• 25,766 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,045 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 5 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 4 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 3 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 2 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs (resized).jpg
yx2dpyyljmoowqz60q9i (resized).jpg
Connector (resized).JPG
c679a9e13b3dcfe925b2b43c9193f017ecf95e86 (resized).jpg
4150658_0 (resized).jpg
C97DC8BA-5D2E-4817-AB8C-373D505C5068 (resized).jpeg
69E61571-288B-4C4C-96C4-827E5EAE1266 (resized).jpeg
694DD98E-C9C6-412A-8070-38DFCCA63DB5 (resized).jpeg
1C392566-F5B1-4030-87B6-1B3A92202A50 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25766 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 516.
#7251 3 years ago

Once these new gens are fully built up for testing, I'll be playing one of my favourite games; 'A Lie-In'.

#7252 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Those two arrow inserts there say REVIVE, and if they're lit you get a ball save from that side. So if only one is lit you gotta nudge to make sure the ball falls on the right side, because as you noted there are some posts and rubbers there.
I forget how you light them, I'd have to dig into the rules doc.

You light them by having balls locked in the Hypersleep chamber. One ball = one REVIVE lights alternately, two balls = both REVIVES are lit. One ball is ejected from the Hypersleep when the ball in play drains through a lit REVIVE, then the LOCK has to be lit again.

#7253 3 years ago

is there a "LETS ROCK" multiball ?

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

You light them by having balls locked in the Hypersleep chamber. One ball = one REVIVE lights alternately, two balls = both REVIVES are lit. One ball is ejected from the Hypersleep when the ball in play drains through a lit REVIVE, then the LOCK has to be lit again.

Cool!

#7255 3 years ago

Once these new gens are fully built up for testing, I'll be playing one of my favourite games; 'A Lie-In'.

Huh?

#7256 3 years ago

lie in
phrasal verb of lie
BRITISH
remain in bed after the normal time for getting up.

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

lie in
phrasal verb of lie
BRITISH
remain in bed after the normal time for getting up.

Ah. Earth humor...AR! AR!

#7258 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Working with David is such a pleasure. Until this game is done and approved I don't like talking about the details, but the work he's done is up to the bar, no question.

It would be a rare day indeed when Thiel doesn't live up to the high bar that he has set based on his own work.

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would be a rare day indeed when Thiel doesn't live up to the high bar that he has set based on his own work.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thiel is the man.

rd

#7261 3 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

#7262 3 years ago

Was anything revealed in August?

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Some pictures of the early test machines being built, unsure about what else ?

#7264 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

At this point it's Fox-approved or bust. Little fun stuff has leaked that proves the games are being built I guess, but Heighway can't show anything legit until after approval.

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

At this point it's Fox-approved or bust. Little fun stuff has leaked that proves the games are being built I guess, but Heighway can't show anything legit until after approval.

So, this means that they have finished the prototype machines?

We only saw a picture of a prototype in the building fase. If it is all in the hands of Fox now, I guess that the protos are finished?

If that is the case, then that is wonderful news.

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So here's what you do. Have Andrew put the info on a private server, then tell Tom Delonge it's the alien (not Alien) research he's been looking for. He's gotta be bored to death anyway. Then, when it's not what he's actually looking for ask very nicely to know what it really was. It's almost too easy.

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from karl:

So, this means that they have finished the prototype machines?
We only saw a picture of a prototype in the building fase. If it is all in the hands of Fox now, I guess that the protos are finished?
If that is the case, then that is wonderful news.

Not yet but soon, in the final push now.

#7268 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks for letting us know. I suppose we will hear about it when it is ready.

Can't wait

#7269 3 years ago

Andrew just sent me a photo of the playfield plastics, still on one sheet, going to be cut tomorrow. I'll likely make some adjustments once I see them installed, but that's a milestone, going to look like a proper machine shortly! (We've had test plastics on the earlier proto, but nothing was really final since there were changes to the CAD.)

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew just sent me a photo of the playfield plastics, still on one sheet, going to be cut tomorrow. I'll likely make some adjustments once I see them installed, but that's a milestone, going to look like a proper machine shortly! (We've had test plastics on the earlier proto, but nothing was really final since there were changes to the CAD.)

SWEET!!!

#7271 3 years ago

Cool Fact:
Was hanging out with some friends at a party in Lake Tahoe for Labor Day and was asked, "Whats the latest with pinball?"
I mentioned a few things about the pinball industry, individual restoration projects and upcoming reveals, but when I mentioned Aliens and Heighway, a girl stopped me in mid-sentenced and said, "I buy my bras from the girl in Aliens."
I kinda laughed it off and didn't think much of it.

Later on, I talked to that same girl and asked her what she meant. She showed me this site on her phone.
https://www.jenettebras.com

I was like "DAMN, GOOD FOR Vasquez!"
about-img (resized).jpg
Looking forward to seeing the new plastics revealed for the Playfield.

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

"I buy my bras from the girl in Aliens.

If Lebowski preorders got a rug, maybe Aliens preorders can hope for a little something tucked into the coin box as well ...

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If Lebowski preorders got a rug, maybe Aliens preorders can hope for a little something tucked into the coin box as well ...

as long as it isnt a live facehugger im good

--Jeff

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

as long as it isnt a live facehugger im good
--Jeff

Nah, just the egg!

#7275 3 years ago

Are the standard and le plastics the same?

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

It was suggested that they and several other cosmetic features of the game would be different on the LE (backglass and possibly PF included), but with Andrew saying they wanted to get the LEs out first, I expect that feature may have been cut ...

#7277 3 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

The only official statement has said that the backglass and side panels would be different.
I dont know where people read that any other art would be different

--Jeff

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It was suggested that they and several other cosmetic features of the game would be different on the LE (backglass and possibly PF included), but with Andrew saying they wanted to get the LEs out first, I expect that feature may have been cut ...

I think it unlikely that any of the plastics will be and don't recall ever hearing so much as a rumor that the playfield would be.

That said, if they want to be completely awesome, they could ship LE owners their machines first with the standard plastics and then send along LE plastics later whenever they're done. I believe it was already stated that LE buyers would get all the other standard art too anyway. Come on Heighway, be awesome

#7279 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah, just the egg!

A facehugger in the coinbox? That sounds dirty!

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

According to the Heighway site the 35th Anniversary Edition is already coming with "Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More."

I wouldn't be caught complaining if I found an egg, or a facehugger, chest burster, key chain, Aspen Beer koozie, alien head bottle opener, exclusive Heighway T-Shirt made for Alien LE buyers, or even the Alien cookie jar, etc...

That would all fall under the "+ much more" category right?.

AspenBeer (resized).jpg

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Aspen Beer koozie

Ive been after a can for years if anyone knows where to find one

--Jeff

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ive been after a can for years if anyone knows where to find one
--Jeff

Last I heard there is still a six-pack of it up for grabs that was left behind on one of the small moons named Acheron, designation LV-426, orbiting the gas giant Calpamos located in the Zeta II Reticuli system, 39 light years from Earth next time you get out that way. Just be prepared, I hear the indigenous population is hostile towards tourists.

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

According to the Heighway site the 35th Anniversary Edition is already coming with "Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More."
I wouldn't be caught complaining if I found an egg, or a facehugger, chest burster, key chain, Aspen Beer koozie, alien head bottle opener, exclusive Heighway T-Shirt made for Alien LE buyers, or even the Alien cookie jar, etc...
That would all fall under the "+ much more" category right?.

I'm sure the goodie bag is low on priority list now, but man, I've been begging for an Alien Barstool for a possible add....completely the ultimate "goodie" in my opinion....TBL had the rug.....barstool for Alien!!!....

#7284 3 years ago

I think you all need

loweredExpectations[1] (resized).jpeg

Expect that you're going to get some stickers and whatnot, and if you get more than that you can get pumped.

#7285 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Expect that you're going to get some stickers and whatnot, and if you get more than that you can get pumped.

Fine by me. Who doesn't like stickers? As long as they're the stickers the cool kids would want.

381139362_3122dfff40 (resized).jpg

I'll stick all mine on the side of the cabinet save a couple for up around the back glass art but only one on the playfield.

#7286 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I think you all need

I've been following this thread for quite some time now, and one thing people here DON'T have is low expectations!!!

Sometimes I even pity the Heighway crew for every minor fault this pin may present when launched...

#7287 3 years ago

Just got the email.

Getting ready for the time to make payment #2

Exciting!!!!!

"Come on, cat."

--Jeff

#7288 3 years ago

Got mine as well, "production to start in 2-3 weeks".

#7289 3 years ago

Fox approved?

#7290 3 years ago

not yet but it looks as if they are preparing for it to happen quickly

--Jeff

#7291 3 years ago

Got my email as well

#7292 3 years ago

I really want to throw caution to the wind and place a pre-order, but I need to at least see pics and preferably video so I have a thin veneer of justification. Really hope it comes soon.

#7293 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

thin veneer of justification.

Classic. I usually just run with a primer coat myself, too. Email here as well. Thinking maybe some air freight? Hmmm, patience, patience....

#7294 3 years ago

just got my email today!!! 2-3 weeks for 50 percent deposit and it seems like you can factory pimp the hell outa this pin!!

#7295 3 years ago

Got mine too! I'm excited, but the wife is gonna be pissed since i told her it would probably be closer to xmas

Wonder if the glass option will be pdi or invisiglass...

#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I really want to throw caution to the wind and place a pre-order, but I need to at least see pics and preferably video so I have a thin veneer of justification. Really hope it comes soon.

But if they lowered the LE # to 240 and did 30 super LE's you'd be all in?

#7297 3 years ago

So i wonder what the chances are we will see the LE art before the 50% is due? I was hoping to see that before making my small vs large LCD decision, but i guess its not really a big deal since that can (hopefully) be changed at any point up until shipping.

#7298 3 years ago

This is exciting. Got mine as well. Maybe delivery this year.

#7299 3 years ago

Once production starts how many games are they planning on shipping a month?

#7300 3 years ago

Email from Who???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
10,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 25766 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 516.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside