock a physical lock?

#6283 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What happened to the mechanism in the bottom left area that used to be under the space jockey outlanes and were the botton part of that mechanism fell a bit under the apron?

#6284 3 years ago

So, all I see on these new CAD files are two! lousy ramps.....I think I got screwed over on this one
Unfortunately I cannot count the ramp available from the upper right flipper, as my experience (with other upper flipper games) tells me that I'm not good enough to hit em.
Same goes for the vent shot, how the freaking hell will noobs like me ever hit that shot? (except some lucky slingshot bounce)

#6285 3 years ago

Looks great!

#6286 3 years ago

Just wow. This is looking very good Aurich! There are a few questions I have on how or where the ball goes for example the vent shot and vent shot return. Is the vent a scoop and subway? The sleep chamber looks to be like a physical ball lock correct? So many questions not enough time in my day but just wow

#6287 3 years ago

What is the price tag on this machine?

#6288 3 years ago

#6289 3 years ago

Looking cooler and cooler.

#6290 3 years ago

Looking good.

Is there a need for center post between flippers as we are not talking GB gap between flippers?!

#6291 3 years ago

I have seen the promo video and all I can say is: happy I am in on an LE with the big screen. This thing does not compare to anything whether you like the movies or not. It's really something.

#6292 3 years ago

Thanks for posting Aurich! These are the kind of updates I love....trying to figure out the shot layout. Few initial thoughts....

1) So the ball launches up a short wire rail, over the vent return area. But it looks like there's a gap in the wire. I'm guessing a quickly launched ball jumps over this gap to enter the other wireform & then exit out the reverse ramp entrance? Really hard to tell. The gap would also allow a ball shot into the reverse ramp to exit the wireform, and then drop down into the RT flipper inlane? Curious if I'm right.

2) I'm really having a hard time figuring out where a shot to the LT dropship ramp goes. Is that still a U-turn and exits at the LT flipper inlane?

3) I see a 4 ball physical lock and the upper playfield Hypersleep area. I haven't seen this toy yet, but it would sure look awesome having balls lock within a sleep chamber that has cool lighting from within!

4) Now I can see how the rotating Queen toy/mini LCD screen will fit into that area. Looks like it's on a raised platform that sits above the LT inner loop. There may not be a big RT ramp, but that whole area will be crammed with Queen toy, alien head & eggs everywhere. That's going to be awesome.

5) I'm guessing the space jockey toy at the LT outlane has either been reworked, or removed entirely. Doesn't look like it appears on this CAD drawing. No big deal for me, there's plenty of other stuff crammed in elsewhere.

This layout looks like a real winner to me! Well designed tight shots for every flipper on the table. Just goes to show you not every great layout has to be designed by Ritchie, Borg, etc etc. There's some really great ideas here on paper.

Looking forward to reading other people's thoughts

#6293 3 years ago

Wow that looks amazing. So many unique/uncommon design features! I love the new vent shot. Looks plenty wide to get into. And I look forward to seeing if there is a way to get the ball in there by caroming off a raised upper-right flipper!

Looks like there is a gap in the apron underneath the right outlane which I'm guessing returns the ball to the shooter lane. Is there a controlled gate there or is it designed to nudge your way into in order to save the ball?

The left ramp looks like it runs up and hits a target, which is an interesting way of directing the ball down the return lane.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

1) So the ball launches up a short wire rail, over the vent return area. But it looks like there's a gap in the wire.

I was confused about that too. If you look closely you can see there will be a rubber plug at the top of the launch wireform that lets the ball drop down onto the return from the reverse ramp and feed to the inlane. Each of the ramp returns are rendered in a purple colour and have a slot that widens to a drop point in the inlane. Hard to spot at first. It's an interesting way of doing it.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking good.
Is there a need for center post between flippers as we are not talking GB gap between flippers?!

IIRC it has traditionally be common for pinballs in Britain to be fitted with centre posts. So they may not fit this post to games that are being exported?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is the vent a scoop and subway?

