zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 601.
#11401 7 years ago

Does the alien head ball lock work currently? I can't find any examples of it in the 2 streams we've seen so far.

#11402 7 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Damn.....sad news about Bill.....rip

Yeah there's certainly no reason to watch the TV remake of "Training Day" now... he brought some grit to it and made it bearable. Was great seeing him on a weekly TV show in any case.

#11403 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It was explained by the streamer and i witnessed it once during play; that the Xeno magnet stops ball , mouth opens , tongue comes half way out and magnet releases ball. Not sure if there are any variations to the behavior (different release sequences) , but it would appear to suggest that it isn't working properly or still under development.

There is an adjustment for the length of time that the tongue comes out before it is assumed to have grabbed onto the pinball. It looks like maybe that adjustment is not set to the factory default?

The adjustment name is Magnet Capture Time, under Alien specific adjustments. The default that was tested at the factory is 10 (this is in 1/4th second units, so that's 2.5 seconds). It looks to be much less than that, but I did see the sequence start. Hopefully this is the reason why.

#11404 7 years ago

Good montage

#11405 7 years ago

Hey Andrew
Any news on additional games shipping??

#11406 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Really mourning the loss of yet another talented/phenominal actor and human being! 2016/17 really blows!
'Aliens'
Vasquez: "Look, man. I only need to know one thing- where they are!"
Hudson: "Right, right. Somebody said "alien." She thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up"
Vasquez: "Fuck you man!"
Hudson: "Anytime, anywhere!"
Ripley: "How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?"
Hicks: "Seventeen days"
Hudson: "Seventeen days? Hey, man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last 17 hours. Those things are gonna come in here like they did before. They're gonna come in here, they're gonna come in here and they're gonna get us!"
Hudson is frantically mowing down aliens]
Private Hudson: Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? Fuck you!

Aliens, possibly the greatest movie of all time. (for me)

RIP Bill. one of my alltime fav. actors.

#11407 7 years ago

Just curious, is the "35 Anniversary numbered game plaque" in/on/part of the machine, or is that a separate item altogether?

#11408 7 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Just curious, is the "35 Anniversary numbered game plaque" in/on/part of the machine, or is that a separate item altogether?

The plaque comes with the LE model but I'm not sure where it's being mounted to. Here's a picture of the LE plaques for a Full Throttle LE. I'm not sure if Full Throttle shipped with both plaques or just one of them.

39d432272bb7837d434927c844536d2727c469b7 (resized).jpg39d432272bb7837d434927c844536d2727c469b7 (resized).jpg

#11409 7 years ago

Hop you don't mind Hilton, but I had to borrow your pic from the other thread. It's the best close-up of the playfield I've seen so far.

Few things that stood out...

1) I love those return rails, with the grating floor & the ceiling beams! What an awesome effect with the plastics & it really makes you think of the colony in Aliens. The ball must look pretty cool coming down there.

2) Speaking of plastics, I love the "alien goo" stretched across the inlanes.

3) I see that the knifed skull & crossbones from Bill Paxton's chestplate was added to the RT outlane drain. Very cool!

4) It's so awesome to see actual drop targets on a modern pin.

And this is just a standard Can't wait to see where the fiber optic lighting goes.

pf1 (resized).jpgpf1 (resized).jpg

#11410 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I see that the knifed skull & crossbones from Bill Paxton's chestplate was added to the RT outlane drain. Very cool!

Good eye.

#11411 7 years ago

I really dig the space jockey in the back.

Man, this one will be tough to beat at TPF. Can't wait to try it out.

#11412 7 years ago

Here is the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game

To follow shortly...

#11413 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Here is the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game
To follow shortly...

wow! very impressed guys. crazy-good flow. lots of combo opportunities. can't wait to experience it in person at TPF!

#11414 7 years ago

This looks much better than EXPO and it was already impressive. Really nice attention to detail. Heighway has a winner on their hands, nice work!

#11415 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The plaque comes with the LE model but I'm not sure where it's being mounted to. Here's a picture of the LE plaques for a Full Throttle LE. I'm not sure if Full Throttle shipped with both plaques or just one of them.

Not sure how you got pictures of those, but those are my plaques. The game came with both.

#11416 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Not sure how you got pictures of those, but those are my plaques. The game came with both.

Lol, nice. I saw them on Pinside. Where do the plaques mount on the game?

#11417 7 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game

#11418 7 years ago

AMAZING. Are these still for sale? How much? What are the different models available?

#11419 7 years ago

Wow. Just awesome and loooove the spinner sound effects. An awesome reference / throwback to 70s/80s solid state games. At least that's what I feel. The tunnel mode with breathing and the spinners was my favorite mode.

#11420 7 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game
» YouTube video

With certain games, the experience is so immersive that you get lost in the world. Tron is like that. I haven't played Alien yet, but it looks to be an incredibly immersive game. Well done!

#11421 7 years ago

Wow, I love it. Tunnel escape music is so great, actually all the music is and I'm digging the call outs too.

#11422 7 years ago

Looks amazing. Andrew, just a little something I thought of, is the tongue grab coded in such a way that it absolutely will not pop out unless it knows that there's only 1 ball on the playfield? I'm guessing you wouldn't want the tongue to be hit side on by another ball?

#11423 7 years ago

» YouTube video

-Fun video to watch overall.
-I dig the green post rings (what brand are they?).
-I'm impressed with how much action you get out of the magnet up top,
my Godzilla has like 3 and I barely get that much action!
-Queen ball grab lock is slick in action.
-Also, my view is that the center post isn't required,
instead I would just up the duration of the ball save for each person's preference...
-Lastly, the game isn't level, so the ball is floating to the left at times,
does that help keep the ball under control better?

#11424 7 years ago

» YouTube video

I'm generally not one for hyperbole, but holy. muthur . of god.. Send me my LE!!!!

#11425 7 years ago

Goddamn, that's a beautiful pin!

#11426 7 years ago

It does look good. Looking forward Texas Show

#11427 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

AMAZING. Are these still for sale? How much? What are the different models available?

The American distributor...

http://cointaker.com/t/aliens

#11428 7 years ago

So have any other shipped yet? I am sitting on the fence trying to decide whether to order the Standard with fibre optic ramps or order the LE. This pin looks amazing!

#11429 7 years ago

This game is gonna sell! I'm almost afraid to play it...

#11430 7 years ago

Double dose of video awesomeness tonight! God damn! BTW the pin looks amazing Andrew, LOVE those spinner sounds!

#11431 7 years ago

Now this is a pin that is true to its theme. The lights and music really set the mood of gameplay. Very impressive.

#11432 7 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Double dose of video awesomeness tonight! God damn! BTW the pin looks amazing Andrew, LOVE those spinner sounds!
» YouTube video

just watched that! Epic timing for the release of this pin. Is there any word of how many LE's they're making ? I'm not missing out on this pin

#11433 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is there any word of how many LE's they're making?

500 LE games.

#11434 7 years ago

Any photos of fibre optic ramps on this pin?

#11435 7 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

I may have missed it in this thread, but at some point are we going to see hi-res images of the add-ons for Alien on the Heighway pinball site versus placeholder images? As some add-ons are cosmetic in nature, a picture is worth a thousands words and a video is better.
(my comment excludes the beacons which have been addressed before)

Quoted from violinfather:

Any photos of fibre optic ramps on this pin?

Good Question

#11436 7 years ago

» YouTube video

This game looks really balanced. From art to sound, lightning effects, sound effects, geometry, animations, flow and the list will grow as every aspect looks great. Integration at top level. Only one thing, the sound of the spinners sound really dull......haha NOT. The mini post between the flippers is no extra luxury as seen many times in the video. Looks like a good decision to put it there to achieve a greater average ball time.

Some of the modes already gave me goosebumps, so the live experience must be awesome. I think all the Alien fans and pinball heads will get a pin that not only has a top notch theme integration, but will also pass rule 1 in my pin book: fun to a part where you get over excited and a bit crazy. Game on.

#11437 7 years ago

Andrew & to the HW Team! F*N Bad Ass!!!

#11438 7 years ago

Just watched the newest game play video by Heighway. WOW! Just wow! The sound package is incredible! Can't wait to own this game.

#11439 7 years ago

Watching this with headphones in the dark, I had to look over my shoulder a few times...well done on the creepy sound package!

#11440 7 years ago

Simply AWESOME!! I think it was a brilliant marketing strategy to get the first two machines shipped to people who were putting them on location. This way many people can play them and get the good reviews going/spreading instead of just two people in their homes. VERY smart!! This will be my first NIB purchase since starting this hobby 17 years ago! Anyone want to buy a condo so I can pay for this puppy?.....faster than planned! Now to get an SE or LE.....Hmmm....part of me says if I'm going to do it, I might as well go all the way...first NIB and all!

Brian

#11441 7 years ago

The combat drop section around the 5 minute mark made my hair stand on end!

Goodbye TBL, hello Alien!

#11442 7 years ago

What's the ETA for a new buyer today? I'm not really into the waiting game... Would prefer to wait till we're talking about say ~4 weeks from order to doorstep.

#11443 7 years ago

you're a pinball fan ? how not digging this ?
you're an "alien" fan ? how not digging this ?

than, just WOW

#11444 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Goodbye TBL, hello Alien!

in my case, GB will have to leave to make some place/money...
but let's be honest (and pragmatic), there's absolute no urgency

#11445 7 years ago

I see there are options on the LE for blue or green armor. Which one do you guys prefer? Would you opt for the backbox monitor?

#11446 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I see there are options on the LE for blue or green armor. Which one do you guys prefer? Would you opt for the backbox monitor?

Even more...blue, green or black armor.
And yes, you should opt for the backbox monitor.

#11447 7 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

All depends on how the LE artwork looks. I'm thinking green may be the way to go through considering that that green is used in the Alien logo, there's green rubbers in the game, the aliens acid is green and hell a lot of people think aliens are green, lol.

The second film, Aliens, has more blue tones on its official poster and at times there is a blue cool tone to some scenes in the film. I think that is why Heighway offered blue as another trim option. If the LE artwork has a blue Aliens vibe to it then blue may be the way to go.

#11448 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm thinking green may be the way to go through considering that that green is used in the Alien logo, there's green rubbers in the game, the aliens acid is green and hell a lot of people think aliens are green, lol.

I'm hoping the green is a darker shade of green. If the LE art is more blue in tone, then that to me would be the way to go. I still would want it to be a darker military blue, not a bright super hero blue. The game is a dark theme, so if the color options are bright, I'll just go black.

#11449 7 years ago

Leaning toward blue myself, but waiting for the LE art to decide. I thought this was helpful though:

Quoted from Aurich:

Trim is green or blue, you get to pick. I haven't seen color swatches, so I don't know the exact shades. I'm designing the LE art to work with both, the same way I did the Star Trek package to work with either red or blue depending on Premium or Pro.
Again, haven't seen the powder coat colors, but based on the art and what I think it will all look like I'd take the blue, personally.
I'm hopeful we'll get through the approvals on it relatively quickly, meaning weeks not months.

#11450 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm hoping the green is a darker shade of green. If the LE art is more blue in tone, then that to me would be the way to go. I still would want it to be a darker military blue, not a bright super hero blue. The game is a dark theme, so if the color options are bright, I'll just go black.

Yeah, good point. I hope the blue powder coat is not XMEN LE blue, same with the green not being like Ghostbusters LE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.