zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 601.
#15601 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thank you!!!...off to the game room now.....

No problem
Hope it fits

#15602 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

No problem
Hope it fits

4 inches to spare...I'm in!!!

#15603 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hi Team Heighway.. I could supply these for your optic fibre mounting..
» YouTube video
Consensus as compared to zip-ties anyone?

About 2 years late. Man I wish those had been around when I was drilling my Tron ramps.

#15604 6 years ago

Wow I paid in full in 2014, have LE #2 and others have the game before me. WTF!!!! I have been toying with getting a refund or listing my game for sale here.

If anyone want LE #2, I would really consider selling as I'm shocked I'm not one of the first.

I'm going to decide what I'm doing tomorrow.

#15605 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Wow I paid in full in 2014, have LE #2 and others have the game before me. WTF!!!! I have been toying with getting a refund or listing my game for sale here.
If anyone want LE #2, I would really consider selling as I'm shocked I'm not one of the first.

I don't think an LE beyond the one proto has been shipped yet.....

#15606 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Seriously not trying to be rude here but why bail now? You have been in for sooooooo long and there is no difference between #2 and #392, it's just a plate they slap on at the factory. If you think a lower number will add value when you go to sell then that's fine but don't bail over a number, the game is amazing.......

#15607 6 years ago

Can't even tell the differences between models and what the options are on the website anymore. Post if I missed a link or something.

#15608 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Who has one before you?

The one above is an SE that was sent some of the extras to make it into an LE (but not all) and that happened before Andrew left.

#15609 6 years ago

Sorry Astropin, but there has already been one LE shipped:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/286#post-3790382

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?gallery&galleryp=21

Of course some features were still missing, but the packaging definetely says "LE #94"

To be honest I am really thankful, that there´s already the first of its kind delivered, so we can have a detailed look at it. Unfortunetly I don´t like the glossy black cabinet, as imo it doesn´t fit the theme like it should. A matt black cabinet and silver legs are much more authentic. So I really think about downgrading to an SE with some beacons, Invisiglass, a backbox screen and a shaker. Maybe powdercoating the siderails and the legs would be a nice option to give it a unique look

#15610 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

Sorry Astropin, but there has already been one LE shipped:

Well... kind of. "Home made LE".
One of Andrew last desperate attempts to convince Aliens LE were shipping. Read the posts that followed to understand what was done.

Note: my understanding is that LE numbers were not given in chronological order - one could pick a number if available. So #2 is not necessarily #2 for production?

#15611 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Well... kind of. "Home made LE".
One of Andrew last desperate attempts to convince Aliens LE were shipping. Read the posts that followed to understand what was done.
Note: my understanding is that LE numbers were not given in chronological order - one could pick a number if available. So #2 is not necessarily #2 for production?

Correct

#15612 6 years ago

Have the "new" Heighway folks mentioned anything about kits for the Full Throttle people? Imho, these should've been first off the line. I haven't sent them any money, but would be a buyer if it was in a box.

#15613 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Have the "new" Heighway folks mentioned anything about kits for the Full Throttle people? Imho, these should've been first off the line. I haven't sent them any money, but would be a buyer if it was in a box.

my understanding is that they are taking care of existing requests for refunds (done or nearing completion?), existing Aliens owners with game issues, existing pre-orders for aliens game. In that order.

Guessing those looking for a kit will be after they get actual full games rolling as that seems to be priority #1 for production.

I was contacted last week about our pre-production game #2 and what they are going to do. It was nice to get some direct and personal communication around it. I will be sure to update when action happens and if things work out as they plan, I will be happy.

#15614 6 years ago

For those that are following the refund process I just wanted to share that I received my refund from Heighway yesterday.

I placed a $1500 deposit on an LE machine last fall and formally requested a refund on late April.

Although it took longer than I would have liked to receive my refund, Heighway's communication was very good once the new company took over.

#15615 6 years ago

Had e-mail conversation w Melissa @ cointaker last week (who I trust immensely). She said I should leave my order direct w Heighway as it was very early (before CT was a distro) and was extremely confident these games are being built and will be coming.

Alien pinball around the corner!!!!!

#15616 6 years ago

Just got a care package for my Alien from Heighway/Nitro pinball. Sweet! Can't wait to get this bad boy in there thanks to Helmut and Tommy!

20170718_111950 (resized).jpg20170718_111950 (resized).jpg

#15617 6 years ago

more pics of the new mech from multiple angles prior to install would be appreciated!

#15618 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just got a care package for my Alien from Heighway/Nitro pinball. Sweet!

Always a good sign!

#15619 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Just got a care package for my Alien from Heighway/Nitro pinball. Sweet! Can't wait to get this bad boy in there thanks to Helmut and Tommy!

Mine is on the way as well.

#15620 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Mine is on the way as well.

sweet. and as soon as those molex connectors arrive, your beacons as well

Sure here are some pics of the mech, pretty simple, one limit switch on the tounge, one motor and a small motor for the jaw. Dont know what changes they made.

PFM_0400 (resized).JPGPFM_0400 (resized).JPG
PFM_0401 (resized).JPGPFM_0401 (resized).JPG
PFM_0402 (resized).JPGPFM_0402 (resized).JPG
PFM_0403 (resized).JPGPFM_0403 (resized).JPG

#15621 6 years ago

awesome and thanks!

#15622 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Sure here are some pics of the mech, pretty simple, one limit switch on the tounge, one motor and a small motor for the jaw. Dont know what changes they made.

If u have any issues with the ball getting stuck when the zeno retracts, just move the Black rubber tip down so less of the magnet is exposed to the ball (the tip of the zeno tongue) and that should solve the issue.
The mech functions as such: The Magnet is always energized and when the zeno fully retracts it knocks the ball off and swallows it.

#15623 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The Magnet is always energized

small clarification... no power to the tounge magnet. It is just a regular magnet, not an electromagnet.

#15624 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Excellent

#15625 6 years ago

Thank you, yes I thought it was an electromagnet, but its just a permanent magnet.

There were a few guys on here that put an aliens on route correct? Just wondering how the Xeno head wears over time, there is a fairly local airbrush guy, I was thinking of bringing it over to him before I install to give it some detail!

#15626 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thank you, yes I thought it was an electromagnet, but its just a permanent magnet.
There were a few guys on here that put an aliens on route correct? Just wondering how the Xeno head wears over time, there is a fairly local airbrush guy, I was thinking of bringing it over to him before I install to give it some detail!

Oh,good Idea.
I'll do that on my other one

#15627 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Not planned, sorry.

How about a 4:26 madness?

#15628 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Great idea! My father in law airbrushes motorcycle tanks for a living. He could do a kick add job detailing the xeno head! Now I just need the head, and my game to arrive.

#15629 6 years ago

I think that Alien head is the perfect thing to do a great custom airbrush job on. Even some 3D stuff as the head doesn't get hit directly.

#15630 6 years ago

I gave a talk at Pintastic. 52 minutes into it I talk about Alien pinball audio. There is an "Alien Autopsy" of the Ambush Multiball music that might interest some here. This link should get you there:

ddt

#15631 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I gave a talk at Pintastic. 52 minutes into it I talk about Alien pinball audio. There is an "Alien Autopsy" of the Ambush Multiball music that might interest some here. This link should get you there:
» YouTube video
ddt

David,have you added all your latest sound code into the game now.
Also has the game code itself been updated since you have had the game.

Dan

#15632 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

» YouTube video
ddt

Awesome

#15633 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yes, and yes.

I continue to test and refine the audio package while I have an Alien pin here. Invoking callouts well is a time consuming task. Joe and I continue to find opportunities to use the wealth of clips from the movies and Muthur to make playing Alien more understandable, immersive and fun.

At this point we have shifted from making sure that everything does something to polishing and refining everything and that feels great.

ddt

#15634 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Dan

it's cool to see your game being put to good use Dan! That's pretty bad-ass that your old pin is being used to improve ALL the future alien pins as well! (just too bad it wasn't in Calgary this weekend!!) can't wait to see the updates!!

#15635 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

I continue to test and refine the audio package while I have an Alien pin here. Invoking callouts well is a time consuming task. Joe and I continue to find opportunities to use the wealth of clips from the movies and Muthur to make playing Alien more understandable, immersive and fun.
At this point we have shifted from making sure that everything does something to polishing and refining everything and that feels great.

SOOOOOOO excited to get an update (eventually).

#15636 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Yes, and yes.
ddt

Most excellent,great job

#15637 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

it's cool to see your game being put to good use Dan! That's pretty bad-ass that your old pin is being used to improve ALL the future alien pins as well! (just too bad it wasn't in Calgary this weekend!!) can't wait to see the updates!!

David actually has my replacement game,I still have the Prototype here.
Tommy will swap it out with mine after David and Joe work their magic

Still going to install the Alien mech for Tommy,while I have it here.

#15638 6 years ago

Great news, Aliens arrived today!

IMG_3926 (resized).JPGIMG_3926 (resized).JPG

#15639 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Is my LE in there?

#15640 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

How many?

#15642 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

4 Standard Editions

Great news . Can't wait to see the new head (and possibly other improvements) in action.

General question:

Was the idea of flashers lighting the head, ever implemented?

#15643 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

If it hasn't been included yet, it may be worth delaying production, and completely reworking the pins to include this.

#15644 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If it hasn't been included yet, it may be worth delaying production, and completely reworking the pins to include this.

if Heighway were to delay production and rework this pin, I can think of better things to change/add than lighting the head.

#15645 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if Heighway were to delay production and rework this pin, I can think of better things to change/add than lighting the head.

Like?

#15646 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Uh oh. That box is dented. I am going to have to send that back. I see 4 very happy people.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lack-of-stern-customer-service

#15647 6 years ago

This is with legs kinda steep too in the back, so subtract 1 inch is fair?

#15648 6 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Man, there is no machine I want more than this!!!....seems most have gotten their refunds that wanted out, and actual games shipping....all great signs!!! Congrats and appreciation to Chris and Melissa on being a part....

#15649 6 years ago

I'm glad to see that the games are starting to ship. I really hope the pin lives up to it's potential!

#15650 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

If it hasn't been done it's a shame but no reason to delay production.

There are loads of skilled electrical/lighting guys here on Pinside that could make a lighting mod that looks factory and operates as hinted at, strobing/flashing etc.

If it was done with Heighway's blessing and in conjunction with @ferret, he could code it in to the game for maximum effect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.