zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 601.
#11201 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Question for those who have sent a deposit for alien... Have you been asked to send your deposit money via EMT or via paypal as gift?
The distributor in Canada will only accept paypal if the customer eats the merchant fees. Seems odd to me as they are not a friend or individual, but a company. Also, surcharges for accepting PayPal seem to go against the paypal user agreement.

bank wire if paying direct.

I think credit card can also be used but asume extra fees?

#11202 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Question for those who have sent a deposit for alien... Have you been asked to send your deposit money via EMT or via paypal as gift?
The distributor in Canada will only accept paypal if the customer eats the merchant fees. Seems odd to me as they are not a friend or individual, but a company. Also, surcharges for accepting PayPal seem to go against the paypal user agreement.

Ken, we've been over this with you and have offered virtually every payment method for your purchase. However, we can't absorb the ridiculous Paypal fee's on a purchase of this size. We will accept CC, and any number of other payment methods that would still offer buyer protection. Contact me if anytime, Tommy

#11203 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Ken, we've been over this with you and have offered virtually every payment method for your purchase. However, we can't absorb the ridiculous Paypal fee's on a purchase of this size. We will accept CC, and any number of other payment methods that would still offer buyer protection. Contact me if anytime, Tommy

You should not be paying for a pinball machine via PayPal as a gift. It is against the terms of service, and a company shouldn't be endorsing this.

#11204 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

You should never pay for goods or services as a gift. It is absolutely the right of the seller to request that the buyer covers the PP fees, though. You would pay for goods and add the amount of the fees to your payment.

#11205 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You should not be paying for a pinball machine via PayPal as a gift. It is against the terms of service, and a company shouldn't be endorsing this.

Our company does not endorse this, and certainly not for a pinball machine purchase. It was suggested as a deposit method only to accommodate the customer. However, full payment of pinball machines is available via CC (no charges), Direct Deposit, EMT, Cheque etc.

#11206 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You should never pay for goods or services as a gift. It is absolutely the right of the seller to request that the buyer covers the PP fees, though. You would pay for goods and add the amount of the fees to your payment.

Here's what the PayPal TOS says about that:

"No surcharges

You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions."

You're right though, you should never pay for goods or services with F&F.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#accepting-payments

#11207 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

It was suggested as a deposit method only to accommodate the customer.

not even a deposit, no.

#11208 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like I said I missed the earlier discussion of the post. Now I'm regretting bringing it up, but when you remove the post, it leaves a hole.
Having a hole there isn't so bad..

I didn't realize there was a Kirk post on Alien either. Not a big deal though as it can be removed like on so many other games. Too bad you can't do a drop pass like on Stars.

I understand you're apprehension about it though. Just imagine the designer is a Steve Kirk fan. Who was the designer anyway? Last I heard that wasn't revealed.

#11209 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who was the designer anyway? Last I heard that wasn't revealed.

Designer of Alien? Original layout by Dennis Nordman ... Dave Sanders ( EalaDubhSidhe ) took over when Dennis left the project. I'm sure everyone knows Dennis; Dave is Heighway's in-house designer who also did Full Throttle.

#11210 7 years ago

and previously Dave did some very nice layout in VP, he's know in that community

#11211 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Dave is Heighway's in-house designer who also did Full Throttle.

Well, he did the layout.

#11212 7 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Well, he did the layout.

and what an awesome job he did!

Dave is the new king of flow, period! Seriously, no other produced game can even come close.
Having Dave on Aliens to tweak and fine tune was a big reason I went for it!

#11213 7 years ago

The layout does look cool and is one of the most unique pinball layouts created in recent years. Alien offers a lot of shot variety yet at the same time can play very fast offering the best of shooter and flow pin playfield world's.

Looking forward to the full LE reveal!

#11214 7 years ago

Prismatic core online.

20170222_064751 (resized).png20170222_064751 (resized).png

#11215 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Prismatic core online.

awesome!!!!!

You must be pumped! Let us know how setup goes and take lots of video!

#11216 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

take lots of video!

#11217 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Prismatic core online.

Holy Crap! That's TODAY!!

#11218 7 years ago

It is today. The waiting is killing me.

#11219 7 years ago

Due within the hour?

#11220 7 years ago

"First assembly is in 15 cjmjmm2006, Shag It!!"

#11221 7 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

It is today. The waiting is killing me.

Hope you can let us in on some of the action of unboxing / testing , if you would be so kind.

#11222 7 years ago

Congrats on the game! Please upload tons of unboxing pics and let us know your thoughts.