The vent shot is a lane that resembles the hippo lane on Congo but it returns all the way down to the inlane with a gate like IJ. It looks like it might be a scoop until you realise that the white shapes in the CAD indicate inserts. Pay attention to the lane guides rendered in blue and you'll see it

#6294 3 years ago

Getting excited, "Oh hell yeah, baby"! Layout might be the thing that really cements the game - it manages to look both unique and fun.

alien16.jpg

#6295 3 years ago

Flow and variety of shots look awesome!!

Much better layout, especially the left loop back ramp that now is hit from the upper right flipper instead of blocking that left side from orbit flow shots.

LC F Ing D baby.

Mix a little Thiel and one of the greatest themes ever.

How can you F that up?

#6296 3 years ago

Gonna try and answer questions. Disclaimer, this is from my memory, and might not actually be accurate since I'm not working on the physical game.

Quoted from thewool:

Aurich is there a scoop shot on the machine? I thought there was but now can't see it.

I believe Mother was originally a scoop, and was changed to a saucer to control the ball being spit back out better so you could set up a shot for the upper left flipper.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

Is the Hypersleep ball lock a physical lock?

Yes. I believe if you shoot a ball up there with lock not lit and balls in the lock it will lock the ball you shot, and release one of the others. That mech isn't on the proto I've seen video of though, so I'm not 100% sure on his works. Definitely physical though.

Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Where does the ball deposit after the launch up the wireform (love this on STTNG)? Also, does the ramp still go through the backboard?

First part I'm not sure about. Dave explained it once, but now I forget. But I'm pretty sure the ramp doesn't go through the backboard anymore. There's a reason for that too that I don't remember. With Dave there's always a reason though, he really thinks all the geometry through.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

What happened to the mechanism in the bottom left area that used to be under the space jockey outlanes and were the botton part of that mechanism fell a bit under the apron?

I believe that idea was removed a long time ago in favor of the physical ball lack for Hypersleep in the upper left, and now that area can be lit in different ways for a ball save on one side or the other.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

There are a few questions I have on how or where the ball goes for example the vent shot and vent shot return. Is the vent a scoop and subway?

Not a subway, the launch wireform goes up and over that return, I think opening up that shot is the reason it was tweaked to shoot up the wireform that way. So you shoot in the Vent 2 shot from the upper left flipper, and it goes down and back out to the lower right flipper with a one way gate.

#6297 3 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I was confused about that too. If you look closely you can see there will be a rubber plug at the top of the launch wireform that lets the ball drop down onto the return from the reverse ramp and feed to the inlane. Each of the ramp returns are rendered in a purple colour and have a slot that widens to a drop point in the inlane. Hard to spot at first. It's an interesting way of doing it.

I see the plug at the end of the launch rail. That is an interesting design for sure. Once it feeds to the RT flipper, I'm sure there will be plenty of options for skillshots after launch.

I also see the target inside the LT ramp. I would have totally missed that! All kinds of cool designs going on here Any idea what is getting placed in the RT upper playfield corner area? Not much space but there's kind of a odd pink straight line there.

#6298 3 years ago

Cheers Aurich, little bit gutted at the scoop being removed as they are my favourite shots in pinball. Makes sense though to set up the shot to the chestburster drop target.

#6299 3 years ago
Quoted from Elf-Six:

What is the price tag on this machine?

According to the Heighway website it's $6300 + shipping. The website is not getting much in way of updates, but here's the page for pre-ordering with the info:

http://heighwaypinball.com/storenew/

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for posting Aurich! These are the kind of updates I love....trying to figure out the shot layout. Few initial thoughts....

You have a couple good questions that I'm not confident enough in my answers to speak to. Maybe Dave can cover those.

Quoted from accidental:

IIRC it has traditionally be common for pinballs in Britain to be fitted with centre posts. So they may not fit this post to games that are being exported?

Huh, I didn't know that. My assumption is that all playfields will have the hole drilled, I haven't heard anything about anything else. I don't remember Full Throttle having one though.

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Any idea what is getting placed in the RT upper playfield corner area? Not much space but there's kind of a odd pink straight line there.

I think that when the big xeno head eats the ball it drops into a subway to a VUK that pushes the ball back up to that area to return down to the flippers. I could be totally wrong on that one though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside