zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 601.
#21251 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Reliable IMO but secondhand information, I'm told he still monitors this thread even recently. And his Pinside account appears to be active.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/andrewh

Last seen Dec 17th. So he hasnt logged in since then.
Kudos to CoinTaker and Melissa for saving the headache for many. Glad a little bird called her, (assuming, but huge coincidence). IMO

Despite this news the past week. Im still seeing some denial. Theres no more Aliens guys, its dead. HW 2.0, doughtful. Container of pins, doughtful.
Creditors and money owed, insolvency, Yes.
Many bills to be paid. If there is any machines, parts, assembly line equipment....auction to pay depts.
British law would charge new company if it can be proven assets were removed under questable means. They dont mess around with this lightly over there.

#21252 5 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

All I'm saying is that maybe when someone calls bullshit on something and raises a red flag, regardless of whether it's a prediction or is blatant fact, we all just need to stop and think about it for a moment. Could it be possible? It's so easy to want to be an optimist about this stuff and only see, read, or believe what you really want to believe and not face the actual truth of what could be happening. We have seen time and again how these companies will lie right to your face to keep the train from going off the rails sooner.

See I think a big part of this perception problem is how people force how they read things to be "if you aren't with me, you're against me!" mindset. Thus... the finer shades of grey are all forced into being one of the two extremes. Someone posts good point 1, but bad point 2... you counter/debunk point 2, and people just think you're against everything they said.

Like in the example of 'man has history of a alot of companies'. True! But that fact being true, doesn't mean everything you say from that point going forward is equally true

Add people's personal choices and money into the mix... and people get even more defensive.

#21253 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Reliable IMO but secondhand information, I'm told he still monitors this thread even recently. And his Pinside account appears to be active.
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/andrewh

I'd be more interested in the reporters covering him would read it I know I pointed that one Aussie reporter to it. Maybe we need to pump up our SEO

#21254 5 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yeah I recall some of them coming forward with cryptic information. Like you said, the signs have been there for a while.

I think that's one issue. People may be too scared to bring concrete details due to legal threats, but then more vague statements end up sounding like the kind of baseless speculation that we all love to engage in here. Or worse, people with legitimate inside info are mistaken for cranks pretending to know things that they do not, which are also seen on Pinside from time to time.

#21255 5 years ago

I don't really understand why the debate about shill accounts is still going on. Definitely get rid of them. People are free to post up that information using real accounts, and then if it gets deleted post complaints about that. Pretty much all leaked info goes on other websites as well and ends up being discussed on Pinside without moderation anyway, so getting rid of shill accounts hasn't affected the dissemination of information (good and bad). Regardless of the shill info, there was tons and tons of other information here to show big red flags.

The main issue is how this place has allowed an "alternate" universe to spring up with these Pinball manufacturers again and again. Most any negative information and posts here were shouted down on Pinside for years by fanboys allowed to broken record shill, attack and obscure. The inmates were in charge of the asylum so to speak. All sorts of people also took it upon themselves to speak on behalf of the company. Without a standard explicit caveat, those types of posts should be moderated in the future (but obviously have not been in the past).

That's three pinball companies in the last few years now that were allowed to flourish on Pinside with fanboys, and who've taken money away from the hobby in the seven figure range, leaving buyers with little or nothing (I use the term "companies" loosely, sigh). Meanwhile the two biggest pinball manufacturers out there won't touch Pinside with a 10 foot pole. That should tell you something about Pinside.

I'd really like to see better being done for the hobby and fellow pinball enthusiasts.

#21256 5 years ago

Statement From Andrew Heighway

I am truly sorry to hear about the turn of events announced today.

In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.

Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.

There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.

This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.

Andrew Heighway

#21257 5 years ago

So is Alien going to be at Allentown?

#21258 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

...There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity....

really dude? GFY! or better yet, come to the states, lets have a beer! NOT!!!

#21259 5 years ago

Andrew, I’m glad that you have been following everything, and your well wishes I’m sure are appreciated, but I might steer clear for awhile if I was you.

#21260 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

a group of investors

So pinball is an investment after all.

#21261 5 years ago

I just hope people who have money in get their money back!

#21262 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

In June 2017 I sold my controlling stake in Heighway Pinball Limited – including its commitments and liabilities - to a group of investors who claimed to want to put significant funds into the company, achieve mass production and deliver part-paid and fully-paid games to customers, as well as new machine sales.
Throughout the five years that I ran the company, we developed and sold games up until the time of my departure. This was never a ponzi scheme, as some have suggested. A mix of technical problems, supplier quality problems and unrealistic timeframes resulted in delays that financially crippled the company. We were all committed to delivering games to all paying customers. I personally apologise for the unrealistic timeframes.
There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me. It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round. I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.
I very much regret that the company’s owners have closed the company without honouring its commitments to all paying customers and I wish everyone the best in pursuing their claims against the investors or via the insolvency practitioners.
This situation has appalled me and I am extremely sorry for the anguish that it will inevitably cause.
Andrew Heighway

0DCB9A36-CBE4-4255-AD79-A0F547EB3F78 (resized).png0DCB9A36-CBE4-4255-AD79-A0F547EB3F78 (resized).png

#21263 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

It can be proven that the company owed me significant monies and not the other way round.

How weird, YOUR company owed Pinsiders significant monies too. F**k off.

#21264 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

You didn't honor your commitments either.

My game was paid for and promised to be delivered "before" you sold your stake and I didn't receive jack shit.

#21265 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Hey Andrew, you are a liar and a thief. That has been proven by the many people you milked money from and didn't deliver what was paid for. You may be skirting the law with your cute way of wording statements but it doesn't change the facts your customers know are true.

BTW, I paid a deposit on an Alien SE after *YOU* messaged me here and after you went back and fourth with me putting my mind at ease. From that moment forward you ignored me for months(after your promised delivery date came and went). You can NOT deny this. There are messages still here on my Pinside messaging system, my Gmail account, and my PayPal account all showing my history with you. PayPal is the only reason I was refunded my deposit and I have huge doubts your company ever transferred funds back into PayPal to cover this.

I hope your current venture sinks to the bottom of the ocean... you deserve it...

#21267 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

– as I will defend myself and my integrity.

Definition of Integrity - the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles.

Good luck with that one

#21268 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Whenever you talk all I hear is blah blah blah how can I lie and scam people out of more money. You are a fool and a coward.

#21269 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Some employees were spoken to. Chris spoke to one. I tried to do as much homework as possible. All the warning signs were published here including employees leaving because they were not paid, changing factories because they weren't being paid, vendors not being paid, Dennis not being paid, etc.
When these things were mentioned, people were jumped on.

Chris has had communication with at least two others that I'm aware of. Difficult to say *which* two that would be though.

#21270 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

I purchased a license to operate a hydrofoil business? Really? Where are these ‘top secret’ papers that you claim to have been handed? The truth is that I formed a UK company online more than a year ago called ‘Hydrofoils UK’ for one of my hobbies. The company has never been used, is dormant and likely to be struck off the register soon.
Now you’re back to your so-called ‘fact’ that I siphoned off hundreds of thousands of dollars?
I wish you all well and nothing but the best.
Andrew

images-5 (resized).jpgimages-5 (resized).jpg

#21271 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings. The company’s accountants have never suggested any wrongdoings by me.

I'm sure Bernie Madoff was saying the same thing, as have many other crooks, liars and cheats before they were finally caught and brought to justice. While you may have squirmed and lied your way out of this mess, don't think for one minute anyone here thinks you were honest or forthright.

In TWO WEEKS, maybe things will be different and people will feel differently and forgive you -- NOT!!

#21272 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

Seriously go f**k yourself. Or send me my $5500 from 2.5 years ago.

Or, better yet, send me a check and still go f**k yourself. That'd be ideal.

#21273 5 years ago

Glad I came back to this thread - popcorn at the ready

#21274 5 years ago

This is the Heighway Pinball panel from back in '15 at Pintastic:

I am glad I recorded it and I am glad I met the team at Heighway including Andrew.

#21275 5 years ago

This seems like a good enough time to break my Pinside fast...

Quoted from AndrewH:

making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

Andrew. You are a liar. A f**ing liar. You’ve been lying since Expo 2014 when you said Alien would ship in April 2015. Calling you a liar isn’t libel or slander since you did it over and over and over and there’s plenty of documented proof. You’ve caused financial and emotional harm to my friends who trusted you, so f**k you, you f**king a**hole. You suck. Your company sucks. Full Throttle or “Foo Twah-oh” as you called it, sucks. Hydrofoils suck.

#21276 5 years ago

I’m enjoying watching this rocket higher with every refresh...

5D5EDB62-EBDD-4352-BBFD-59BCD7338277 (resized).png5D5EDB62-EBDD-4352-BBFD-59BCD7338277 (resized).png

#21277 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hydrofoils suck

Woah now, slow down there slick, this one is pretty cool

78712 (resized).jpg78712 (resized).jpg

#21278 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew is (allegedly) a member of Cobra.

#21279 5 years ago

I just remembered today is Alien day! wooo hooo!

alien-day (resized).jpgalien-day (resized).jpg

#21280 5 years ago

Aurich, Rarehero, and O-din posting in a row! Im speechless!

Hi guys!

#21282 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Aurich, Rarehero, and O-din posting in a row! Im speechless!

Hi guys!

So Cal represent!

#21283 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just remembered today is Alien day! wooo hooo!

Oddly enough we are discussing this situation on the 426 page of this thread...weird.

#21284 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oddly enough we are discussing this situation on the 426 page of this thread...weird.

Not quite as much fun as 420, but it will have to do.

#21285 5 years ago

Bailiffs (resized).jpgBailiffs (resized).jpg

#21287 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

Andrew Heighway

“Must stay out of jail. Must stay out of jail. Must stay out of jail..”

#21288 5 years ago
Quoted from AndrewH:

There have been suggestions that I stole or diverted company funds for my own ventures. These are very serious accusations and never once have I been interviewed by the police for any alleged wrongdoings.

You won't be "interviewed by the police"; you will be served court papers you dumbass.

Quoted from AndrewH:

I would therefore advise people to refrain from making any libellous or slanderous statements about me – as I will defend myself and my integrity.

Good luck with that.

Your apologies are hollow and fake. Pay everyone back every dollar owed for undelivered machines and parts with cold hard cash from "Selling your successful pinball COmpaNy". You blatantly lied to people and did not stop.

Then there is the issue of unpaid services rendered.

May you rot and burn in Hell.

#21289 5 years ago

Where's Waldo?

Pied Piper of Preorder (resized).PNGPied Piper of Preorder (resized).PNG

#21290 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This seems like a good enough time to break my Pinside fast...

Andrew. You are a liar. A fucking liar. You’ve been lying since Expo 2014 when you said Alien would ship in April 2015. Calling you a liar isn’t libel or slander since you did it over and over and over and there’s plenty of documented proof. You’ve caused financial and emotional harm to my friends who trusted you, so fuck you, you fucking asshole. You suck. Your company sucks. Full Throttle or “Foo Twah-oh” as you called it, sucks. Hydrofoils suck.

You know, maybe he was going to sell the hydrofoils or empty the "save the hydrofoil" acCOuNt" and along with personal funds, pay everyone back. Now that we're all disrespecting him, he may not pay everyone back. I think the clown is wisCONsin wants us to stop this "rubbish" at least until he gets his replacement machine.....

#21292 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Where's Waldo?

Here I am

#21293 5 years ago

Rarehero - man I miss your posts. Good to see you poke back in here.

Quoted from Aurich:

Yes! I totally recall Cobra having a hydrofoil! Memories from middle-school just came rushing back.

#21294 5 years ago

Can you share your reviews of Alien and Full Throttle with us?

#21295 5 years ago

The sad thing is that with better management and communication, it’s possible that the company could have actually stayed afloat. There was almost this ‘holier than thou we’re professional businessmen, don’t question our methods’ approach, when there were many people in the Pinball community who genuinely wanted to help.

#21296 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Where's Waldo?

We need "Shillton,shuttup" shirts.
The guy is nice enough, when he doesn't shill something.

#21297 5 years ago

Gotta change the initials.....

#21299 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:Deleted post

Go rip a bunch of us off and then come on here and tell how it’s not your fault and you’ll get your unmoderated thread...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 426 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.