IMG_8657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8627 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

204 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 283.
#13601 3 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What’s your source for the original looking pricing and rules cards they look exact

I actually made those. Did it for my TZ too. The rules card is actually a little off, because they didn’t use bolding for Addams, but they did for TZ and I wanted the machine styles to match (since they’ll be sitting right next to each other).

#13602 3 months ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Finished with this one. Will try to get some good final pictures of it up. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely frickin’ gorgeous.

#13603 3 months ago

Finished with this one. Will try to get some good final pictures of it up. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can’t tell in the pics…is the topper light working there?

#13604 3 months ago
Quoted from Jargus:

I can’t tell in the pics…is the topper light working there?

I packed those topper lights up to return them. They were not worth using. Only two lights run short alligator clips etc.
I would recommend the ones from Lee’s Parts. Much better. I would also recommend the yellow version not blue for a TAFG.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13605 3 months ago

I packed those topper lights up to return them. They were not worth using. Only two lights run short alligator clips etc.
I would recommend the ones from Lee’s Parts. Much better. I would also recommend the yellow version not blue for a TAFG.
[quoted image]

Unfortunate, but works for me.

#13606 3 months ago

TAFG JH finished.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13607 3 months ago

TAFG JH playfield

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13608 3 months ago

TAFG JH inside.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13610 3 months ago

As always, I’m speechless. Your work is absolutely impeccable. I certainly appreciate all the time it takes for the detailed photos. I look at each in detail and learn something new every time. Thanks for all you do in a hobby.

#13611 3 months ago

Are the magnet protection fuses in that block under the pf?

#13612 3 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Are the magnet protection fuses in that block under the pf?

Yeah he mentions it a page or so ago. I think he said the board requires smaller sized fuses so to cut down stocking different fuse types he puts in the holder

#13613 3 months ago

I assumed.. Much cleaner. Very cool.

Quoted from mmr61184:Yeah he mentions it a page or so ago. I think he said the board requires smaller sized fuses so to cut down stocking different fuse types he puts in the holder

#13614 3 months ago

You, sir, are the gold medal winner of pinball restoration (see what I did there?).

#13615 3 months ago

It might be worth a shot to try this stuff on an old clear ramp to see how it'd work on tinting a new one:

https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K09037007-Stained-Glass-Aerosol/dp/B07H438FWB

It's pretty impressive stuff. I've used a few of the other colors on clear plastic items before and as long as you evenly coat what you're painting, you'd never know the plastic was ever clear. This source is quite pricey, but it's more to show the product. I'm sure you can find them elsewhere much cheaper.

#13616 3 months ago

Gutting the Fish…..Turd

IMG_3686 (resized).jpegIMG_3686 (resized).jpegIMG_3690 (resized).jpegIMG_3690 (resized).jpegIMG_3691 (resized).jpegIMG_3691 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpegIMG_3692 (resized).jpegIMG_3693 (resized).jpegIMG_3693 (resized).jpegIMG_3694 (resized).jpegIMG_3694 (resized).jpegIMG_3695 (resized).jpegIMG_3695 (resized).jpegIMG_3696 (resized).jpegIMG_3696 (resized).jpegIMG_3697 (resized).jpegIMG_3697 (resized).jpegIMG_3698 (resized).jpegIMG_3698 (resized).jpeg
#13617 3 months ago

It’s definitely been operated on the pier.

IMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3818 (resized).jpegIMG_3818 (resized).jpegIMG_3820 (resized).jpegIMG_3820 (resized).jpegIMG_3821 (resized).jpegIMG_3821 (resized).jpegIMG_3822 (resized).jpegIMG_3822 (resized).jpegIMG_3824 (resized).jpegIMG_3824 (resized).jpegIMG_3825 (resized).jpegIMG_3825 (resized).jpegIMG_3826 (resized).jpegIMG_3826 (resized).jpegIMG_3827 (resized).jpegIMG_3827 (resized).jpegIMG_3829 (resized).jpegIMG_3829 (resized).jpeg
#13618 3 months ago

Worked the new cabinet and topper base over. Almost made a new one of those but it’s sanded out flush with some effort.

IMG_3779 (resized).jpegIMG_3779 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpegIMG_3807 (resized).jpegIMG_3807 (resized).jpegIMG_3808 (resized).jpegIMG_3808 (resized).jpegIMG_3812 (resized).jpegIMG_3812 (resized).jpegIMG_3815 (resized).jpegIMG_3815 (resized).jpegIMG_3816 (resized).jpegIMG_3816 (resized).jpeg
#13619 3 months ago

Primed and guidecoated. Topper base given a burial at sea. A sea of primer!

