• 25,777 posts
  • 1,010 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,052 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

b34fa380a8f2fc23fab850b1e0dfdbbc (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN7321 (resized).JPG
DSCN7338 (resized).JPG
585009D5-D67F-44B4-B001-2ED74F02C911 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7289 (resized).JPG
DSCN7288 (resized).JPG
E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 5 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 4 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 3 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs 2 (resized).jpg
Hudson BDUs (resized).jpg
yx2dpyyljmoowqz60q9i (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25777 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 516.
#17701 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bernie Sanders

beat me to it!

That is a motley crew, even for a pinball event.

#17702 2 years ago

So backlight in backbox doesn't work which I'm not concerned about bc I was replacing with rgb strips but I thought this was interesting. The lights go on at the end of stage 2 of combat drop mode. See below. Happens everytime. Rgb is going to look great.

Btw the ramp updated noted by others really fixes the ball popping out. It's perfect and can't even see it. Good job on that

This game is great. I know I've said I'm going pinstasium but I'm not sure I want to change anything with lighting. It's an unbelievable mood and setting

#17703 2 years ago

I just got my Alien today from CT and so far so good. The head was fairly simple to install, but it didn't boot up the first power on. The screen froze on text saying is was booting the kernal or something like that. I turned it on and off and then it booted up fine. It's needed a few adjustments. The air lock scoop was taking several tries to kick the ball out. A quick adjustment to metal flap fixed that. Also adjusted the slingshot switch, some stand ups, and a switch in the xenomorph head that checks the extents of the tongue. The right 180 ramp sits below the playfield level significantly. A weak shot that doesn't make it can get stuck up against the edge of the playfield. It took tilting out to get the ball loose. I'll have to investigate that to see what can be done. All the lighting appears to be working correctly.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it and my only real concern is future issues and support.

#17704 2 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I just got my Alien today from CT and so far so good. The head was fairly simple to install, but it didn't boot up the first power on. The screen froze on text saying is was booting the kernal or something like that. I turned it on and off and then it booted up fine. It's needed a few adjustments. The air lock scoop was taking several tries to kick the ball out. A quick adjustment to metal flap fixed that. Also adjusted the slingshot switch, some stand ups, and a switch in the xenomorph head that checks the extents of the tongue. The right 180 ramp sits below the playfield level significantly. A weak shot that doesn't make it can get stuck up against the edge of the playfield. It took tilting out to get the ball loose. I'll have to investigate that to see what can be done. All the lighting appears to be working correctly.
Overall I'm pretty happy with it and my only real concern is future issues and support.

Good to hear! I believe mine froze too once when I first started (can't recall exactly when but it only did it once). Backbox lighting works ok too and side art lights up without having to change anything? As for the 180 ramp, I've had that happen once - it's super rare but it did occur an I had to tilt out. I would think putting some clear in the crack so it's level would fix it 100% but haven't bothered considering it rarely happens.

Add a woofer and it really takes off.

#17705 2 years ago

My backbox and side art light up fine. Played a half dozen games or so tonight. Almost got the hypersleep multiball once, but missed the third lock shot and drained on ball three. I wasn't having any issues making it up that lock ramp with clean shots. How did you hook up the subwoofer?

#17706 2 years ago

My backbox and side art light up fine. Played a half dozen games or so tonight. Almost got the hypersleep multiball once, but missed the third lock shot and drained on ball three. I wasn't having any issues making it up that lock ramp with clean shots. How did you hook up the subwoofer?

Nice. I hooked mine up with alligator to the subwoofer connectors. Fed a line through the back to sub

Would you mind posting a pic of the lit side art and back box? Curious what the total package looks like. Did you receive beacons or shaker?

#17707 2 years ago

No beacons or shaker. Here is a pic. The game is now covered in plastic as I’m in the middle of a basement remodel.

F56296E2-5ED7-4985-A79A-71CA2CDF0747 (resized).jpeg

#17708 2 years ago

No beacons or shaker. Here is a pic. The game is now covered in plastic as I’m in the middle of a basement remodel.

Looks good. Such a nice looking game. btw - my side art is a little brighter - wonder if it's taking the juice from my backbox ; )

#17709 2 years ago

lodgingdolphin

When you boot up your game and just let it sit (attact mode) does your alien mech make a buzzing noise (glass off to hear it)? My alien has worked fine but it does make a noise before playing. Once I start, with the glass on, I can't hear anything let alone when music plays.

#17710 2 years ago

Regarding the facehuggers with tails breaking, is it worth putting clear rubber tubing around them to protect them, like what’s used with fish tanks?

Would that work?

#17711 2 years ago

so I noticed tonight that when I press my flippers it causes some of the lower lamps to change color. I'm not sure this is normal. You can see it in my video below. Right flipper turns on almost all the lights around on and off colors. Left seems to just enable some lights on the bottom right.

Any owners confirm if yours change color too when pressing flippers? Seems odd:

#17712 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Alien code is quite respectable, but it's nothing like the level of depth in LOTR or WOZ. You've basically got two movies to choose from, with 4 modes each. I think most 3-ball games end before starting the movie mini-wizard mode. If playing well, you might start the mini-wizard, then move on to repeat process with the next movie. But I've never seen anyone finish both mini-wizards in a single game. If you're lucky to do that, you also need to start all 4 multiballs to get to the ALL OUT WAR final wizard mode. And I think it's already been made clear that Lifecycle multiball is a quite challenge to start, so getting to All Out War will be incredibly difficult on a 3 ball game.
I see Aliens as an amped up 90's mode based game, with some user flexibility choices for keeping individual games fresh, and a substantial challenge for getting to the final wizard mode. Also has scoring bonuses for completing the modes, and selectable gun bonuses depending on your gameplay. It's pretty clear cut & easy to understand, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think Ferret did an excellent job. But I wouldn't call that depth, just more of a difficult challenge to reach the end. Kinda similar to Metallica.

This is a good, accurate assessment. Andrew's ethos for operator games was always to get a balance where there were enough challenges in the game for good players, but the important new ones wouldn't be put off by the fear that there was no way they were ever going to achieve it all in one go. Alien has more depth than Full Throttle, but FT is much more of a pure skill-based score attack game. JJP's ultra-heavy mode approach simply wasn't for him.

#17713 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any owners confirm if yours change color too when pressing flippers? Seems odd:

The one I played in Sweden did the same thing. Only it did it on both button presses. I guess it is a code issue?

#17714 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When you boot up your game and just let it sit (attact mode) does your alien mech make a buzzing noise (glass off to hear it)? My alien has worked fine but it does make a noise before playing. Once I start, with the glass on, I can't hear anything let alone when music plays.

I'm pretty I heard this noise when I had the glass off and was adjusting switches. I'll have to check again to confirm.

Quoted from delt31:

so I noticed tonight that when I press my flippers it causes some of the lower lamps to change color.

I didn't notice that, but I wasn't looking for it while I was playing either. That's another thing I will have to check for tonight when I get home from work. In the video you posted I saw that the magnet didn't hold the ball for the xenomorph to eat it. Does that happen a lot for you? It happened twice so far on mine.

#17715 2 years ago

I wouldn't say all the time but def enough that you will notice - maybe once every 4 or so games? Really just about ball speed and placement when it hits the alien. Might be a magnet adjustment available not sure.

#17716 2 years ago

Question about coil testing.... When I go into it in order for anything to happen I have to hold in the coin door power as if I was closing the coin door and then press green button. I have to hold in that power for some while others allow me to press that power once and then I can let go and press enter.

Usually you select the coil with enter, close the door and the coil will go off. Doesn't work for me like that. How about you guys that own one?

The coil for backbox light actually turns on the backlight that has not previously worked.

#17717 2 years ago

My backbox and side art light up fine.

Hey delt31. You should see how his is connected.

#17718 2 years ago

Well CRAP!!!!!

I hate to bring down the vibe of happy folks getting their games, but I just got confirmation from Cointaker that the parts I need to update my game (hardware needed to update software) were NOT included in the recent shipment. This, despite several promises from the new Heighway team.

So I have not idea when (or if) I will get a working Xeno, working LED's, working playfield LCD, and updated drop targets - all of which are REQUIRED before I can update my code (stuck on version 0.94).

Yeah, I'm a little bit frustrated.

#17719 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Well CRAP!!!!!
I hate to bring down the vibe of happy folks getting their games, but I just got confirmation from Cointaker that the parts I need to update my game (hardware needed to update software) were NOT included in the recent shipment. This, despite several promises from the new Heighway team.
So I have not idea when (or if) I will get a working Xeno, working LED's, working playfield LCD, and updated drop targets - all of which are REQUIRED before I can update my code (stuck on version 0.94).

don't know why that stuff needs to be sent by container. It's one thing sending 20 full pinballs by container, but that stuff should be shipped by air direct to customer.

Heighway Pinball support was poor/lackluster during Andrew's time, they should be striving to match the levels of other pinball companies, which is simply to send replacement parts as needed.

I've had stuff needing replacement on many of my new Sterns, and my new Dialed In - BUT I was able to get support to respond to me immediately and send me what i needed.

I would implore those at Heighway to fix their support issues immediately because no one will want to buy their games.

#17720 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I would implore those at Heighway to fix their support issues immediately because no one will want to buy their games.

agreed 100%

We are going on 2 months now with no communicaiton from the New Team heighway.

If you guys are reading this, then please reach out to me ASAP.

#17721 2 years ago

Man, that sucks - I know they need to sell new games to make some money, but Heighway also NEEDS to support their games!

#17722 2 years ago

Maybe they are understaffed?

#17723 2 years ago

Maybe they shouldn't make promises they have no intention of keeping.

#17724 2 years ago

Get on the phone with them and tell them to ship out your stuff NOW!

#17725 2 years ago

Gary needs to watch out! Is that how they hold there Beers in Sweden?

Screenshot_20171024-111927 (resized).jpg

#17726 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Well CRAP!!!!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed 100%

Next to still pending refunds, this is the most worrisome issue at Heighway IMO. There is zero excuse for this, and there's no reason why these parts cannot be mailed to these customers. I know they are pre-proto machines, but damn, you've got to support your product & make your customers happy. If they wanted to make this happen, they easily could get it done, but clearly support is not a priority right now.

I really wish one of you guys who are waiting on parts would start a HP Customer Service thread, where pending parts & service requests can be monitored & updated, just like the pending refund page. Your service complaints are just going to get buried in this thread. And HP's lacking customer service is a very important issue that every potential customer really needs to be aware of.

#17727 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey delt31. You should see how his is connected.

Not a bad idea!

lodgingdolphin if you're able to take a picture of where your side art connectors are plugged into and the backbox, that would be helpful. I wonder if it's different than mine.

#17728 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I really wish one of you guys who are waiting on parts would start a HP Customer Service thread, where pending parts & service requests can be monitored & updated

I started one first thing this morning when I found out parts were not on the container as promised.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien

Also, Hilton and I are in slightly different situations. I purchased my game from Cointaker, and have been getting some communication and help from them. Hilton purchased directly from Heighway, so is completely reliant on them for support.

#17729 2 years ago

So after replacing the first led that doesn't work A11 and plugging it in another socket, it works so I believe this light issue has to be board related likely the A11 light socket. Which side would I check for solder issue? The side facing me or top side? I see little grey specs representing each of the led prongs - is that what I would need to touch? Not doing anything yet but interested to see as I've reflowed before and it's a simple fix that makes a huge difference but not with these new board. It was wpc.

In the meantime I believe a board replacement is being discussed but this middle board is huge and the thought of a Reflow fixing it makes me very curious....

#17730 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Well CRAP!!!!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed 100%

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Next to still pending refunds, this is the most worrisome issue at Heighway IMO. There is zero excuse for this, and there's no reason why these parts cannot be mailed to these customers. I know they are pre-proto machines, but damn, you've got to support your product & make your customers happy. If they wanted to make this happen, they easily could get it done, but clearly support is not a priority right now.

Despite Heighway blatantly directing away from a realistic kit model, and my lukewarm opinion of Alien (although I was really hoping to get more time on one at expo - or if someone in Chicago would get one), I still really love Full Throttle and want one badly. However, it is the above issues that made me chicken out of buying one second-hand this past week. Found an LE in great condition at a great price, but I just couldn't pull the trigger worrying about whether I'll own a doorstop if something stops working.

#17731 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Get on the phone with them and tell them to ship out your stuff NOW!

If they make promises by mail or telephone, doesn't mean ANYTHING (sorry for that I am kind of disappointed in Heighway) if they keep breaking their promises.

#17732 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like the back of Gary's pants are full from crapping himself at the sight of Alien.

Good joke.

There were 3 games grouped together in triangle at the EPC in Sweden this weekend: SW Prem, Alien and Dialing In.
Judging from feedback from the people who played all three (me included), if he crapping himself it is more likely because of DI. The direct comparison between SW and DI is (IMO) very painful for Stern.

Alien appeals to a different audience - (s)low run, boutique feel (for better or worse) and currently not a competitor for Stern.

#17733 2 years ago

Very disappointing. They will want to keep CT buyers happy otherwise CoinTaker may stop selling the pin (since it may impact CT’s reputability). This would cut out the US market and be a nail in Heighway’s coffin.

#17734 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So after replacing the first led that doesn't work A11 and plugging it in another socket, it works so I believe this light issue has to be board related likely the A11 light socket. Which side would I check for solder issue? The side facing me or top side? I see little grey specs representing each of the led prongs - is that what I would need to touch? Not doing anything yet but interested to see as I've reflowed before and it's a simple fix that makes a huge difference but not with these new board. It was wpc.
In the meantime I believe a board replacement is being discussed but this middle board is huge and the thought of a Reflow fixing it makes me very curious....

Hey Guys,
Some positive feedback for Heighway and maybe a way to help chase down your light problem, or other issues that may come up.

I've got a Full Throttle that had the launch coil getting full power all the time, which then would blow the fuse within a second or so.
After looking at the layout under the playfield you can see that there are 3 I/O boards (on Full Throttle at least, not sure on Alien but looks like 3 also from the only under playfield pic I could find) These I/O boards run the whole board that they are connected to.

So here's what I did to diagnose the problem and narrow down where the real issue was.
1- found what board and I/O board was responsible for running the launch coil.

2- found what line was feeding the launch coil from that I/O board (in Full throttle it's line 6)

3- I then looked at what the other I/O boards were running off of line #6

4- I swapped I/O boards with another location (easy, it's 4 plastic screws and one cable to unplug) that only ran one thing off of line #6 which was one of the tires that rotate.

5- after swapping boards I restarted the machine and confirmed that the launch coils was now working perfect and the tire that spins was now getting full power all the time and always spinning.

6- easy temporary fix, I unplugged the coil that runs that one tire on line #6, game works fine without it.

7- I emailed Morgan at Heighway Pinball.

8- He responded very fast and soon I had my new I/O board ordered ($239)

9- I just got the board ( took about one month, not fast but I got the parts) Installed the board and everything is working great.

Thank you Morgan and Heighway for keeping this kicka$$ machine running!

I'm not sure this will help you but just understanding that these new machines are much different then the older WMS games on how they are wired is a good start. Also knowing that the I/O boards run the larger boards they are plugged into, and that they are interchangeable (on Full Throttle at least) makes narrowing down problems a lot easier by breaking the game into segments and working form there.

Good luck with the games guys and I hope there is more positive news posted here, all of the negativity (from none owners) is a real drag. From owners and those who have paid and are waiting I totally understand and sympathize with ya. I think if you hang in just a bit longer they will get the job done, and deliver an awesome product!

Bud

#17735 2 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

all of the negativity (from none owners) is a real drag.

We are all potential customers ...and just worried about shitty customer service.

#17736 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We are all potential customers ...and just worried about shitty customer service.

Yes, I’m in for a L/E and seeing some of these posts here make me wonder if the pin is still in beta/testing.

#17737 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, I’m in for a L/E and seeing some of these posts here make me wonder if the pin is still in beta/testing.

Yeah, seems like Quality Control is out the door and they are just trying to crank these out....

#17738 2 years ago

The lack of effective communication and minimum support for a new $8k product is disturbing. So much so, that it has become a full blown issue for Heighway Pinball's potential customers.

Anyone considering plunking down new money to get an Alien, ought to first weigh the vacuumous lack of communication and any sort of problem resolution from HP, in case they end up with one like delt31 's. It needs a lot of TLC.

With that said, is ferret under direction to start revising code and is he on track to be paid for past, current and future effort? As witnessed by anyone following the RZ game, code development requires a lot of iterative troubleshooting and resolution. Looks like Alien codes is almost there and that it could require another 25% effort. HP should recognize this and pay to get their game to the finish line. HP needs to start supporting their products or risk alienating (pun) future customers.

As a comparison, TBL seems to be about 50% coded and no longer has a software designer or coder. Even if I wanted to buy a TBL, I wouldn't for that reason alone. DP has numerous obstacles to overcome and to make it's EA's whole. I won't consider buying a new money TBL by xyztec until DP pays their bills and develops game code further.

#17739 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Also, Hilton and I are in slightly different situations. I purchased my game from Cointaker, and have been getting some communication and help from them. Hilton purchased directly from Heighway, so is completely reliant on them for support.

Our game came from Andrew. It is "pre-production #2" and it was the agreement that Heighway would swap in a whole new game once they were at full production and we would give them back the current unit.

Once Andrew exited the picture, the New Heighway team was in contact with me and confirmed they would still be providing a full swap of a game. I was told it would be in the first shipment of games going to cointaker.

New Heighway then asked me to ship our current game to a member of their US software team. They wanted this done in advance of us receiving the new, produciton grade, unit. I let them know that I was unable to ship the current game out till we recieved the replacement. I explained this was a route game and sending it off meant I would have an empty slot to fill and that would not work to have an empty slot for such and expensive game. I can ship same day as soon as we have the replacement.

After I let them know I could not ship out the "pre-produciton #2" until a replacement had arrived, then communication fell off. Helmut was gone for a few weeks on Holiday. Morgan has been unresponsive. I was recently told that they "may have to bump us to the 2nd shipment", but I also saw Melissa from cointaker at Expo and she said that they likely have one on the container for us. I have not heard back from Melissa just yet but guessing things are not looking good on that front. I really appreciate that she was willing to help out with this, but also can understand that Cointaker is not responsible for assisting Heighway customers.

At this point I really need to hear form New Heighway team and they need to get us a replacement produciton unit.

Hoping they are reading this and call me soon or at least respond to emails/skype calls.

#17740 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The lack of effective communication and minimum support for a new $8k product is disturbing. So much so, that it has become a full blown issue for Heighway Pinball's potential customers.
Anyone considering plunking down new money to get an Alien, ought to first weigh the vacuumous lack of communication and any sort of problem resolution from HP, in case they end up with one like delt31 's. It needs a lot of TLC.
With that said, is ferret under direction to start revising code and on track to be paid for past,mcurrent and future effort? As witnessed by anyone following the RZ game, code development requires a lot of iterative troubleshooting and resolution. Looks like Alien codes is almost there but that it could require another 25% effort. HP should recognize and pay to get their game to the finish line. HP needs to start supporting their products or risk alienating (pun) future customers.
As a comparison, TBL seems to be about 50% coded and no longer has a software designer or coder. Even if I wanted to buy buy a TBL I wouldn't for that reason alone. DP has numerous obstacles to overcome and make EA's whole. I won't consider buying a new money TBL by xyztec until DP pays their bills and develops game code further.

I'll be the first one to raise my hand but I have to say that in my case, I can't complain too much in that we're talking about 10 lights in a playfield of many. Backboard LED strips were already going to be replaced with RGB. Ultimately, I'm confident the 10 lights will be corrected and then we're all good. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying my Alien. For the guys with the alien mech, LCD, etc issues - I would be frustrated too b/c those are game breakers. I really hope that is corrected soon.

#17741 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Our game came from Andrew. It is "pre-production #2" and it was the agreement that Heighway would swap in a whole new game once they were at full production and we would give them back the current unit.
Once Andrew exited the picture, the New Heighway team was in contact with me and confirmed they would still be providing a full swap of a game. I was told it would be in the first shipment of games going to cointaker.
New Heighway then asked me to ship our current game to a member of their US software team. They wanted this done in advance of us receiving the new, produciton grade, unit. I let them know that I was unable to ship the current game out till we recieved the replacement. I explained this was a route game and sending it off meant I would have an empty slot to fill and that would not work to have an empty slot for such and expensive game. I can ship same day as soon as we have the replacement.
After I let them know I could not ship out the "pre-produciton #2" until a replacement had arrived, then communication fell off. Helmut was gone for a few weeks on Holiday. Morgan has been unresponsive. I was recently told that they "may have to bump us to the 2nd shipment", but I also saw Melissa from cointaker at Expo and she said that they likely have one on the container for us. I have not heard back from Melissa just yet but guessing things are not looking good on that front. I really appreciate that she was willing to help out with this, but also can understand that Cointaker is not responsible for assisting Heighway customers.
At this point I really need to hear form New Heighway team and they need to get us a replacement produciton unit.
Hoping they are reading this and call me soon or at least respond to emails/skype calls.

What a mess. Heighway should really step up and get their act together or it is game over man..... forever.

#17742 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What a mess. Heighway should really step up and get their act together or it is game over man..... forever.

yeah and I really hope they get it together. Honestly love the game and would liek to own one for myself someday.

#17743 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Update...shipping today.

Further update...scheduled for (this) Thursday delivery.

But you people are scaring the crap out of me with all the reported issues. I will report in detail the condition and operation of my game as soon as I can.

#17744 2 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Hey Guys,
Some positive feedback for Heighway and maybe a way to help chase down your light problem, or other issues that may come up.
I've got a Full Throttle that had the launch coil getting full power all the time, which then would blow the fuse within a second or so.
After looking at the layout under the playfield you can see that there are 3 I/O boards (on Full Throttle at least, not sure on Alien but looks like 3 also from the only under playfield pic I could find) These I/O boards run the whole board that they are connected to.
So here's what I did to diagnose the problem and narrow down where the real issue was.
1- found what board and I/O board was responsible for running the launch coil.
2- found what line was feeding the launch coil from that I/O board (in Full throttle it's line 6)
3- I then looked at what the other I/O boards were running off of line #6
4- I swapped I/O boards with another location (easy, it's 4 plastic screws and one cable to unplug) that only ran one thing off of line #6 which was one of the tires that rotate.
5- after swapping boards I restarted the machine and confirmed that the launch coils was now working perfect and the tire that spins was now getting full power all the time and always spinning.
6- easy temporary fix, I unplugged the coil that runs that one tire on line #6, game works fine without it.
7- I emailed Morgan at Heighway Pinball.
8- He responded very fast and soon I had my new I/O board ordered ($239)
9- I just got the board ( took about one month, not fast but I got the parts) Installed the board and everything is working great.
Thank you Morgan and Heighway for keeping this kicka$$ machine running!
I'm not sure this will help you but just understanding that these new machines are much different then the older WMS games on how they are wired is a good start. Also knowing that the I/O boards run the larger boards they are plugged into, and that they are interchangeable (on Full Throttle at least) makes narrowing down problems a lot easier by breaking the game into segments and working form there.
Good luck with the games guys and I hope there is more positive news posted here, all of the negativity (from none owners) is a real drag. From owners and those who have paid and are waiting I totally understand and sympathize with ya. I think if you hang in just a bit longer they will get the job done, and deliver an awesome product!
Bud

Thanks for the breakdown. Really good to hear that you were able to get our part to correct it. As for my 11 lights being off, not sure it would be related but can check.

Random question about your coils. When you go to test them in the service, can you describe how you do that? On my alien, it's a little wonky with me pressing in the coin door power as if I was closing the coin door and then I press the green button and it begins to shoot off coil. If I press the green button and then close the door, nothing happens. Never owned a HW game before so thought that was interesting. What's also interesting is that IN the coil test there is backlight and it actually turns on when I test it (yet doesn't stay on as it's expected too). Not sure what a coil is involved with lights.....

#17745 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks for the breakdown. Really good to hear that you were able to get our part to correct it. As for my 11 lights being off, not sure it would be related but can check.
Random question about your coils. When you go to test them in the service, can you describe how you do that? On my alien, it's a little wonky with me pressing in the coin door power as if I was closing the coin door and then I press the green button and it begins to shoot off coil. If I press the green button and then close the door, nothing happens. Never owned a HW game before so thought that was interesting. What's also interesting is that IN the coil test there is backlight and it actually turns on when I test it (yet doesn't stay on as it's expected too). Not sure what a coil is involved with lights.....

It sounds like the coin door is disabling the high voltage, isn't that normal? Or am I misunderstanding what is going on?

Can you pull the coin door switch out to enable it?

#17746 2 years ago

Yes coin door open should disable high voltage so coils should stop. When I close the door (which should enable high voltage and let the coils shoot off for testing) nothing happens. If I open the coin door and manually click in the power plastic spring (which the coin door hits when closed to turn on high voltage) - my coils will then start to shoot off if I press the green/start button inside the coin door.

It's just strange too that a coil is associated with a backlight and that my backlight which never worked, actually works when I test the "coil" associated with it. Here's another thing - if I open the coin door, my backlight will actually turn on itself and be very dim. Once I close the coin door, whatever power was going to it is turned off! Strange right? My gut feeling is that the coil operation and my back light are connected somehow. My coils work perfectly fine in game. My RGB lights will go in back box but it's more out of curiosity now of whats going on with the stock back light.

#17747 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Further update...scheduled for (this) Thursday delivery.
But you people are scaring the crap out of me with all the reported issues. I will report in detail the condition and operation of my game as soon as I can.

LOL Same here Astro. Just got word my pin is in Louisville, KY right now (just across the river from me). I'm going to put a hold on it and pick it up tomorrow instead of waiting on the final shipment to my house on Thursday. Having some people over and I know (3) of them are pretty good at troubleshooting and solving pin issues. I know it sounds weird, but I'm more nervous than excited in getting this pin because I hope it works fine. Never felt this way before in getting a NIB pin.

I'm hoping once I get it in the gameroom and the moving is all done and whatever problems I have with it (hopefully nothing major) will be settled and we can enjoy the pin.

I would be lying to you if I said I'm kinda concerned about Heighway's communication. Just curious how you would update the pin for future updates. Is it done like JJ and Stern, just downloading an update file on their web site or what?

Anyway, my buddy Greg from SDTM will be filming the process and I'm sure doing a podcast on it at a future date, so here's to keeping the fingers crossed and hoping I'll have some good news for the future buyers (if any) for this pin.

#17748 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

New Heighway then asked me to ship our current game to a member of their US software team. They wanted this done in advance of us receiving the new, produciton grade, unit. I let them know that I was unable to ship the current game out till we recieved the replacement. I explained this was a route game and sending it off meant I would have an empty slot to fill and that would not work to have an empty slot for such and expensive game. I can ship same day as soon as we have the replacement. After I let them know I could not ship out the "pre-produciton #2" until a replacement had arrived, then communication fell off.

Smart move hanging onto the machine you've got for now. Sounds like New Heighway was not up-front with you about their shipping schedule, who knows if/when you'd have received another game if you let that one go. Pretty disturbing stuff.

#17749 2 years ago

These guys walked into this eyes wide open, they spent their real money handling refunds and whatever other cash the biz needed. They even took the symbolic act of having Andrew leave his company completely.

That they're dropping the ball like this is so odd.

#17750 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That they're dropping the ball like this is so odd.

They've already spent the money they got from these guys. They want the new cash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
9,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Helsinki
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 25777 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 516.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside