zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 601.
#16801 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too. I've gotten six games myself during the initial launch and down payment
If you aren't comfortably numb yet have a few drinks as well to get you there

Finally, some sense in the thread!!!....only need 2 of what I'm drinking lately to get there....

#16802 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren't we past due for your documentation?

I think greenhornet probably recognized a flaw in his revelation which basically nullified it. Now there's no point in sharing.

#16803 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm want to believe!

THE-X-FILES-TV-Show-POSTER-I-Want-to-Believe-Mulders-Office-Print-on-Silk-Home (resized).jpgTHE-X-FILES-TV-Show-POSTER-I-Want-to-Believe-Mulders-Office-Print-on-Silk-Home (resized).jpg

e32 (resized).pnge32 (resized).png

203417_2 (resized).jpg203417_2 (resized).jpg

51pr9ELd7ML._SY450_ (resized).jpg51pr9ELd7ML._SY450_ (resized).jpg

765949_1 (resized).jpg765949_1 (resized).jpg

flying-spaghetti-monster-i-want-to-believe_a-G-9119408-0 (resized).jpgflying-spaghetti-monster-i-want-to-believe_a-G-9119408-0 (resized).jpg

218 (resized).png218 (resized).png

#16804 6 years ago

If you believe in fairies clap your hands.
Come on peter.

#16805 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Got that big Alien bombshell ready to drop on us yet?

Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, thanks for reminding, @greenhornet when are you going to share your thoughts? I'm looking forward.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

aren't we past due for your documentation?

yes, sorry about the 'promise' earlier this month. really did believe i could wrap things up over that holiday weekend.

Quoted from greenhornet:

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 5.
ALIEN DAY.

i am definitely monitoring progress re: if and when games reach the states. continued misrepresentations in delivery have afforded everyone more time, including myself. remember, i wasn't keen on spending the time if the point was moot.

Quoted from greenhornet:

i can't see spending the energy on the subject unless the machines are actually produced.

Quoted from greenhornet:

the work required to finish would go to waste if nothing really mattered.

pending shipping confirmation, ~21 people may be receiving games in the next 30 days. i am confident i will be sharing my message some time before then.

when HP said they were processing 'new ramps' and that current owners in the US were getting an entire 'new playfield', i was holding out/dreaming they may have redesigned some aspects of the playfield for the better. it would have been nice to see some gameplay on a newer production machine as well. all we got was a short video from austria, which did nothing to change my opinion/position.

some of you aren't going to like it. some may appreciate it. others perhaps meh. most everyone has been kind enough not to turn things into a clusterfk and id prefer to keep things amicable and objective.

as a good faith and humorous gesture, im posting a photo to show everyone im still hard at work and on top of this matter.

paul02 (resized).jpgpaul02 (resized).jpg

#16806 6 years ago

alien-pins-are-on-the-water (resized).jpgalien-pins-are-on-the-water (resized).jpg

#16807 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

If you believe in fairies clap your hands.
Come on peter.

Got my T-shirt already pre-ordered.......ah shit here we go again!!!!!

ra,womens_tshirt,x1000,dd2121 8219e99865,front-c,237,212,210,230-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1 (resized).jpgra,womens_tshirt,x1000,dd2121 8219e99865,front-c,237,212,210,230-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1 (resized).jpg

#16808 6 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Got my T-shirt already pre-ordered.......

Looks like you've lost some weight!

#16809 6 years ago

Cmon baby!

473027575 (resized).jpg473027575 (resized).jpg

#16810 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Aren't we past due for your documentation?

Probably saving that discussion for when the games fail to ship again. Everyone will need something new to discuss in here at that point.

#16811 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

yes, sorry about the 'promise' earlier this month. really did believe i could wrap things up over that holiday weekend.

i am definitely monitoring progress re: if and when games reach the states. continued misrepresentations in delivery have afforded everyone more time, including myself. remember, i wasn't keen on spending the time if the point was moot.

pending shipping confirmation, ~21 people may be receiving games in the next 30 days. i am confident i will be sharing my message some time before then.
when HP said they were processing 'new ramps' and that current owners in the US were getting an entire 'new playfield', i was holding out/dreaming they may have redesigned some aspects of the playfield for the better. it would have been nice to see some gameplay on a newer production machine as well. all we got was a short video from austria, which did nothing to change my opinion/position.
some of you aren't going to like it. some may appreciate it. others perhaps meh. most everyone has been kind enough not to turn things into a clusterfk and id prefer to keep things amicable and objective.
as a good faith and humorous gesture, im posting a photo to show everyone im still hard at work and on top of this matter.

can we get this dude thread booted for broken record status if enough people report? It is a valid question.

Honestly have never seen anyone drag on and on and on so ambiguously to try and claim he has uncovered some fatal flaw in the game... but you just need to wait for him to explain what it is. You are really getting old with this shtick.