#11223 7 years ago

Good to hear a fellow pinsider is receiving the first Alien pin!

#11224 7 years ago

alienburst (resized).jpgalienburst (resized).jpg

#11225 7 years ago

12pm has passed right?

Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Prismatic core online.

#11226 7 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

12pm has passed right?

He took delivery already. It was mentioned in another thread IIRC. Showed pics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-on-its-way-to-starport-in-morgantown-wv#post-3613620

#11227 7 years ago

Thank you

#11228 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

He took delivery already. It was mentioned in another thread IIRC. Showed pics.

I'm sure he's enjoying his game for a bit before he gets to posting up pictures. I know I would. Besides, he'll have more to tell us that way.

#11229 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm sure he's enjoying his game for a bit before he gets to posting up pictures. I know I would. Besides, he'll have more to tell us that way.

i want it now (resized).jpgi want it now (resized).jpg

#11230 7 years ago

It's has landed. just don't know exactly where. Pittsburgh location.

FB_IMG_1487798583463 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1487798583463 (resized).jpg

#11231 7 years ago

Maybe all the other people that have received theirs just don't want to show any vids or pics because they're worried it will devalue the game if people see how incomplete.... oh, sorry...wrong thread

Very excited to see these make it into people's homes!

...also excited to see the LE art so i can make up my mind <bump for LE art>

#11232 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It's has landed. just don't know exactly where. Pittsburgh location.

Is there a woman doing a handstand behind that machine? Poor form trying to distract Player 1 in that fashion.

#11233 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome!!!!!
You must be pumped! Let us know how setup goes and take lots of video!

Yes videos please!

#11234 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Yes videos please!

Of the handstand woman or the game?

#11235 7 years ago

There should be a live Alien game stream starting soon-ish on Facebook . If it's twitch i'll post the link here.

Join the group Fun With Bonus to get the link going when it becomes active.

#11236 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There should be a live Alien game stream starting soon-ish on Facebook . If it's twitch i'll post the link here.
Join the group Fun With Bonus to get the link going when it becomes active.

https://www.twitch.tv/heyplaythis

As of 8:32 still not on. Technical difficulties were cited. Blown fuse.

#11237 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

https://www.twitch.tv/heyplaythis
As of 8:32 still not on. Technical difficulties were cited. Blown fuse.

Live feed has started.

#11238 7 years ago

Is this a production game? Still white under the flippers.

#11239 7 years ago

Game looks slick. The video interface is VERY well done.

#11240 7 years ago

"Not bad for a human" Is going to get old real fast. Any other snipets planned for the end of ball sequence?

#11241 7 years ago

Very cool, love the kid commentary!

So many shots and lanes, Road Show esque.

#11242 7 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Is this a production game? Still white under the flippers.

The first games are shipping out with the white infills. At some point soon that will change to the black infills and remain that way for production games

#11243 7 years ago

That center post is looking good with that left drain in mind...ouch

Thanks for the live stream

#11244 7 years ago

I've been telling my wife about how I want one, and now after watching the live stream she is all in. Now to start saving. great job Andrew game looks awesome.

#11245 7 years ago

Looking great! Very happy to be on this train right now.

#11247 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That center post is looking good with that left drain in mind...ouch
Thanks for the live stream

If you lock balls the left drain can trade one for a ball save.

#11248 7 years ago

I'm not complaining mind you, but isn't the circular ship I see so often the underground one from Prometheus? In the fact isn't the whole mode "Derelict Ship" about this?

I thought the kid was great too... could have been SO annoying - but wasn't! Quite charming actually... brings back memories of when mine were sorta cute like that.

I agree some alternate endings would be nice. So MANY possibilities too...

Kongrats to the H Team!

#11249 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm not complaining mind you, but isn't the circular ship I see so often the underground one from Prometheus? In the fact isn't the whole mode "Derelict Ship" about this?

It's from Alien...it's the same type of ship. It's where the *SPOILERS* facehugger comes from originally.

Shhh I know Ridley wanted to keep it a secret but Prometheus is actually related to the Alien Franchise

#11250 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's from Alien...it's the same type of ship. It's where the *SPOILERS* facehugger comes from originally.
Shhh I know Ridley wanted to keep it a secret but Prometheus is actually related to the Alien Franchise

Jeez I know Prometheus was his Alien prequel... and I haven't seen the original Alien in ages so if that ship was in it then that would answer my question.

I know you think your posts are clever but your second sentence just comes off as dickish and part of the problem over here... but gee thanks for answering.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/225 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.