zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 601.
#19401 6 years ago

Good news for all open Alien-preorders: they put a cliffy around the scoop-hole in the production games!!!

Nevertheless I just ordered a pf-protector to be save around the pf-lcd. IMO this area could also cause trouble, when the lcd isn´t adjusted perfectly plain with the playfield. With four screws you can easily bring the lcd in a perfect position but I don´t know how long this adjustment lasts and don´t want to worry after a few matches, if everything is still ok. It can´t be wrong for other vulnerable ares, so I think it could be a value-saving decision.

file (resized).jpegfile (resized).jpeg

#19402 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Good news for all open Alien-preorders: they put a cliffy around the scoop-hole in the production games!!!

A Cliffy "Cliffy" or their own version?

#19403 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

A Cliffy "Cliffy" or their own version?

Ehh, it's just like saying Kleenex instead of tissue.

#19404 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

they put a cliffy around the scoop-hole

You and every le-buyer still in should know this only happened because the investers got very cheap money from Mafioso Draghi. It would be better for all of us if he dies today but when my table arrives I will play a game in his honor.

#19405 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

You and every le-buyer still in should know this only happened because the investers got very cheap money from Mafioso Draghi. It would be better for all of us if he dies today but when my table arrives I will play a game in his honor.

I dont understand this, but I'm still an early LE order without a game. Is this good news ?

#19406 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I dont understand this, but I'm still an early LE order without a game. Is this good news ?

He's complaining about the availability of cheap money (loans) and expansionary monetary policy.

Mario Draghi is the President of the European Central Bank.

The ultra low interest rates and quantitative easing measures are not particularly popular in Germany, and Draghi is a hate figure to some.

This is rather moot though, as we don't know if the new owners are funding all these losses and repayment of past debts and obligations with loans, and if they are, whether they've taken out loans locally in the UK (not the Eurozone & thus subject to the ECB) or externally in their own territories (Sweden & Norway also not €zone).

TLDR - political grievance being aired. Nothing to do with this really (interest rates are low virtually everywhere atm).

#19407 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

He's complaining about the availability of cheap money (loans) and expansionary monetary policy.
Mario Draghi is the President of the European Central Bank.
The ultra low interest rates and quantitative easing measures are not particularly popular in Germany, and Draghi is a hate figure to some.
This is rather moot though, as we don't know if the new owners are funding all these losses and repayment of past debts and obligations with loans, and if they are, whether they've taken out loans locally in the UK (not the Eurozone & thus subject to the ECB) or externally in their own territories.
TLDR - political grievance being aired. Nothing to do with this really.

Thanks for the explanation....truly not in tune to that, unfortunately....

#19408 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Ehh, it's just like saying Kleenex instead of tissue.

It’s not! See the Dialed In thread for non-Cliffs Cliffys and why they kinda suck!

#19409 6 years ago

new service bulletin from Heighway on Facebook and web regarding ports on the MPU

AlienCPUConnectors.pdfAlienCPUConnectors.pdf

#19410 6 years ago

I'ts funny that the LE's are supposedly in production and this thread is quiet as a mouse.

I assume no one is being contacted by Heighway about their games being built either.

This company knows how to suck the excitement out of a purchase. Cmon man!

#19411 6 years ago

Maybe they wanted to ensure everybody is set up the same or knows how to adjust the cables because they are planning to drop the code upgrade soon. ::kissing my four leaf clover:

#19412 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

they are planning to drop the code upgrade soon.

Be glad you are not stuck on version 0.94. I really am getting tired of hearing "Not bad, for a human" after EVERY game.

#19413 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'ts funny that the LE's are supposedly in production and this thread is quiet as a mouse.
I assume no one is being contacted by Heighway about their games being built either.
This company knows how to suck the excitement out of a purchase. Cmon man!

Not only in production but also deliverd, nr85 is here with me ‍♂️

#19414 6 years ago

Nr 345 was delivered yesterday. Everything runs smoothly except a quite loud cooling fan of the illuminated side art, missing lights of the backbox sideart and also the beacons make some crazy noise. I'm already in contact with my distributer to solve the issues. Further I've to mention that it was delivered without shaker and the promised goodie bag. I guess this will be given later.

Software Version is 1.02, looking forward when 1.1 is launched.

Happy to answer any question you might have.

All the best
Markus

IMG_0845 (resized).jpgIMG_0845 (resized).jpg

#19415 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

Nr 345 was delivered yesterday. Everything runs smoothly except a quite loud cooling fan of the illuminated side art, missing lights of the backbox sideart and also the beacons make some crazy noise. I'm already in contact with my distributer to solve the issues. Further I've to mention that it was delivered without shaker and the promised goodie bag. I guess this will be given later.
All the best
Markus

I'd strongly suggest not running a shaker.

#19416 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

missing lights of the backbox sideart

Try turning your brightness down in settings. There is a bug where the lights will not work if it is turned all the way up

#19417 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

All the best
Markus

Beacons probably need more grease applied. Buy red sticky and you should be good. Happened to mine. Super quiet again. Looks awesome!

#19418 6 years ago

looking for my le. hopefully soon.

#19419 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Try turning your brightness down in settings. There is a bug where the lights will not work if it is turned all the way up

-> Thanks a lot for that hint, now it's lighting

Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd strongly suggest not running a shaker.

-> may I ask why you strongly suggest not running a shaker

Quoted from delt31:

Beacons probably need more grease applied. Buy red sticky and you should be good. Happened to mine. Super quiet again. Looks awesome!

-> do anybody knows whats red sticky's alternative in Europe and where I should put it in?

Just had a few games on it. After the first game the Airlock didn't recognized the ball. Just a restart helped. Is this something what occurs from time to time?

Thanks a lot
Markus

#19420 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I learned this as well. Had the same "issue". Oh the glory days

#19421 6 years ago

Random game restarts happen when using a shaker. At a minimum the intensity has to be dialed back and then results have been varied.

#19422 6 years ago
Quoted from maximum:

-> Thanks a lot for that hint, now it's lighting

-> may I ask why you strongly suggest not running a shaker

-> do anybody knows whats red sticky's alternative in Europe and where I should put it in?
Just had a few games on it. After the first game the Airlock didn't recognized the ball. Just a restart helped. Is this something what occurs from time to time?
Thanks a lot
Markus

Board problems, wiring / connector problems.

The in-pf LCD attachment method is still less than ideal, and has repeatedly been reported to loosen, resulting in damage.

Also if they're still using the same strongest type of CoinTaker shakers, it shook FThs to shit, even with a hardware mod to reduce strength by ~50%.

Oh, and if your ball launch wireform is one of the ones that touches the glass, repeated shaking and vibration isn't a fantastic idea.

#19423 6 years ago

LE #070 has arrived.

01871930-E545-4159-AC21-14028CB16DB5 (resized).jpeg01871930-E545-4159-AC21-14028CB16DB5 (resized).jpeg

#19424 6 years ago

From Heighway Facebook
Alien Software Update 1.1 is here!

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/documents/

9C238781-CA13-430E-8018-5288A1633D83 (resized).jpeg9C238781-CA13-430E-8018-5288A1633D83 (resized).jpeg

#19425 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

LE #070 has arrived.

Are you sure it is LE #070? Why does it say SE-0118 on the box?

QSS

#19426 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Are you sure it is LE #070? Why does it say SE-0118 on the box?

Thats serial # I believe the Model might say LE but its obscured by the sticker.

#19427 6 years ago

Wow
The New software is awesome, The Heighway Team sure delivered!
Love the new sounds and lighting effects!!

Best part, the Light Flickering Issue has improved drastically on my Machine, so I am hopeful the update will improve everyone elses.

Here are some brand new Videos with this update

Game sure is getting better and better!!

#19428 6 years ago

holy ____!!! awesome! Can't wait to try it!

#19429 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Game sure is getting better and better!!

Holy Shit, thats amazing. I'm holding off still on this game till I feel a bit more confident in the build and reliabilty issues, however its taking all my inner strength to not order one. "I sense failure is imminent" and I did say that to myself just now in full robot.

23795094_10156015600318631_4159820482352372136_n (resized).jpg23795094_10156015600318631_4159820482352372136_n (resized).jpg

#19430 6 years ago

Must....not...watch those videos.

I've been avoiding all the recent streams featuring new code. I don't want to spoil the surprise when I am finally able to upgrade from version 0.94. From what I've seen in the various read-me's - there's a TON of updates to look forward to.

#19431 6 years ago

1.1 is a huge update.

#19432 6 years ago

That upper left ramp looks like a challenging shot.

On some of those modes with every insert flashing, how do you know what to shoot for?

#19433 6 years ago

holy shit those videos are great. The sound is amazing on this game.

1 question for you Join_The_Cirqus . under your flippers, isnt it supposed to be black inserts/ covers? yours look different.
also i say you hit the xeno and the tongue come out when no ball was magnetized in, is that intended or did the mag just not catch the ball?

I cant wait till LE start shipping to the US

-Jeff

#19434 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Holy Shit, thats amazing. I'm holding off still on this game till I feel a bit more confident in the build and reliabilty issues, however its taking all my inner strength to not order one.

Agreed.

I only got a couple games in at a show this year and despite barely being able to hear the game I still thought it was a lot of fun. And that was on early code. In the home environment, this thing looks like it's going to be a beast.

Keep it up Heighway!

#19435 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

holy shit those videos are great. The sound is amazing on this game.
1 question for you join_the_cirqus . under your flippers, isnt it supposed to be black inserts/ covers? yours look different.
also i say you hit the xeno and the tongue come out when no ball was magnetized in, is that intended or did the mag just not catch the ball?
I cant wait till LE start shipping to the US
-Jeff

Under the Flippers is Black

Thanks, for the kind words on the videos..

I’ll have to review, but i had just waxed the game, so the ball may have been going a bit too fast to catch.

5DEB3C16-702A-40F4-8AC8-CFF6E15D620E (resized).jpeg5DEB3C16-702A-40F4-8AC8-CFF6E15D620E (resized).jpeg

#19436 6 years ago

I'm the same way about the new code - must....not.....watch.....until I get home!

#19437 6 years ago

Newt Multiball! Sweet Nice vids

#19438 6 years ago

Okay - so I know this is trivial, but I gotta know. When you lose your last ball, does it ever say "game over man! Game over!"?

#19439 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Okay - so I know this is trivial, but I gotta know. When you lose your last ball, does it ever say "game over man! Game over!"?

No not everytime

#19440 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No not everytime

So it says it sometimes?

Yes!

#19441 6 years ago

I’m following the heighway instructions but I can’t get the update to load. Any trick to this not mentioned in the instructions? I have he newer computer and it’s currently on 1.02.

#19442 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Thanks, for the kind words on the videos..

no offense to the guys out there who make videos but I much prefer to simply see the game in action without a lot of talk in fact none at all is my preference so thanks, is that the stock bass speaker or do you have a sub hooked up?

#19443 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No not everytime

Thats a good thing I think, need variety. How is ur gaming playing now? Man after that video I'm weakening by the minute.

#19444 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I’m following the heighway instructions but I can’t get the update to load. Any trick to this not mentioned in the instructions? I have he newer computer and it’s currently on 1.02.

I have a mac I had to put the mac download on my desktop then open that and only put the hap11.upd on a formatted usb fat 32 GUID partition.

#19445 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

no offense to the guys out there who make videos but I much prefer to simply see the game in action without a lot of talk in fact none at all is my preference so thanks, is that the stock bass speaker or do you have a sub hooked up?

I agree with you
Let the game speak for itself

I have a Polk PSW10 wired directly to the Subwoofer Speaker Terminals

#19446 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Try downloading again clean, I had a bad download or unzip or something and it wouldn't update till I just started over.

#19447 6 years ago

Alien le won't boot

What to do now

IMG_20180111_200451 (resized).jpgIMG_20180111_200451 (resized).jpg

#19448 6 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Alien le won't boot
What to do now

Would probably help if you took a photo where the text on the (stopped) boot screen was legible.

It might give clues as to what's wrong.

#19449 6 years ago

Hope its better

IMG_20180111_203220 (resized).jpgIMG_20180111_203220 (resized).jpg

#19450 6 years ago

boot (resized).jpgboot (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/389 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.