#16812 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can we get this dude thread booted for broken record status if enough people report? It is a valid question.
Honestly have never seen anyone drag on and on and on so ambiguously to try and claim he has uncovered some fatal flaw in the game... but you just need to wait for him to explain what it is. You are really getting old with this shtick.

Block him then. You have the power to not see someone drag on and on.

#16813 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Totally. this guy needed to shit or get off the pot on his hidden flaw about 4 posts ago.

#16814 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

It was last month.

#16815 6 years ago

Update from the unit today, circa 1pm - 2pm.

Cabinets...

01 cabs (resized).JPG01 cabs (resized).JPG
02 cabs (resized).JPG02 cabs (resized).JPG

Playfields...

03 playfields (resized).JPG03 playfields (resized).JPG
04 playfields (resized).JPG04 playfields (resized).JPG
05 playfields (resized).JPG05 playfields (resized).JPG

Parts...

06 parts (resized).JPG06 parts (resized).JPG

Lunch break...

07 lunch (resized).JPG07 lunch (resized).JPG

Boxed-up games for Cointaker and Nitro...

08 boxes (resized).JPG08 boxes (resized).JPG
09 cointaker (resized).JPG09 cointaker (resized).JPG
10 nitro (resized).JPG10 nitro (resized).JPG

Loading begins...

11 first (resized).JPG11 first (resized).JPG
12 first (resized).JPG12 first (resized).JPG

Well underway...

13 middle (resized).JPG13 middle (resized).JPG
14 middle (resized).JPG14 middle (resized).JPG

Last one...

15 last (resized).JPG15 last (resized).JPG
16 last (resized).JPG16 last (resized).JPG

All done...

17 done (resized).JPG17 done (resized).JPG
18 done (resized).JPG18 done (resized).JPG

And off they go.

19 off (resized).JPG19 off (resized).JPG
20 off (resized).JPG20 off (resized).JPG

#16816 6 years ago

Now we're talkin!!

#16817 6 years ago

Oh snap! All the pics hadn't been added..

#16818 6 years ago

So anyone gotten any word on the solution for LE owners and removal of fiber optic ramps? Lesser price, different add-ons.........anything??? I have asked Heighway 8 different times and gotten the same "we don't know" answer. Seems a little late in the game to not know if production is really ramping up.

#16819 6 years ago

Very nice update !!! Appears 20 something in a container, and 40 something new cabinets in the shop....very encouraging!!!

I might actually see my LE by Christmas....

#16820 6 years ago

Travel safe... I will see you soon!

Any of you in the SF Bay Area? One of these will be on location at The Flipper Room in Concord, CA.

#16821 6 years ago

Oh, thank god something went out today. As much as i want this game, I think I'd have been out if there was some new delay instead.

Quoted from bemmett:

So anyone gotten any word on the solution for LE owners and removal of fiber optic ramps? Lesser price, different add-ons.........anything??? I have asked Heighway 8 different times and gotten the same "we don't know" answer. Seems a little late in the game to not know if production is really ramping up.

Yeah, i want to know this ASAP as well. Morgan said "soon" in response to my question about a month ago. It really shouldn't be that hard.

#16822 6 years ago

Hell Yes!!! This is actually happening!! Positive thinking! Where did you find these pics? Great to see - I wonder how many got on there. Great news indeed. Looks like the final confirmation of shipping was accurate. Tracking number is likely to follow then based on my email from CT.

#16823 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

- I wonder how many got on there.

20' container (1/2 container~20 games).

2pm and not a soul on the production line?

#16824 6 years ago

How long does the boat take from Wales to New York? Very exciting to see more of these produced. Thanks for the pics Dave and for making such a cool game.

#16825 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hell Yes!!! This is actually happening!! Positive thinking! Where did you find these pics? Great to see - I wonder how many got on there. Great news indeed. Looks like the final confirmation of shipping was accurate. Tracking number is likely to follow then based on my email from CT.

Isolate that guys posts and figure out whom he might be?

#16826 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

20' container (1/2 container~20 games). 2pm and not a soul on the production line?

Loading process for 21 machines took close to an hour, and that lunch break was on shortly before the truck arrived. Plus I wasn't the only one taking pictures.

#16827 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

20' container (1/2 container~20 games).

I counted 19 boxed in one of the pics, so believe you are spot on.

#16828 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Loading process took close to an hour, and that lunch break was on shortly before the truck arrived. Plus I wasn't the only one taking pictures.

There are obviously people building these things.... my question ....any of those cabs dedicated to LE builds?... obviously production will slowly ramp up...hoping they are mixing some in there....

#16829 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How long does the boat take from Wales to New York? Very exciting to see more of these produced. Thank for the pics Dave and for making such a cool game.

I was told it would take 12 days to get over to the US.

With 20 games shipping it looks like they are split b/w Canada and US (Nitro an CT)? Melissa from CT said she was expecting to receive 20 or so. Maybe another shipment will follow although not sure what the split looks like. Just happy to see these move!

#16830 6 years ago

One gone up on eBay in the UK. 1st one I have seen on there for sale.
It has the 27" in it but a bit steep at £8995 ono. That is £1K over RRP of a new one (which are already now overpriced IMO).
Now that ALIEN machines are clearly leaving the factory in numbers you would be mad to pay that much over RRP surely? Especially as it seems that Heighway have revamped (and re ramped) a lot of the components in recent weeks..

#16831 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Now that ALIEN machines are clearly leaving the factory in numbers

I am waiting to see the actual Ship Tracking Number!

#16832 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I am waiting to see the actual Ship Tracking Number!

Haha, yeah. The truck just went around the block and then straight back to the factory maybe. lol.

#16833 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Haha, yeah. The truck just went around the block and then straight back to the factory maybe. lol.

Doubt that, however, I'm sure there's not a proprietary ship waiting to sail today w these....... just glad to see them out the door at this point....eta? Only the shadow knows....

#16834 6 years ago

Curious box #8 for the cointaker order says EXTRA. EXTRAS??? maybe parts for another game or some new CPUs for existing orders?

#16835 6 years ago

Reading Pinside?

4a652a686b70efb68ea12a3517d6ea4166adaac6 (resized).jpg4a652a686b70efb68ea12a3517d6ea4166adaac6 (resized).jpg

#16836 6 years ago

Curious box #8 for the cointaker order says EXTRA. EXTRAS??? maybe parts for another game or some new CPUs for existing orders?

Maybe topper?

#16837 6 years ago

#16838 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe topper or better glass?

Are you suggesting box #8 is full of orange beacons and sheets of glass?! C'mon man!

#16839 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Reading Pinside?

No way.

They have headphones.

They are clearly listening to Kaneda

#16840 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was told it would take 12 days to get over to the US.

So we're most likely looking at just over 2 weeks minimum before we start seeing unboxing vids and reviews?

I'm marking my calendar because that will be a critical time

#16841 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

So we're most likely looking at just over 2 weeks minimum before we start seeing unboxing vids and reviews?
I'm marking my calendar because that will be a critical time

Cointaker's Expo booth will be a busy place if they have Alien & the updated TBL set up.

#16842 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

One gone up on eBay in the UK. 1st one I have seen on there for sale.
It has the 27" in it but a bit steep at £8995 ono. That is £1K over RRP of a new one (which are already now overpriced IMO).
Now that ALIEN machines are clearly leaving the factory in numbers you would be mad to pay that much over RRP surely? Especially as it seems that Heighway have revamped (and re ramped) a lot of the components in recent weeks..

That's from a well known pin dealer .... most of the early UK ones were quickly sold on by the buyers....read into that what you will.

#16843 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you suggesting box #8 is full of orange beacons and sheets of glass?! C'mon man!

haha - no just meant that #8 might be coming with the topper.

#16844 6 years ago

#emptycabinetsbuymoretime

#16845 6 years ago

is the software in this still kind of hit or miss? We played this again at Mad rolling. And really didn't get anywhere. Even by ball 3, nothing really started or happened. Was really uneventful and didnt' feel like any value for $1. I liked it more when I played the prototypes at expo. But on route the way it started off, I would not put money in it again the way it currently is. Least DE would line you up for a multiball or something to make it feel like you got some value out of your play. We had some arch of inserts all lit in green. Hitting any of the icons that were lit, really didn't start anything. Game isn't that good at telling you what you are doing or where you are shooting. I'm sure hilton has the updated code in it.

#16846 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is the software in this still kind of hit or miss? We played this again at Mad rolling. And really didn't get anywhere. Even by ball 3, nothing really started or happened. Was really uneventful and didnt' feel like any value for $1. I liked it more when I played the prototypes at expo. But on route the way it started off, I would not put money in it again the way it currently is. Least DE would line you up for a multiball or something to make it feel like you got some value out of your play. We had some arch of inserts all lit in green. Hitting any of the icons that were lit, really didn't start anything. Game isn't that good at telling you what you are doing or where you are shooting. I'm sure hilton has the updated code in it.

Start modes.

#16847 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Weyland ramp > Yutani ramp > shoot scoop...that's how you start a mode.

#16848 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Weyland ramp > Yutani ramp > shoot scoop...that's how you start a mode.

Maybe one of the ramp switches wasn't registering

#16849 6 years ago

I doubt Hilton has the updated code. He probably has what it came with, which should have been what you played at EXPO. We were able to start a couple of modes at EXPO last year.

The newer games use a new computer and had several refinements. There were also new light boards (small rgbs) and a new head mech from what I read. New games are shipping with 1.02 code, not sure how much was added in a year but I'm sure the programmer has a changelog

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/333#post-3963460

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#16850 6 years ago

I doubt Hilton has the updated code.

Right. His game definitely does not have the latest code. His is about 6 months old now. There have been many, many changes. The changelogs are all posted in this thread if you go back and look for them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.