IMG_3842 (resized).jpegIMG_3842 (resized).jpegIMG_3843 (resized).jpegIMG_3843 (resized).jpegIMG_3846 (resized).jpegIMG_3846 (resized).jpegIMG_3847 (resized).jpegIMG_3847 (resized).jpegIMG_3849 (resized).jpegIMG_3849 (resized).jpeg
#13620 3 months ago

Cleared the playfield set one last time.

IMG_3792 (resized).jpegIMG_3792 (resized).jpegIMG_3793 (resized).jpegIMG_3793 (resized).jpegIMG_3794 (resized).jpegIMG_3794 (resized).jpegIMG_3796 (resized).jpegIMG_3796 (resized).jpegIMG_3797 (resized).jpegIMG_3797 (resized).jpeg
#13621 3 months ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

Excellent - thanks! After Chris posted what he used, I poked around pinside and came across your video and ordered the kit from Rampomatic - showed up today! I went ahead and got the hand-held vice type from pintonka.com. I won't be heavy into riveting so don't have the rivet press on my wish list.
I've done a couple of pins where I needed to rivet and of course turned to the devil and used pop rivets. I've been shown the way and re-doing those pins is first on my list. LOL

I did the same. I had Pintonka's vice but got the Rampomatic

Cleared the playfield set one last time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing finer than a freshly cleared and buffed playfield.

#13622 3 months ago

That Fish...Turd was filthy, dirty, corroded, rusted and stretched springs galore. You got some serious tumbling and plating to go. But we know you are up to the task.

#13623 3 months ago

…Topper base given a burial at sea. A sea of primer

This is what I come here for, haha

Playfield looks amazing. Also, never realized Fish Tales had that incline/raised section in the back. Very cool.

#13624 3 months ago

Finished gutting the FT cabinet. IMG_3882 (resized).jpegIMG_3882 (resized).jpeg
I had a hell of a time getting the playfield out.
The stings on the playfield slides and the slides themselves are f:::ed!

IMG_3880 (resized).jpegIMG_3880 (resized).jpegIMG_3883 (resized).jpegIMG_3883 (resized).jpeg
#13625 3 months ago

Sanded the new cabinet and prepped all the accessories.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13626 3 months ago

Painted all that.
Will flatten out as it dries.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13627 3 months ago

Just a few comments. If anyone would like to finance the production of smoked Addams toppers and TZ ramps, I'll be glad to make them. Let's look at the TZ ramp. Total cost to produce it is about $80. With a 20% mark-up, we would sell for $96. We get 300 ramps from the minimum order of PETG. So. that's $24000. You would have to sell 250 ramps just to break even. When I had smoked ramps, I sold 8 per year. That would be less now but let's use 8. It would take 31 years to get your money back. I haven't even added in the cost to ship the ramps, the box, etc. Like I said, contact me if you would like to finance the project.

There are basically 3 people in the US making ramps. None of us are doing this to make a living. If we were, ramps would cost a lot more. We do it because we love pinball and enjoy being part of the restoration team.

Pinball Inc's toppers are not polycarbonate. They are PETG. I know that because I manufacture them. Planetary Pinball, Little Shop of Games, and Marco Spec all carry my topper. On both TZ and TAF, I have told people take the clear. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund. No one has sent it back. Coin Taker sells the black version topper but not smoked .Most people do not realize that making ramps is not a simple process.

#13628 3 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Just a few comments. If anyone would like to finance the production of smoked Addams toppers and TZ ramps, I'll be glad to make them. Let's look at the TZ ramp. Total cost to produce it is about $80. With a 20% mark-up, we would sell for $96. We get 300 ramps from the minimum order of PETG. So. that's $24000. You would have to sell 250 ramps just to break even. When I had smoked ramps, I sold 8 per year. That would be less now but let's use 8. It would take 31 years to get your money back. I haven't even added in the cost to ship the ramps, the box, etc. Like I said, contact me if you would like to finance the project.
There are basically 3 people in the US making ramps. None of us are doing this to make a living. If we were, ramps would cost a lot more. We do it because we love pinball and enjoy being part of the restoration team.
Pinball Inc's toppers are not polycarbonate. They are PETG. I know that because I manufacture them. Planetary Pinball, Little Shop of Games, and Marco Spec all carry my topper. On both TZ and TAF, I have told people take the clear. If you don't like it, send it back for a full refund. No one has sent it back. Coin Taker sells the black version topper but not smoked .Most people do not realize that making ramps is not a simple process.

Is there another process that can be done to smoke it? Flame it, paint it, etc.? Just a new guy helping think outside the box

#13629 3 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Good info. No one is going to know someone else’s business nor trials and tribulations without living it or at least being told.
It does suck that we can’t afford nor justify the proper option.

#13630 3 months ago

The answer probably lies with a cooperation with another company that does use a lot of the product for a different purpose.

Would take some searching out through your material rep and a soft approach to buy some excess from the other company you are not in competition with.

#13631 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The answer probably lies with a cooperation with another company that does use a lot of the product for a different purpose.
Would take some searching out through your material rep and a soft approach to buy some excess from the other company you are not in competition with.

We've tried that. Thanks for the response.

#13632 3 months ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

We've tried that. Thanks for the response.

What about doing the opposite and running some previously clear ramps in the tinted material

#13633 3 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Is there another process that can be done to smoke it? Flame it, paint it, etc.? Just a new guy helping think outside the box

you can dye it, but the result is usually moderate to poor as it very difficult to control the dye absorption.

Jody was dying some small parts for awhile with some limited success and random color variation.

I think the cloud topper would be too big to get an acceptable result.

#13634 3 months ago

I know I wouldn't expect to be able to buy that ramp for under $100...I'd expect it to be double that probably?

Quoted from lrosent345:Just a few comments. If anyone would like to finance the production of smoked Addams toppers and TZ ramps, I'll be glad to make them. Let's look at the TZ ramp. Total cost to produce it is about $80. With a 20% mark-up, we would sell for $96. We get 300 ramps from the minimum order of PETG. So. that's $24000. You would have to sell 250 ramps just to break even. When I had smoked ramps, I sold 8 per year. That would be less now but let's use 8. It would take 31 years to get your money back. I haven't even added in the cost to ship the ramps, the box, etc. Like I said, contact me if you would like to finance the project.

#13635 3 months ago

If you only had smoked, no one would/could buy clear so they would just buy smoked. The smoked should be the one to sell by default being it matches the original game. I hear the people who say clear is better, brightens up the game etc, but clear looks just as shitty as smoked when it gets old. I also don't think it looks great seeing all the wires, but I get that everyone doesn't think like me, I'm more of a purist and like to leave things original.

#13636 3 months ago
Quoted from NYP:

If you only had smoked, no one would/could buy clear so they would just buy smoked. The smoked should be the one to sell by default being it matches the original game. But I'm assuming you wouldn't buy the smoked material just for TZ or AF, aren't there many games (and toppers) that used smoked? I hear the people who say clear is better, brightens up the game etc, but clear looks just as shitty as smoked when it gets old. I also don't think it looks great seeing all the wires, but I get that everyone doesn't think like me, I'm more of a purist and like to leave things original.

Another option sometimes in these situations (I know HEP has done so on occasion in the past) is to create a themed ramp decal to obscure wiring/mechanics below the clear ramp. This is not always the answer for those purist who prefer OEM accurate restorations but can be an effective way to address the issue.

1 week later
#13637 3 months ago

Been pretty quiet around here. Hope all is well and see you back here soon Chris.

#13638 3 months ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Been pretty quiet around here. Hope all is well and see you back here soon Chris.

Best I can do on short notice.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13639 3 months ago

Amazing!

#13640 3 months ago

FT glitter (RK) playfield

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13641 3 months ago

FT RK inside

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
#13642 3 months ago

Turd no more!

#13643 3 months ago

Nineteen years ago IMG_4261 (resized).jpegIMG_4261 (resized).jpeg
Today. Couldn’t talk Curtis into taking his shirt off. IMG_4262 (resized).jpegIMG_4262 (resized).jpeg
But he was willing to take a BCBS flight with me.

IMG_4225 (resized).jpegIMG_4225 (resized).jpeg
#13644 3 months ago

Ha Ha all good.
That looks great...actually it looks perfect!

#13645 3 months ago

It’s art! Makes me appreciate what Williams did for pinball. Maybe someday they’ll get back into pinball.

#13646 3 months ago

Cheers buddy! Cute pics.

#13647 3 months ago

There’s a couple of cool dudes. Fun photos

That Fish Tales looks stunning!

#13648 3 months ago

FT was my first DMD game. Still one of my favorites! Very well done, as always!

1 week later
#13649 87 days ago

High_End_Pins Chris, you see lots of games shipped in and out. Your clients are probably going to demand a shipper that takes extra special care of the game when it goes out. I have to ship a game that Bryan Kelly just finished up for me some of these beltman horror stories are definitely leaving me spooked. What are your clients using?

#13650 86 days ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

I have to ship a game that Bryan Kelly just finished up for me some of these beltman horror stories are definitely leaving me spooked. What are your clients using?

I recently shipped a game to Chris (he arranged the shipping), and have one in transit now, coming home from Chris. He used Beltmann for both.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 14,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 283.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/273 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.