zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9151 Insight from Alien's programmer on tournament mode Posted by Ferret (7 years ago)

Post #9234 Update on distribution Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #9660 Here we show you a short clip from the 'Ambush Multiball' mode Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #10128 Photo of Alien at UK Trade Show Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #10230 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10231 game play video from EAG UK tradeshow Posted by Join_The_Cirqus (7 years ago)

Post #10914 Alien ships Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #10916 Alien ships Posted by HeighwayPinball (7 years ago)

Post #11230 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by ezeltmann (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 601.
#1 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the huge amount of interest in our second game - Alien Pinball.

We are as excited to make this game as you are and believe us when we say that we want this game to be every bit as good as you do.

Both 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are all-time classics and the potential for a pinball machine has always been huge. Over the coming months, we want to share with you as much information as we can, and when we are permitted to do so by our licensor.

With pre-orders going very well and to make things fair for people who want to know more about the game before ordering, we are going to show you the basic game layout as it stands now.

We must emphasise that this layout should not be considered as final at this point, and is subject to change. With regards to the toys and their positions, it should be assumed that not everything is present and what is, is also subject to change. The whitewood will be built within the next 2-3 weeks, and then testing will begin.

Within this thread, and via our Facebook and Twitter feeds, we will aim to bring you the latest info as soon as we can, and answer any questions you may have.

We have been busy at Pinball Expo over the last 4 days and have not been able to reply to all of the many emails we have received about this game. Please bear with us for another 24 hours and we will endeavour to have replied to everyone individually

Thanks for reading.

Heighway Pinball

#2 9 years ago

So, here is the basic playfield layout, with shot descriptions:

Heighway Alien 05 09 14 Model (1)-page-001-184.jpgHeighway Alien 05 09 14 Model (1)-page-001-184.jpg
#3 9 years ago

Who's doing the artwork?

#4 9 years ago

I feel that every game should start like this blueprint instead of secrets and speculation. This looks like a kick ass game!

#5 9 years ago

You had me 'hi everyone', excited to see more and more!

#6 9 years ago

If the art is illustrated and inspired by Giger. Will be amazing. If it is just a bunch of screenshots from the film. It will be cool but less amazing.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Dalbon:

I feel that every game should start like this blueprint instead of secrets and speculation. This looks like a kick ass game!

Someone could copy and paste the ideas in his own project.

but i agree, thats a very smart move.

#8 9 years ago

I want to coin a new phrase. It looks like a reasonable amount of balls stopped and a reasonable amount of flow - so we have Stop and Flow

Looks interesting with a lot of options for shots, be interesting to see this progress. Art will be key to this table I guess

#9 9 years ago

Very different. Interesting. Is a reverse-o-matic the same thing as the Jack the Monkey shot on POTC? Hopefully it's not as tight as that shot lol....that thing sucks.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

If the art is illustrated and inspired by Giger. Will be amazing. If it is just a bunch of screenshots from the film. It will be cool but less amazing.

Heighway said that the artwork is leaning towards being photo-realistic rather than hand drawn (see 17:45 in Jared's interview):
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/54161494

#11 9 years ago

Oh cool Jared asked my question from his thread. Sweet. Granted I am disappointed it wont have hand drawn artwork inspired by H. R. Giger. I do understand it could also be risky to replicate. Granted, the photo references from the films can still be equally impressive. Cant wait to see it, hope it is epic.

#12 9 years ago

Maaaaaannn, I love that little playfield sketch. Everything revealed about this so far has me excited... I just hope it doesn't come out until my kids are out of college...in 2037.

#13 9 years ago

Sooo Excited, Made my LE deposit last night will send the paperwork tomorrow

please please please can i have #426

--Jeff

#14 9 years ago

That's a ton of different shots and combos.
Love feeding upper flippers for shots.
Looks like my kind of game.
Can't wait for a whitewood video.

#15 9 years ago

I can't state enough how well I feel this reveal is being handled.

The artwork and toys can't be shown yet (due to licensing restrictions) so they put out a shot map with anticipated actions and possible combo ideas! Now THAT'S how you do it!

#16 9 years ago

Great to see this title being made. Good luck to you and the whole team on this project.

#17 9 years ago

I don't want to go off-topic but it seems this is also a good marketing strategy and could help bump Full Throttle sales since Alien table will fit in same cabinet as Full Throttle.

#18 9 years ago

This looks like a really nice layout, seems like a lot of thought has gone into this, it was interesting to read the explanation of the shots, thanks.

#19 9 years ago

Is Doug Watson still involved with Heighway Pinball? He already has previous experience with Giger inspired artwork (Baracorra)

#20 9 years ago

5. ..."facehugger"... "magnet"... "chest burster"...

Sold!

#21 9 years ago

That third flipper is in a very interesting spot...

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

That third flipper is in a very interesting spot...

Reminds me a bit of Doctor Who the way you feed it from the A spot.

#23 9 years ago

Is full throttle shipping? I need both of these !

#24 9 years ago

Very cool layout.

#25 9 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first stab at an Alien theme...is it? I think Clay's interview with Barry Oursler revealed that BSD was originally designed for the Aliens license but was re-themed due to some hiccups with the license.

Hope this one turns out AWESOME!

#26 9 years ago

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

#27 9 years ago

Any chance you will have a Canadian distributer like The Playdium store? I'm going to buy this pinball but man is it a pain with all the shipping and crap. Please keep us canucks in mind. Thanks

#28 9 years ago

From what I've seen from the expo coverage, Heighway has been the manufacturer that really stole the show. There are other cool games out there for sure, but this is the company I keep wanting to see more from.

I wish I had the money to be buying NIB games. If I did, I'd be all in for this platform. Such a good move to allow multiple games into a single cabinet. And a brave move trying to increase value for the customer. That's a breath of fresh air in the pinball industry. I hope for nothing but explosive success for this company.

Great move on teasing everyone with Alien as the next title. The sketch of the shots above looks like a fun player. Can't wait to hear what other games are in development for Heighway.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

And thank god for that. Now the only thing that will put a nail in the coffin of Stern or JJP is competitive pricing.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

From what I've seen from the expo coverage, Heighway has been the manufacturer that really stole the show. There are other cool games out there for sure, but this is the company I keep wanting to see more from.
I wish I had the money to be buying NIB games. If I did, I'd be all in for this platform. Such a good move to allow multiple games into a single cabinet. And a brave move trying to increase value for the customer. That's a breath of fresh air in the pinball industry. I hope for nothing but explosive success for this company.
Great move on teasing everyone with Alien as the next title. The sketch of the shots above looks like a fun player. Can't wait to hear what other games are in development for Heighway.

Jared did a great interview with this guy.

If you look at his website pictures I counted 13 employees as part of Heighway. A very good sign.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Any chance you will have a Canadian distributer like The Playdium store? I'm going to buy this pinball but man is it a pain with all the shipping and crap. Please keep us canucks in mind. Thanks

I put Andrew in touch with Guylaine so hopefully they can work something out.

#33 9 years ago

I am liking what I am seeing on that layout.

#34 9 years ago

Looks like a fun lay out destroyed by a flipper. Omg, that will stand in the way constantly.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I put Andrew in touch with Guylaine so hopefully they can work something out.

I'd like to be in touch with Guylaine, what a beautiful women.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Looks like a fun lay out destroyed by a flipper. Omg, that will stand in the way constantly.

Good catch! You should email Nordman immediately to let him know!

#37 9 years ago

I too joined the Alien LE bandwagon.

#5 coming to Texas!

Marcus

#38 9 years ago

I'm in, waiting to see if there will be Canadian distribution but one way or another this is a must have.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm in, waiting to see if there will be Canadian distribution but one way or another this is a must have.

Agree 100%. I'd be in for an LE just for those damn yellow beacons...great for creating mood in a dark room. Great sound package, yellow beacons, dark room, fog machine, crank the heat up and be ready to be constantly looking over your shoulder.

#40 9 years ago

Wow, thanks for doing this. The pf looks good and interesting and hopefully the feedback fron pinside can make it even better. What a refreshing approach to development

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Flipper number 4, the upper right? Yeah that is definitely a nuisance as a shot blocker.

Rob

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Flipper number 4, the upper right? Yeah that is definitely a nuisance as a shot blocker.
Rob

It's hard to tell just from the layout above.
Makes it look like the shots from flipper 3 are awkward as well which I'm sure they will not be.
But it would be annoying if even the flipper returning to base would knock shots down.

#43 9 years ago

I'm going to go with Dennis Nordman over "I think that flipper is in the wrong place" personally.

#44 9 years ago

Also, I reeeeaaally hope then consider making the screen hole more interesting. That's honestly my biggest complaint about Full Throttle. The rectangular hole showing the screen looks really afterthought-y. Real turn off for me personally.

Find a way to shape the opening for the screen in a more interesting fashion. A decal under the plexi maybe. But make it feel like an organic part of the game, with a UI that matches. Would elevate the game so much more.

Or what if the screen hole was just cut into a rounded 4:3 rectangle, like an old CRT tube (what the Alien movie monitors were) and the monitor was mounted down a little below the playfield, at a slight angle towards the player, with the inside frame and edges of the playfield painted black? Maybe even use a lightly smoked piece of plexi for the window, so it was basically black when it was off.

Would be pretty cool to see the score and images almost floating in space below the playfield, pointed right up at your eyes.

#45 9 years ago

Is this inspiring or what...I told you all, Nordman's designs are fantastic, Just need the art and rules to match it.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Heighway Alien 05 09 14 Model (1... 300 KB

Nice varied layout. I like how one shot can lead to another in different ways from most recent games.

#47 9 years ago

Andrew,
I know what you said about the photo realistic art for the pf, but this is a big thing and Geiger was a major reason for the way this franchise looks..so if you can't use the Geiger inspired art perhaps you can use Alien symbology and skeleton like architecture...like the stuff in AVP temple walls. This game's art and look will be huge in how well it will go over. In any case the darker the better, the color palette needs to be blue greenish of course. Here is a few inspirations for you...GL

PS: The pops should be the sleeping pods from the original movie...that would be very cool.

Al..jpgAl..jpg ship-d4djf3g-789.jpgship-d4djf3g-789.jpg p3xnfyplpo3nyh9avmcn.jpgp3xnfyplpo3nyh9avmcn.jpg 20120108-165907.jpg20120108-165907.jpg
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

I appreciate the shot map drawn up this way.
-mof

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, I reeeeaaally hope then consider making the screen hole more interesting. That's honestly my biggest complaint about Full Throttle. The rectangular hole showing the screen looks really afterthought-y. Real turn off for me personally.
Find a way to shape the opening for the screen in a more interesting fashion. A decal under the plexi maybe. But make it feel like an organic part of the game, with a UI that matches. Would elevate the game so much more.
Or what if the screen hole was just cut into a rounded 4:3 rectangle, like an old CRT tube (what the Alien movie monitors were) and the monitor was mounted down a little below the playfield, at a slight angle towards the player, with the inside frame and edges of the playfield painted black? Maybe even use a lightly smoked piece of plexi for the window, so it was basically black when it was off.
Would be pretty cool to see the score and images almost floating in space below the playfield, pointed right up at your eyes.

Please listen to Aurich!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.