zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 601.
#21101 5 years ago

I've moved on. And yes, I'm going to post this pic everywhere.

EA.jpgEA.jpg

#21102 5 years ago

Such a bummer to hear this news. I played the game two years ago at TPF. Had a lot of fun. Alien is such a great theme. Andrew was in attendance and held a seminar. He made it sound as if he was ready to go. He insisted that he just needed to get some art approved for the translight. Ended up being all lies. I hope people owned monies get something back.

#21103 5 years ago

Happy Alien Day! I was hoping the investors would've made an official announcement but no, the story leaked. Yes the doors are closed and no one is employed at Heighway Pinball anymore. The company is done. Quite frankly, I would've plugged the plug a year ago. But at least some people got their games.

If it makes you feel any better, the investors were bullshitted by Andrew just as much as you guys were and they too fell for it hook, line and sinker. And those guys lost a serious amount of money. Ouch.

I lost my job but whatever, I can get another one.

#21104 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Happy Alien Day! I was hoping the investors would've made an official announcement but no, the story leaked. Yes the doors are closed and no one is employed at Heighway Pinball anymore. The company is done. Quite frankly, I would've plugged the plug a year ago. But at least some people got their games.
If it makes you feel any better, the investors were bullshitted by Andrew just as much as you guys were and they too fell for it hook, line and sinker. And those guys lost a serious amount of money. Ouch.

Commiserations, hope you are able to find alternative employment quickly.

Are you able to say whether or not there was a container of Alien LEs "ready to ship" to Cointaker?

#21105 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Ouch.

Indeed Ouch!

Good luck to youself and any other ex employees in finding new employment

Special shout to Morgan who I personally gave loads of grief to in my efforts obtaining a refund.

Hope you all go on to better things

#21106 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Indeed Ouch!
Special shout to Morgan who I personally gave loads of grief to in my efforts obtaining a refund.

#21107 5 years ago

Wow, everyone in this loses.

Money down and no game? Loss.

Received a game but now have no manufacturer support? Loss.

Sorry guys. This is obviously the worst possible outcome. Watching this mess of lies and deception unfold has been like watching a slow motion wreck. SUCKS!

#21108 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Sorry to hear that, and hope you'll find a new job soon...
Not going to write anything about Andrew, or I would have to moderate my own post.

#21109 5 years ago

This is bad news and really sad for everyone who lost money but if everyone stops handing over hard earned cash for products unproven/not made yet, this situation wouldn't happen.

All you are buying is a promise. Makes no sense whatsoever. This is not the first time it has happened but how about we make it the last?

#21110 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Happy Alien Day!

oh boy. what a coincidence.

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I was hoping the investors would've made an official announcement but no

Why change what (didn't) work for them and start communicating now? That never helped things.

#21111 5 years ago

Hopefully the schematics for the light boards and other proprietary boards can be sold to some involved involved in pinball. If the latest boards are solid then maybe they can still be ordered from whoever is making them. Who knows how many are on hand as well from existing stock. There's a good chance that someone may just buy the entire stock of parts that are leftover.

#21112 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

oh boy. what a coincidence.

Why change what (didn't) work for them and start communicating now? That never helped things.

Exactly.

As much as I'd like to sympathise with the new investors (someone else on here said they were the old/original investors, involved during the Andrew days), they haven't exactly acquitted themselves very well either. Barely any communication, negligible and inconsistent customer service, no apparent desire to make good on liabilities (orders placed prior to them coming on board) and a complete breakdown in a business relationship with their own US distributor.

Andrew may have been a fraud, but the best you can say about the new investors is that they are incompetent (in either due diligence before getting involved, running a business, or both)

#21113 5 years ago

So I'm dreaming here, and I don't know how administrative receivership works in the UK (if that's what they're in), but as a paid in full to HP on LE#16 I'd be happy with just getting a game as part of their debt to me. They were obviously in production based on the recent shipments in Europe. If there is a container that was meant for CT, and all/most of those people got refunded from CT maybe those of us that can't get a refund can get one of those games?

I funded a kickstarter for a really nice $5k 3D printer years ago and after they had all the money they couldn't produce the product in the quantities needed and the kickstarter "failed". So I just emailed them and said I'd take one of their prototypes and call it even. They jumped at the chance to eliminate debt, I got a NICE 3D printer (I'm looking at it right now) and everyone was happy.

I realize that's probably not going to happen here but I can dream.......... I can handle the maintenance, it has a COTS CPU and everything else can be reverse engineered. The owner of the brewery where I have an arcade does custom circuit board design at his pre-brewery day job. I've shown him some Stern Spike boards and he said they'd be easy to reverse engineer if the chips were available. I haven't seen any of the Alien boards but if the chips are available, its feasible.

Bummer to be out close to $9k but life moves on.

#21114 5 years ago

Ferret will you be able to release latest code update soon? That would button up loose ends and make most people current.

#21115 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ferret will you be able to release latest code update soon? That would button up loose ends and make most people current.

Ferret and I have been in communication with the owners, and we believe that we'll be able to release 1.2 very soon. We're trying to get everything in there that we want while we still can.

#21116 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Indeed Ouch!

Thanks. We had a great team, we all tried our best to make this work but when the money pot runs dry.....it's hopeless.

Farewell to the Heighway Pinball team:

HP Team (resized).jpgHP Team (resized).jpg

#21117 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Commiserations, hope you are able to find alternative employment quickly.
Are you able to say whether or not there was a container of Alien LEs "ready to ship" to Cointaker?

The last machines I saw packed and ready to ship to the USA were for Aurich and Kelly. AFAIK, there is no container.

However, not all is lost. But I'll let the investors make their announcement.

#21118 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

AFAIK, there is no container.

Hearing stuff like that, the "you can have a green LE", makes it impossible to feel sympathy for the investors. They can blame Andrew all they want, but those choices were on them.

#21119 5 years ago

The Heighway Facebook page is currently down.

#21120 5 years ago

I’d be curious how many games could be made right now from the remaining parts and play fields and cabinets? if Less than 40 the investors shouldn’t get a penny from the liquidation for their fraud. Best wishes to the employees and remote contractors you really made a hell of a game!

#21121 5 years ago

To paraphrase Charles Montgomery Burns; It should be the goal of all of us to see to it that Andrew Heighway's life dreams go UNFULFILLED.

I apologize for using the technique of one of the Heighway fanboys who CAPITALIZES a single word in a post to make it believable. Did he ever get his free replacement machine?

#21122 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hearing stuff like that, the "you can have a green LE", makes it impossible to feel sympathy for the investors. They can blame Andrew all they want, but those choices were on them.

I agree.

That email was a really bad omen, especially as the same email went to several people just on here, let alone how many others, and was filled with non-commital language. It should have been clear to anyone at that point that there was real capitalisation problems.

It's a real shame for ground floor employees, who are completely blameless. Hope you guys had enough notice internally that this was coming down the pipe.

#21123 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I honestly never watched this movie. Can somebody tell me who won?

It wasn’t the audience I can tell you that much.

#21124 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not going to write anything about Andrew, or I would have to moderate my own post.

I know this is sort of meant to be a joke, but I have to admit that this perspective of not calling a spade a spade or raising red flags here on Pinside is utter bullshit. At this point, Andrew Heighway deserves to be called out as the lying piece of shit con artist that he is without a lick of moderation...and he deserved to be called that years ago. Yet Pinside protected him...

I get that you guys have to make tough decisions and just want everyone to get along drama-free, but it is still pretty eye-opening that people were moderated, suspended, or ejected back when they were trying to show that there were red flags about Andrew and his business history, yet people like Hilton were allowed to continue preaching on with unsubstantiated claims about how everything was just fine and Andrew needed to be supported.

This situation absolutely sucks and I truly feel for the employees that were victimized by this as much as the customers. But I think with this being the third company to go down in flames after conning people out of tens of thousands of dollars, Pinside needs to reconsider its approach to people that are raising legitimate concerns about these companies and allow them to ask the hard questions.

If the company has nothing to hide, then they should be able to defend themselves.

#21125 5 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I know this is sort of meant to be a joke, but I have to admit that this perspective of not calling a spade a spade or raising red flags here on Pinside is utter bullshit. At this point, Andrew Heighway deserves to be called out as the lying piece of shit con artist that he is without a lick of moderation...and he deserved to be called that years ago. Yet Pinside protected him...
I get that you guys have to make tough decisions and just want everyone to get along drama-free, but it is still pretty eye-opening that people were moderated, suspended, or ejected back when they were trying to show that there were red flags about Andrew and his business history, yet people like Hilton were allowed to continue preaching on with unsubstantiated claims about how everything was just fine and Andrew needed to be supported.
This situation absolutely sucks and I truly feel for the employees that were victimized by this as much as the customers. But I think with this being the third company to go down in flames after conning people out of tens of thousands of dollars, Pinside needs to reconsider its approach to people that are raising legitimate concerns about these companies and allow them to ask the hard questions.
If the company has nothing to hide, then they should be able to defend themselves.

Agreed. I've been moderated several times for this. Once for calling Andrew exactly that. I also love the instant tattle-tales whenever I called out a certain fan-boy who, once again caused people to lose money.

#21126 5 years ago

Where's whysnow?

#21127 5 years ago

I'm glad I got out of my LE when I could. I had a deposit direct with them. When all the stuff with Andrew came to light I did a chargeback on my CC, after trying to contact Highway about it, and got my money back.

#21129 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The last machines I saw packed and ready to ship to the USA were for Aurich and Kelly. AFAIK, there is no container.
However, not all is lost. But I'll let the investors make their announcement.

That last line is interesting isnt it, pretty obvious whats happened here and Im not going to be happy, and i wont be the only one

#21130 5 years ago

I knew they should have put her in charge.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#21131 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

That last line is interesting isnt it, pretty obvious whats happened here and Im not going to be happy, and i wont be the only one

Just wondering are you an ex-employee?

#21132 5 years ago

Well hopefully Stern sees the potential with this license and we get a Alien pin at some point, Predator aswell or even Alien vs Predator but still a shame as the game looks great. There is one positive that has come from these failures at least for me and thats the pre pay model and dealing with unproven boutiques pin companies is dead.

#21133 5 years ago

With a bit of luck they may have sold a machine to a murderous gang of spice dealing nutters who are probably on their way for a 'polite chat' as we speak.

#21134 5 years ago

I agree the "Pinside Defense Force" needs to stop. People should be allowed to be negative. It's like those signs in the subway "If you see something, say something"

I was chastised by a moderator for dumping on Skit B back in the day, guess who was right? And over in the Alice Cooper thread someone was just moderated for suggesting the game might have issues (which I assure you it does).

Why it is only acceptable to bash Stern, the company most likely to get you a game on time and not steal your money?

#21135 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There is one positive that has come from these failures at least for me and thats the pre pay model and dealing with unproven boutiques pin companies is dead

I've been posting on this site for about 3 years, lurking for 1-2 before that. I've read this statement almost on an annual basis. I can almost guarantee someone new will come along with an even brighter, SHINIER pinball of some dream theme, and people's memories will be erased.

Groundhog Day, Men in Black... I don't know. I don't even have a witty picture for this one.

#21136 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Why it is only acceptable to bash Stern, the company most likely to get you a game on time and not steal your money?

Ben u are quite right sir, I have been moderated for JJP, Spooky and even once with Predator but Stern? you can say whatever you want. I guess that comes with being the best all around.

#21137 5 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Just wondering are you an ex-employee?

No, was one of the first investors, unfortunately. Tried to have a positive influence but failed in just about every way.

Been a steep learning curve as I was used to running my own business and having a proper say in things, this just brought home to me very fast that 'minor' investors (But not minor enough it doesnt sting a bit) can say what they like but at the end of the day just have to sit there watching it crash and burn, while also occasionally being offered the 'privilege' to bail it out financially when the mistakes you had warned about came to fruition.

Like banging your head against the wall day in day out, and now those early investors have probably been screwed, along with various other creditors I would guess - but, to be fair 'maybe' not the customers judging by that hint I just quoted and all the other evidence I see around, hopefully something might get sorted on that front at least.

Leaves a very bitter taste this whole sorry saga

#21138 5 years ago

this old post seems rather hollow now. Who exactly were these experienced investors, cos they seem far from it?

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/06/04/andrew-heighway-steps-down-from-heighway-pinball/

#21139 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

No, was one of the first investors, unfortunately. Tried to have a positive influence but failed in just about every way.
Been a steep learning curve as I was used to running my own business and having a proper say in things, this just brought home to me very fast that 'minor' investors (But not minor enough it doesnt sting a bit) can say what they like but at the end of the day just have to sit there watching it crash and burn, while also occasionally being offered the 'privilege' to bail it out financially when the mistakes you had warned about came to fruition.
Like banging your head against the wall day in day out, and now those early investors have probably been screwed, along with various other creditors I would guess - but, to be fair 'maybe' not the customers judging by that hint I just quoted and all the other evidence I see around, hopefully something might get sorted on that front at least.
Leaves a very bitter taste this whole sorry saga

Since a liquidation partner is involved, they're surely not going to let assets start walking out the door to unsecured creditors? SLAMT1LT commented earlier that the premises are locked up and all staff dismissed.

It sucks of course, but customers are almost always at the back of the queue when it comes to this stuff.

Guess we'll see how it plays out.

#21140 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I've been posting on this site for about 3 years, lurking for 1-2 before that. I've read this statement almost on an annual basis. I can almost guarantee someone will come along with an even shinier pinball of some dream theme, and people's memories will be erased.

Groundhog Day, Men in Black... I don't know. I don't even have a witty picture for this one.

Normally I would agree with you and I can only speak for myself but its not an option anymore, I'm over it 100%. Then again I've settled into a different mentality regarding pinball all together, no longer need the latest and greatest right away, I'll never buy an LE again. I've lost interest in the 90's DMD's and really all the older stuff. It took a good 7 years but I'm very happy with where I am with this hobby.

#21141 5 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/04/26/heighway-pinball-faces-liquidation/

also useful article - yes why liquidation rather than administration - it usually means the business is a basket case. It will be interesting to see what the current owners try to do. They have pumped in £100,000's - so are the biggest losers. Are they going to walk away and write ot off, or will they try to wring the last penny out of any remaining assets (licence, stock, part built machines, and Game knowledge/IP) ?

#21142 5 years ago

So my guess is the 5 newest salesmen, i mean investors are going to "save the day" and announce that all is not lost! Stick with them people .. send them your money directly and they will make sure you guys get the pins! Yikes! Fan boys will agree and help convince others that this is the best way to finally receive a pin. Can't wait to see what the big announcement Is!

#21143 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

AFAIK, there is no container.

*world's biggest record scratch*

HFS. Totally ridiculous.

Hopefully, we can get over the biggest case of Stockholm syndrome I've ever seen in this community.

Alien is now the DeLorean of pinball. Some inventory made it out, and the parent company folds, leaving Alien an "orphan machine".

DMC is now HQ'd in Texas with a private entrepreneur having bought all the rights to it, and the DeLorean has enjoyed quite a rejuvenated reputation through pure nostalgia.

Will Alien make it that far....?

I dunno, but I do know IMDN Premium is going to look amazing where Alien should have sat.

#21144 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

announce that all is not lost!

I suppose someone can buy the IP and stock and parts and whatever else for pennies on the dollar, and then try to ramp up producing machines again.

There IS a finished game that exists (2 actually, and maybe others). This isn't a jpop diorama of a non-functioning game. People who have "working" Aliens really enjoy them. So... who knows.

#21145 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Since a liquidation partner is involved, they're surely not going to let assets start walking out the door to unsecured creditors? SLAMT1LT commented earlier that the premises are locked up and all staff dismissed.
It sucks of course, but customers are almost always at the back of the queue when it comes to this stuff.
Guess we'll see how it plays out.

But, completely hypothetically of course, what if those new directors sold the ip / Heighway tech to another company, say for instance if they maybe already had one set up ready since say, hypothetically again, last summer?

And then , hypothetically, liquidated the company to lose minor investors and other 'less critical' creditors who werent key to restarting the whole process again - those sort or creditors would be unlikely to be customers as without some goodwill there is no future business.

All completely hypothetical of course and completely my own unfounded opinion in case anyone decides to be silly and go legal for no good reason

#21146 5 years ago

I saw this one coming....long time ago. I was actually hoping to be wrong.

#21147 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

But, completely hypothetically of course, what if those new directors sold the ip / Heighway tech to another company, say for instance if they maybe already had one set up ready since say, hypothetically again, last summer?
And then , hypothetically, liquidated the company to lose minor investors and other 'less critical' creditors who werent key to restarting the whole process again - those sort or creditors would be unlikely to be customers as without some goodwill there is no future business.
All completely hypothetical of course and completely my own unfounded opinion in case anyone decides to be silly and go legal for no good reason

Woah!

#21148 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I saw this one coming....long time ago. I was actually hoping to be wrong.

This is your first and only comment in this entire thread and you claim you saw all of this coming long ago. Sorry but I have experienced this kind of bragging at other peoples expense before on Pinside.

I will caution other people to be mindful of what they say here.

#21149 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

Like this pinball brothers company?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/filing-history

#21150 5 years ago

Name's associated sound familiar

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 423 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/423 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.