• 23,986 posts
  • 976 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by knockerlover
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,708 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

O9HY42W4SZqCTpDCVWuYRA (resized).jpg
dCH8JYKNQ5e2hSHaiTNLOg (resized).jpg
2PwuYjTqSGKlG+yzp441mw (resized).jpg
ali+iWf2RmWSFO9rZFuyyg (resized).jpg
mp7wGqtDRVeraCQCif50uA (resized).jpg
cHd2utRRSgON3tWqx0w3iQ (resized).jpg
3eZtyZXLRoO1Xb9Gce9Jxg (resized).jpg
LOVCwcfJRk+1kTkAe3qvVw (resized).jpg
xM9vM%IUS+OKznviMDXC2Q (resized).jpg
4qG+0t1UT%CDgWsWRYvRlA (resized).jpg
IMG_5543 (resized).JPG
DoorInterlock (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190309-205039 (resized).png
81Zi2iEAVEL._SY879_ (resized).jpg
20190307_151104 (resized).jpg
20190307_151241 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 23986 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 480.
#5251 2 years ago

Enjoy tomorrow

image_(resized).jpeg

#5252 2 years ago

easter-1_(resized).jpg

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Enjoy tomorrow

image_(resized).jpeg

For a moment I wondered if you were affiliated with Heighway and hinting at something being revealed .... but then I realised that I'm a godless heathen and that chocolate festival is tomorrow.

#5254 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

For a moment I wondered if you were affiliated with Heighway and hinting at something being revealed .... but then I realised that I'm a godless heathen and that chocolate festival is tomorrow.

Don't worry. At some point I'll do a headphone kit for these

#5255 2 years ago

happy_easter_(resized).jpg

#5256 2 years ago

I haven't seen it in the thread but has their been any mention on whether Heighway is making any kind of topper that will fit between the beacons?

#5257 2 years ago

AliensvsPinball_Logo_FDEZen_(resized).png

#5258 2 years ago

Cool! I see the Predator double blades in that image as well. Love me some Zen pinball

What I find far more interesting is that the Zen game is releasing on 4/26/16, deemed "Alien Day" for marketing purposes. Never heard of the promotion before. An obvious reference to LV-426.

I also spotted this marketing from Mondo today on Twitter, promoting an Alien Double feature at various Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas across the country.

image1_(resized).JPG

Maybe this has been 20th Century Fox's cohesive plan all along, to unveil new Alien products & properties under one marketing plan, and that's why Heighway has been limited in what they can show?

Maybe "Alien Day" is also the targeted reveal date for Heighway? Fingers crossed

#5259 2 years ago

I don't know anything about "Alien Day", or this Zen thing, but now I'm super curious to see what they're doing and what they're allowed to use.

#5260 2 years ago

http://gamingshogun.com/2016/03/29/fox-announces-april-26-alien-day/

Additional global ALIEN DAY partners include:

Not Heighway

Come on Fox...

#5261 2 years ago

Wouldn't this have been a great, worldwide PR opportunity for the pinball machine?

#5262 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not Heighway
Come on Fox...

Indeed, very weird.

Let's twitter @Fox#AlienDay426 and find out what's is going on!

#5263 2 years ago

Great link Wickerman.

I find it insane that Heighway is not part of this promotion. Seems like a great opportunity for exposure.

#5264 2 years ago

Real shame HP were part of the Alien celebrations, they are the company arguable with the boldest Alien related move right now. Hopefully it's not too late.

#5265 2 years ago

An oversight possibly to be corrected?

#5266 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not Heighway
Come on Fox...

Yeah that makes no sense. Maybe the physical pinball machine is not very relevant or material to them.

Digital pinball yes because it involves xbox, playstation, etc.

#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the physical pinball machine is not very relevant or material to them.

That's why it makes perfect sense to me.

#5268 2 years ago

Hate to read to much into it, but at first glance doesn't say much about their interest in the project...but who knows? Maybe they will do another Alien Day this year that coincides with some other date-looking number from the movie.

Has nothing to do with whether or not the game will be great, just would've been great for Heighway sales potentially.

#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah that makes no sense. Maybe the physical pinball machine is not very relevant or material to them.

This seems like a very safe bet. You'd have to imagine that many, many more folks will see/play a Zen pinball table than will see/play a physical table of which only hundreds or at the most a few thousand will be made.

That said, it'd be great if Heighway could get in on this promotion. I'm also hoping that if Zen was able to run wild with the IP that it gives Heighway a bit of leverage to negotiate any final changes/additions Aurich would like to make to the art package.

#5270 2 years ago

The Heighway pin is not going to be ready for 'Alien Day' (not even for a reveal), so cross-promoting it makes no sense for Fox - even if, as pointed out above, they feel its relevant enough to push and they may not for a variety of reasons....and quite frankly doesn't look like its going to be ready this summer/fall either. Not bitching, etc.....but based on everything known, I'd say there is quite a bit of engineering, dialing-in, quality testing, etc left to go. Fox went on a licensing spree for back to back ALIEN 35th and ALIENS 30TH anniversary promotions. The Heighway pin will stand on its own as a strong license, so its not critical, but they have definitely blown/will blow past these two events. I am, of course, armchair quarterbacking and have no real idea.....there could be a big reveal announced later today for all I know! But, getting pins in a fun, reliable state for mass production is not an easy task as has been pointed and demonstrated a billion times. Alien was announced in 2014 and we are blazing into spring 2016....

#5272 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This seems like a very safe bet. You'd have to imagine that many, many more folks will see/play a Zen pinball table than will see/play a physical table of which only hundreds or at the most a few thousand will be made.
That said, it'd be great if Heighway could get in on this promotion. I'm also hoping that if Zen was able to run wild with the IP that it gives Heighway a bit of leverage to negotiate any final changes/additions Aurich would like to make to the art package.

The reason pinball actually gets big licenses, despite having poor reach and generating poor license revenue, is because it is a halo product. It's not really an analogue to Zen at all.

It does however bode poorly if Heighway are indeed no part of this .....

#5273 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's why it makes perfect sense to me.

#5274 2 years ago

Meh. Just build the damn pins. Everything else is just noise.

#5276 2 years ago

Apologies for the long delay in posting. It has been a crazy month for shows and traveling.

Quoted from bane:

Come on Heighway. You have folks with thousands of dollars commited to this game. Not all of us can attend trade shows. Throw us a bone. We deserve it. We are financing this project. Show us what you have. Stop being coy.

If we could have done so, then we would have done so. We fight to show everything we can.

We feel your frustration and apologise that we can't show more. As soon as we can show more, you guys will be the first to see it.

Quoted from zeddex:

The Heighway pin is not going to be ready for 'Alien Day' (not even for a reveal), so cross-promoting it makes no sense for Fox - even if, as pointed out above, they feel its relevant enough to push and they may not for a variety of reasons....and quite frankly doesn't look like its going to be ready this summer/fall either.

We are aware of Alien Day. If the game was 100% finished a few months ago then we would have been part of the official announcements recently made. We clearly missed that date as the game is still deep in development.. There is still a chance that we can reveal something significant on this day. We will keep you up-to-date closer to the time.

Development is definitely at an advanced stage and we believe we are absolutely still on course for summer 2016 production

#5277 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Development is definitely at an advanced stage and we believe we are absolutely still on course for summer 2016 production

That's excellent news! Are you getting close to finishing the LE artwork? I know many of us are eager to see that.

#5278 2 years ago

the game is still deep in development

still on course for summer 2016 production

Is it possible to go from deep in development to production in a few months?

#5279 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Is it possible to go from deep in development to production in a few months?

Technically, yes.

Many of the same parts and mechanisms are used on different games.

Suppliers are then 'tested' during the development process, with a view to them making production quantities of game-specific parts and mechanisms.

The game is tested daily with new rules and tweaks, and then reported back to the whole development team.

#5280 2 years ago

Any Info that comes along , I'm grateful for . Good things take time , anything rushed usually shows .

#5281 2 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Good things take time , anything rushed usually shows

Correct, please take ur time as this really is a special theme for many of us in the pin community which is rife with family friendly themes, GB's looks great and while not a fan of TH layout and gameplay it is a stunner but fantasy and super heros, comedies and old bands just can't compare for me anyway to Sci Fi horror, TWD was such a breath of fresh air and Aliens should be greatness so lets relax and focus, no rushing just concentrating on making a mood of both terror and suspense with all the bells and whistles, then on to Predator I hope based on 1 and 2. Thanks Andrew

#5282 2 years ago

Thanks for popping in Andrew. We all appreciate the updates

Fingers still crossed that the Alien video from Texas Pinball Festival will be posted on your YouTube channel at some point.

#5283 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks for popping in Andrew. We all appreciate the updates
Fingers still crossed that the Alien video from Texas Pinball Festival will be posted on your YouTube channel at some point.

More than 2 weeks have passed since the video was made, so there's probably little point in showing it now.

I imagine the video is long out of date if they really are on track for June production. They'd have to be iterating at a pretty high cadence to get there.

#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I imagine the video is long out of date if they really are on track for June production. They'd have to be iterating at a pretty high cadence to get there.

The video was recently made.

Quoted from Aurich:

The good news is if you show up to the Heighway talk at TPF tonight you're going to get to see the first peek at the prototype 1. We've put together a video with a lot of stuff you haven't seen yet. Animations, sound (and you'll get some great news in that department), some toys you haven't seen yet, good stuff. Remember it's all pre-production parts, so don't take any of it as final, but you should also know that it's further along than it looks. Lots of modes are programmed for instance that aren't show in the video, it's a teaser. Unfortunately Fox hasn't approved the video for public consumption yet.

Video animations & sounds, game modes, toys, the popper lighting effects, etc etc etc. So yeah, I think we'd all like to see that when Fox gives the ok.

#5285 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The video was recently made.

It was made over 2 weeks ago, which isn't very recent if they're working fast, like I said.

#5286 2 years ago

It will be so cool if your able to get some additional approvals from 20th Century to tease us with even though a full reveal looks to be unlikely. Seeing this poster that was revealed by ACME immediately got me excited about owning the theme.

image.jpeg

#5287 2 years ago

We're all eager to show off the state of the game. You guys are right though, that video is already feeling out of date. The xeno toy that was revealed at Texas for instance, that's the prototype that Andrew literally got at the hotel before the show. So obviously it wasn't featured in the video in any way. And it looks killer, so that's a shame!

Don't get me wrong, if I could share that video right now I would. But I think the smart play would be for us to shoot something updated that's not tied to the timing of Texas, and see if we can't get it approved to share.

I'm confident Andrew will sort it out, so hang tight.

#5288 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

so hang tight.

CAT2_(resized).jpg

#5289 2 years ago

Too all of my fellow pinball enthusiasts that are waiting for Alien, fret not. My Full Throttle is an amazing machine. I am very excited about this platform and it's potential. I am personally looking forward to Alien and I hope to add it as a kit to my game. Heighway has accomplished a great deal getting FT on the line.

#5290 2 years ago

More like...

hang_01_(resized).jpg

#5293 2 years ago

I think what Heighway is doing is fantastic but I do always have a little chuckle at the predicted dates. Someone should make a list.

#5294 2 years ago

Thought this may also be a good place to ask...

wondering if anyone has swapped coin doors and put a DBV on their Full Throttle?

#5295 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thought this may also be a good place to ask...
wondering if anyone has swapped coin doors and put a DBV on their Full Throttle?

So Heighway games do not come with a coin door that has a DBV slot??

#5296 2 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

So Heighway games do not come with a coin door that has a DBV slot??

nope. At least currently they come with the same crappy door that Spooky uses. 2 coin slot and no space to even install a DBV.

given the price I am not sure why both Heighway and Spooky are not using the 2 slot w DBV slot that Happ makes. about $100 and I bet they can get a bulk buy discount to bring the price way down.

#5297 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope. At least currently they come with the same crappy door that Spooky uses. 2 coin slot and no space to even install a DBV.
given the price I am not sure why both Heighway and Spooky are not using the 2 slot w DBV slot that Happ makes. about $100 and I bet they can get a bulk buy discount to bring the price way down.

Seriously?!? While I can cut a boutique shop like Spooky some slack for this, Heighway is a different story. If Heighway wants to compete with the big boys and be more than just a home model pin maker, then this is a necessary change they need to make to get their games out on location. Can you imagine if Stern or JJP pulled this kind of thing?

#5298 2 years ago

I do believe the change is coming for heighway to a 2 coin door WITH a DBV. We are game #41 so I am still OK with cutting them a little slack. They did reengineer the trough to be positioned differently so a DBV will fit (at least that is how I understand it). Lats I was told, Alien will come with a door that accepts a DBV.

I think coins are the more common thing in UK so I can understand them not having them at the start. Heighway has been AMAZING about making adjustments so I am sure this is something that will happen also.

#5299 2 years ago

to the questions at hand, has anyone tapped into their FullT to put in a new coi door with DBV?

this is the door I am planning to order and woudl liek to know if it will work and ALSO, if a DBV upstacker will fit or if I need to use a dumper? I am wondering where you gabbed power from? Where you tapped into switches or if there is already wire harness slot for DBV? and also how things fit and if door will close once DBV is installed?

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/coin_doors/40-0696-30

#5300 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do believe the change is coming for heighway to a 2 coin door WITH a DBV. We are game #41 so I am still OK with cutting them a little slack. They did reengineer the trough to be positioned differently so a DBV will fit (at least that is how I understand it). Lats I was told, Alien will come with a door that accepts a DBV.
I think coins are the more common thing in UK so I can understand them not having them at the start. Heighway has been AMAZING about making adjustments so I am sure this is something that will happen also.

Really good to hear because I'm very close to springing for an Alien to put on route.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nidderau, HE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 23986 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 480.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside