• 24,632 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG
IMG_0174 (resized).JPG
8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
alien 426 (resized).jpg
74D4BC05-58B7-4918-940B-37C99FAB6017 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 493.
#12551 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, first off, that's a little creepy that you're researching old unrelated posts of mine to dredge up in this thread.
Regardless, to show that despite that quote, I am completely consistent, last year when Gerry announced they're nearing production, I requested to be at the end of the line. Even on something I've been bought into for years, I still don't want to be first.
Quote that...

LOL at attacking someone who literally reads that person's posts. The irony............ And ad hominem attacks are weak.

FWIW you aren't being "completely consistent". Look at the context with Pinstein's original statement that you quoted and your first words.

Quoted from Pinstein:

I would definitely wait to buy one until they are physically available.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Totally agreed...

Astropin has a point when he finds in one thread that you have no problem buying early in a new production, yet in another thread you "totally agree" with waiting until later to buy. Your subsequent notion of getting a later production unit is tangential and irrelevant (non-sequitor) to the context of the posts and the point Astropin made.

It sounds like you maybe never meant to literally "totally agree" with Pinstein. But as presented, Astropin's feedback had merit.
'
'
'

Ad hominem attacks and calling a member creepy for using historical information and examples is becoming a favorite diversionary tactic by some on pinside.

#12552 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Gotcha, for early purchases with the price being $300 less it's basically right at your price point for the LE (minus the glass and display). Very valid point on the wait though.

Yeah believe it's a $400 price difference, but i suck at math So $300-$400 (depending on your math) for special artwork, gloss cabinet and green trim

#12553 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Ad hominem attacks

no news cat fight bump...

a fight (resized).png

#12554 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Heighway uses monitors for commercial use (not consumer monitors).

What's the actual brand then...since you are so certain? What if someone wants to look up it's actual specs, etc?

Without a verifiable manufacturer one might figure they simply got a deal on a bulk order of no-name "commercial" screens?

Not a big issue but it's been asked before and never answered.

#12555 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Care to explain this nonsense?

Quoted from Whysnow:

poorly delivered humor would be more accurate. Many things dont come across in text.

It was probably a reference to this:

i-for-one-welcome-our-new-insect-overlords (resized).jpg

#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

What's the actual brand then...since you are so certain? What if someone wants to look up it's actual specs, etc?
Without a verifiable manufacturer one might figure they simply got a deal on a bulk order of no-name "commercial" screens?
Not a big issue but it's been asked before and never answered.

I would guess Wells Gardner, thats kind of the industry standard.

#12557 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Did you save money doing that? I assumed the LE would have been the better deal than buying all the upgrades.

Quoted from chrisnack:

LE isn't a deal in any way as I'm aware. If you add things up, it's the same cost I believe. You are just getting the special artwork and goody bag. None of which i care about.

Strange.
In the UK the cost of the LE is £6650 ($8297)
The SE with all the LE bits added (minus the artwork of course) is £6825 ($8516) so the LE is the way to go if you want all the extras.
Both the above prices do not include the 27" backbox screen which is +£500 ($624).
* Conversion was using todays exchange rate.

#12558 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I would guess Wells Gardner, thats kind of the industry standard.

I wouldn't guess though... otherwise HP would have stated that when they were asked the question a while ago.

#12559 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

It was probably a reference to this:

My bad, I forgot that Whysnow prefers that anything posted in jest be plastered with "sarcasm" emojis to remove any potential comedic value.

#12560 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryno:

Strange.
In the UK the cost of the LE is £6650 ($8297)
The SE with all the LE bits added (minus the artwork of course) is £6825 ($8516) so the LE is the way to go if you want all the extras.
Both the above prices do not include the 27" backbox screen which is +£500 ($624).
* Conversion was using todays exchange rate.

Here are the totals in USD

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.10.50 PM (resized).png

#12561 2 years ago

Man, 24 new posts, I thought Heighway showed up. Nope .

#12562 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, 24 new posts, I thought Heighway showed up. Nope .

lol.....we are going to keep posting until something happens!!!

and then we are going to keep posting.

#12563 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL at attacking someone who literally reads that person's posts. The irony............ And ad hominem attacks are weak.
FWIW you aren't being "completely consistent". Look at the context with Pinstein's original statement that you quoted and your first words.

Astropin has a point when he finds in one thread that you have no problem buying early in a new production, yet in another thread you "totally agree" with waiting until later to buy. Your subsequent notion of getting a later production unit is tangential and irrelevant (non-sequitor) to the context of the posts and the point Astropin made.
It sounds like you maybe never meant to literally "totally agree" with Pinstein. But as presented, Astropin's feedback had merit.
'
'
'
Ad hominem attacks and calling a member creepy for using historical information and examples is becoming a favorite diversionary tactic by some on pinside.

A lot has transpired in the industry since I put money down on the P3. I personally have gotten burned by Jpop, many others have gotten burned on other fronts, every manufacturer is putting out games with considerable issues early in the run, etc.

****Deleted the rest since I'm just not interested in internet word fights.****

#12564 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

A lot has transpired in the industry since I put money down on the P3. I personally have gotten burned by Jpop

I'll accept that answer.

#12565 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

no news cat fight bump...

normally I'm against fighting of any kind to resolve issues. But do enjoy a good girls cat fight with sound turned up, bump.

#12566 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I doubt Aurich is going to be creating new, unofficial art since he is employed by Heighway.

Yeah that wouldn't be a good look. Though just to be clear I'm not employed by Heighway, just a contract job. Still, wouldn't be professional.

#12567 2 years ago

30 posts and a couple pussy pics

#12568 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Really would like some updates on the LE status?! Been way too quiet for way too long, I know it's likely cause there is no update but this whole Fox approval thing has been going on way too long and why is it still even in this approval stage with games already shipping out! I don't want to raise too much of a fuss but that's a little concerning to still be trying to get an approval at this stage where full flipping games are shipping..... Oh well I'll go back to my first world problems.

Apologies for the radio silence.

We are in regular contact with FOX to have the final LE package approved. We are waiting on one particular high res asset from them - and that's all that is holding things up.

We are very aware of two major dates coming up soon - Alien Day, and the theatrical release of Alien Covenant. We are as keen as you all to release the artwork to you by at least one of these dates.

The preferred date would of course be the former, but we are still planning on beginning LE production at the end of the month.

The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle. We can literally have LE artwork printed within hours, and installed on machines, once we have final FOX approval.

So, the bottom line is that we are pushing hard on all fronts - whilst doing everything we need to do to significantly increase production numbers.

#12569 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle.

The fibre lighting on my Full Throttle LE is absolutely beautiful with great transitions between the various colors. This is a very impressive feature.

#12570 2 years ago

Apologies for the radio silence.
We are in regular contact with FOX to have the final LE package approved. We are waiting on one particular high res asset from them - and that's all that is holding things up.
We are very aware of two major dates coming up soon - Alien Day, and the theatrical release of Alien Covenant. We are as keen as you all to release the artwork to you by at least one of these dates.
The preferred date would of course be the former, but we are still planning on beginning LE production at the end of the month.
The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle. We can literally have LE artwork printed within hours, and installed on machines, once we have final FOX approval.
So, the bottom line is that we are pushing hard on all fronts - whilst doing everything we need to do to significantly increase production numbers.

Thanks for the update Andrew. The level of communication alone so far gets you my vote for manufacturer of the year. So looking forward to seeing the LE's roll down the line.

#12571 2 years ago

Nice update. The Le will be amazing!!! The summer will be great playing Alien!!!

#12572 2 years ago

...that bitch Mother told me to "Play better" tonight...

Also heard a funny bonus related callout - actually a couple I've heard tonight for the first time, and I've been playing this game almost non-stop for a couple weeks. I'm so excited for y'all to get your machines!

IMG_3401 (resized).JPG

#12573 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Not interested in the gloss black cabinet, powder coating, le plaque/goodie bag, LE art, and any other potential bonuses in getting the LE for the $280 difference?

I'd say maybe "prestige", however one measures that. Besides that you nailed the differences. Below is the math I used before ordering mine. Bear in mind that's pricing from HP not CT. I almost ordered the LE, but didn't want to wait the extra months.

20170406_224311.jpg

#12574 2 years ago

There isn't enough difference or incentive to pay in full for the LE until the artwork is finally done and released. And even then it may be clear why simply waiting for whenever the LE gets delivered is just good enough.

Either way, the ramp up in production has to start happening like you have said it would start to happen Andrew.

I'm excited to see the updates on the LE but I'm more excited to see significant shipments.

Bugs and code should get worked out and developed over time, so what's the point in rushing into this? Unless significant numbers start going out the door.

#12575 2 years ago

1mtzpd (resized).jpg

#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The display only functions if you route the game. And I for one applaud Heighway for taking an aggressive stand against the HUO obsession that has gripped this hobby in recent years.

Never mind.

#12577 2 years ago

The other thing here is that there are no major holdups to LE production with regards to artwork or the fibre lighting. We already drive the fibre lighting anyway, with hardware and software used on Full Throttle.

I just want to clarify this point as maybe I used the wrong wording. What I meant to say is that we have the fibre hardware system and software platform already - as it is currently used on Full Throttle. No development is needed for this to work - only coding. Fibre coding for Alien is NOT complete at this time but is currently one of our top two priorities - along with the LE artwork.

#12578 2 years ago

How many SE's will be shipping next week?

#12579 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How many SE's will be shipping next week?

...and out of those, how many to Norway?

#12580 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bugs and code should get worked out and developed over time, so what's the point in rushing into this? Unless significant numbers start going out the door.

Because some of us simply don't want to wait... we want to play pinball... on a new alien machine

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Because some of us simply don't want to wait... we want to play pinball... on a new alien machine

Yeah, what this guy said. I'll happily absorb any penalties of being an early adopter.

#12582 2 years ago

I do want to say that the Heighway team has been great to work with this week. They answered all my questions promptly regarding the machine and ordering process. Seems like a solid company and i'm looking forward to getting my machine.

#12583 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

we want to play pinball... on a new alien machine

Even Aliens want to play Alien pinball

IMG_1552 (resized).JPG

#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Too Funny!

Absolutely! Mini Mouth Cheats, though!

#12585 2 years ago

I've had a deposit on an Alien LE pinball machine for over 3 years now.

I'm very excited for the updates and the standard pins shipping out. Very good news.

What isn't so exciting are the continuous delays of "LE artwork approvals" and such. This has gone WAY beyond any sort of rational outcome and understanding.

How can we keep saying that we are "ramping up to a couple of hundred" a month every month for the last year, suspending all disbelief while it doesn't happen, and then just merrily roll along?

What is the real F ing answer? Trickling out 10 pins a month or 100 like was promised, again and again?

WTF

#12586 2 years ago

Are you sipping the corn whiskey tonight iceman44?!? Not condoning it..just wondering?!

#12587 2 years ago

I'll tell you what I think. Based on Andrew's presentation at TPF, they weren't really thrilled with the currently submitted LE artwork. They are re-working it, and once it's good enough, it will then be submitted to FOX. ...maybe they've submitted it already...but Andrew said they were waiting on hi-res assets, so I'm thinking they are still working on it.

...no idea why it's taken this long.

#12588 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you sipping the corn whiskey tonight iceman44?!? Not condoning it..just wondering?!

No i'm just getting tired of all the BS. And pinball in general.

I'm supposed to send 50% payment at the "week of manufacture". And the rest upon delivery.

#12589 2 years ago

Totally kidding..3 years is a long frikkin time. I hope it's all worth it in the end for you man! It's shaping up to be..but the LE bullshit has exhausted itself! Gotta believe it's because it's a lisenced game! Faakin FOX!

#12590 2 years ago

IMG_1207 (resized).PNG

#12591 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm supposed to send 50% payment at the "week of manufacture". And the rest upon delivery.

So, you still owe full price, minus $1k? If Andrew calls tomorrow and asks for the first $4k and next week for the second $4k are you prepared to pay? If so I'd advise you call Monday and make a payment in full. This gets you to the head of the LE line (behind only other pay in full peeps). If you wait for them to call for payment you're letting a lot of other people cut in line ahead of you.

#12592 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You didn't get the email saying they are now in production and your 50% deposit is now due?

#12593 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

You didn't get the email saying they are now in production and your 50% deposit is now due?

I've got the money for the rest in the bank waiting for the 50% payment email. I'd love to send the rest to them now, but it's a little hard when they aren't even making the LE's! I WANT to send them my money, but I just can't right now. Not until I see some LE's being made AND shipped. For now, I'm getting into Spring/Summer mode where I focus on other things instead of pinball.....makes the time go by faster.

Brian

#12594 2 years ago

Yes, patience is a virtue.

#12595 2 years ago

If I start to feel impatient and even a little angry all I have to do is watch this

possibly the coolest mode in all of pinball to date for me anyway and I haven't even played it, in darkness with good volume and I could see quality use of the ramp optics here, its going to be special.

#12596 2 years ago

Just my opinion, but I think these pinball manufacturers don't realize just how far telling the truth goes. People will forgive if you just let them in on the problem.
Lets's say they are short on money and need $200,000 to really get going. If they'd come out and say, "Hey, everything is alright with the company, but we need x amount of people to send in X amount of dollars so we can hire and get the line moving." Or, "We're still 3 months away from getting the ramp lights coded and tested.
Or, "Shit, Fox looked at the last artwork and said they didn't like the way the Queen was posed. They are sending us a pre-approved image and it will take 3 weeks to integrate and get printed."
Just keep everyone in the loop with the truth and they will bend over backwards for you. Look what happened to Dutch…a little lie and it came back to bite them in the ass.
Sorry for rambling….

#12597 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

ust my opinion, but I think these pinball manufacturers don't realize just how far telling the truth goes. People will forgive if you just let them in on the problem.

I agree 100%, I would much rather have the knowledge that we aren't going to see anything for a couple months rather than 25 posts and excitement only to see its nothing to get excited about, I know Andrew doesn't want people to back out with possible bad news but its works the other way too, people will start to pull there deposits and figure "I'll wait till to everything is moving along and things are right then get back in" I can't back out of a dream theme like this but anything else and I would have been gone a long time ago. Time to watch Tunnel Escape mode again.

#12598 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just bought two shirts with this on it..... in preparation.

#12599 2 years ago

Can you update the Venn diagram to "... not in UHD" please? It will then be perfect.

#12600 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

So, you still owe full price, minus $1k? If Andrew calls tomorrow and asks for the first $4k and next week for the second $4k are you prepared to pay? If so I'd advise you call Monday and make a payment in full. This gets you to the head of the LE line (behind only other pay in full peeps). If you wait for them to call for payment you're letting a lot of other people cut in line ahead of you.

I've waited this long. I can wait several more months.

I don't classify this as "production" of my pin

When I see the LE artwork package that's when I'll consider sending in funds. I'm sure they are busting their ass. It's great to see pins shipping

Right on with that post Ted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
There are 24632 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 493.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside