IMG_1584 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1578 (resized).png
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1574 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

210 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,900 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 298.
#14001 80 days ago

Chris, where do you get your spinner disk stickers? I’ve seen several versions but not sure which are true to original. I’ve seen in the past that there are several versions out there with wrong colors in wrong places and some that have no real grip.

#14002 80 days ago

Gutted Rocky for the parts that need to be plated.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Chris, where do you get your spinner disk stickers? I’ve seen several versions but not sure which are true to original. I’ve seen in the past that there are several versions out there with wrong colors in wrong places and some that have no real grip.

Yeah those are all over the place.
I have a small lot of them and each time I add to it they are different than the time before.
Sometimes it’s the colors others the texture.
I don’t have a good answer only questions myself.
Generally I just go with what suits the build best. They aren’t hard to change if they become problematic or something better comes along.

#14003 80 days ago

Trying to figure out the best formula for finished walk around videos. Let me know which style you like best.
I will dial it in as I go of course
Style one just walk around
Whirlwind Pinball Restoration and Recreations 18

Style two using still photos as well. I didn’t put too much effort into the timing of them but understand the tool to do it if it were a better way to capture finished games on video.
The other stuff is easy but it’s the finished game videos I want to figure out a formula for.
Whirlwind Pinball Restoration and Recreations 18A alternative edit

#14004 80 days ago

Look at all that hi res ww pron

#14005 79 days ago

Style #2 is my vote. I find the constant motion of #1 to be distracting and difficult to focus in on a specific area at times.

Plus, #2 just seems like an overall more artistic expression, if you care about that kind of thing.

#14006 79 days ago

I like style 2 better. Same reason as Mr. Tantrum has noted. The slow pan of the still photos let’s the viewer truly see the detail and over the top quality of your work. The Total Chaos is incredible. Another HEP masterpiece !

#14007 79 days ago

Style #2, please, as it's easier to see your amazing work, in full detail.

No one should take for granted you sharing your craft and your work with us, let alone trying to cater to us.

Thank you

#14008 79 days ago

Hey Chris, I know you are a creature of habit, but one comment you made during your Rocky clip the other day stood out. Regarding the camera and photos, etc. If you have amazon prime, you get unlimited photo storage with amazon, and you can set your phone to automatically upload every photo it takes for immediate backup and organization.

What's really sweet about the setup is not only do you get the offsite backup, is it has all the automatic indexing. For people its really easy to search for "curtis" and you'll get every photo that has face recognition to ID whom you've identified as Curtis. Alas it wouldn't likely understand pinball terms, but you can easily organize into albums, etc too.

Just mentioning if you haven't seen how these solutions have come... it's super useful and eliminates all the moving of photos, doesn't lock you from downloading your own content, etc. I found it great for when Google killed all their great picasa stuff you used to be able to have for local software.

Smugmug has similar too for their paid service. Really helps eliminate the anxiety of losing photos.

#14009 79 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What's really sweet about the setup is not only do you get the offsite backup, is it has all the automatic indexing. For people its really easy to search for "curtis" and you'll get every photo that has face recognition to ID whom you've identified as Curtis. Alas it wouldn't likely understand pinball terms, but you can easily organize into albums, etc too.

Given Amazon's abysmal privacy abuses record, you have to assume you're handing over privacy of your photos to them, regardless of what their terms say as they've violated their own before. So those photos could end up being used as the basis for other products or training their AI, etc. It's a real risk. Some people don't care, for for the people that do, Amazon and any cloud storage except maybe Apple is a no-go.

#14010 79 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given Amazon's abysmal privacy abuses record, you have to assume you're handing over privacy of your photos to them, regardless of what their terms say as they've violated their own before. So those photos could end up being used as the basis for other products or training their AI, etc. It's a real risk. Some people don't care, for for the people that do, Amazon and any cloud storage except maybe Apple is a no-go.

Funny - doesn't stop people from using their cloud connected OS... their cloud connected phones... or posting their photos on PUBLIC WEBSITES with zero controls, etc etc etc. If you don't trust a company for it's T&C you shouldn't trust any of the things above.. or even pinside.

#14011 79 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Funny - doesn't stop people from using their cloud connected OS... their cloud connected phones... or posting their photos on PUBLIC WEBSITES with zero controls, etc etc etc. If you don't trust a company for it's T&C you shouldn't trust any of the things above.. or even pinside.

People that are aware of the issues do as much to minimize potential abuse as possible (not using Android, no home assistants aside from Apple, no Amazon cloud products, etc). Amazon sending video from Roombas for contractors to review was a RIDICULOUS abuse. There are many. So, avoid the obvious abusers and try to minimize cloud exposure is all I do. Just wanted to point out that Amazon is a known abuser of their own terms as a caveat emptor situation. Chris can make his own decision.

#14012 79 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Amazon sending video from Roombas for contractors to review was a RIDICULOUS abuse

1 - Amazon isn't even part of the roomba story - That was Roomba which while an Amazon deal was pending, never happened - the companies operate independently during such a period. So not Amazon
2 - The roomba story was video from opt-in participants -- paid collectors and employees. Not random T&C violations
3 - The contractors were working FOR Roomba - that's what all companies do with their contractors... give them data to process. This wasn't some selling of data or exporting to different uses.

The whole issue was a contractor's employees violating the rules. None of this has anything to do with Amazon except Amazon was lined up to buy Roomba - (which also is no longer happening)

So misinformed rage... not needed.

But enough about big evil companies... let's see more Gottlieb breakdowns..

#14013 79 days ago

flynnibus and PinMonk you guys should meet up and bare knuckle box this one out!

#14014 79 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1 - Amazon isn't even part of the roomba story - That was Roomba which while an Amazon deal was pending, never happened - the companies operate independently during such a period. So not Amazon
2 - The roomba story was video from opt-in participants -- paid collectors and employees. Not random T&C violations
3 - The contractors were working FOR Roomba - that's what all companies do with their contractors... give them data to process. This wasn't some selling of data or exporting to different uses.
The whole issue was a contractor's employees violating the rules. None of this has anything to do with Amazon except Amazon was lined up to buy Roomba - (which also is no longer happening)
So misinformed rage... not needed.

Meh. As an original Roomba owner of most versions since the very beginning, there was a DISTINCT change in the i7's behavior after Amazon sought to buy Roomba. Became a less effective cleaner as the directive clearly changed to gathering data. It would even ignore roomba walls and software boundaries and "go exploring" (with its camera running), which was not a problem before. The change was very stark. So, believe the official line if you wish. My experience suggests otherwise.

Amazon's behavior with Ring privacy is similarly cavalier.

#14015 79 days ago

Conspiracy is strong in this one

#14016 79 days ago

None of this belongs in this beloved thread

#14017 78 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

None of this belongs in this beloved thread

Thanks for handling security cosmokramer

I had a crazy 24 hours but I managed to get some work done.

Rocky playfield is out and stripped.

IMG_7908 (resized).jpegIMG_7908 (resized).jpegIMG_7909 (resized).jpegIMG_7909 (resized).jpeg
#14018 78 days ago

Just wasted 15 min going through pinsides galleries looking for a reference picture on a STTNG. Should of just came to HEPs thread here and found it in 2 min. What a resource this is. Thanks again Chris for all the great work.

#14019 78 days ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Rocky playfield is out and stripped.

I pity the fool who isn't looking forward to the HEP Rocky restoration.

#14020 78 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I pity the fool who isn't looking forward to the HEP Rocky restoration.

Not exactly Rocky 3 but Redneck Brawl 5 is kicking off with its usual class and high production value.
First bout
Chief Lief vs Too Quick
IMG_7960 (resized).jpegIMG_7960 (resized).jpegIMG_7961 (resized).jpegIMG_7961 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14021 78 days ago

Top shelf action. Very technical

IMG_7968_Lively.gifIMG_7968_Lively.gif
One guy won wearing an ankle monitor. IMG_7976 (resized).jpegIMG_7976 (resized).jpeg
Don’t even get me started on the ring girls. A couple are on the fight card. The ones that aren’t pregnant.

IMG_7984 (resized).jpegIMG_7984 (resized).jpeg

IMG_7998 (resized).jpegIMG_7998 (resized).jpegIMG_8001 (resized).jpegIMG_8001 (resized).jpeg
#14022 78 days ago

Top shelf action. Very technical

All that entertainment for only $23?

#14023 77 days ago

Man, that Whirlwind Total Chaos makes me wish I could trade my prototype Whirlwind for one. That thing is so cool.

#14024 75 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All that entertainment for only $23?

It’s impressive.
I love the promos and call outs leading up to the event almost more than the event itself.
Just a small sample of that.

#14025 75 days ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Man, that Whirlwind Total Chaos makes me wish I could trade my prototype Whirlwind for one. That thing is so cool.

Thanks they are both one of a kind.

#14026 75 days ago

Finally bit the bullet and had the bakers cyst in the back of my knee drained followed immediately by a cortisone shot in the front of knee
It was pretty big.
I haven’t been able to run,squat heavy weights ,jump rope or a few other things I keep in my workout rotation for months.
Doctor says I still have plenty of tread on the tire!!!

IMG_8082 (resized).pngIMG_8082 (resized).pngIMG_8079 (resized).jpegIMG_8079 (resized).jpegIMG_8080 (resized).jpegIMG_8080 (resized).jpeg
#14027 75 days ago

Big tree is down and gone.
IMG_6589 (resized).jpegIMG_6589 (resized).jpegIMG_6590 (resized).jpegIMG_6590 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8083 (resized).jpegIMG_8083 (resized).jpeg
Only damage done. IMG_8084 (resized).jpegIMG_8084 (resized).jpeg
I can live with that.
The doctor and the tree. All this done before lunchtime.

#14028 75 days ago

Got a small lot of playfields cleared yesterday.
Pretty sure that Rocky is going to be close to a total repaint when all is said and done.

IMG_8063 (resized).jpegIMG_8063 (resized).jpegIMG_8064 (resized).jpegIMG_8064 (resized).jpegIMG_8065 (resized).jpegIMG_8065 (resized).jpegIMG_8066 (resized).jpegIMG_8066 (resized).jpeg
#14029 75 days ago

Glamour vs reality.

IMG_8063 (resized).jpegIMG_8063 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14030 75 days ago

Pretty sure that Rocky is going to be close to a total repaint when all is said and done.

"If he dies, he dies."

#14031 75 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

"If he dies, he dies."

One thing we know, Chris won’t throw the towel.

#14032 75 days ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

One thing we know, Chris won’t throw the towel.

Probably the better Drago quote from Chris would pertain to the playfield submitting to his will, "I must break you!"

#14033 75 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Probably the better Drago quote from Chris would pertain to the playfield submitting to his will, "I must break you!"

It’s definitely going to be a twelve rounder.

IMG_8095 (resized).jpegIMG_8095 (resized).jpegIMG_8100 (resized).jpegIMG_8100 (resized).jpegIMG_8101 (resized).jpegIMG_8101 (resized).jpegIMG_8102 (resized).jpegIMG_8102 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14034 75 days ago

I can't wait to see that Rocky finished. Chris have you ever done a Dolly Parton?

#14035 75 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

I can't wait to see that Rocky finished. Chris have you ever done a Dolly Parton?

I wish but my wife would kill me.

Seriously no but I would like to.
Any of those painted cabinet,real backglass games are ones that I think highlight the process most.

#14036 75 days ago

Chris,
I have a brand new Mirco BK2K playfield screwed to the wall to allow the existing clear to dry. How do I go about getting an estimate on what you would charge to clear it?

Thanks.

#14037 75 days ago

Given the era, I'd say a fifteen rounder, lol. Ain't gonna be no rematch.

#14038 75 days ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Chris,
I have a brand new Mirco BK2K playfield screwed to the wall to allow the existing clear to dry. How do I go about getting an estimate on what you would charge to clear it?
Thanks.

I would say probably $850 for a playfield set like that.
It’s not hard work but materials are expensive ,I have a ton of money invested in equipment and in general it’s just not worth getting involved in for anything less.
Usually can do something like that in about two to four weeks time when putting one in process with my own.
It’s hard to explain or rationalize sometimes but as a measuring stick. They were here for two hours cutting down a tree it was $1500 and I could have called ten different companies in just this town to have it done so in regards to myself given the skill set and rarity of the service I think it’s a fair value in comparison to others even though it almost doubles the real cost of the playfield itself once complete.

#14039 75 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Given the era, I'd say a fifteen rounder, lol. Ain't gonna be no rematch.

I almost said that. 1982 was the cut off for the fifteen rounders. It was a split decision.

#14040 75 days ago

I would say probably $850 for a playfield set like that.
It’s not hard work but materials are expensive ,I have a ton of money invested in equipment and in general it’s just not worth getting involved in for anything less.
Usually can do something like that in about two to four weeks time when putting one in process with my own.
It’s hard to explain or rationalize sometimes but as a measuring stick. They were here for two hours cutting down a tree it was $1500 and I could have called ten different companies in just this town to have it done so in regards to myself given the skill set and rarity of the service I think it’s a fair value in comparison to others even though it almost doubles the real cost of the playfield itself once complete.

Thanks.
I enjoyed watching your video where you cleared the TZ playfield. If its not a HEP secret, I am very curious what grit you DA sanded that PF down with. Again, just curious.

#14041 75 days ago

Thanks.
I enjoyed watching your video where you cleared the TZ playfield. If its not a HEP secret, I am very curious what grit you DA sanded that PF down with. Again, just curious.

It’s not. Depends on the surface condition. If pronounced grain or insert edges I would start with 500 and work to 800.
If already good and just looking to add a better finish 800.

#14042 75 days ago

The HEP plastic surgery wing is now open.

IMG_8121 (resized).jpegIMG_8121 (resized).jpegIMG_8122 (resized).jpegIMG_8122 (resized).jpegIMG_8123 (resized).jpegIMG_8123 (resized).jpegIMG_8127 (resized).jpegIMG_8127 (resized).jpegIMG_8128 (resized).jpegIMG_8128 (resized).jpegIMG_8129 (resized).jpegIMG_8129 (resized).jpegIMG_8130 (resized).jpegIMG_8130 (resized).jpeg
#14043 75 days ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

i wonder if you tried https://www.facebook.com/FantasticPinball it seems he has been doing scan/sand/reprint/clear of old PF without repro. Could be an option for PF like that Rocky in the future?

#14044 75 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i wonder if you tried https://www.facebook.com/FantasticPinball it seems he has been doing scan/sand/reprint/clear of old PF without repro. Could be an option for PF like that Rocky in the future?

That looks cool.
I am an in house type of guy for the most part.
Even if it’s a set back to deal with I can handle it.
My real issue is these are not good paying jobs from a business/survival standpoint.
They are losers in that regard.
People always think they cost too much and I always wish I would have said no.
That’s a sure sign they were priced right Lol!!

Here’s todays progress. Much more to come.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14045 74 days ago

That looks cool.
My real issue is these are not good paying jobs from a business/survival standpoint.

Wow! It’s impressive seeing how clear that color comes out and how well it fits. Awesome work!

Does the darker skin hue overlap the lighter, or do you try and line the paint up next to each other?

#14046 74 days ago

That looks cool.

Impressive with all the fine detail in the skin tone. I was afraid he was going to lose a nipple.

#14047 74 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Impressive with all the fine detail in the skin tone. I was afraid he was going to lose a nipple.

HEP is so artistically gifted, I’d be expecting something more like this:

The Man with the Golden GunThe Man with the Golden Gun

#14048 74 days ago

Day three on the Rocky playfield.

IMG_8174 (resized).jpegIMG_8174 (resized).jpegIMG_8175 (resized).jpegIMG_8175 (resized).jpegIMG_8176 (resized).jpegIMG_8176 (resized).jpegIMG_8177 (resized).jpegIMG_8177 (resized).jpegIMG_8179 (resized).jpegIMG_8179 (resized).jpegIMG_8181 (resized).jpegIMG_8181 (resized).jpegIMG_8182 (resized).jpegIMG_8182 (resized).jpegIMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8183 (resized).jpegIMG_8186 (resized).jpegIMG_8186 (resized).jpegIMG_8187 (resized).jpegIMG_8187 (resized).jpegIMG_8188 (resized).jpegIMG_8188 (resized).jpegIMG_8189 (resized).jpegIMG_8189 (resized).jpeg
#14049 74 days ago

Nice.
Are you use frisket film for that masking? I use that on my PF touchups all the time.
Are you going to be repairing that yellow area with the gradient? That looks to be tough.

#14050 74 days ago

Nice.
Are you use frisket film for that masking? I use that on my PF touchups all the time.
Are you going to be repairing that yellow area with the gradient? That looks to be tough.

I am going to do any and everything I possibly can. It’s a work in progress.
I do cover dithering and fades here.
Cactus Canyon Pinball Refresh 5

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 14,900 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 298.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/281?hl=aamauzy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.